Chatroom

Options

Replies

• goingape
    goingape Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Doing okay. I have been doing a little bit of snacking but have been doing some exercise each day. Need to keep on keeping on.
  • CurvyCalorie
    CurvyCalorie Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Good morning!
    Checking in with everyone. Have a great day!! 💪🏼💪🏼💪🏼
  • mugginskate
    mugginskate Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I tried to post on here a couple days ago, but it disappeared. I hate it when that happens! I did not want to retype it all, hence my absence.

I'm working away at my goals, trying to stay strong. I'm finding that weekly goal chart I shared with you really helpful, and I love checking off things I've done successfully. I managed to gain 6 lbs (WHAT??) over the Christmas season, which was very disheartening. Anyways, I'm running 3x a week and lifting 3x a week, so hopefully things will change soon.

I took the day off of work today as I had an extremely stressful day yesterday. I'm really pushing to get through the school year.

My church is doing a 21 day prayer and fast, and I gave up desserts, sweets, chocolate, etc. I find I am a bit addictive about those things. Besides the benefit of it helping me turn towards God when I have cravings, I get the added benefit of not having those extra naughty calories.

You are all superstars! Don't forget it! You can do it.

My quote for the week is: "I'm not telling you it's going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it."

Megan
  • violetanderson39
    violetanderson39 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    A good quote @mugginskate! I tell my students that it's not supposed to be easy - but it's way better when done right. Makes us stronger and better. Same applies here!!

I haven't been on here for a bit - last week was mentally really tough. But I think my focus is back.

Hope everyone is off to a good start on their short week!
  • mugginskate
    Options
    Not a lot of activity on here. Part of that is my fault too. I hope everyone has been doing well. Weight lifting has been kicking my butt. But I'm sticking to it. I was super disappointed by a gain of 1.6 lbs from last week...but I hope my body is just adjusting to my new workout regiment. It's exam week at school and since I didn't have to proctor any today, I stayed home. I get to do the same on Friday.

Megan
  • violetanderson39
    Options
    Activity has slowed on here ... :( Maybe it will pick up if we're more regular!

@mugginskate what kind of lifting routine do you do? Are you in a gym or using home equipment?

Sometimes as your muscles start to realize they need to grow you can put on a little weight. Muscle weighs more! Yay for muscles!!
  • CurvyCalorie
    Options
    Man! This deleting posts is for the birds!
    I’ll come back later and retype everything.
    Basically I’m here!! Woot! 👋🏼
    @mugginskate I would love to learn how to lift weights!
    @violetanderson39 What grade do you teach? What do you teach? My daughter is a middle school humanities teacher in Cali, Columbia

Have a great day ladies, and stay strong!

Keri
  • mugginskate
    Options
    I have the book The New Rules of Lifting for Women. It is great. There are lifting routines, food suggestions and all kinds of helpful material to help you gain muscle and lose fat. I have a barbell, dumbbells, a swiss ball, and resistance bands at home and they are sufficient to do the workouts. I do need some heavier dumbbells though, and a friend of mine is letting me have hers which is awesome. I lift 3x a week and then I also run 3x a week. I've kept this up for 3 weeks now and I'm super proud of myself. I do squats, pushups, step ups, crunches, deadlifts, lunges, shoulder presses, and more. And gradually I move to heavier weights.

Megan
  • CurvyCalorie
    Options
    @mugginskate That is inspiring. I called a friend that lifts, and asked if she would mind showing me. So hopefully that will start soon.
    My weigh-in yesterday was 156.4. I’ve been on a plateau for a couple weeks it’s nice to see it starting to drop.
  • violetanderson39
    Options
    @CurvyCalorie I teach tai chi - not school. I do NOT have the patience for that!! Despite all my practice meditating and being calm - nothing could get me to do that!! LOL...

@mugginskate I used to use that book!! I LOVED it and made some really awesome progress with it! I loaned to a friend... and thus I don't have access to it anymore. She must have liked it to;-) I have used The New Rules of Lifting (not just for the ladies) with success - which was good.

I've been using a program I got from Mind Pump. The initial investment was more expensive - but I'm really enjoying it! And I've gotten comfy lifting heavy! One of these days, I'll be able to do an unassisted pull up... *sigh.
  • violetanderson39
    Options
    @CurvyCalorie Congrats on the weight drop!! Mine has been holding steady for a while now. I'm trying to get determined to make it DROP!!

I got slack about tracking meals. - gonna get back to that! :smile:
  • mugginskate
    Options
    Hey everyone,

Proud of you all! You can do this!

I'm now doing squats with 70 lbs and I need my husband's help to get the barbell up over my head to my shoulders. I am feeling soooorre today!

We had some new people join our group! Welcome all and I hope you find our group motivating!

Megan
  • violetanderson39
    Options
    Nice job on the squats!!! Don't over do it! But rock that out!! :-)

It's Friday! Almost the weekend! Woo hoo!!

I just put on a big pot of Chicken Taco Soup - gonna enjoy the warmth without too many calories!! Warm salad in a bowl :smile:

Keep going guys! We just have to make it through a bit more to get to the other side of winter!
  • human_bean
    human_bean Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hey giiiirsl!

I haven't been here in like a month I think :/

I had a bit of a rough period at work and at home, which immediately reflected on my body, because I stopped caring about what I eat, I barely moved and stopped checking in. I got a bit of rest and now I am trying to get back to my routine:)
    I will try to check in and see what's up with all of you at least every other day!

I hope everyone is doing well and I'm so happy to read everyone's latest updates!
  • human_bean
    Options
    Hey everyone, how's the weekend going?:)
    Girls, do you know any exercise programs (free or very cheap) for at least a month with videos that are about 20 min long?

I did most of heather robertson's 12 week plan, but when the videos started going over 40 minutes, I just couldn't squeeze them into my mornings anymore. And I waste so much time looking for "the right" video when I dont have a program🙃
  • human_bean
    Options
    I just saw that we are not only girls here, so i apologise for that and my message is addressed to everyone! :)
  • violetanderson39
    Options
    @human_bean Hang in there. Work stress is real.. uufff. I've had some days of not caring lately as well. Trying to get back to checking in and tracking. Morning workouts sound good!!

I don't know of any programs - but I'll keep my eyes out for you! I used to have a great resource for HIIT programing but I feel like that they have degraded in quality lately - so I'll keep an eye out here in case anyone else has thoughts as well!! :smile:
  • mugginskate
    Options
    Hey everyone! I have not been on here for a few days. My apologies. I got totally out of routine and had frustrations with the scale on Sunday and I had a mini give-up breakdown. BUT I'm back to it. Planning to run today on the treadmill (not my favourite, but still) and listen to a podcast.

I'm not sure of any programs either @human_bean Are you looking for a cardio workout? I will look for you!

Megan
  • human_bean
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I am totally lacking any motivation to do even moderate workouts, looking forward to the weekend and hoping to at least get some long walks in.

I finally decided to get the walking pad, and at least get some walking into my day, I super hope it will help.

@violetanderson39, @mugginskate thank you girls! I think low/moderate intensity cardio would be best. I love HIIT, but with currently I am not even being able to make myself go outside, I don't think I can do high intensity stuff.

I really miss working out, my body feels so sluggish these days, it's crazy how easy it is to stop working out and fall out of the routine!

@mugginskate Great to hear you are back to your routine! Okay, I am going for a run today! It's decided! I also wanna go back to my routine:)))

Will let you know how it goes :)

@violetanderson39 How is it going?? Did you get back to tracking?

• violetanderson39
    Options
    Happy Friday!!! Gonna try to go into the weekend strong! Have a great workout planned - short, sweet and intense!

Anyone else?