Downsizers - October 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• Krista_Knits52
    Krista_Knits52 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 yes my kids keep me very busy! Lol the weekends are pretty chaotic right now when they’re all home. I’m hoping that dies down a bit before once the newborn gets on some sort of schedule!

I planned on trying to start training again in January. I had a c section in September so I’m letting my body fully heal internally before I start ramping my work outs up 😊
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,528 Member
    Options
    eaturpasta wrote: »

October Goals
    LTG 155.0
    Lose 1lb/week
    Drink 90 ounces of water daily
    7,500 steps/day
    Close rings every day this month

Eaturpasta
    Weigh in Day: Tuesday
    PW:170.6
    CW:170.8... plus .2 for the week. Disappointing, but not surprising as this has been the case for 4 months now. I really would like to to break into the 160's.
    SW 197.0
    LTD(loss to date) 26.4

I am really confused and believe me it doesn’t take much. 😂 I have your weigh in yesterday as PW 171.2 and CW 170.6. Do you want me to change it to 170.8? According to the spreadsheet you have lost 4.2 pounds this month. That is a pound a week. That is right where you want to be. The recommended weight loss is 1 to 2 pounds a week. Studies show that losing weight at this rate are more likely to be successful keeping the weight off. As you get closer to goal your weight loss will slow down. What do you have selected as your weekly weight loss goal?

@lindamtuck2018 my goal is 1 pound a week. The above amount is correct, the one you mentioned is the prior week's info. CW today is actually 171.6, which sucks. So yes, please change it to 170.8 which it was on my weigh in day. I have been bouncing from 170.2 to 174 for 4 months. I have yet to get below 170.

Hope that makes sense. :)

Is your weigh in day Tuesday or Wednesday? It is frustrating bouncing around like that. Have you tried mixing things up to see if it makes a difference? I know IF got me moving 4 or 5 months ago when I was stuck. I know that is not for everyone. Also you could mix your exercise up and see if that helps.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Daily Post October 27
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 128oz
    Steps 8956
    Exercise 60min of walking

My daughter and I went outside for a walk yesterday because she said she wanted to go with me. It was 30 degrees but the sun was shining so I bundled her up so nothing but the middle of her face was showing and off we went. We walked down to the trail and after one time around she was complaining about the cold wind in her face so we headed back home. It took about 35 mins. I just hopped on the treadmill after the kids went to bed and got the other 25mins in.

When I read this I was thinking why would you bundle her up in 30 degree weather. I am so used to thinking in Celsius. Great job on using the treadmill to increase those steps!
  • Krista_Knits52
    Krista_Knits52 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    There are many benefits from losing weight. What benefits have you found as a result of losing weight? For those starting, what benefits to you expect?

After losing weight I slept much better at night and don’t wake up so tired so I have more energy for the day.
    Benefits I expect is hopefully more stamina with running (and just in general) and have an easier time running and keeping up with my kids.
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 - my steps for 10/27 were 9002
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,276 Member
    Options
    There are many benefits from losing weight. What benefits have you found as a result of losing weight? For those starting, what benefits to you expect?

My biggest one is my health ... since I quit smoking in Jan. 2019 no more asthma attacks .. I no longer wheeze when walking .....I have more energy then I know what to do with ....My Dr. is happy with my progress and I am just more happy all around ... I still have a ways to go but I am closer than I was :)

Bravo Megan on quitting smoking! It is such a challenge! I am currently 7 months smoke free! Woot! You cannot smell me before you see me!

Thank you so much ....smoking 30+ years sure didn't help me ... I quit because I couldn't breathe and ended up in the hospital for 9 days due to having the flu/pneumonia ...I feel so much better without smoking ,,,, Congrats on being smoke free for 7 months :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Steps 10/27: 11,181

Not sure if I missed it ...but I do not have your steps for 10/26

Nevermind it was my mistake ... it is all correct now :)
  • draby2011
    draby2011 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Steps for Today: 6,319

DAILY GOALS:
    10,000 steps per day: Not met:disappointed: I had a big plan all day and even bought myself new headphones for my run only for it to be a torrential downpour by the time I got home. UGGH!
    1/2 Gallon of water per day: Goal met! It took quite a bit just to get that down...my job at the surgery center is a sedentary desk job so it is completely unlike my hospital days so walking AND drinking water is a big challenge for me there.
    Lower Soda Intake: GOAL MET! I had about 6 oz of a 12 oz can this morning and about 3/4 of a 20 oz this evening so give or take 13oz?
    Exercise daily: GOAL MET! (well it will be, I am going to do some squats and some yoga before bed to workout some frustration.

Today has been...a day lol. Started out positively but I was just utterly and completely annoyed with everyone and everything by the end of it. I think it is because I have so much to do and not enough time to do it so it is kinda stressing me out. But alas, I will get it all done because you know...#MomLife

I work at the hospital again tomorrow so I will definitely get my steps up and drink much more water than I did today. Also before I go to bed I am getting my lunch together and going to remember to pack my flavor enhancers to help increase my desire to drink it. Often I feel like I hit a wall once I get to the halfway point.

I did an 18.5 hour fast today and didn't even eat all my lunch so I am getting my appetite back under control which is super good! I am getting back to fasting daily and so far it seems that it has been doing me well. I am officially 1.6 pounds away from meeting my weekly goal of 8 pounds so looking forward to surpassing that goal!

Hope ya'll have a great night and I'll see ya'll tomorrow evening!
  • ScorpioGirl70
    ScorpioGirl70 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Check in for 10/28/2020
    ScorpioGirl70
    Weigh In Day: Friday

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Steps .. have no idea, my watch died today. If I was to guess, I would say around 1000, since I did NOT get on the treadmill and was working most of the day at my desk.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Check in for 10/28/2020
    ScorpioGirl70
    Weigh In Day: Friday

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Steps .. have no idea, my watch died today. If I was to guess, I would say around 1000, since I did NOT get on the treadmill and was working most of the day at my desk.

Okay I will put 1000 for your steps today :)
  • lcfa5317
    lcfa5317 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    10/28 - steps = 11,207
    Over calories- stressful day at work - I eat when I’m stressed!
    A long walk after a discussion with an irritating colleague helped a lot! Now I’m going to take a relaxing bath. I plan to have a better day tomorrow.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    lcfa5317 wrote: »
    10/28 - steps = 11,207
    A long walk after a discussion with an irritating colleague helped a lot! Now I’m going to take a relaxing bath. I plan to have a better day tomorrow.

I hate to keep bugging you but I do not have steps for you for 10/25
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,881 Member
    Options
    Greetings:

Tuesday, 10/27: 9,134
    Wednesday, 10/28:7,411

My treadmill crapped out last night... A bit stressed. The company I purchased it from is not longer in business. Going to call the manufacturer, who is still in business, later today. I shall enjoy my cup of chamomile tea, and try to get some sleep.
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Check in:
    10/28
    logged food - yes
    steps - 6210 (exercise yes)

Sorry to hear about your treadmill bluetail. That's a bummer. I hope you can find a solution.
    Enjoy your tea!
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited October 2020
    Options
    draby2011 wrote: »
    Steps for Today: 6,319

DAILY GOALS:
    10,000 steps per day: Not met:disappointed: I had a big plan all day and even bought myself new headphones for my run only for it to be a torrential downpour by the time I got home. UGGH!
    1/2 Gallon of water per day: Goal met! It took quite a bit just to get that down...my job at the surgery center is a sedentary desk job so it is completely unlike my hospital days so walking AND drinking water is a big challenge for me there.
    Lower Soda Intake: GOAL MET! I had about 6 oz of a 12 oz can this morning and about 3/4 of a 20 oz this evening so give or take 13oz?
    Exercise daily: GOAL MET! (well it will be, I am going to do some squats and some yoga before bed to workout some frustration.

Today has been...a day lol. Started out positively but I was just utterly and completely annoyed with everyone and everything by the end of it. I think it is because I have so much to do and not enough time to do it so it is kinda stressing me out. But alas, I will get it all done because you know...#MomLife

I work at the hospital again tomorrow so I will definitely get my steps up and drink much more water than I did today. Also before I go to bed I am getting my lunch together and going to remember to pack my flavor enhancers to help increase my desire to drink it. Often I feel like I hit a wall once I get to the halfway point.

I did an 18.5 hour fast today and didn't even eat all my lunch so I am getting my appetite back under control which is super good! I am getting back to fasting daily and so far it seems that it has been doing me well. I am officially 1.6 pounds away from meeting my weekly goal of 8 pounds so looking forward to surpassing that goal!

Hope ya'll have a great night and I'll see ya'll tomorrow evening!

You are doing so well with lowering your soda intake. I know how tough this one can be. I love flavour drops in my water also. It makes it go down so much easier. What flavours do you use?

lcfa5317 wrote: »
    10/28 - steps = 11,207

I know I stress eat also. I am trying to find things I can do instead of eating. A suggestion that was given to me was to sit down and watch a comedy. I find this relaxes me and takes my mind off eating.

lelbarou wrote: »
    I have lost nearly 20 pounds to date and my breathing has improved. I'm starting to believe I have allergies to certain foods and that as I eat healthier (no sugar, no dairy and less wheat and pasta) I begin to have much better breathing and ability to walk further and be more active. Last night I had some pasta and cider and right away I felt worse. I think it's not just eating less, but eating healthier and being healthier. I'm looking forward to being stronger and fitter. Thanks.

You hit the nail on the head. During my appointment yesterday the dietitian told me it’s not all about calories but about choosing a variety and nutritious foods.

Bluetail6 wrote: »
    Greetings:

Tuesday, 10/27: 9,134
    Wednesday, 10/28:7,411

My treadmill crapped out last night... A bit stressed. The company I purchased it from is not longer in business. Going to call the manufacturer, who is still in business, later today. I shall enjoy my cup of chamomile tea, and try to get some sleep.

I hope you get your treadmill fixed. I have always thought about drinking chamomile tea. Do you find it helps?
    lelbarou wrote: »
    Check in:
    10/28
    logged food - yes
    steps - 6210 (exercise yes)

Sorry to hear about your treadmill bluetail. That's a bummer. I hope you can find a solution.
    Enjoy your tea!

Awesome job hitting your goals!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Wednesday’s check in
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 15 minute walk
    Water: ✅
    Steps: 3,625
    Sleep: No
    DBF: 2

Yesterday’s appointment with the dietitian went well. One thing she told me is to have faith as because I had such a long stretch of doing well with my binge eating there’s a really good chance it will improve overtime. She wants me to concentrate on ensuring that I am eating a variety of nutritious foods. I have to stop IF for awhile and make sure I am getting all my calories in during the day. It is going to be hard getting into a routine of eating breakfast again. I am never hungry in the mornings. It is without a doubt that stress has triggered the binge eating again. It’s been 3 months of one thing after another plus the underlining stress of the pandemic. She is also going to set me up with help for dealing with the stress. The dietitian is going to see me every few weeks. I have an appointment with my regular dietitian today. He is more of a resource for my diabetes.

I still haven’t called the gym but it is on my to do list for today. I think this is not going to be help with my fitness needs but a great stress relief also.

I really enjoyed reading your benefits of losing weight. Keep up the fight and continue to add to those benefits.

Goals this week
    1. No binge eating/late night snacking
    2. Sleep at least 7.5 hours
    3. Stay within maintenance calories
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    We have another newcomer heading our way ... Please welcome @littleflutterby to our team :)
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    CHECK IN: Wednesday, Oct. 28

🏃🏻‍♀️Exercise: YES
    💦 Water: YES
    🍽 Calories: YES
    😴 Sleep: NO

STEPS
    WED. 10/28: 6,600 (Spinning) + 12,284 = 18,884

Have a great Thursday everyone :)