Downsizers - October 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• lcfa5317
    lcfa5317 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    10/16
    Steps = 13,490
    Drove to a beautiful area & hiked 4 miles in the woods - now wearing gloves and a hat.
    Today is 10/17 - weigh in day
    PW=196
    CW=194

I’m happy, but I gained 5 lbs. in September, so I feel like I have to get that off before I even start. It’s all so hard.
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    User: cesse47
    Weigh-in Day: Saturday

Previous weight: 295.2
    Current weight: 294.8

STEPS -- 3000 each day this past week
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily Post October 16
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 128oz
    Steps 8984
    Exercise 60min walk pushing stroller

Bundled up my daughter for our walk yesterday as it was pretty chilly out. She loves going with me so she didn't mind wearing all the gear, she did great. In the evening I noticed my steps were a little lower than usual so I ran in place for a bit after my husband and I went downstairs while he found something for us to watch. Wish I would have noticed I was 16 steps from 9k though haha, I'd have got those before going to sleep.
    Today I probably won't get a walk in. We are going camping again and doing a trick or treat event. This campground is a lot bigger than the one last weekend so maybe I will get more steps if my kids are up for walking the whole thing. Gonna focus on drinking lots of water and keeping my calories under.
  • zaralovesKatz
    zaralovesKatz Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    @lcfa5317,

I know people say they understand what someone's going through but I really do. Very recently I was retaining water my feet were so swollen and I put on weight, I don't know five to six pounds somewhere around there. It took several days before I could see the light and excess weight has come off and now I can start really losing again,

Today was the day I lost all the weight I had gained. Now I'm back on track to losing. 😃 Don't give or become to stressed it all happen to you too. I said to others the something you did I have to lose what I gained before I can start losing again.

You got this girl 😊 We got this! 💕. I'm Kitty by the way!

• zaralovesKatz
    zaralovesKatz Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I meant don't give up! It will happen! 😺
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Tazaria87
    Saturday
    PW 213.6
    CW 212.8
    Loss with MFP 57.2lbs
    LTD 110.2lbs
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,904 Member
    Options
    WOW Great losses Everyone ........... A BIG CONGRATS :):):)<3<3<3 ....I am taking the weekend off from exercising .... I usually workout 6 days a week but my body is saying no girl you just relax this weekend ... I am very sore :/:/

I have decided to go for a walk ... I am antsy ... :)
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Very impressive and inspiring losses this week! Way to go!🥳

Steps 12/16: 12,928
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,904 Member
    Options
    WOW Great losses Everyone ........... A BIG CONGRATS :):):)<3<3<3 ....I am taking the weekend off from exercising .... I usually workout 6 days a week but my body is saying no girl you just relax this weekend ... I am very sore :/:/

I have decided to go for a walk ... I am antsy ... :)

we walked 3.85 miles ... I love my early morning walks ....it got real warm on this walk ....tomorrow is rest day
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    lcfa5317 wrote: »
    10/16
    Steps = 13,490
    Drove to a beautiful area & hiked 4 miles in the woods - now wearing gloves and a hat.
    PW=196
    CW=194

I’m happy, but I gained 5 lbs. in September, so I feel like I have to get that off before I even start. It’s all so hard.

I feel the same way. I really want to celebrate my loss this week, but I'm still up 19.8 lbs. from where I'd been. It is hard😞, but we are going in the right direction now. Don't look back, this train only moves forward🚂🛤 (well my emoji is going the wrong way--BUT we are not!!😂).

Have a great weekend😊
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,513 Member
    Options
    iHUSTLE4MUSCLE
    Weigh In Day: Saturday

GW:160
    PW: 179
    CW: 174.8
    Loss: 4.2

Awesome loss! All your hard work is paying off!

rlaskey2 wrote: »
    Tracked No
    Under calories No
    Steps 10,755
    Exercise 39 min 10 rounds boxing workout

Yesterday I spent the day with my husband while the kids were in school. We never have alone time, we had a lunch date and had a couple of drinks. This was a bigger lunch but had a healthy dinner. I did not track not sure why, my day just got away from me. I made sure to get up and do my workout as I normally would, I couldn’t walk due to the rain.

Sounds like a nice day! I pre log my entire week every Sunday. I find this helps track easier.

Username: zaralovesKatz
    Weigh-In Day: Saturday
    Ultimate Goa
    PW: 288.6
    CW: 283.6
    LTD: 116.4

Highest weight: 400 lbs
    MFP restart weight: 295 (11.4 lbs loss)
    Challenge loss (-5 lbs lost)

Was retaining water for a little over a week, especially in my feet. Happy to finally be losing and heading in the right direction again. ⬇️ 😺

Congrats on the loss! It’s nice when we get rid of pesky water weight.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    lcfa5317 wrote: »
    10/16
    Steps = 13,490
    PW=196
    CW=194

Great loss! It may be frustrating that you gained in September but you have put that behind you and are focused again. During this journey there are lots of bumps in the road. You just had to get through the bump to start moving again.

cesse47 wrote: »
    User: cesse47
    Weigh-in Day: Saturday

Previous weight: 295.2
    Current weight: 294.8

STEPS -- 3000 each day this past week

Awesome!

Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Daily Post October 16
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 128oz
    Steps 8984
    Exercise 60min walk pushing stroller

Bundled up my daughter for our walk yesterday as it was pretty chilly out. She loves going with me so she didn't mind wearing all the gear, she did great. In the evening I noticed my steps were a little lower than usual so I ran in place for a bit after my husband and I went downstairs while he found something for us to watch. Wish I would have noticed I was 16 steps from 9k though haha, I'd have got those before going to sleep.
    Today I probably won't get a walk in. We are going camping again and doing a trick or treat event. This campground is a lot bigger than the one last weekend so maybe I will get more steps if my kids are up for walking the whole thing. Gonna focus on drinking lots of water and keeping my calories under.
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Tazaria87
    Saturday
    PW 213.6
    CW 212.8
    Loss with MFP 57.2lbs
    LTD 110.2lbs

Sounds like you have a fun day planned. Super loss! You have reached another milestone, 110 pounds lost. Great job!
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Steps 10/16: 6572

Steps are low but my knees really hurt. I have switched to naproxen and I am going to take it twice a day for 2 weeks to see if that helps get me past this. Calories and water were good yesterday and so far today. Scale was down 0.2 of the 2.5 gain. I’ll take it.
  • ScorpioGirl70
    ScorpioGirl70 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    10/16/2020

ScorpioGirl70
    Weigh In Day: Friday

PW: 214 pounds
    CW: 213 pounds
    Loss: 1 pound

Weight when starting this journey was 260 pounds
    Overall Loss: 47 pounds
    I started MFP: December 20, 2019 weighing 228
    Overall Loss since starting MFP: 15 pounds -- with many ups and downs.

Steps: 5319

Awesome loss! You are so close to 50 pounds lost. Do you have any special reward for when you hit this milestone?

@lindamtuck2018 No special reward other then, a pat on the back. Hoping to reach under 200 by end of November, 50th bday.
  • ScorpioGirl70
    ScorpioGirl70 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    10/17/2020 Checkin

ScorpioGirl70
    Weigh In Day: Friday

Steps: 3106
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Tracked No
    Under calories
    Steps 6341
    Exercise No

I have been apparently taking a little break. I haven’t been horrible just not tracking. I am going to meal plan today and shop tomorrow and try to get back into things. I may take the suggestion and try pre tracking the night before for the week to see if it works better for me.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »
    Steps 10/16: 6572

Steps are low but my knees really hurt. I have switched to naproxen and I am going to take it twice a day for 2 weeks to see if that helps get me past this. Calories and water were good yesterday and so far today. Scale was down 0.2 of the 2.5 gain. I’ll take it.

I hope the naproxen works for you! Stay focused on your goals and the weight will drop down.

rlaskey2 wrote: »
    Tracked No
    Under calories
    Steps 6341
    Exercise No

I have been apparently taking a little break. I haven’t been horrible just not tracking. I am going to meal plan today and shop tomorrow and try to get back into things. I may take the suggestion and try pre tracking the night before for the week to see if it works better for me.

I hope it works for you. I am going to sit down and log everything for the week today.
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    GOALS: Saturday, Oct. 17

🏃🏻‍♀️Workout: YES
    💦 Water: YES
    🍽 Food: NO
    😴Sleep: YES

STEPS
    Sat.. 10/17: 11,766
This discussion has been closed.