Downsizers - November 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 - I’m not sure why you are missing my steps for so many days. I always tag you.

11/19: 8937
    11/20: 4974
    11/22: 6103
    11/22; 9384
    11/23: 8880

I have all your steps ....if I put you on the missing steps list ... I apologize ...it was a mistake

I think it was a general statement and I went to check the spreadsheet and didn’t see my steps there. So , I assumed and you know what they say about assuming 😜 Thank you for all that you do to keep us motivated and on track.

• azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 - I feel that it is worth it for me because I need that one-on-one advice. I know a lot but I also know there are things that I don’t know. She is also a fitness coach and designed a workout for me. She really listens to what you are willing or in my case not willing to do (I hate exercise) and works around that while gently encouraging to do more than I am doing. She holds a group chat with all of her clients once a week and puts but I haven’t participated in that yet.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 41,068 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 - I’m not sure why you are missing my steps for so many days. I always tag you.

11/19: 8937
    11/20: 4974
    11/22: 6103
    11/22; 9384
    11/23: 8880

I have all your steps ....if I put you on the missing steps list ... I apologize ...it was a mistake

I think it was a general statement and I went to check the spreadsheet and didn’t see my steps there. So , I assumed and you know what they say about assuming 😜 Thank you for all that you do to keep us motivated and on track.

I just updated the spreadsheet ... all steps are now there ... :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    NOVEMBER WEEK 3 TOP STEPPERS ARE:

1st @iHUSTLE4MUSCLE - 125,105 steps
    2nd @rlaskey - 91,077 steps
    3rd @888Angie888 - 85,284 steps
    AS A GROUP WE WALKED 932,310 steps

Congrats Ladies :):):)

Recognizing the ones who have a step pledge

Linda - 4/7
    Andrea-5/7
    Tazaria 6/7
    Z1ORtza 3/7
    Angie 1/7
    ihustle4muscle-4/7
    eaturpasta-4/7

Great job Ladies :):):)

• Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    lelbarou wrote: »
    Check in Nov. 22
    Tracking - yes (under - yes)
    Exercise - yes ( 1 hour walk)
    Steps - 7987

I did a good walk early before the lovely snowstorm set in. Then I was quite sleepy and took a nap! LOL

I don't know exactly what it's like outside? I'm going to go out and try to walk.
    What exactly is wii. I mean I know have some idea, but not completely.
    And how expensive is it? Just curious...I actually don't have a tv right now? Kind of crazy right? But I think I would need one for that I guess?

I have to do something for the winter. I was thinking of a stationary bike, but maybe this will be super boring! Hmm? In the end, I don't have a lot of money, so if wii is pretty pricey I might not be able to get it...

I'm rooting for everyone! It sounds like we are all having some challenges. Just remember that you are not alone in this.

Wii is a "consola" from Nintendo. (Sorry, I dont know the name in English.) You do need a tv to connect it. And for the one to do sport "Wii Fit" you need the board too.
  • Z10Rtza
    Options
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Daily Post November 22
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 128oz
    Steps 3081
    Exercise Rest day

Yesterday was a pure family day. Didn't really clean, didn't exercise, just hung out with my kids and husband all day. We played games and had fun. Smoked a pork shoulder again for easy lunches coming up. We've been trying out new recipes for homemade indian food instead of paying the money for takeout. A couple days ago we made some amazing tikka masala.

I love to read food from menus that I find interesting and I try to make them at home. It's fun and feels good
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Steps 11/23: 17,504
  • littleflutterby
    littleflutterby Posts: 432 Member
    Options

Linda - 4/7
    Andrea-5/7
    Tazaria 6/7
    Z1ORtza 3/7
    Angie 1/7
    ihustle4muscle-4/7
    eaturpasta-4/7

I got 7/7 last week too right?
  • littleflutterby
    Options
    Z10Rtza wrote: »
    Check in Nov. 22
    Steps - 7987

I did a good walk early before the lovely snowstorm set in. Then I was quite sleepy and took a nap! LOL

I don't know exactly what it's like outside? I'm going to go out and try to walk.
    And how expensive is it? Just curious...I actually don't have a tv right now? Kind of crazy right? But I think I would need one for that I guess?

I have to do something for the winter. I was thinking of a stationary bike, but maybe this will be super boring! Hmm? In the end, I don't have a lot of money, so if wii is pretty pricey I might not be able to get it...

I'm rooting for everyone! It sounds like we are all having some challenges. Just remember that you are not alone in this.

Wii is a "consola" from Nintendo. (Sorry, I dont know the name in English.) You do need a tv to connect it. And for the one to do sport "Wii Fit" you need the board too.

Console in English :)

Yes it's a good system to have especially in the winter months! About 4lb to go and I can use the board! Excited!!
  • Z10Rtza
    Options
    Z10Rtza wrote: »
    Good morning lovely people.
    Today I have plenty to do and I feel like a kid saying I don't wanna out loud even if I'm alone at home.
    My girlfriend bought a second hand Wii with the wii balance and wii fit and we have been two days sporting as crazy.
    And now, I need to study and do exams, and clean the house, and cook, and prepare de Surprise Sinterklaas... and the wii is calling me from the living room pick me, pick me, let's do sport toguether.
    Forget the rest of the things you need to do

But I need to be strong and do other things before.
    My steps yesterday were 15.135 steps and I was hoola-hooping like crazy too.
    My weight went a little bit down.
    16/11/2020-> 133,5 kg = 294,3 lbs
    23/11/2020-> 132,9 kg = 292,9 lbs

Is not much but it is something.

That’s an awesome loss! What is surprise sinterklaas?

dabbers18 wrote: »
    Hello all, a day late so apologies.
    PW...217.4
    CW....215.4
    LOSS OF 2lbs very happy 😁😁
    STEPS .....31,024 very surprised it was this high due to training staff at work, sat on my bum a lot!!
    This week aiming to improve my steps to at least 35,000, track all food, try and get more sleep.

Nice work! You have every right to be happy.
    Weekends are so hard to stay on track.
    CW:168

What is your biggest struggle on the weekends?

draby2011 wrote: »
    Check in for 11/22

Steps: 8,054 (I worked a code yesterday and had multiple COVID patients so I believe my count was probably more like 12,000 or so but what can you do?)

The fitbit that I REALLY want is on sale on friday for $129 so I'm going to try to order it as soon as the sale hits. However, my check engine light came on last night after work and I have to replace the thermostat and the housing so we will see where that leaves me financially. When it rains, it pours guys.

I for the most part stayed on track yesterday with a ceasar salad wrap, cottage cheese, and some trail mix. After work (and when my check engine light came on) i caved and picked up fast food on the way home. However, I was conscientious about what I ate so it wasn't terrible despite my stress levels.

My stress levels are what is going to make me hold on to my weight so despite how tired I may be, I'm going to try to do some yoga and/or meditation before bed tonight. It seems like lately my mind is racing a hundred miles a minute and I'm getting super far ahead of myself when I'm not at work.

Anywho, thank you guys for all your good thoughts and well wishes with last week's situations. Despite everything going on, it is going to be a good week. I just have to get my mind straight and everything else will follow!

Y'all have a great day and keep on keeping on! ❤💪

Sounds like the meditation is a good plan. Stress without a doubt effects weight loss.
    Piqueaboo wrote: »
    Check-in: Monday, Nov. 23
    C25K Week 10 Day 1 ✓
    2L of Water ✓
    No alcohol ✓
    Day 22 of not smoking

New idea: have only vegan packet soups for dinner, calories are <300 and it's vegan and I don't need to cook - this is what I'll try for this week. That plus back to oatmeal for breakfast may start shifting things downward.

I'm happy with the sports I did last week, I went running twice last week, and worked out another three times so that's more than I've done in the past three months combined - I always need to be careful to not set myself up for failure.

Most of my "failures" are around exceeding my calories, so I hope that the above idea will turn into "this one simple trick" so I can switch off my mind and just get on with it - I'll keep you posted!

Well done on all that exercise. Your idea sounds good. I am interested in how this works out.

Check in Nov. 22
    Steps - 7987

I don’t know a lot about wii but I see my granddaughters using it. You do need a tv. I have bought the girls games and they can be pricey. I am hoping when we move to make use of the stationary bike in the exercise room. It is something to do until spring and I think they are way more affordable than say a treadmill.

CHECK IN: Sunday, Nov. 22
    🏃🏻‍♀️ Exercise ✔️
    💦 Water ✔️
    🍽 Calories /Tracking ✔️
    😴 Sleep ❌

STEPS
    SUN. 11/22: 17,000 (spin) + 4,464 = 21,464

Nice work especially the calories/tracking.

Surprise Sinterklaas is a Dutch tradition that is quite fun.
    Is like secret Santa.

A family or a group of friends get together and pick names. You'll have to buy a small present and write a poem for that person. Either you buy them something they ask for or you buy them something that they'll definitely like or make a little joke out of it. You'll create artwork around the present so they have to look for the present
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options

Linda - 4/7
    Andrea-5/7
    Tazaria 6/7
    Z1ORtza 3/7
    Angie 1/7
    ihustle4muscle-4/7
    eaturpasta-4/7
    littleflutterby 7/7

I got 7/7 last week too right?

Sorry I missed you :)
  • Z10Rtza
    Options
    Question

What is one small change you can make this week to help you on your weight loss journey?

Doing the wii every morning
  • Z10Rtza
    Options
    Question

What is one small change you can make this week to help you on your weight loss journey?

I am going to try and get more sleep. In bed before midnight every night. Sometimes, especially when I am on a closing shift, it is hard for me to wind down enough to get sleepy enough to go to get my butt to bed.

I'm also going to shower every night (I did that for a while and it helps me sleep) with the exception of tomorrow night, because we are getting our bathroom done and apparently it's a 2 day job -_-

Eating pasta for dinner helps a lot to sleep
  • 28Haveitall2020
    28Haveitall2020 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Hi all

Hope you are well and almost achieving your November goals.

Are you ready for December? Haha
    XXX

• littleflutterby
    Options
    Hi all

Hope you are well and almost achieving your November goals.

Are you ready for December? Haha
    XXX

Hey hun!

All ready and raring to go!! ^_^ I'll be working Christmas day and new years eve/ day so that will keep me outta trouble haha
  • Z10Rtza
    Options
    I can not believe it is almost December ......I have a birthday coming up on 12/29 I will be the BIG 5 0 :o Where does time go ????????? lol

50 is an age that always makes me think. Whenever someone I know goes to 50 I'm like nooo! That can not be!
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Hi Megan,
    Can I make a step goal of 6000 or higher per day?
    Thanks!

Just tell me a step goal you want to hit and I will enter it in the spreadsheet ....and then you try your hardest to hit that daily :)

Hi Mega, Can I make it 8000? Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.