TEAM: Gutbusters (December)

Options

Replies

• jillsmith8297
    jillsmith8297 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Within the main weight loss challenge we have another optional, but highly recommended, challenge. It is called the Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge, or the Mini Challenge. It is based on another MFP challenge group by the same name, or UAC.

The way it works is simple:

1. Log everything you eat that has calories in MFP.
    2. Stay inside your allotted daily calorie budget.
    3. Do at least20 minutes of activity daily. This could be anything that gets you off the couch and being active: run, walk, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.
    4. Report each day on this thread (something to the effect of logged food: yes, under calories: yes, exercise: yes, and a brief description is nice)

****When you post your accountability, please put the date, or the day of the week to which you are referring. We are all in different time zones, and some people post in the evening for that day, and others post the next morning, so it gets confusing trying to decipher without a day or date. Thanks!!!*****

You get one free pass day a week (went over calories, could not log food, rest day, etc.) At the end of the week, if you have managed to be "accountable" (three yes's) for at least 6 of 7 days, you will be recognized on this thread as being in the Winner's Circle!

Date: Dec 1
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes
    Goals/Day/Comments:
    -I apologize for slacking, life is a bit hectic on my end. I hope to be a little more active soon!
  • shabna80
    shabna80 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi All, Sorry was thinking next Sunday was the first weigh in. Anyway here it is:
    SW - 200.2
    CW - 199.2
  • healthygirlintransit
    Options
    @BEASTFIELD314 arent we our own worst critics but the biggest supporters of everyone else around us. It's a good thing you recognize the cycle now you can break it. I had to realize that I could either be my own worst enemy or my biggest cheerleader. One thing I do in the morning is right down 5 things I'm grateful for and then throughout the day I look for 1 or 2 events that causes me to laugh or smile...keep up the positive attitude. YOU GOT THIS!!!!
  • WThyme
    WThyme Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Mini Challenge
    Tuesday, December 1
    Exercise: Yes - Painted the garage baseboards and then moved all of the garage shelves, ladders, and most of the garage stuff back into the garage. Lots of bending, lifting, walking and hauling.
    Goals/Comments: Stay focused on the healthy lifestyle, reaching my goals and eager to finish prepping my house so that it can be listed for sale. Trying to be ready by December 15th to list the house.

Jill, thanks for posting this challenge. It seems like a good way to stay focused. :)
  • WThyme
    Options
    WThyme wrote: »
    Username: WThyme
    Weigh in week: December Week 1
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Week's weight: 181
    Todays Weight: 180.5

@jillsmith8297 Hi, I noticed that other weights had been updated on the December chart. But mine (that had been posted Monday morning) seemed to have been missed. So, I thought I would repost it here just to be certain that it was seen. Thank you. I know you have a lot going on right now. :)
  • jillsmith8297
    jillsmith8297 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Username: WThyme
    Weigh in week: December Week 1
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Week's weight: 181
    Todays Weight: 180.5

@jillsmith8297 Hi, I noticed that other weights had been updated on the December chart. But mine (that had been posted Monday morning) seemed to have been missed. So, I thought I would repost it here just to be certain that it was seen. Thank you. I know you have a lot going on right now. :)

Gotcha! Thanks for bumping your weigh in for me 🥰
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Keepingtrack1234 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Colleen790 wrote: »
    Colleen790
    December week 1
    PW 165.7
    CW 165.3
    My 4 month old grandson is still in hospital. He is having digestive problems. I'm just focusing on keeping my calories in control and just keeping on my feet being active.

That seems like a good idea; take gentle care of yourself. Keep us posted.
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Options
    Hi! I am sorry; I haven't been doing a great job checking in. I am feeling pretty good; I have been back to work since August (teacher, teaching in person) but we are now taking a break to be remote-back mid January after MLK day. I miss being with my students in person, but it's also nice to be home with my family. I am pushing myself to get 10-12k steps a day; so far, so good!
  • BEASTFIELD314
    BEASTFIELD314 Posts: 660 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Goals/Day/Comments: I am working from home now, so food is going to be a bigger temptation for me. When I was work, I only had the food I brought with me... now its totally accessible all the time. This is going be the hardest part for me.

Date: Dec 2 (up to 6:20pm)
    Exercise: No
    Goals/Day/Comments: Busy day for me today - was in front of the computer nonstop today. Didn't get any real exercise in, with the exception of walking to the bathroom and back. Did ok with not eating too much even with it being within reach all day. HOWEVER my wife and I went out for dinner since it is her birthday, so yeah...
  • healthygirlintransit
    Options
    Date: December 1
    Track:Yes
    Goals/Comments: Exercising was hard today, didn't have the energy. But I pushed myself to do 10 minutes and then told myself just 10 more minutes.

Date: December 2
    Calories:Yes
    Goals/Comments: Today was a beautiful day so I went on a nature walk.
  • Shawn01901
    Shawn01901 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Date: December 1
    Track:Yes
    Goals/Comments: Exercising was hard today, didn't have the energy. But I pushed myself to do 10 minutes and then told myself just 10 more minutes.

Date: December 2
    Calories:Yes
    Goals/Comments: Today was a beautiful day so I went on a nature walk.
    Good work!!!
  • healthygirlintransit
    Options
    @Novella84 Thank you and you've been doing a great job yourself
  • Shawn01901
    Options
    @Novella84 Thank you and you've been doing a great job yourself

Thanks!!! 🤗🤗🤗
  • Shawn01901
    Options
    Exercise : Yes
    Goal/comment : was tempted to snack late night ..I turned snacking Down!!! Lol

Date: Dec 2nd
    Exercise: yes
    Goal/comment : focus on mindfulness eating
  • WThyme
    Options
    Wednesday, December 2
    Goals/Comments: Was a super busy day still moving boxes, furniture and stuff around. Lots of stairs and walking too.
  • WThyme
    Options
    Thursday, December 3
    Goals/Comments: Amazingly, I completed everything on my Thursday list earlier than usual and was able to do a few extra things. So, it was errand day. Also did a little yard work and more “getting the house ready to sell” project stuff. (Lots of walking, stairs, hauling, lifting.)
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Options
    HI team,
    Had a day when I remember why good sleep, a morning workout and a healthy lunch plan set the tone for my day...bad sleep, no workout, then felt overwhelmed and behind all day long. Wasn't my best self, best mom or best teacher today. Trying not to be too hard on myself.
    Planning a hot shower and a nice long reading session before turning in; another day in the books!
    How do you all reset after a tough day?
  • Shawn01901
    Options
    HI team,
    Had a day when I remember why good sleep, a morning workout and a healthy lunch plan set the tone for my day...bad sleep, no workout, then felt overwhelmed and behind all day long. Wasn't my best self, best mom or best teacher today. Trying not to be too hard on myself.
    Planning a hot shower and a nice long reading session before turning in; another day in the books!
    How do you all reset after a tough day?

I can so relate I had one of those days ...just remember you have the opportunity to restart don’t let rough days hold you down ..you got this
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I walked nearly 12,000 steps yesterday while my husband was in having an endoscopy procedure. But enjoyed a Sausage and egg McMuffin meal at McDonald's for breakfast. It was so good though 😉 My baby grandson has been prescribed a new formula which he seems to be tolerating. They think he is allergic to milk protein. We hope this is the answer to his problems 🙏
This discussion has been closed.