• draby2011
    draby2011 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    lcfa5317 wrote: »
    PW 196
    CW 196
    Feeling down about weight ...
    10/10 steps - 9,803

Don't feel bad about your weight...it is just a variable and can be adjusted. Your situation is only temporary. A friend recently told me something along these lines (and definitely WAY more eloquently) and it helped get me out of my funk. "Diet and Exercise is only 25% of the challenge. The other 75% is controlling your mind and remembering that you are the boss and you got this!" The fact that you are trying speaks volumes! Just don't ever give up! :)
  • draby2011
    draby2011 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Steps for October 11: 10,963

Today was kinda crazy at work but I got a LOT of water in...(well, a lot for me since I hardly ever drink water) And I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ridiculously close to my first goal of 50 pounds lost! Literally 6 ounces away! Hoping tomorrow I wake up and it is gone but also fully expecting to lose like 0.4 just to the be in spite of myself haha.
    I did NOT have much of an appetite at lunchtime so I really forced down a protein shake, a high protein granola bar, baby carrots with ranch, and some mixed nuts throughout the rest of the day. Crazy how I used to binge eat ALL the time and now I have to make myself eat. Craziness! Anywho I can make myself eat whereas I definitely had a hard time stopping eating in the past so I will gladly take it this way.
    Tomorrow morning I am meeting a friend first thing at the gym to get a good workout in before I go into work at the surgery center. I also need to find some more stuff to eat. I think I am going to make some breakfast pizzas tomorrow and maybe TRY the ground beef patties I have in my freezer. (I have been so hesitant to eat beef since my surgery back in July and I am nervous that I am going to balloon up) If that doesn't work, it will be back to the drawing board as chicken is getting very old and I am still bleh about eggs after 2+ years of keto lol.

Anywho, I will check in with everyone tomorrow!
  • Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    draby2011 wrote: »

Today was kinda crazy at work but I got a LOT of water in...(well, a lot for me since I hardly ever drink water) And I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ridiculously close to my first goal of 50 pounds lost! Literally 6 ounces away! Hoping tomorrow I wake up and it is gone but also fully expecting to lose like 0.4 just to the be in spite of myself haha.
    I did NOT have much of an appetite at lunchtime so I really forced down a protein shake, a high protein granola bar, baby carrots with ranch, and some mixed nuts throughout the rest of the day. Crazy how I used to binge eat ALL the time and now I have to make myself eat. Craziness! Anywho I can make myself eat whereas I definitely had a hard time stopping eating in the past so I will gladly take it this way.
    Tomorrow morning I am meeting a friend first thing at the gym to get a good workout in before I go into work at the surgery center. I also need to find some more stuff to eat. I think I am going to make some breakfast pizzas tomorrow and maybe TRY the ground beef patties I have in my freezer. (I have been so hesitant to eat beef since my surgery back in July and I am nervous that I am going to balloon up) If that doesn't work, it will be back to the drawing board as chicken is getting very old and I am still bleh about eggs after 2+ years of keto lol.

I'm always having issues to eat and one of the things that works a lot is to bring hummus or tapenade with crudites. I cut some cucumber, some carrot and some celery in long sticks and I put the hummus or tapenade with it. Is really easy to bring. Gives the feeling of eating chips because the veggies are crunchy and you put some fuel on
  • Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Good morning. Today I'm happy. Yesterday we made overnight oats for today and I booked an hour of gym for me and my girlfriend. At 7:30 we were both sporting with almost no-one there. I usually go alone to the gym but the days that I go with her it makes me happy.
    After sporting we came home and we had the overnight oats together for breakfast.
    We eat toguether once in a blue moon, so is quite special for me too
    Now she went to work and I will be cleaning and cooking but more positive.
    Steps from today started quite good.
    Steps from 10 were 18.482 steps and from 11 were 13.031 steps. Not so bad.
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try something new and start a daily check-in like some other of you lovely people here!

Monday:

My goals for the week are to move more and eat better - I am making a food plan that will allow me to eat out up to twice this week and I also want to avoid red meat in my home, so it's mainly vegetarian/pescatarian with some chicken in a couple of meals. I want to go back to my 3l of water per day, it feels good!

Exercise is still off the menu (I have no energy, my mental health has been really bad for the past few months so I'm doing the best I can) and I figure a 30-minute walk each day is something I can handle with an audiobook, so that's what I'll start doing! I have this lovely running route that I'll just walk instead, around the Père-Lachaise cemetery for around 4K I think?

Another thing I want to add is a bullet journal - my doctor says I need to start taking better care of myself and I don't know how to do this, so with a bullet journal I can track certain habits and add certain things I should be doing, does anyone here bullet journal and have any tips?

So, all in all, here's what I want to achieve:
    • Daily check-in
    • 3l of water per day
    • planned meals at home
    • Walk 30m per day
    • purchase a bullet journal & learn how to use it

Wish me luck and happy Monday to you all!
  • jenmurphy3
    jenmurphy3 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Weight: 232.0

Goals this week: eat more vegetables.
    Exercise: on point, done every morning and afternoon for 30-45 minutes each time
    Water: about 40 ounces. Will try to get 80 ounces each day

I have to try to limit my carbs...when I look at the pie chart, I’m a heavy carb eater. With the goal of eating more vegetables, hopefully that will assist with the balance.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,513 Member
    Options
    Kitty2Katz wrote: »
    I had gained (4.6 lbs) 😥 because I over ate the other day when I was upset about a new medical diagnosis, 😷 🤕 This morning I have lost (3.4 lbs) of the gained weight. 😸 Still have (1.4 lbs) of gained weight to lose.

It only took one meal for me to gain (4.6 lbs) (was on Oct 8th). Today is the start of the 3rd day trying to lose just the gained weight. I know over eating is not worth it, since it's so much harder to lose the weight gained. But still do it when I allow my emotions to take over. I need to learn to 🤐 control my response to my emotions 😩 and not over eat.

I'm a work in progress, and know it's one day at a time. It's not a diet I'm on, but this is a new life style I'm building for now and for my future. 😺💕

Emotional eating is very hard. I know you can do this! Stay focused on dealing with this day by day. Set your goals and concentrate on meeting them daily.

rlaskey2 wrote: »
    Tracked No
    Under Calorie No
    Steps 17,422
    Exercise Rest day

I decided to not track today to enjoy time with my friends visiting. While I didn’t exercise I still stayed active with the kids. With eating I tried to be mindful yet still enjoy a couple beers and a cookie. I think I did ok overall since my meals were not unhealthy and I didn’t snack in between which I think is where the majority of my calories come from a lot. I choose a salad with scallops for dinner while everything one else ate fried seafood. Have a great Sunday everyone!!!

Sometimes taking one day off is the boost we need to keep going. Your steps are amazing even though it was a rest day. I love scallops and I am sure they must have been delicious.

GOALS: Saturday, Oct. 10

🏃🏻‍♀️Workout: NO (rest day)
    💦 Water: YES
    🍽 Food: NO
    😴Sleep: YES

STEPS
    Sat 10/10: 2,398
    STEPS FOR WEEK #1: 10/4-10/10 = 128,944

Went out for the day driving around in the great weather in my friend's convertible and then had pizza and cookies. Wasn't a good diet or exercise day, but sure felt great to just relax and have fun on a warm, sunny Fall day. :) Sometimes you need to take care of your mental health above all else, especially in these times.

Have a great Sunday team :)

Mental health days are important. I am glad you had a nice day.

azkunk wrote: »
    Check-in for 10/10

Steps: 7285
    Calories: 1342 (62 remaining)
    Water: 75
    C25K: 0 of 3
    Closed Ring Streak: 34 days

Yesterday was a busy day. We had a mud room locker built this week and the guy did a terrible job. I spent the last 2 days sanding and painting a reconstructed base that my husband built. Needless to say, I am sore. I’m not sure if C25K will happen this week as o need to go back into work instead of working from home. That changes everything schedule wise for me. But I I will figure it out.

On the plus side, scale is down again today and I am 1.4 away for 20 lbs.

Don’t push yourself and play things by ear. It is so great that things are moving down again.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Weekends are always crazy. No steps and over ate

They are so hard! During the week I find it so much easier to keep a routine.

draby2011 wrote: »

This is so exciting, 50 pounds. I can’t wait to celebrate with you. Breakfast pizza sounds so delicious. I ate so many eggs when I first started. I had them for breakfast and lunch. We eat a lot of chicken. This week we are going to get feathers between turkey, turkey leftovers and chicken twice.

Z10Rtza wrote: »
    Good morning. Today I'm happy. Yesterday we made overnight oats for today and I booked an hour of gym for me and my girlfriend. At 7:30 we were both sporting with almost no-one there. I usually go alone to the gym but the days that I go with her it makes me happy.
    After sporting we came home and we had the overnight oats together for breakfast.
    We eat toguether once in a blue moon, so is quite special for me too
    Now she went to work and I will be cleaning and cooking but more positive.
    Steps from today started quite good.
    Steps from 10 were 18.482 steps and from 11 were 13.031 steps. Not so bad.

Sounds like a lovely day so far! Awesome steps!

jenmurphy3 wrote: »
    Weight: 232.0

Goals this week: eat more vegetables.
    Exercise: on point, done every morning and afternoon for 30-45 minutes each time
    Water: about 40 ounces. Will try to get 80 ounces each day

I have to try to limit my carbs...when I look at the pie chart, I’m a heavy carb eater. With the goal of eating more vegetables, hopefully that will assist with the balance.

Great goals for the week! Any ideas on how you are going to incorporate more veggies?

Piqueaboo wrote: »
    I'm going to try something new and start a daily check-in like some other of you lovely people here!

Monday:

My goals for the week are to move more and eat better - I am making a food plan that will allow me to eat out up to twice this week and I also want to avoid red meat in my home, so it's mainly vegetarian/pescatarian with some chicken in a couple of meals. I want to go back to my 3l of water per day, it feels good!

Exercise is still off the menu (I have no energy, my mental health has been really bad for the past few months so I'm doing the best I can) and I figure a 30-minute walk each day is something I can handle with an audiobook, so that's what I'll start doing! I have this lovely running route that I'll just walk instead, around the Père-Lachaise cemetery for around 4K I think?

Another thing I want to add is a bullet journal - my doctor says I need to start taking better care of myself and I don't know how to do this, so with a bullet journal I can track certain habits and add certain things I should be doing, does anyone here bullet journal and have any tips?

So, all in all, here's what I want to achieve:
    • Daily check-in
    • 3l of water per day
    • planned meals at home
    • Walk 30m per day
    • purchase a bullet journal & learn how to use it

Wish me luck and happy Monday to you all!

I find checking in everyday helps me. Walking is exercising and it is amazing for mental health. You have a well formulated plan for the week.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Sunday’s check in
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 28 minutes total
    Water: ✅
    Steps: 7,071
    DBF: 4

Today we are having our thanksgiving dinner. I am looking forward to my dinner and I will enjoy my pumpkin cheesecake. I am going to log everything as best I can. My leg kept me awake a lot last night and I haven’t been able to walk yet today. I am going to try for a short walk with the kids later.

I know it’s not thanksgiving for most of you today but take a minute to reflect on what you are thankful for. Have a super Monday everyone!

Goals this week
    1. No binge eating/late night snacking
    2. Bed by 10 pm
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    t52by3to9uaa.png

There are many components to our weight loss journey. Taking care of our mental health is one of them. Quite a few people mentioned this in their check ins. Some self care ideas are:
    • Eating regularly and nutritiously
    • Having a good sleep routine
    • Positive self talk/reassurance
    • Exercise
    • Making time for yourself a priority
    • Reward theory - something to look forward too
    • Meditation
    • Relaxing techniques ie. breathing

What are you going to do for self care today? Post and tell us your self care ideas
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Tracked No
    Under Calorie ??
    Steps 8,986
    Exercise short walk

Yesterday I took a second non tracking day, I was lazy after my friends went home. I did a short walk but took some time to rest since knee is still sore from all my exercise last week. Today I will get back to tracking before I totally fall off. Scale was down a good bit this am but we will see if that is still the case by Wednesday. Fingers crossed!!!
  • Kitty2Katz
    Kitty2Katz Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Just checking in! It's Monday the beginning of a whole new week and a chance to renew your commitment to yourself and what your hoping to accomplish on your journey. No matter what we are going through in are weight-loss journey. There's nothing we can't accomplish, If set our minds to it.

Wishing everyone the very best on your journey. We can do it!! You got this!! 😺💞
  • lcfa5317
    lcfa5317 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    10/09 steps = 7,888
    10/11 steps = 13,544
    Went for a long walk with my husband and my daughter who was visiting us. It was wonderful to have her home for the weekend. We all went for a great bike ride on Saturday. It was a glorious fall weekend. The colors were awesome and the weather was nice. Gotta think of all the positive things these days!
  • Case0099
    Case0099 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    PW 225.8
    CW 222.8 Yippee!!!

10/11 steps 7,085
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,908 Member
    Options
    Would the following people please give me your steps :smile:

@AmyG1982 I need your steps for 10/10
    @Piqueaboo I need your steps for 10/10
    @Tazaria87 I need your steps for 10/10
    @Shortymorgan I need your steps for 10/10
    @Case0099 I need steps for 10/10
    @darleenturner I need steps for 10/10
    @TracyKlaft1 I need steps for 10/7-10/10
    @eaturpasta I need your stepts for 10/10

Please give me your steps as soon as you can so I can tally up the steps and post the winners ....Thank you for your cooperation :)
  • mszoueb
    mszoueb Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Here for Monday check in. It's been a rollercoaster of a week with job interviews, job offers and injury! I fell down the stairs on Wednesday, thankfully nothing broken and walking pretty much back to normal but foot/ankle still not 100% so not sure where I stand on exercise unfortunately. Had a few not so good days of eating last week so I shouldn't be overly surprised this week on gaining.. just need to get back down.

CW: 250.8
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,908 Member
    Options
    Case0099 wrote: »
    PW 225.8
    CW 222.8 Yippee!!!

10/11 steps 7,085

Great loss ....Congrats :)
This discussion has been closed.