Downsizers - October 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,513 Member
    Options
    Question

What is the most important tool you use in your weight loss journey?
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,904 Member
    Options
    Question

I would say my kitchen food scale ....When I 1st used it I was shocked how off I was with measuring spoons especially peanut butter .... I use that the most in my journey :)
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Daily Check-In:

@lindamtuck2018 my cousin recommended that bullet journaling overall had a very positive effect on her life - more headspace, it takes little time to do and it's great in many ways (calendar, habit tracker, to-do list, jot down notes, etc) so I decided to give it a go!

Foodwise I'm on track for today, I'm trying to figure out what to have for dinner that fits into my cals - also doing a weekly menu, but I keep lacking protein for some reason.

It's super cold outside so I'm not leaving the house, but I suppose if my calories are on track exercise is just a bonus, so I'll pass for today. Maybe I'll do a video to get some steps in!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Question

It’s a toss up between my food scale and mfp itself. Without the app I wouldn’t still be on this journey. My food scale is important as I am terrible at eyeballing serving sizes.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Piqueaboo wrote: »
    Wednesday Daily Check-In:

@lindamtuck2018 my cousin recommended that bullet journaling overall had a very positive effect on her life - more headspace, it takes little time to do and it's great in many ways (calendar, habit tracker, to-do list, jot down notes, etc) so I decided to give it a go!

Foodwise I'm on track for today, I'm trying to figure out what to have for dinner that fits into my cals - also doing a weekly menu, but I keep lacking protein for some reason.

It's super cold outside so I'm not leaving the house, but I suppose if my calories are on track exercise is just a bonus, so I'll pass for today. Maybe I'll do a video to get some steps in!

It sounds very interesting. I swear by doing a weekly menu. It saves me from trying to figure out what to make each evening. It also makes grocery shopping a lot easier.
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Question

I think I agree with Linda and Megan, that my food scale really made me aware of how off I was with my serving sizes, both too small and too large. Also my Renpho Fit Scale to weigh myself on. It's on sale right now on Amazon for $23.

8av3b96rqg24.jpg
    zljaq4g9peea.jpg
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    rlaskey2 wrote: »
    CW (Current Weight):187.2 😢
    SW (Starting Weight): 187.2

Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie No
    Steps 1182 tracked
    Exercise 39 min 10 rounds boxing workout

I finished my 6 week boxing program and tracked all day. I would have been within my calories but my daughter goes to a baking class and brought home pumpkin whoopie pies to try. Sad I gained back the small loss I had last week back. This is what I do but I am refocusing and hoping to be back with a loss next week.

Congrats on completing your boxing! Are you starting something new or is there a part 2 to the program?

I started a schedule of a mix of two programs liift4 and 10 Rounds. Liift4 is mostly strength training with a mix of cardio.

• leeniekat
    leeniekat Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I hope I haven't gotten the boot out of here yet because I honestly can't remember the last time I posted my weight. I've been the worst lately... logging in but not completely logging my food, forgetting to add my weight to my daily tracker, just, in general, doing nothing other than keeping my log in streak alive. Somehow, I've maintained my weight for the most part - at some point last week I was at 204 so I did have a slight gain. That's including going pumpkin picking and eating the apple cider donut holes and roasted corn, so that's a win. I'm waiting on my new charger for my Fitbit to be delivered so my attempt to join the step challenge was a bust. Hopefully, onward and upward from today! :)

Username: missgyst
    Weigh-in day: Wednesday
    Previous weight: 206.6
    Current weight: 204.8
    Loss to date: 27
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps 10/13: 14,015
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    missGYST wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I hope I haven't gotten the boot out of here yet because I honestly can't remember the last time I posted my weight. I've been the worst lately... logging in but not completely logging my food, forgetting to add my weight to my daily tracker, just, in general, doing nothing other than keeping my log in streak alive. Somehow, I've maintained my weight for the most part - at some point last week I was at 204 so I did have a slight gain. That's including going pumpkin picking and eating the apple cider donut holes and roasted corn, so that's a win. I'm waiting on my new charger for my Fitbit to be delivered so my attempt to join the step challenge was a bust. Hopefully, onward and upward from today! :)

Username: missgyst
    Weigh-in day: Wednesday
    Previous weight: 206.6
    Current weight: 204.8
    Loss to date: 27

Congrats on your loss ....I will keep you on the step challenge and you can join whenever you want :)
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily Post October 13
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 128oz
    Steps 8628
    Exercise 60 min walk pushing stroller

• eaturpasta
    eaturpasta Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Question

I do like my Renpho scale, and my digital kitchen scale. I find measuring in grams is much more accurate than ounces. Who knew metric works? Also listening to my gut, sometimes not eating when not hungry is as important as eating healthily when I am.

• eaturpasta
    eaturpasta Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    10/14 check in.

drank water yes
    5645 steps, but 6 miles on my bike!
    Close rings every day...yes

October Goals
    LTG 155.0
    Lose 1lb/week
    Drink 90 ounces of water daily
    7,500 steps/day
    Close rings every day this month

Eaturpasta
    Weigh in Day: Tuesday
    PW:174.4
    CW:171.2
    SW 197.0
    LTD(loss to date) 25.8
  • ScorpioGirl70
    ScorpioGirl70 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Piqueaboo wrote: »
    Tuesday Daily Check-In:

Day #2 of my new resolution!

Yesterday I bought my bullet journal and now am learning how do do this - I walked for over an hour which was great even though it's starting to get cold, and it's been raining in Paris for weeks now!
    I am currenly cooking a huge batch of vegetable chili which should come out at 4-5 meals for the week, meaning I have less room to cheat, fingers crossed ^^
    For now I've had half of my 3l goal and am not worried about reaching it (I'm thirsty these days!) and am still within my calories, so all good =) I just need to convince myself to go for my walk of 30 minutes, maybe after dinner later when there are less people out and about.

I do bullet journaling too as well as creating junk journals and normal journaling. It is very therapeutic.
  • shortyjmorgan1
    shortyjmorgan1 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Between the wind, the arthritis and the frustration of this week I haven't been doing real great on the food and logging. Hopefully I can get over this slump
  • ScorpioGirl70
    Options
    10/13/2020

ScorpioGirl70
    Weigh In Day: Friday

Steps: 10117

Highest steps so far that I have ever accomplished since starting this.
    However, my body hates me today. I am totally exhausted. Blood pressure has been running high today, so I am dizzy and blurred vision and I ate a bunch of junk food.. ugh.

Now to find a happy medium with eating and exercise, because.. I would have loved to have had all those "extra" burned calories today.

Congrats on your accomplishment! Please take care of yourself. Do you normally have hoping blood pressure? [/quote]

"Normally", no. Recently, yes. When dad had his heart surgery and the docs told us it was from high blood pressure, we all went and was checked. All 3 of my sisters have high blood pressure as well. :(

I have been working on changing it with diet, but it doesn't seem to be working.
    Guess I should take the meds the doc wants me to take for it. :(

Not sure I will every catch on to this "quote" thing and get my posts to look right.
  • ScorpioGirl70
    Options
    Question

My food scale and my treadmill are equally important.
  • ScorpioGirl70
    Options
    10/14/2020 Checkin

ScorpioGirl70
    Weigh In Day: Friday

Steps: 2798
  • AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Wednesday
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: walk with the kids
    Day: good day, back on track after indulging too much this weekend
    Water: 10/10
    Steps: 10,029
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    eaturpasta wrote: »
    10/14 check in.

drank water yes
    5645 steps, but 6 miles on my bike!
    Close rings every day...yes

October Goals
    LTG 155.0
    Lose 1lb/week
    Drink 90 ounces of water daily
    7,500 steps/day
    Close rings every day this month

Eaturpasta
    Weigh in Day: Tuesday
    PW:174.4
    CW:171.2
    SW 197.0
    LTD(loss to date) 25.8

I can convert your 6 miles on your bike into steps but I need to know if it was leisurely 10-11.9 mph....moderate 12-13.9 mph or vigorous 14-15.9...and how many minutes :)
This discussion has been closed.