Mission Slimpossible - December 2020 Team Chat

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,914 Member
    Good Morning Mission Slimpossibles ....You have another new member heading your way .... Please welcome @RYcare :)
  • buniphuphu
    buniphuphu Posts: 287 Member
    Good morning, Slimpossibles! I'm excited to say that Dory found a new pond! I sat down and did several hours worth of research yesterday on places that had indoor pools so I could get back to my swimming. After reading lots of reviews and membership agreements, I found a place just two miles further than my old gym. I went and took a look yesterday and would have joined then, but the woman couldn't find the forms (it was her third day). I'm going back this evening to sign up and swim! My body has been telling me LOUDLY that I need to get back in the pool. My sleep has been awful because I can't get comfortable because of all the pain in my joints.

I've now reached 38.5" lost since the end of September. I was surprised I lost any this week since I haven't been swimming, but I guess I moved enough without the swimming to make progress.

@krea4 and @RYcare Welcome to Mission Slimpossibles! We have a great bunch of people here, and I hope you join in and enjoy your time!

@TwistedSassette I'm glad your mom is on the mend! That sounds like a scary situation!

@Katmary71 You are so inspiring the way you constantly fight and advocate for yourself! Gentle hugs!

@Jactop Great loss! Way to go!

@TeresaW1020 I needed the pep talk in your post! I only overindulged one day, but I've been logging some less than healthy foods instead of healthier choices this week. I need to rein that in before I go full-on-chocobinge!

@AustinRuadhain I looked up FitRockr. That site looks like a lot of fun! I love data analytics, so it's got a lot going for it. :smile: I think striving for that new level has really kicked your loss into gear, based on your weigh in!

@trooworld I slacked off a lot during break on drinking water. I need to do better with that, too. I should also remember to get some green tea in once in a while, even though it's not my favorite!
  • SammyDee2015
    SammyDee2015 Posts: 285 Member
    Sammydee2015 LATE CHECKIN
    (Ugh- took me a half hour to figure out I couldn’t post to the Nov challenge cuz it was closed off 😂 ) I have been mia due to an emotional family crisis but mostly on track for healing so able to participate again. (Life throws a curve sometimes and you just have to roll with it. ).

Weight was same on Sunday as it is today
    192.6 lbs.
    Sorry it was too late to be part of our team’s numbers. 😔

Sleeping through the nite has been easy enough, since I was up til the wee hours most nites, and up early in am. Midnight snack attacks did happen but there was a lack of eating during day so it pretty much evened out.

Anything I do fitness wise starting today will be an improvement over last week ( mostly nil) so I won’t bother with comparisons til next week.

Goal for December: enter the New year 5lbs less than it is today, though- given the season- I will still count it a success if I end December with the same Scale & Body measurements as today.

My December overall mantra theme Is BBB : Work to build a healthy mindset by Burning the internal self hate notes, and replacing them in my mental drawer with Beautiful poetry of self love and acceptance.

Bring on the ho Ho HO’s people!
    🌸
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,126 Member
    vegan4lyfe2012
    Week 1
    Sunday
    PW: 196.2
    CW: 197.4

Not surprised I gained a little, but super funny that my current weight is my birth year :smiley:
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,114 Member
    Hi everyone and warm welcome to our new friends!
    I’m Gabi, 48, and leave in Northern Virginia. I’ve been married for 24y and have two daughters, 14 and 21. For the longest time I’ve been trying to lose what started with the baby weight but managed to get it back each time and with interest.
    This time around I went the slow route and just about when I started to falter, I found this group in August and have been here since. I am on my last 15lb and mainly walking as exercise, so it’s going very slow for me.

True Thanksgiving is over, but cold is here to stay awhile (except where is summer 😁), and bigger holidays are coming , so this month is not going to be easy to keep our heads in the game. Let’s try our best and show up, especially on bad days.
    Happy December everyone!!!!
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,126 Member
    Welcome to the new members and Haaayyyy to my old buddies! My name is Jennifer and I am a single mom of 3 adult children - son is 25 and in the Navy, oldest daughter is 23 and lives with her husband about an hour south of me, and my youngest daughter is 20. She lives at home and is attending the local community college (online) and working. I work in Community Development for my county in Michigan (been there almost 16 years now), I love to rubber stamp (I’m a Stampin’ Up demo) and make cards and scrapbooks. I'm an active member of my church (Board member), but also love horror movies and books. I've been vegan for close to 9 years, but fell into the usual junk food/fast food/convenience food trap and need to lose about 45 pounds. I had lost 60 pounds several years ago, but 45 of it reattached itself to me like a sea lamprey.

My son was home for 15 days leave (took him back to O'Hare yesterday). It was wonderful! He’s gained a bit of weight since getting back from his last deployment (around 25 lbs), but knows he’ll lose it all again on this next one. He said we were in competition with weight loss – but he cut me some slack since he’s an active 25 year old man and I’m an almost 47 year old sedentary, perimenopausal woman. So we set a mini-goal for me to lose 20 pounds by the time he returns from this next deployment (which will be around June/July). I think it’s do-able.

I will be having rotator cuff surgery next Monday (Dec 7), but I’m hoping my talk-to-text will help to keep me engaged here. I’m looking forward to getting to know our newbies and continue hanging with my OGs :smile:
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,004 Member
    @vegan4lyfe2012- good luck, thoughts and prayers for you with the surgery!

Hi. I'm Lisa, I live in Florida with my husband. We have two kids 21 and 19 who are supposed to be at college right now, but it's all on line until the end of the semester, so they are home early. The older I get the more weight loss has been a struggle for me. I've been in this group all year and it's definitely not a linear journey for me. I've found a few ingredients for my own personal "secret sauce" for success. Planning to do more work on honing the recipe in 2021. Welcome to the new peeps! Jump right in- share struggles and success. This group is so great for both support and celebration!
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,537 Member
    @buniphuphu I'm so glad you've found somewhere else to swim! That's so great! Also - fantastic weigh-in this week!!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Good luck with the surgery. I hope that you have a speedy recovery!

@SammyDee2015 I love your mantra - great idea! I think I will need to come up with a monthly mantra too.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Quick update from me. Hubby came home from harvest at his family's farm yesterday so after work I took my Mum back home to her farm too (2.5 hours of driving after work - wasn't ideal but was necessary). Her eye is looking and feeling a lot better so hopefully that continues as long as she stays out of the dust like she's supposed to! Thank you for your kind thoughts.

100 DAY CHALLENGE GOALS
    Day 69: Monday 30 November
    1. Log calories eaten: Yes - 46/69
    2. 20 mins exercise: No (only managed 15!) - 40/69
    3. Record a calorie deficit: Yes - 36/69
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,534 Member
    @RYcare welcome to Slimpossibles, can't wait to get to know you! I originally joined a lot of groups but this is the only one I've stuck with, I hope you feel the same about it.

@buniphuphu Yay, Dory's fins are back in action, I'm so happy for you! I'll be looking for your daily swim sessions now! I can't wait for the gym and then the pool to open, I miss being in water!

@SammyDee2015 I'm sorry to hear about the family crisis, I hope things look up soon.

@vegan4lyfe2012 I didn't realize your surgery was so soon, are you prepared for it? Best of luck, I'll be praying for you!

@TwistedSassette Glad your mom is doing better!

Monday check-in
    Exercise- arm cardio, stretching, core, resistant bands for arms, gardening
    Calories- under I think!

Hey gang! Had a busy day which I prefer, had a telehealth appointment, Walmart pick-up, then kept busy doing things. A friend of mine has been wanting to visit but now you have to quarantine for 2 weeks if you travel more than 150 miles. She's in our hometown which is exactly 149 miles from my house but she doesn't want to push it as she's an administrator at a daycare center. I told her she could stay here if I go to the store so we don't violate it but I think we're going to wait then hopefully her boyfriend can come too. I did too much today, pulled some plants in the garden and made mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce to go with the turkey I made though it's already almost gone as we're eating it twice a day. Still debating on goals for next month, I'd better start thinking about it!

• raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 688 Member
    raleighgirl09
    December intro and Monday check in

@Cornanda - that's a great idea, I'm going to make my focus the habit tracker for December. I think having a few solid goals to work toward will help and the focus on the tracker itself will help me to that end!

Hi gang - welcome all new members and lovely to see the old gang, too! => I am Maria (57, in NC), a motivator along with @AustinRuadhain and @Katmary71 buuuuuuuut - I am struggling these days and have not been very motivating. I'm embarrassed that I have written that in my intro for a couple of months!!! I hit a new low weight in mid September and have not been right, since. Gained some and lost traction on good habits - hence my focus on our great Habit Tracker. I'll do that this evening after work! I have lost a lot over the long haul - about 120 pounds, but am doing a little yo-yo right now.

I've recently found a new position as I was let go in April with COVID and can't see the grandbaby although some family drama erupted over TDay when I found out the other grandparents were able to visit..... =<

OK - my check in is, calories over, water under, sleep good, steps under......ugh. Computer battery dying....
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,862 Member
    @buniphuphu That's great that you found a new "pond"! How awesome. And congrats on 38.5" down, that is amazing! Yeah, water is so important I think.

@vegan4lyfe2012 I wish you luck on your 20 lb goal. And I hope your surgery goes well.

Hi everyone. I'm back to work full-time as of yesterday although it will mostly be me working remotely so I'll be at home with all the FOOD lol. I don't really have a problem with snacking while working because we have nothing to snack on in the house. What I need to watch is my liquid intake. Yesterday was really good: I drank about 60 oz of liquids (that's good for me but not ideal). I would like to work up to 100 oz a day. I think I can do it.
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,537 Member
    @raleighgirl09 I'm sorry about the family drama. It would really hurt to not be able to see the grandbaby and to find out the others could visit - that's just salt in the wound!

@trooworld Congrats on being back to work. I know some people working from home who still pack their lunch & snacks as though they were going to work, makes it easier to avoid temptations. Liquids are a different story! I start my day with 1L of plain water as I work on a mine site where we are subject to random hydration, drug & alcohol testing - so if my number is up that day then I need to be able to produce a sample within an hour of getting to work! I find it helps me to get enough because I drink so much first up.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Yesterday was a dumpster fire. Work was stressful, hubby brought doughnuts to my work to share with my workmates but hardly anybody ate any so I ended up eating a lot of those. I didn't exercise. I'm writing it off as a "rest day" and moving on today. Work will still be stressful but I am trying to find another way to cope with that.

100 DAY CHALLENGE GOALS
    Day 70: Tuesday 1 December
    1. Log calories eaten: Yes - 47/70
    2. 20 mins exercise: No - 40/70
    3. Record a calorie deficit: No - 36/70
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @TwistedSassette So sorry that you have been dealing with work stress and of course you know that eating a bunch of donuts won’t help your stress, but sometimes we just gotta do it anyway. Hopefully, it’s out of your system and you can refocus on healthier choices. :)

@trooworld I hope you get to continue working full-time since I know that makes you happy and you love your job. Yes, you can get to 100 oz. a day. Start early and drink often and you will be surprised how quickly it can add up. Make a game out of challenging yourself. Maybe a reward for when you do get to a 100 oz. :grin:

@raleighgirl09 Uggghhh there would have been drama with me too if I couldn’t see my grandbaby and the other grandparents did. I hope that situation will get fixed soon. How are you liking your new job? Good idea to go to the Habit Tracker. You know my biggest issue with the Habit Tracker, which was my brainchild by the way. ;) Is that I keep forgetting to check it. I probably need to make that one of my habits :grin:

@Katmary71 You have been busy! You know I didn’t make a turkey this year for Thanksgiving and now I’m craving one. Maybe I will buy one to have for New Years Eve. Christmas I’m making my famous beef stew. <3

@RYcare Welcome to the team!! I am so glad to have you here with us. You are so right that in order to be successful with weight loss you need to cut the stress and anxiety and be happy with where you are in life. The weight loss will follow, and I agree that it so helps to have support from like-minded people. We are a safe place here so please feel free to jump right in and make yourself at home. :)

@vegan4lyfe2012 you will be in my prayers for your surgery and that you will heal quickly and be back up and at it in no time. <3

Hi Team! Sorry that I’ve been MIA. Things have been a little crazy around here. On Saturday, I was up at the church helping to decorate for Christmas and my pastor took an incredibly nasty fall that landed him unconscious with a big gash on his forehead and a very badly broken arm. I was the first one to get to him and it was very upsetting to see him in that condition. But he is doing fine and will have surgery on his arm tomorrow morning. I’ve been fielding all the calls from our church people wanting to find out how is doing. I’m also supposed to be having our staff Christmas party on Friday evening and he wants to still have it if the surgery goes well. So, I’ve been cleaning up a storm in the hopes that the party will still happen. I’m also trying to get back on track with my eating and fasting since Thanksgiving. I would say I’m at about 75% and need to get myself back to where I know I need to be. This is such a hard time of year with parties and all the foods that are NOT on my plan. Just gotta keep my eye on the prize!

NEW YEAR CHALLENGE: 31 Days until January 1st
    1.Fast Clean:I fasted 20 hours today.
    2.Workout: No workout but yes to shopping and deep cleaning my kitchen and sweeping all my floors.
    3.Eat on plan:I did eat on plan
  • anido1
    anido1 Posts: 35 Member
    anido1
    Weigh in: Monday
    PW: 149
    CW: 151

Sorry I’m a day late in checking in...been having issues going in to the Communities page of MFP😡 anyway, Thanksgiving weekend sabotaged my weight loss...well, I sabotaged my own weight loss. Should’ve been able to exercise more with the extra days off but nope....my butt decided to eat and binge watch most of the weekend instead. It’s a new month so I’m going to try this again! Did 20 mins on the bike and will walk in a bit. Now I just need to stay away from the holiday food for a while🥺. Anyone here doing WW too?
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 688 Member
    raleighgirl09
    Tuesday check in

Hey gang - I have logged into the habit tracker, I snipped it below. I can fill in the checking in part for today once I finish this post, maybe my one teeeensy check mark won't feel so lonely...??? => @TeresaW1020 I'm glad you had this brainchild - it has been a big help to me in the past!

7429rzixkcke.png

I was thinking about what has helped me in the past and one thing I will deploy is not having my exercise calories show in MFP - that was a game changer for me about this time last year, maybe a little more. I want to stack up some wins by staying under for this week and and then move deeper in when I am a bit more stable. Gotta take it one second at a time, I guess. I stood on my feet all day yesterday and had a lot of sodium....weight was up a bit this morning.

@buniphuphu great weigh in, way to go!!! You're doing so well - CONGRATS on 38.5 and all of the wonderful feels that do with that accomplishment!!! =>
    @Sammydee2015 glad you checked in - emotional family crisis are no picnic and tough to get through during these times.... <3 I saw 2 of the Bs in BBB - what do the three stand for?
    @vegan4lyfe2012 GREAT idea - I'm going to log a new weight goal of my birthyear - I'd really like to see 163 Good vibes and wishes on the shoulder surgery, would be super cool for the talk to text!
    @RYcare welcome to the group, you've landed in a good place!
    @TwistedSassette glad your mom is doing better - and a drive after work isn't ideal but maybe a good time to just chat without distraction... =>
    @trooworld I get that thing about the working remote and being home with the food! I have an issue where I tend to not get up and take a walk during the day when I work from home - let's work on these obstacles and report back!
    @TeresaW1020 thinking of you and your journey back to the path of what works.......I am in the same mire. I will say this - it will be easier if you can get it wrangled now versus a few weeks from now. I'm finding this time harder just due to the length of the wagon falling time...... =<

• adhmrh
    adhmrh Posts: 112 Member
    Hey everyone!!! Sorry I’m late to the party. Had a great holiday and weekend with the family. Back to work today.

Welcome to all the new folks. I’m Denise. I live in a beautiful spot in Arkansas with my awesome hubby and our dog Bleux (we spend quite a few years in Louisiana before coming here to Arkansas). In addition my parents live with us. We ha e two grown sons. My husband retired last month and I work full time at our church. I run our Outreach Center and our Family Ministry.

I have always struggled with my weight. I came back to MFP back in August. I have lost 34 pounds since then and 60 since my highest weight. I do pretty well with food but struggle to fit workouts in. I love this group (I joined in September). Everyone is so encouraging. Makes a huge difference in my journey.

Looking forward to a great December. Want to leave you with a “funny” I saw on Instagram.

Merry Fitmas and a Happy New Rear!!! Now that’s something we can all get behind!! :D:D
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,534 Member
    Tuesday check-in
    Exercise- arm cardio, core, stretching, dance
    Calories- I think under!

Hey team, on my phone so it's short. Time for us all to get back in gear, let's end this year off on the right foot! Says the girl who got into the Hershey Kisses I bought to make cookies with my nephews, oops!
This discussion has been closed.