Downsizers - October 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,276 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone :)

There is will be no walk for me ....I have to much running around to to do today ...I get to stand in line at the DMV today oh boy can't wait LOL.... I will also be doing some much needed deep cleaning in my house ..and I will be working out to Broadway Blast :) .. will resume walking with my daughter and Aspen tomorrow ..I hope everyone has a wonderful day :)
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily Post October 28
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 128oz
    Steps 9393
    Exercise Treadmill 45min

Yesterday my sister in law had the baby!! So excited to have another neice! I get to go up for 15mins and see her today. Can't wait!
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Tracked Yes
    Under calories No
    Steps 8240 tracked
    Exercise No

Not the best day, I didn’t work out since my neck and leg were bugging me must have tweaked it with my Monday workout. Rainy day so no walk. Did ok eating until late afternoon then stopped tracking. We have two more rainy at home days with the storm down south bringing us rain. Good news it looks clear for Halloween Saturday so the kids will be happy.
  • eaturpasta
    eaturpasta Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    10/28 check in
    drank water...yes
    3869 steps, pitiful day for me... I did not feel well all day. No exercise either.
    Close rings... nope

October Goals
    LTG 155.0
    Lose 1lb/week
    Drink 90 ounces of water daily
    7,500 steps/day
    Close rings every day this month

Eaturpasta
    Weigh in Day: Tuesday
    PW:170.6
    CW:170.8
    SW 197.0
    LTD(loss to date) 26.4
  • darleenturner
    darleenturner Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    There are many benefits from losing weight. What benefits have you found as a result of losing weight? For those starting, what benefits to you expect?

Mine main reason is for my health as my weight affects my fybromyalgia and hEDS. I also want to look better and get back into my clothes. I always feel more confident and walk taller when I am thinner
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Thursday Weigh Day

PW: 251.0
    CW: 253.2

I feel like I have been on a cycle of gaining and losing the same 5 pounds over and over this year. Hmm, a lot like last year🤔.

I was making some progress early in the year, then Covid hit, the gym closed, work situation is weird, minor toe surgery, blah, blah blah...NO MORE EXCUSES!!!

I have gained back a few pounds, but I'm at about the same place I started in January. Could be worse.

Goals for the next week (especially the weekend):

Log all the foods-including the things that are not aligned with my goals-and do it honestly-one serving of Ruffles-yeah right-more like five?

Do something active each day-I re-satrted Couch to 5k yesterday, did some yoga this morning, and hope to get a walk in at lunch. I plan to get a workout space cleared and set up in the garage this weekend.

Happy Thursday!
  • 888Angie888
    Options
    Steps 10/28: 18,852
  • littleflutterby
    littleflutterby Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm so psyched to be here! Idk if you all do intros but here is a bit about me :)

I'm tanya, 32, originally from Liverpool, England but now live in Toronto, Canada!

My weight has always been a problem- either being too small or too big. Right now I have a mammoth task ahead of me but I'm in the zone and raring to go!

I'm following just healthy eating and exercise- as much as possible. 3 meals and a snack a day :)

I look forward to getting to know you all!
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Sharing my lunch today. :) Here's a pict of my sweet kale chopped salad with chicken, almond slices, red grapes, sunflower seeds and dried cranberries.
    habqc4lrhamy.jpg
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,276 Member
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »
    Check-in for 10/29

Steps (goal=8K): ✅ 11,940
    Water (goal= 80oz):✅
    Carb goal= 145g:❌ a little under
    Fat goal= 40g:✅
    Protein= 105g:✅
    Fiber= 28g:✅
    Exercise:✅ hike

I got my nutrition goals from my coach and I came close. I ended the day with an apple and peanut butter to get closer to my goals which is +/- 5 grams. I wasn’t hungry but felt like I needed to hit the goal.

Is your steps for 10/28 or 10/29 ? I do not have your steps for 10/28
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Dinner: Baked chicken stuffed with Canadian bacon and Swiss, broccoli & honey bacon brussel sprouts

gocu87yh9zbn.jpg
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,528 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Weekend Challenge

I just wanted to keep it fairly simple this weekend. There are 5 tasks to complete each day. You get 1 point for each one you complete with a maximum of 5 points a day. You can let me know each morning how you did the previous day. The person who has the most points after the weekend gets bragging rights for the week. Let’s all get maximum points this weekend!

Friday, Saturday and Sunday
    1. Track everything! The good the bad and the ugly!
    2. Stay within calorie goal. I think this is a big one for a lot of us on the weekends.
    3. 20 minutes of exercise each day. What you do is your choice but try to challenge yourself and try something new.
    4. No takeout or dining out!
    5. Stay hydrated! Reach your water goal each day as it is easy to not do this when we are out of our weekday routine.
  • draby2011
    draby2011 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    draby2011 wrote: »
    Steps for Today: 6,319

DAILY GOALS:
    10,000 steps per day: Not met:disappointed: I had a big plan all day and even bought myself new headphones for my run only for it to be a torrential downpour by the time I got home. UGGH!
    1/2 Gallon of water per day: Goal met! It took quite a bit just to get that down...my job at the surgery center is a sedentary desk job so it is completely unlike my hospital days so walking AND drinking water is a big challenge for me there.
    Lower Soda Intake: GOAL MET! I had about 6 oz of a 12 oz can this morning and about 3/4 of a 20 oz this evening so give or take 13oz?
    Exercise daily: GOAL MET! (well it will be, I am going to do some squats and some yoga before bed to workout some frustration.

Today has been...a day lol. Started out positively but I was just utterly and completely annoyed with everyone and everything by the end of it. I think it is because I have so much to do and not enough time to do it so it is kinda stressing me out. But alas, I will get it all done because you know...#MomLife

I work at the hospital again tomorrow so I will definitely get my steps up and drink much more water than I did today. Also before I go to bed I am getting my lunch together and going to remember to pack my flavor enhancers to help increase my desire to drink it. Often I feel like I hit a wall once I get to the halfway point.

I did an 18.5 hour fast today and didn't even eat all my lunch so I am getting my appetite back under control which is super good! I am getting back to fasting daily and so far it seems that it has been doing me well. I am officially 1.6 pounds away from meeting my weekly goal of 8 pounds so looking forward to surpassing that goal!

Hope ya'll have a great night and I'll see ya'll tomorrow evening!

You are doing so well with lowering your soda intake. I know how tough this one can be. I love flavour drops in my water also. It makes it go down so much easier. What flavours do you use?

Today I used a collagen infused strawberry lemonade packet from Walmart. They're meant for regular sized water bottles so I put two in (they had sugar in them which I wasn't happy about, but I didn't notice when I bought them) so it was super diluted. It was alright I will stick to my great value fruit punch packets in the future though :smiley:
  • draby2011
    Options
    Steps for today: 8,193

DAILY GOALS:
    10,000 steps per day: Not met but I am okay with that because I worked my toosh off today!
    1/2 Gallon of water per day: Goal surpassed!
    Lower Soda Intake: Ehhh... I ended up caving and getting a 20 oz at lunch in addition to my 12 oz can I had before work. 32 oz is a lot better than what I started with, but not my best.
    Exercise daily: GOAL DEFINITELY MET! It may not have been in the gym or on a run (Thanks to the rain) but I had a couple of patients who were altered mental status and those patients keep you on your toes and they are strong as can be! I was lifting, moving, changing, everything lol. I definitely count that as a decent workout!

Today was pretty good! I probably would have gotten my steps in if it weren't for the paper I have to write so anytime I had a moment in between patients I was working on that. Tomorrow I'm back at the surgery center and really hoping for that run tomorrow night. I usually hope for rain but I need it to not rain tomorrow lol. After that, I'm working 3 twelves in a row at the hospital so I'll be pretty rundown lol.

• draby2011
    Options
    There are many benefits from losing weight. What benefits have you found as a result of losing weight? For those starting, what benefits to you expect?

For me, I feel better. Wayyyyy more energy and motivation to do anything. I also believe that my mental health is greatly affected. When I feel better I feel like I'm a better mom, daughter, and nurse!
  • ScorpioGirl70
    ScorpioGirl70 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Check in for 10/29/2020
    ScorpioGirl70
    Weigh In Day: Friday

Steps: 2195
  • ScorpioGirl70
    ScorpioGirl70 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I felt like I was going to have a great day, food wise, THEN... my daughter and grand daughter got locked out of their house. I had to drive 40 minutes to take them to her husbands work to get the house key. Then decided to stop and see my dad on my way home. I missed lunch due to this and didn't take my protein shake. So when I got home this evening, I was looking forward to a piece of chicken breast for dinner. My son ate it all. I wanted something fast and instead of eating some oatmeal or bran cereal I decided on leftover gravy with biscuits.. and not just one but 2... then to top it off another biscuit with butter and honey. So that was shot to hell.
    I am praying I didn't do too much damage this week for my weigh in tomorrow. November is in a couple days. I really want to make my goals by Nov 21st. So time to get serious... I am too old to keep slipping up like this.
  • 888Angie888
    Options
    Dinner: Baked chicken stuffed with Canadian bacon and Swiss, broccoli & honey bacon brussel sprouts

gocu87yh9zbn.jpg

Yum on lunch and dinner!
  • 888Angie888
    Options
    Weekend Challenge

Friday, Saturday and Sunday
    1. Track everything! The good the bad and the ugly!
    2. Stay within calorie goal. I think this is a big one for a lot of us on the weekends.
    3. 20 minutes of exercise each day. What you do is your choice but try to challenge yourself and try something new.
    4. No takeout or dining out!
    5. Stay hydrated! Reach your water goal each day as it is easy to not do this when we are out of our weekday routine.

Thanks for coming up with the Weekend Challenge! Count me in.
This discussion has been closed.