Downsizers - October 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,585 Member
    Options
    I see some talking about the frustration, I am with you all there.
    I looked at a 21 day plan over the weekend and it suggested my calories needed to be higher to loose.

I know somewhere along the line I played with my calories here on MFP so not sure where they really should be. When I first started it MFP stated 1500, now MFP states 1200.

The point of the post is to make sure you are getting your calories. I used to eat only one sandwich a day and a few small snacks and my husband couldn't figure out why I couldn't loose.

I then started doing a version of Atkins... where I ate 5 times a day and all the veggies and meat I wanted and lost 50 pounds in 3 months. I didn't calorie count with that one though. So, check around at other sites at the suggested calorie intake for you. Read about fasting, I don't think fasting would work for me.

I am not giving up calorie counting because it really makes sense to me to count.
    Make sure you are counting every single calorie. If you ate that one cookie.. add those calories. If you had a drink of that chocolate milk, add those calories.. those small things add up fast!

Also, take your measurements, especially if you are working out.
    If you are toning that muscle under that fat, you should see it in the tape measure, not necessarily on the scale. (Which reminds me, I need to do that.)

Keep on keeping Team!
    We can do this!!

Just curious to know if the 21 day plan is a special diet?

lcfa5317 wrote: »
    Steps 10/19 - 9,151
    Went for a long bike ride.
    Did Zumba.
    Good day overall.

Lots of exercise! Well done!

GOALS: Monday, Oct. 19

🏃🏻‍♀️Workout: YES
    💦 Water: YES
    🍽 Food: YES
    😴Sleep: YES

STEPS
    MON. 10/19: 7,000 (spinning) + 19,249 = 26,249

You did well meeting all those goals!

Hi all
    Hope you are all well and crushing your goals.

Week recap_ I eat too much but I binged just 1x this week which has been progress for me.

My goal this week is to try and eat a bit less but I am still focusing on not binging as my primary goal.

PW: 244.6
    Cw: 238.6

Have a blessed weekend all.xx

Awesome loss! That is great news on the binge eating. No binge eating is my main focus these days too! Did you use any special tricks to overcome the desire to binge?
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Monday’s check in
    Calories: over
    Exercise: chair workout
    Water: ✅
    Steps: 3,161
    Sleep: no
    DBF: 0

Yet again another reset for me. My average calories for the week are staying at maintenance but I have to get this binge eating under control. I tried a chair workout yesterday but I had to stop before it finished due to shoulder pain. There was a lot of arm exercises. I am seeing my rheumatologist on Friday and she will give me a cortisone shot. If it works I think I will join the gym and start doing weights if I get the ok from my physiotherapist.

Happy Tuesday!

Goals this week
    1. No binge eating/late night snacking
    2. Sleep at least 8 hours
    3. Chair workout 5 times a week
    4. Stay within maintenance calories
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Tracked Yes
    Under calories very close
    Steps 17,816
    Exercise 39 min shoulder strength workout and trail walk

Yesterday was a good day, I tracked mostly planned meals and went grocery shopping by myself. So much easier than gz57v4skn46u.jpeg
    taking the kids. The trail walk was someplace we have never been and so pretty. I got some
    Extra steps doing the cleaning after that I had been procrastinating on. 6.5 months not working and still feel like I am getting used to my new life. Still praying I get the call to go back to work at some point.
  • rlaskey2
    Options
    Monday’s check in

Yet again another reset for me. My average calories for the week are staying at maintenance but I have to get this binge eating under control. I tried a chair workout yesterday but I had to stop before it finished due to shoulder pain. There was a lot of arm exercises. I am seeing my rheumatologist on Friday and she will give me a cortisone shot. If it works I think I will join the gym and start doing weights if I get the ok from my physiotherapist.

Happy Tuesday!

Goals this week

Sounds like you have a good plan in place. I know how hard and frustrating it can be to have set backs.
  • rlaskey2
    Options
    Monday’s check in

Happy Tuesday!

Goals this week

Sounds like you have a good plan in place. I know how hard and frustrating it can be to have set backs.
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily Post October 19
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 128oz
    Steps 9215
    Exercise 60min walk

My husband took the day off yesterday and we did a walk together during the day which was a nice change.
  • eaturpasta
    eaturpasta Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    10/19 check in.

drank water yes
    7495 steps and 5.6 Miles on bike in 24.33 min
    closed rings...yes

October Goals
    LTG 155.0
    Lose 1lb/week
    Drink 90 ounces of water daily
    7,500 steps/day
    Close rings every day this month

Eaturpasta
    Weigh in Day: Tuesday
    PW:171.2
    CW:170.6 half a pound loss...grrr..
    SW 197.0
    LTD(loss to date) 26.4
  • 28Haveitall2020
    28Haveitall2020 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I see some talking about the frustration, I am with you all there.
    I looked at a 21 day plan over the weekend and it suggested my calories needed to be higher to loose.

I know somewhere along the line I played with my calories here on MFP so not sure where they really should be. When I first started it MFP stated 1500, now MFP states 1200.

The point of the post is to make sure you are getting your calories. I used to eat only one sandwich a day and a few small snacks and my husband couldn't figure out why I couldn't loose.

I then started doing a version of Atkins... where I ate 5 times a day and all the veggies and meat I wanted and lost 50 pounds in 3 months. I didn't calorie count with that one though. So, check around at other sites at the suggested calorie intake for you. Read about fasting, I don't think fasting would work for me.

I am not giving up calorie counting because it really makes sense to me to count.
    Make sure you are counting every single calorie. If you ate that one cookie.. add those calories. If you had a drink of that chocolate milk, add those calories.. those small things add up fast!

Also, take your measurements, especially if you are working out.
    If you are toning that muscle under that fat, you should see it in the tape measure, not necessarily on the scale. (Which reminds me, I need to do that.)

Keep on keeping Team!
    We can do this!!

Just curious to know if the 21 day plan is a special diet?

lcfa5317 wrote: »
    Steps 10/19 - 9,151
    Went for a long bike ride.
    Did Zumba.
    Good day overall.

Lots of exercise! Well done!

GOALS: Monday, Oct. 19

🏃🏻‍♀️Workout: YES
    💦 Water: YES
    🍽 Food: YES
    😴Sleep: YES

STEPS
    MON. 10/19: 7,000 (spinning) + 19,249 = 26,249

You did well meeting all those goals!

Hi all
    Hope you are all well and crushing your goals.

Week recap_ I eat too much but I binged just 1x this week which has been progress for me.

My goal this week is to try and eat a bit less but I am still focusing on not binging as my primary goal.

PW: 244.6
    Cw: 238.6

Have a blessed weekend all.xx

Awesome loss! That is great news on the binge eating. No binge eating is my main focus these days too! Did you use any special tricks to overcome the desire to binge?

Hi Linda,
    I did.

After lunch I have a fruit and a cup of fruit tea. Or a pudding or yogurt (something sweet to curb the urges but none of my trigger foods).

I have 2 dinners. That is what has helped me.
    The 1st same as dinner I have a fruit ( fresh or dry) and a cup of tea after.
    The 2nd dinner I have it when I usually tend to want to binge.

That has helped me soo far this week.
  • 28Haveitall2020
    28Haveitall2020 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    *same as lunch
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Finished work early so I took my dog for a walk. Walked into a swarm of bees :s and only one sting on my back, luckily. They were all over my shoulders, arms & head. My neighbors must of got a pretty good laugh if they saw me dancing around swatting and running out there. My dog even thought I was crazy. :#

tuvdjciais9l.jpeg
  • ScorpioGirl70
    ScorpioGirl70 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    The 21 day diet using a different form of measuring food..prelabelled containers.
    I weighy food buty daughter is struggling so I research and try to encourage her and switch up my stuff sometimes to do it with her.
  • ScorpioGirl70
    ScorpioGirl70 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    10/20/2020 Checkin

ScorpioGirl70
    Weigh In Day: Friday

Steps: 1870
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    I am coming out of my funk. I am looking into getting a health coach (fitness and nutrition). I feel clueless on macros and calories and I think the guidance will really help me. I'm actually a little excited about it.
  • rlaskey2
    Options
    CW:185.8
    SW: 187.2
    LTD: 1.4

Tracked Yes
    Under calories No
    Steps 6,936
    Exercise lower body strength workout

I am very happy for this loss. I hope I can hold onto it for a change. Yesterday was a gray yucky day here so no extra steps and it made me feel so lazy. I shouldn’t complain since we need the rain but I hate it. The back half of the week is alway better for me since the kids get to go to school for now. It is amazing having a little time for myself.

Goals for the week
    1. Track
    2. Try to pass on sweats more
    3. Maintain loss through the weekend

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
  • TracyKlaft1
    TracyKlaft1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    TracyKlaft1
    Weigh in day Tuesday
    PW 167.5
    CW 166.5
    LTD 1.5

Goals today
    7000 steps
    Track all meals
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @rlaskey2
    What a beautiful place to walk. It is a big adjustment when you stop working and even more so when it is as result of a pandemic. I had to retire as a result of a disability. It took me a good year to get used to being home. I still miss it even after 12 years.

Congrats on the loss this week. I think the key to getting through the weekends is to try and eat like it is a week day. I know it’s easier said than done as this is a big struggle for me too.

@Tazaria87
    You are so consistent. Please tell us some of your tricks to stay on track?

@eaturpasta
    Great loss this week! Think of it this way, if you lost .6 pounds a week that would be 31 pounds in a year. At that rate you would be at your goal weight in just over 6 months. How exciting would that be?

@28Haveitall2020
    This is a brilliant idea. I am going to adjust my meals and try this for a week.

@ScorpioGirl70
    I need to research this. It sounds like a good way to switch things up for awhile.

@azkunk
    Glad you are starting you come around. A health coach sounds like a good plan. I have never thought about a health coach before. I do see a dietitian every 3 months.

@iHUSTLE4MUSCLE
    I would have lost it. I am terrified of wasps and bees. I have to admit I did chuckle at the picture.

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Tuesday’s check in
    Exercise: 40 minute walk
    Steps: 7,276
    Sleep: yes

I walked my granddaughter to school yesterday and I am paying for it today. I am just keeping the faith that this will get better. I made slow cooker chili from the recipe @iHUSTLE4MUSCLE posted last week. It was delicious. So my new recipe this week was a success. Now the search begins for next weeks new recipe. Once again I am open to suggestions.

Happy Hump Day!

Goals this week
    3. Stay within maintenance calories
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited October 2020
    Options

Anyone have any NonScale Victories (NSV’s) they would like to share
This discussion has been closed.