Replies

• rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Tracked Yes
    Under calories No
    Steps 8376tracked
    Exercise: rest day

I had a lazy day, I planned to not work out and chose not to walk because it was cold and gray outside. I tracked all day up until dinner time. I helped my daughter make sweet potato gnocchi from her cooking kit that we had with a fall chicken and Apple recipe.
  • shortyjmorgan1
    shortyjmorgan1 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Sorry everyone my app and account were messed up. Finally got back in.
    CW 166.4
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,243 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Hey DS...we have 2 newcomers coming aboard .... Please welcome @Bluetail6 and @Krista_Knits52 to our team :)@mari_moulin is also coming back to our team... :)
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    CHECK IN: Sunday, Oct. 25

🏃🏻‍♀️Workout: NO
    💦 Water: NO
    🍽 Food: NO
    😴Sleep: YES

STEPS
    SUN. 10/25: 1,813

I had a really bad weekend, both eating and exercise were awful. I'm very bloated from sodium and lack of water. I have to completely start over again. I really abused my eating. I did some major damage on my diet. :/:( Struggling emotionally.

Today, I am making a promise to myself to treat myself with respect, by drinking my water, eating on plan and exercising.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,243 Member
    Options
    Busy Busy morning ... I am off to go walk :)
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,183 Member
    Options
    5r8t63hkc057.jpg
    h7e8wzfffuag.png
    o27h5thrblkr.png
    7udluuxh0s3m.png

TOP THREE TEAMS BY PERCENTAGE
    u68oqyazszab.png

TOP THREE TEAMS BY POUNDS LOST
    7cpz500kykdp.png

TOP THREE INDIVIDUALS BY PERCENTAGE
    1st @Queenieamy 3.54%
    2nd @AustinRuadhain 2.84%
    3rd @28Haveitall2020 2.45%

TOP THREE INDIVIDUALS BY POUNDS LOST
    1st @28Haveitall2020 6.0
    2nd @Queenieamy 5.7
    3rd @mainebeachbum 5.6

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @Jen_967
    @izzyred9400
    @xiaolongbao
    @kiane50
    @floecity
    @jazzagirl30
    @Kali225
    @megan_smartiepants1970
    @trooworld

zjbrls0prcq8.png
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,528 Member
    Options
    dabbers18 wrote: »
    Hello all.
    CW.....215.5lb
    Steps....31,625 big improvement.
    Still feeling a bit off due to covid. All I wanna do is sleep! At least that stops me eating.
    Was really struggling since weds as that b*%^&*d vivid took my lovely friend away, he was only 32 😪😪. I'm gonna be so glad to see the back of the year. Been awful year for me.
    But at least I can still smile 😁 xxx

I am so sorry about your friend. I hope you start feeling better soon.

lcfa5317 wrote: »
    Information from Saturday, Oct. 24
    Steps = 12,304
    Weigh in day 193
    SW = 196
    PW=194
    It's a slow process, but it's working. I enjoy reading all these posts. I was using my phone to post most of this week, so it was difficult to write much. I don't know how to respond to someone in this group. Any help with that issue would be appreciated.
    I did Zumba via Zoom yesterday. I like being in a live session - it's more motivating for me for some reason. I feel like I'm connecting with people that way.
    I'm going to go for a long walk later today. (or clean the house - I think the walk will win.) I might make a pot of cauliflower/potato soup too.
    One pound a week isn't much, but it would add up to 52 pounds in a year!!

Awesome loss! When I used to go to the gym I loved the social aspect as well as the fitness benefit so I definitely get what you are saying. To respond to someone’s post there’s a quote button at the bottom of the post. Click on that and you can respond to that post.

azkunk wrote: »
    I could not go on my hike today. After doing the 330-stair hike twice this week my left calf feels like it’s going to cramp every time I flex my foot. So, lots of stretching and the heating pad today. I will do a dog walk just to move a bit.

Scale was actually down 0.1 today when is usually goes up on the weekend so I am very hopeful that this plateau is broken.

I hope taking a break helped your calf. I think it is amazing you are doing that hike!

draby2011 wrote: »
    Username: Draby2011
    Weigh-In Day: Saturday
    Starting Weight: 278 pounds
    Previous Weight: 230.2 pounds
    Current Weight: 240.4 pounds
    This Week's Loss: +10.2 pounds
    Loss to Date: 37.6 pounds

Welp, I should add this was not a fasting weight and I ate like crap again today but I am all prepared for this week. I work for the next 9 days so it will be much easier to stay on track. I am also working mostly at the hospital which keeps me going all the time. I also bought a gallon jug to make sure I get my water intake in so that will be part of my goals for this week. We have a big ice machine so as long as I have ice it shouldn't be an issue.

The only issue I see, and it won't be much of an issue is our Halloween party here at home. I work the actual day of Halloween so I told the kids we would celebrate with spooky treats and a small party the night before. I am not a huge sweets person so it won't be that bad and I can throw down on some mummy dogs lol.

Goals for this week:
    *Lose 8 pounds
    *Get 10,000 steps every day
    *Drink at least half a gallon of water daily (good starting point for me)
    *Try to incorporate some form of exercise in daily. (even on hospitals days even if not much)

It sounds like you are ready to really focus this week. I like your goals this week and they will help you have a very successful week!

lelbarou wrote: »
    Hi,
    My name is Laura (Lelbarou)
    Thanks for the intro Megan.
    Nice to meet everyone. I have been on MFP back and forth, but I am pretty determined this time to make a lifestyle and weighloss change in my life. I live in Toronto, Ontario and I teach Adult ESL (English as a Second Language). I have been out of work, but am planning on applying for some jobs. I might actually have now a part time job with the government as a covid tracer.

Anyway, I have been overweight pretty much all my life. Since I was maybe 7-8 years of age.
    It is something I have definitely struggled with all my adult life. Lately, it has taken a toll on my knees and breathing etc. so I really feel it's time to do something serious.

I don't know what my specific goalds are but I will give some genneral ones I guess.
    Goals for this week.
    Lose 5 pounds.
    Walk 20-30 miutes every day
    Try to increase intermittant fasting time

I hope everyone has a nice night.

Hi Laura! Welcome to the team! I hope you find it as supportive as I do. I do not live too far from you as I am in London. I know losing weight has improved my life drastically.
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily Post October 25
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 128oz
    Steps 3031

Had a nice time for my grandma's birthday, she turned 84. Ordered from a bbq place we tried once before and really liked. It was my only meal of the day and I had a couple snacks otherwise so I stayed under calorie. Sundays are usually rest day so steps were low. Will get more steps today for sure.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    rlaskey2 wrote: »
    Tracked Yes
    Under calories No
    Steps 8376tracked
    Exercise: rest day

I had a lazy day, I planned to not work out and chose not to walk because it was cold and gray outside. I tracked all day up until dinner time. I helped my daughter make sweet potato gnocchi from her cooking kit that we had with a fall chicken and Apple recipe.

Lazy days are the best! I am sure today you will be back to tracking.

Sorry everyone my app and account were messed up. Finally got back in.
    CW 166.4

Glad you got back in! If you can’t get in and it’s weigh day just message me with your stats.

CHECK IN: Sunday, Oct. 25

🏃🏻‍♀️Workout: NO
    💦 Water: NO
    🍽 Food: NO
    😴Sleep: YES

STEPS
    SUN. 10/25: 1,813

I had a really bad weekend, both eating and exercise were awful. I'm very bloated from sodium and lack of water. I have to completely start over again. I really abused my eating. I did some major damage on my diet. :/:( Struggling emotionally.

Today, I am making a promise to myself to treat myself with respect, by drinking my water, eating on plan and exercising.

Drink extra water today to overcome that sodium bloat. I love your promise to yourself. 🤗
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    2xis69l12tk2.png

Congratulations ladies! A special shoutout to @28Haveitall2020 for placing in the top three in the entire group!
  • Case0099
    Case0099 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    10/26 weight in:
    CW 219.6
    PW 221.2
    LTD 25.4

10/22 2,235 steps (The weather was really bad and I was LAZY!)
    10/23 8,418 steps
    10/24 8,272 steps
    10/25 7,380 steps
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Sunday’s check in
    Calories: over
    Exercise: no
    Water: ✅
    Steps: 3,194
    Sleep: Yes
    DBF: 0

It’s the beginning of a new week and I am hoping it’s my start to getting back on track. The scales shocked me this morning. This mornings weight put me up 14 pounds from my lowest weight. It is a result of the binge eating and decreased activity. The cortisone really helped my shoulder so I am calling the gym today to join. I am going to start with weights and the exercise bike. I will add the treadmill once my leg starts improving. I am both excited and scared of going to the gym. I am going to start the weights myself as I worked with a personal trainer in the past. If I think my form is off I will think about hiring one again.

Goals this week
    1. No binge eating/late night snacking
    2. Sleep at least 7.5 hours
    3. Stay within maintenance calories
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Case0099 wrote: »
    10/26 weight in:
    CW 219.6
    PW 221.2
    LTD 25.4

10/22 2,235 steps (The weather was really bad and I was LAZY!)
    10/23 8,418 steps
    10/24 8,272 steps
    10/25 7,380 steps

Congrats on both the loss and reaching 25 pounds lost!
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Sunday’s check in
    Calories: over
    Exercise: no
    Water: ✅
    Steps: 3,194
    Sleep: Yes
    DBF: 0

It’s the beginning of a new week and I am hoping it’s my start to getting back on track. The scales shocked me this morning. This mornings weight put me up 14 pounds from my lowest weight. It is a result of the binge eating and decreased activity. The cortisone really helped my shoulder so I am calling the gym today to join. I am going to start with weights and the exercise bike. I will add the treadmill once my leg starts improving. I am both excited and scared of going to the gym. I am going to start the weights myself as I worked with a personal trainer in the past. If I think my form is off I will think about hiring one again.

Goals this week
    1. No binge eating/late night snacking
    2. Sleep at least 7.5 hours
    3. Stay within maintenance calories

So happy to hear that the cortisone shot helped you. :)
    You'll do great Linda!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday!

Steps:
    10/22: 11,683
    10/23: 12,569
    10/24: 7,707
    20/25: 2,737--lazy day Sunday😉

Linda-thumbs up for the weekend challenge idea👍👍.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    :star:The Green Challenge :star: Percentage of people who lost weight this week. No matter how small the loss the weights are recorded in green. Remember that even if your team doesn’t rank the highest in weight loss for the week you can still be the Green Percentage winner by having the most losses in your team! So keep it up!! B)

xgrc8z84wr85.png
  • mszoueb
    mszoueb Posts: 155 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Hi all,

Here for Monday check in. This past week I followed some recipe book recipes - Pinch of Nom ones (recommend having a look at their cookbooks if you haven't already as they can be good for a lower calorie options and also give inspiration into recipes you may not have tried before - as I've found out this week below).

I tried two recipes, Thai style fish with noodles and Keema pie (not pastry unfortunately :( it's more like a Indian flavoured Shepard's pie, both meals were tasty and true to flavour. I'm going to do creamy chicken and mushrooms with rice and vegetables for a evening meal tomorrow from one of the books.. no cream insight, instead it uses cream cheese (like Philadelphia for example) as part of the creamy sauce which will lessen the calories somewhat I suspect.

I feel like even though my food isn't where I'd totally like it to be, I'm slowly working myself back into the mindset I was a few months ago which is good.

Is anyone else thinking about the holidays yet?

CW: 250.2
This discussion has been closed.