Downsizers - October 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,512 Member
    Options
    Kitty2Katz wrote: »
    MFP has given me a high calorie allmont nearly 2,000 calories a day. I can't not eat that amount and lose weight. I've been trying to do this amount, but it's to high and I'm not losing, mostly staying put.

Today, I'm going to start with a calorie amount of 1,500 and see how I do at this amount. Eat this amount or under, and continue to eat healthy as I can, and drink as much water as I able.

Starting today, I'm going to include some exercise and walking back into my daily routine. Because of my knees I'll as much as I can safely do without causing my knees to hurt

Sounds like your weight loss data is showing you that the 2000 calories is close to maintenance for you. Maybe try walking in 5 minute chunks through out the day and see how it is on your knee. This is what I have been trying with my leg issue.

GOALS: Monday, Oct. 12

🏃🏻‍♀️Workout: YES
    💦 Water: YES
    🍽 Food: YES
    😴Sleep: YES

STEPS
    Mon 10/12: 13,000 (spinning) + 3,163 = 16,163

I'm back on track as of yesterday. Hoping to finally get the scale moving down this month.

Have a great Tuesday everybody!
    :)

Love all those yesses next to your goals. My daughter wants to buy a peloton (sp?) bike. That is what you have right?

Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Daily Post October 12
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 128oz
    Steps 12178
    Exercise 60min walk

Had my niece yesterday. It always keeps me on the go to have 3 kids here instead of 2. We also got all the outside Halloween decorations up so I'm sure I got a lot of steps doing that. The weather has been beautiful lately and my walks are that much more enjoyable because of it.

Great steps! Are they having Halloween where you live? They haven’t announced yet here in Ontario but I suspect with our rising case counts it won’t happen.

rlaskey2 wrote: »
    Tracked Mostly
    Under Calorie No
    Steps approx 9k Fitbit is having trouble syncing today
    Exercise 39 min 10 rounds lower body strength workout

I tracked up until dinner time when I got lazy and didn’t cook and made a crappy frozen pizza. I snacked too much in the afternoon. I hate the beginning of the week because it is hard for me to get out and walk when the kids are home.

I find pre logging helps me with tracking. Then I just have to make quick changes before I close my diary for the day.

Piqueaboo wrote: »
    Tuesday Daily Check-In:

Day #2 of my new resolution!

Yesterday I bought my bullet journal and now am learning how do do this - I walked for over an hour which was great even though it's starting to get cold, and it's been raining in Paris for weeks now!
    I am currenly cooking a huge batch of vegetable chili which should come out at 4-5 meals for the week, meaning I have less room to cheat, fingers crossed ^^
    For now I've had half of my 3l goal and am not worried about reaching it (I'm thirsty these days!) and am still within my calories, so all good =) I just need to convince myself to go for my walk of 30 minutes, maybe after dinner later when there are less people out and about.

Veggie chili sound delicious! A bullet journal sounds interesting. I need to research it more. How did you get the idea to start this?
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Monday’s check in
    Calories: over
    Exercise: 19 minute walk
    Water: ✅
    Steps: 5,101
    Sleep: good
    DBF: 5

Thanksgiving dinner was wonderful. I did eat too much and I had a drink which is unusual for me. Logging the best I could I feast over about 500 calories. I did add some fake calories to cover any inaccuracies in my estimates.

Have a great day!

Goals this week
    1. No binge eating/late night snacking
    2. Bed by 10 pm
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    TracyKlaft1
    Weigh in day Tuesdays
    PW 166.75
    CW 167.5
    LTD .5

Had a stressful week and I eat when stressed. I'm really going to try harder this week.😥

I am a stress eater also. The last 5 days I have been trying hard to find things to distract me when I want to stress eat. Do you have any distractions you can use?
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Love all those yesses next to your goals. My daughter wants to buy a peloton (sp?) bike. That is what you have right?

No, I don't use the Peloton bike. I already had a spin bike, and since Covid started I've been using the Peloton Digital app (it's only $12.99 a month and on my big screen TV). I don't get the use of the leaderboard, or all of the diagnostics of the ride (although my bike does show some on an app I use with it), but I can ride all the same rides for a fraction of the cost and I use the app along with my treadmill for the running and bootcamp classes too. It's a great value to use the app, if you don't want to commit to the Peloton bike (since you can cancel the app at any time).

Tell you daughter to look at the Peloton Facebook pages--there are some for both the Peloton bike owners and some for the digital riders. The Peloton Digital FB pages talk about what other kinds of bikes they use successfully. The Peloton FB pages talk about the new Peloton bike B and other --it might be helpful to her in making a decision. :)
  • eaturpasta
    eaturpasta Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Today's check in.

drank water yes
    7649 steps.
    Close rings every day...yes

October Goals
    LTG 155.0
    Lose 1lb/week
    Drink 90 ounces of water daily
    7,500 steps/day
    Close rings every day this month

Eaturpasta
    Weigh in Day: Tuesday
    PW:174.4
    CW:171.2
    SW 197.0
    LTD(loss to date) 25.8

Smartie Pants... 10/10 steps...7424
  • darleenturner
    darleenturner Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    10/10 22391 steps
    10/11 8553 steps
    10/12 4421 steps
    20/13 5629 steps

Travelled home on Sunday from a weekend away so didnt get steps in that wanted. Yesterday and today been at work and not felt well so bed really early last night and late home today really poor steps. Wanted to to 10000 a day.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,887 Member
    Options
    eaturpasta wrote: »
    Today's check in.

drank water yes
    7649 steps.

October Goals
    LTG 155.0
    Lose 1lb/week
    7,500 steps/day

Eaturpasta
    SW 197.0
    LTD(loss to date) 25.8

Thanks for posting your steps Lisa :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    10/10 22391 steps
    10/11 8553 steps
    10/12 4421 steps
    20/13 5629 steps

Travelled home on Sunday from a weekend away so didnt get steps in that wanted. Yesterday and today been at work and not felt well so bed really early last night and late home today really poor steps. Wanted to to 10000 a day.

Thank you so much for giving me your steps :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    WEEK 1 OCTOBER TOP STEPPERS ARE:

1st @iHUSTLE4MUSCLE -141,193 steps
    2nd @Megan_smartiepants1970 - 130,350 steps
    3rd @Case0099 -100,107

As a group we walked 293,589 Steps

Congrats Ladies :)

Great steps as a group ....well done Everyone :)
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Daily Post October 12
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 128oz
    Steps 12178
    Exercise 60min walk

Had my niece yesterday. It always keeps me on the go to have 3 kids here instead of 2. We also got all the outside Halloween decorations up so I'm sure I got a lot of steps doing that. The weather has been beautiful lately and my walks are that much more enjoyable because of it.

Great steps! Are they having Halloween where you live? They haven’t announced yet here in Ontario but I suspect with our rising case counts it won’t happen.

There are campsites around here that put on big halloween events every year. Decorating competition, games trick or treating, the works. Basically this year they just announced they weren't going to set up games or sponsor anything but that they wouldn't stop it from happening if people handed out candy anyway, which lots did. Almost everyone had gloves and mask on. I don't know about actual halloween. There are lots of houses decorated in my neighborhood. No announcements yet.
  • lcfa5317
    lcfa5317 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Steps = 6,484
    Calories = under
    I biked 8 miles & had a flat tire . Luckily my husband answered his phone & came to get me. New goal for next summer - learn how to change a flat tire. I guess I’ll be walking tomorrow instead of biking. Does walking hurt anyone’s hips? I’ve been having hip problems due to walking so much.
  • ScorpioGirl70
    ScorpioGirl70 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    10/13/2020
    ScorpioGirl70
    Weigh In Day: Friday

Steps: 10117

Highest steps so far that I have ever accomplished since starting this.
    However, my body hates me today. I am totally exhausted. Blood pressure has been running high today, so I am dizzy and blurred vision and I ate a bunch of junk food.. ugh.

Now to find a happy medium with eating and exercise, because.. I would have loved to have had all those "extra" burned calories today.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options

No, I don't use the Peloton bike. I already had a spin bike, and since Covid started I've been using the Peloton Digital app (it's only $12.99 a month and on my big screen TV). I don't get the use of the leaderboard, or all of the diagnostics of the ride (although my bike does show some on an app I use with it), but I can ride all the same rides for a fraction of the cost and I use the app along with my treadmill for the running and bootcamp classes too. It's a great value to use the app, if you don't want to commit to the Peloton bike (since you can cancel the app at any time).

Tell you daughter to look at the Peloton Facebook pages--there are some for both the Peloton bike owners and some for the digital riders. The Peloton Digital FB pages talk about what other kinds of bikes they use successfully. The Peloton FB pages talk about the new Peloton bike B and other --it might be helpful to her in making a decision. :)

Thanks for the information. I will pass this on to Amy.

eaturpasta wrote: »
    Today's check in.

drank water yes
    7649 steps.

October Goals
    LTG 155.0
    Lose 1lb/week
    7,500 steps/day

Eaturpasta
    SW 197.0
    LTD(loss to date) 25.8

25 pounds lost is am amazing accomplishment! Keep crushing your goals and you will have continued success.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    10/10 22391 steps
    10/11 8553 steps
    10/12 4421 steps
    20/13 5629 steps

I hope you feel better! Get lots of rest.

lcfa5317 wrote: »
    Steps = 6,484
    Calories = under
    I biked 8 miles & had a flat tire . Luckily my husband answered his phone & came to get me. New goal for next summer - learn how to change a flat tire. I guess I’ll be walking tomorrow instead of biking. Does walking hurt anyone’s hips? I’ve been having hip problems due to walking so much.

Awesome bike ride! I used to have lots of pain in my hips especially when walking. I had bursitis. I used to get cortisone shots in my hips for this. If the pain continues I would have it checked out.
    10/13/2020
    ScorpioGirl70
    Weigh In Day: Friday

Steps: 10117

Highest steps so far that I have ever accomplished since starting this.
    However, my body hates me today. I am totally exhausted. Blood pressure has been running high today, so I am dizzy and blurred vision and I ate a bunch of junk food.. ugh.

Now to find a happy medium with eating and exercise, because.. I would have loved to have had all those "extra" burned calories today.

Congrats on your accomplishment! Please take care of yourself. Do you normally have hoping blood pressure?
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    CW (Current Weight):187.2 😢
    SW (Starting Weight): 187.2

Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie No
    Steps 1182 tracked
    Exercise 39 min 10 rounds boxing workout

I finished my 6 week boxing program and tracked all day. I would have been within my calories but my daughter goes to a baking class and brought home pumpkin whoopie pies to try. Sad I gained back the small loss I had last week back. This is what I do but I am refocusing and hoping to be back with a loss next week.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Tuesday’s check in
    Calories: over by 8 calories
    Exercise: none
    Water: ✅
    Steps: 5,643
    Sleep: not good
    DBF: 6

My weight is up from Monday. I am .8 pounds heavier than I was on Friday. It may be from Thanksgiving dinner or just those crazy scale fluctuations. We will see what Friday brings. I bought a smart scale yesterday from Amazon. It’s prime days so there’s great deals. I have wanted one for awhile. I would like the Fitbit scale but it is pricey.

Sleep is hit or miss lately. I was in bed before 10 pm but I was up for about 70 minutes close to 1 am. I think sleep is a big factor in weight loss. I have done two 5 minute walks so far today. I am expecting a package but I think I will take a chance and go for a quick walk.

Have a great hump day!

Goals this week
    1. No binge eating/late night snacking
    2. Bed by 10 pm
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    rlaskey2 wrote: »
    CW (Current Weight):187.2 😢
    SW (Starting Weight): 187.2

Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie No
    Steps 1182 tracked
    Exercise 39 min 10 rounds boxing workout

I finished my 6 week boxing program and tracked all day. I would have been within my calories but my daughter goes to a baking class and brought home pumpkin whoopie pies to try. Sad I gained back the small loss I had last week back. This is what I do but I am refocusing and hoping to be back with a loss next week.

Congrats on completing your boxing! Are you starting something new or is there a part 2 to the program?
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    GOALS: Tuesday, Oct. 13

STEPS
    Tues 10/13: 9,400 (spinning) + 6000 (spinning) + 12,004 = 27,404

I'm making crockpot beef chili for the first time. Finally broke out the crockpot since it was so cold and rainy here yesterday. Fall is definitely arrived.

bfankiu6l21k.jpg
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Had a bad day yesterday. My scale was up again and this time a total of 2.3 over my low and it got to my. I am doing everything right but not seeing results. So, I let it get the best of me and I had a pity day with no exercise (I HATE ANY EXERCISE) and even dipped into the Halloween candy (only 4 fun sized bars). I managed to stay under calories but blew the other goals including my ring streak and I don’t care.

I decided today that I am going to try not weighing in until weigh-day on Friday and see how that goes.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    GOALS: Tuesday, Oct. 13

STEPS
    Tues 10/13: 9,400 (spinning) + 6000 (spinning) + 12,004 = 27,404

I'm making crockpot beef chili for the first time. Finally broke out the crockpot since it was so cold and rainy here yesterday. Fall is definitely arrived.

bfankiu6l21k.jpg

Amazing exercise! I love my crockpot. Today I am making lemon butter chicken. Looking at it I think I will use less chicken broth and butter next time. It called for a stick of butter which I have no clue how much that is so I just weighed some and added it. I use a liner with my crockpot to make clean up easier. Hope it taste good as it is my new recipe for the week. I think I am going to have rice with it but I haven’t decided which veggies yet.

This discussion has been closed.