• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,452 Member
    Options
    rlaskey2 wrote: »
    Calories: over
    Exercise: walking
    Water: not enough
    Steps: 15,510

I went for a long walk with a friend in the am to get my steps in. I tracked all day I did go over since I ate my leftovers for dinner, they were too good to throw out and I was being lazy and didn’t feel like cooking the pork tenderloin I was marinated. I had slightly more water but still no where near enough.

Great steps... Would you like me to add you to our Step Challenge ?
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    I am off to go walking with my Birthday Girl (daughter) and Little Aspen my Husky :)
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily Post October 4
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 128oz
    Steps 3053

Sundays are rest day for me as we usually go to my parents house. We did get outside and play a yard game since it was nice outside. I did well on food and got all my water in.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,510 Member
    Options
    lcfa5317 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm Lisa and I'm with the Downsizers. I've been overweight mainly since the birth of my 3rd child which was in 2000. I joined MFP a few years ago, but never tracked. I've been tracking for about 5 weeks now. I didn't step on the scale during that time because I thought it would be helpful to wait. I was CERTAIN I lost weight. I stepped on the scale today, and I gained weight! I guess I have to eat healthier foods! It was very depressing to see that number today. I thought the scale was off, so of course I had to step on it a few times. Where to do I write my information? Since today is my weigh in day I'd like to put it somewhere, but I'm not quite sure how this works. I'd also like to join @Megan_smartiepants1970 in her step challenge. My steps today are 14,485.

Welcome to the team Lisa! You post your weight here on the team chat and I will enter it on the spreadsheet. I have your starting weight as 191 so you can use that as your PW. Try and make sure your logging is accurate. Sometimes it is amazing how many extra calories we can consume in a day. I know I have to be careful with my BLT’s(bites, licks and tastes) as those can easily add up over the day. I weigh all my foods with a food scale. I know this is not for everyone. Have patience as if your calorie intake is spot on you will start losing weight.

mszoueb wrote: »
    Morning all,

Woo, hello the October thread. Cannot believe that it is a new month already! Happy to be carrying on with the team for another month. I don't know if it's similar where you guys are but definitely noticed the weather change and temperatures drop down. Where has this year gone? On Saturday I weighed in at 249.2 but then this morning I have went up to 250.2 - not overly surprised as I've probably went over my calories at the weekend but would of been nice to end/start this month under the 250's.

Still trying to be mindful all round on food and exercise, I fit in a stationery bike cycle session and a few walks last week. Phew that cycle was tough, I got to 28 mins but usually somehow manage 30 mins - the acid reflux nearly had me passing out off the bike had to stop and keep sitting down. I thought I left a good enough time between eating but wow it got me. I don't know if anyone else gets like when exercising? I probably push myself harder than I should on the resistance - I usually do a mix alternating between 2 mins warm up on level 4 then level 5 and 6 2 mins each alternating them up until 30 mins.. (it goes up to about resistance level 13 - I have no idea how that's possible) but it wouldn't feel like a workout if I stayed on one level for the duration.

My goals this month is carrying over last month's goal to stay under 250's as I want to hit total loss of 1-1.5 stone (would be 245.5-238.4) by Christmas as stated in Sept thread.

Have a great week everyone.

CW: 250.2

Congrats on the loss this week! You have October off to a good start. I am glad you are back with us this month. Those bike sessions sound intense! Be careful as you don’t want to pass out and hurt yourself.

Hi! I come to the post lmao because in the Step challenge from October I am as Marigorrina instead of marigorringo. :D Marigorringo means ladybug in basque but gorrina means female pig, and usually when we wanna say "you are the queen of..."for example lazyness you will say MARILAZY and in this case is Marigorrina. The queen of the lady pigs. Just to add that they call pigs to fat people. September has been my worse month weight wise and Marigorrina feels so accurate that I couldn't stop laughing!

I fixed your name on the spreadsheet. You are definitely not queen of the pigs but a beautiful ladybug.

Gooooood Morning all you amazing Downsizers .... Today is my daughter's Birthday she is now 15 :o ..Getting ready to go walking ...I am excited to try to push myself a little farther in our walks...I really want to hit that 5 mile milestone...I keep coming up shy of it ...I hope you all have an amazing day :)

Happy Birthday to your daughter.

I went for a long walk with a friend in the am to get my steps in. I tracked all day I did go over since I ate my leftovers for dinner, they were too good to throw out and I was being lazy and didn’t feel like cooking the pork tenderloin I was marinated. I had slightly more water but still no where near enough.

One thing I do is put flavour drops in my water. I use ice tea drops. Since I started doing this I have been getting my water in everyday. This weeks challenge is on water intake. The link to the challenge is:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10811840/october-week-1-challenge-one-week-hydration-challenge#latest

Good luck in your water intake this week!
  • eaturpasta
    eaturpasta Posts: 84 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    I am sorry I am late on introducing myself. Hi everyone! I am Lisa. I am 53 years young and I was at my heaviest (other than pregnancy) at the end of 2019. I did not feel good about myself. I did not like how I looked and my cholesterol was not in a healthy range. I was obese at 197 pounds for my 5'6" frame. So I made the choice to make a change in January 2020. I chose to start another weight loss plan, name withheld for now. I ate 1200 calories and drank 100 oz water. I weighed and logged all of my food. It worked for 3 months, I was able to loose 20 pounds and got myself into the overweight category. In March I quit smoking, and my weight loss has stalled. In April I started walking a mile a day. No change in weight. In April I added stationary biking 3 miles a night. No change. In May, I tried eliminating red meat and got a standing desk. So now I stand 9 hours while at work. No change. In June, I went to the dr. for labs to see if anything was wonky. Nope, healthiest I have ever been. Which is great news, but I want to loose 25 more pounds. So in July I added IF and I have lost 4 more pounds. In August I have changed to walk/jogging. Still stuck. Each thing I have added to my plan, I continue to do today (except no red meat, I do occasionally eat it). I was on 1200 calories, now I am on 1400. I love to cook, so 95% of our food I prepare from scratch. This weekend was too many birthdays, so I ate some sweets I generally wouldn't have. But I do want to live life, and be able to eat! Can anyone help me hone where the issue is?

So I am currently working on these last 20ish pounds. And I need help and friends! Please add me. My food diary is open. I work 50 - 60 hours a day like many of you. We have 7 kids, ages 18-30. I do not have a lot of time to exercise, but I fit in what I can. Current exercise is 15 min HIIT each am. 1+ mile walk during lunch. 1+ mile walk before dinner. 3 mile bike after dinner. My step count hovers around 7000. But with standing 8 hours plus, and biking, shouldn't that count?

Megan, please add me to the step counter.

Oct 1 steps 8178
    Oct 2 steps 7104
    Oct 3 steps 6822
    Oct 4 steps 7086

Eaturpasta
    Weigh in Day: Tuesday
    PW:
    CW:174.4
    LTD(loss to date) 22.6

October Goals
    LTG 155.0
    Lose 1lb/week
    Drink 90 ounces of water daily
    7,500 steps/day
    Close rings every day this month
  • eaturpasta
    Options
    dabbers18 wrote: »
    A very brief one this.
    CW....316.2
    STEPS about 4000
    I been struck down with the dreaded virus. In my bed since thurs as so poorly. Xx

Hope you get to feeling better soon!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Sunday’s check in
    Exercise: walked in 5 minute chunks total 25 minutes
    Water: ✅
    Steps:
    DBF: 0

I am sad today. 😢 I should have been leaving for my trip to Scotland for my granddaughters 1st birthday today. I ended up eating my feelings and binged last night. The good thing is I got a voucher for my plane tickets and will be travelling there as soon as COVID-19 slows down or we get a vaccine.

I have 3/5 of my 5 minute walks done. I took pain medication about 15 minutes ago so I am going to try and go for a short walk. It’s stopped raining, it’s cool outside and sunny. Perfect walking weather!

I am up slightly after the weekend. We had a fairly high sodium supper last night and being over in calories for 3 nights contributed to this. I am going to have to be tight with my eating for the rest of the week to be under my calorie average this week.

Have a great start to the week.

Goals for week
    1. Walk 5 minutes at 5 times daily
    2. No binge eating
    3. 70 ounces of water
    4. Try a new recipe every week
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    eaturpasta wrote: »
    I am sorry I am late on introducing myself. Hi everyone! I am Lisa. I am 53 years young and I was at my heaviest (other than pregnancy) at the end of 2019. I did not feel good about myself. I did not like how I looked and my cholesterol was not in a healthy range. I was obese at 197 pounds for my 5'6" frame. So I made the choice to make a change in January 2020. I chose to start another weight loss plan, name withheld for now. I ate 1200 calories and drank 100 oz water. I weighed and logged all of my food. It worked for 3 months, I was able to loose 20 pounds and got myself into the overweight category. In March I quit smoking, and my weight loss has stalled. In April I started walking a mile a day. No change in weight. In April I added stationary biking 3 miles a night. No change. In May, I tried eliminating red meat and got a standing desk. So now I stand 9 hours while at work. No change. In June, I went to the dr. for labs to see if anything was wonky. Nope, healthiest I have ever been. Which is great news, but I want to loose 25 more pounds. So in July I added IF and I have lost 4 more pounds. In August I have changed to walk/jogging. Still stuck. Each thing I have added to my plan, I continue to do today (except no red meat, I do occasionally eat it). I was on 1200 calories, now I am on 1400. I love to cook, so 95% of our food I prepare from scratch. This weekend was too many birthdays, so I ate some sweets I generally wouldn't have. But I do want to live life, and be able to eat! Can anyone help me hone where the issue is?

So I am currently working on these last 20ish pounds. And I need help and friends! Please add me. My food diary is open. I work 50 - 60 hours a day like many of you. We have 7 kids, ages 18-30. I do not have a lot of time to exercise, but I fit in what I can. Current exercise is 15 min HIIT each am. 1+ mile walk during lunch. 1+ mile walk before dinner. 3 mile bike after dinner. My step count hovers around 7000. But with standing 8 hours plus, and biking, shouldn't that count?

Oct 1 steps 8178
    Oct 2 steps 7104
    Oct 3 steps 6822
    Oct 4 steps 7086

Eaturpasta
    PW:
    LTD(loss to date) 22.6

October Goals
    LTG 155.0
    Lose 1lb/week
    7,500 steps/day

Welcome to the team and the October challenge. Sounds like you have implemented great changes to your life. Congrats on quitting smoking! I can’t imagine how tough that has to be. You have to be crazy busy with 7 kids. You are right that it is still important to be able to live life. I don’t know if you use a food scale but it has been one of my most valuable tools in this journey. It is very easy to underestimate calories. Also as I said to the other Lisa earlier you have to watch the BLT’s as they can add up over the run of a day. You have awesome goals for the month and I am excited to be on this journey with you.
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps:
    10/1 7,334
    10/2 11,574
    10/3 6,091
    10/4 4,444

My goal was to do a week of 'clean eating' but it is already busted. I was running late this morning and grabbed a package of tuna for lunch. Who would imagine that there would be sugar, xanthan gum, citrus fiber, yeast extract, and maltose in tuna?

I guess I'll try again tomorrow.
  • Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    lcfa5317 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm Lisa and I'm with the Downsizers. I've been overweight mainly since the birth of my 3rd child which was in 2000. I joined MFP a few years ago, but never tracked. I've been tracking for about 5 weeks now. I didn't step on the scale during that time because I thought it would be helpful to wait. I was CERTAIN I lost weight. I stepped on the scale today, and I gained weight! I guess I have to eat healthier foods! It was very depressing to see that number today. I thought the scale was off, so of course I had to step on it a few times. Where to do I write my information? Since today is my weigh in day I'd like to put it somewhere, but I'm not quite sure how this works. I'd also like to join @Megan_smartiepants1970 in her step challenge. My steps today are 14,485.

Oohh I can relate so much to stepped on the scale few times to see that it's true!
    But it will go better!
  • Z10Rtza
    Options
    dabbers18 wrote: »
    A very brief one this.
    CW....316.2
    STEPS about 4000
    I been struck down with the dreaded virus. In my bed since thurs as so poorly. Xx

I hope you feel better soon. There are some fun activities that don't require much energy and get your head a bit out. You can colour books, you can make a scarf, you can read a comic/manga/manwha ...
  • Z10Rtza
    Options
    mszoueb wrote: »
    Morning all,

Woo, hello the October thread. Cannot believe that it is a new month already! Happy to be carrying on with the team for another month. I don't know if it's similar where you guys are but definitely noticed the weather change and temperatures drop down. Where has this year gone? On Saturday I weighed in at 249.2 but then this morning I have went up to 250.2 - not overly surprised as I've probably went over my calories at the weekend but would of been nice to end/start this month under the 250's.

Still trying to be mindful all round on food and exercise, I fit in a stationery bike cycle session and a few walks last week. Phew that cycle was tough, I got to 28 mins but usually somehow manage 30 mins - the acid reflux nearly had me passing out off the bike had to stop and keep sitting down. I thought I left a good enough time between eating but wow it got me. I don't know if anyone else gets like when exercising? I probably push myself harder than I should on the resistance - I usually do a mix alternating between 2 mins warm up on level 4 then level 5 and 6 2 mins each alternating them up until 30 mins.. (it goes up to about resistance level 13 - I have no idea how that's possible) but it wouldn't feel like a workout if I stayed on one level for the duration.

My goals this month is carrying over last month's goal to stay under 250's as I want to hit total loss of 1-1.5 stone (would be 245.5-238.4) by Christmas as stated in Sept thread.

Have a great week everyone.

CW: 250.2

Here more than the temperature I feel the change of colours in the leaves, the behaviour of the a animals...
    When I was doing spinning like crazy, my help was the blue powerade. That was my magic trick. Maybe you can try.
  • Z10Rtza
    Options
    Gooooood Morning all you amazing Downsizers .... Today is my daughter's Birthday she is now 15 :o ..Getting ready to go walking ...I am excited to try to push myself a little farther in our walks...I really want to hit that 5 mile milestone...I keep coming up shy of it ...I hope you all have an amazing day :)

Happy birthday and happy walk!
  • Z10Rtza
    Options

Try the App Plant Nanny. It's a funny app that helps you drinking more water. You adopt plants and the way to give them water is when you drink. If you don't drink enough, the plants die. You can give them names, you get reminders, you can adapt the cup size...
  • Z10Rtza
    Options
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Daily Post October 4
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 128oz
    Steps 3053

Sundays are rest day for me as we usually go to my parents house. We did get outside and play a yard game since it was nice outside. I did well on food and got all my water in.

Well done!!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    eaturpasta wrote: »

Oct 1 steps 8178
    Oct 2 steps 7104
    Oct 3 steps 6822
    Oct 4 steps 7086

Eaturpasta
    PW:
    LTD(loss to date) 22.6

October Goals
    LTG 155.0
    Lose 1lb/week
    7,500 steps/day

Welcome to our amazing team Lisa ........Are you eat back at least 1/2 of the calories from exercise ? If not you might want to give that a try :smile: .....I have a conversion chart for any type of exercise so I can convert it to steps to give you more ....Congrats on your weight loss so far ...wishing you more success :smile:
  • eaturpasta
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Try the App Plant Nanny. It's a funny app that helps you drinking more water. You adopt plants and the way to give them water is when you drink. If you don't drink enough, the plants die. You can give them names, you get reminders, you can adapt the cup size...

I love the plant Nanny! I use it every day to remind me to drink.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options

Happy birthday and happy walk!

Thanks Z :)
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    92kaachwlv8y.gif
    6yl3jqwyrfir.png
    dsw6a3o5ha98.png
    5h97d9ec0bp3.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Weight No More 0.45%
    2nd Shrinking Assets 0.36%