Downsizers - October 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,887 Member
    Options
    @darleenturner , @twitch82 , @TASCascalho , @carrolljessica4 , @Megan_smartiepants1970 --Way to go on the losses!!!!👏🎉

Thank you so much Angie :)
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Username: azkunk
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    PW (Previous Weight): 189
    CW (Current Weight): 190.9
    LTD (Loss to Date): 16.1

Gained 1.9 since last official weigh-in but it’s really up 2.5 from this weeks low. I am so frustrated and I am starting to let it get to me. I need to get out of my head and trust the process. Eating has been within limits (except yesterday) but my hip and knees have been hurting so bad that even 800mg of ibuprofen has not been helping. So, my steps and exercise have been low. Water also has not been great.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,887 Member
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »

Gained 1.9 since last official weigh-in but it’s really up 2.5 from this weeks low. I am so frustrated and I am starting to let it get to me. I need to get out of my head and trust the process. Eating has been within limits (except yesterday) but my hip and knees have been hurting so bad that even 800mg of ibuprofen has not been helping. So, my steps and exercise have been low. Water also has not been great.

Sorry about the gain ....Do you want me to record any of your steps from 10/12 until today ?
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,511 Member
    Options

I know gaining weight is frustrating but you will break your plateau. I am so sorry about your knees and hip. It is hard to focus on anything when you are in pain. Continue to log your food, weigh all your food and exercise the best you can.
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily Post October 15
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 128oz
    Steps 10666
    Exercise 60min walk

My mom took the afternoon off so we ended up going grocery shopping yesterday instead of waiting till today like usual. That put me not getting my walk in until the evening. My husband was upstairs though and hung out with the kids so I got to go by myself. It was kind of chilly but still enjoyable. Gonna need to start wearing gloves for my walks now.
  • zaralovesKatz
    zaralovesKatz Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Username: zaralovesKatz
    Weigh-In Day: Saturday
    PW: 288.6
    CW: ??? (We will find out Saturday 😊)
    LTD: 111.4 (based on weight above)

Formerly known as Kitty2Katz account username and password mysteriously deleted or inactive either way mfp says I can't use either that I have to start a new account so I did the above is my new username. This is an awesome group and I still wanted to hang around you amazing people ❤️

Thanks again, @lindamtuck2018! 😺
  • azkunk
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

10/12: 8232
    10/13: 3304
    10/14: 5278
    10/15: 7377
  • azkunk
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 & @lindamtuck2018 - thanks for the encouraging words. Today I will focus on tracking, water and steps. I think I’m going to pick up some naproxen and she if maybe that will help better than Motrin.
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Tracked Yes
    Under calories 🤷‍♀️
    Steps 20,262
    Exercise back/biceps strength workout and beach walk

Yesterday was a good day, I was able to run errands by myself and do a nice beach walk. Eating was on point until my chicken wasn’t defrosted for dinner so I ate soup but stopped tracking at that point. Good news is I skipped the pumpkin whoopie pie! I may have been under calories just got lazy with tracking
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I'm so tired by Friday, and didn't get in my morning workout today and it was raining too hard to walk outside at lunchtime today like I usually do. Did I mention how sore I am?? 😫

Excuses, excuses. SMH I'm now trying to motivate myself to get on the elliptical and/or bike for at least an hour, so wish me luck.

Have a fun Friday night😄
  • AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Amyg1982
    Friday weigh in
    Pw 223.6
    CW 227.8

I indulged too much last weekend but this seems too high! Guess I need to drink more water and hope for better next week!
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    Options
    GOALS: Friday, Oct. 16

🏃🏻‍♀️Workout: YES
    💦 Water: YES
    🍽 Food: YES
    😴Sleep: YES

STEPS
    Fri.. 10/16: 10.517
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Daily Post October 15
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 128oz
    Steps 10666
    Exercise 60min walk

My mom took the afternoon off so we ended up going grocery shopping yesterday instead of waiting till today like usual. That put me not getting my walk in until the evening. My husband was upstairs though and hung out with the kids so I got to go by myself. It was kind of chilly but still enjoyable. Gonna need to start wearing gloves for my walks now.

Another great day! Your ability to focus on your goals is why you are so successful.

CW: ??? (We will find out Saturday 😊)
    LTD: 111.4 (based on weight above)

Formerly known as Kitty2Katz account username and password mysteriously deleted or inactive either way mfp says I can't use either that I have to start a new account so I did the above is my new username. This is an awesome group and I still wanted to hang around you amazing people ❤️

Thanks again, @lindamtuck2018! 😺

I am glad to have you here! You are pretty amazing yourself!

@Megan_smartiepants1970 & @lindamtuck2018 - thanks for the encouraging words. Today I will focus on tracking, water and steps. I think I’m going to pick up some naproxen and she if maybe that will help better than Motrin.

I hope the naproxen works for you. I take Celebrex which really helps me with my rheumatoid arthritis.

rlaskey2 wrote: »
    Tracked Yes
    Under calories 🤷‍♀️
    Steps 20,262
    Exercise back/biceps strength workout and beach walk

Yesterday was a good day, I was able to run errands by myself and do a nice beach walk. Eating was on point until my chicken wasn’t defrosted for dinner so I ate soup but stopped tracking at that point. Good news is I skipped the pumpkin whoopie pie! I may have been under calories just got lazy with tracking

Well done passing on the pie. Get back to tracking as this will help.

10/16/2020

ScorpioGirl70

PW: 214 pounds
    CW: 213 pounds
    Loss: 1 pound

Weight when starting this journey was 260 pounds
    Overall Loss: 47 pounds
    I started MFP: December 20, 2019 weighing 228
    Overall Loss since starting MFP: 15 pounds -- with many ups and downs.

Steps: 5319

Awesome loss! You are so close to 50 pounds lost. Do you have any special reward for when you hit this milestone?

I'm so tired by Friday, and didn't get in my morning workout today and it was raining too hard to walk outside at lunchtime today like I usually do. Did I mention how sore I am?? 😫

Excuses, excuses. SMH I'm now trying to motivate myself to get on the elliptical and/or bike for at least an hour, so wish me luck.

Have a fun Friday night😄
    GOALS: Friday, Oct. 16

🏃🏻‍♀️Workout: YES
    💦 Water: YES
    🍽 Food: YES
    😴Sleep: YES

STEPS
    Fri.. 10/16: 10.517

I saw you got your exercise done! Great job pushing through!

AmyG1982 wrote: »
    Amyg1982
    Friday weigh in
    Pw 223.6
    CW 227.8

I indulged too much last weekend but this seems too high! Guess I need to drink more water and hope for better next week!

How was your sodium intake in the few days before Friday? When I have a high sodium meal my weight can spike 5 pounds or more. Drinking lots of water helps flush it out.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Friday’s check in
    Calories: over
    Exercise: 0
    Water: ✅
    Steps: 1,931
    Sleep: no
    DBF: 1

I won’t have been over but I got real hungry before bed and I had a yogurt. No binges last night so I start my new streak. I slept like a log last night. One of the benefits of the new medication is it helps with sleep. I had to get up real early as it is grocery shopping day so I didn’t get 8 hours. I am feeling more positive today as I am hopeful that things are going to improve.

I hope you have a great Saturday!

Goals this week
    1. No binge eating/late night snacking
    2. Sleep at least 8 hours
    3. Chair workout 5 times a week
    4. Stay within maintenance calories
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    Options
    iHUSTLE4MUSCLE
    Weigh In Day: Saturday

GW:160
    PW: 179
    CW: 174.8
    Loss: 4.2
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Tracked No
    Under calories No
    Steps 10,755
    Exercise 39 min 10 rounds boxing workout

Yesterday I spent the day with my husband while the kids were in school. We never have alone time, we had a lunch date and had a couple of drinks. This was a bigger lunch but had a healthy dinner. I did not track not sure why, my day just got away from me. I made sure to get up and do my workout as I normally would, I couldn’t walk due to the rain.
  • zaralovesKatz
    Options
    Ultimate Goa
    CW: 283.6
    LTD: 116.4

Highest weight: 400 lbs
    MFP restart weight: 295 (11.4 lbs loss)
    Challenge loss (-5 lbs lost)

Was retaining water for a little over a week, especially in my feet. Happy to finally be losing and heading in the right direction again. ⬇️ 😺
  • zaralovesKatz
    Options
    Thanks, @lindamtuck2018! I'm glad tu be back! 😺💕
This discussion has been closed.