Mission Slimpossible - December 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• buniphuphu
    buniphuphu Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain @itsmegina @davidji82 Great weigh-ins last week! You guys are really doing a great job!

@TwistedSassette I have PCOS too. It does make things more of a struggle, but I know we can get there!

@trooworld I have been lazy about tracking as well. I'm not sure if there is something in the air, but I keep waiting until the end of the day to track things. I know this hasn't helped with my hormonal weight gain this week. I am determined to turn it around this week though.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,006 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    @raleighgirl09 - Love the Oh yeah, Oh well post- hit the nail on the head with that one. Also- "mixing in some momentary and fleeting efforts and then wondering why I don't get results" Yes, yes, and yes- that's what I'm up to lately. So many things are needed to add up to results.

@trooworld- I'm checking back in later to see if you tracked today. Please answer YES!
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,584 Member
    Options
    @Cornanda Sorry you're in a bit of a rut. It's always a hard time of year, but this year especially so. What's done is done, so try to move forward and stick to what you know works.

@raleighgirl09 Great excuse-busting right there! You got this.

@RYcare Thank you for the birthday wishes for my son! I took him to get his hair cut yesterday which is usually a dramatic event but the lady we went to was so wonderful with him! Hardly any tears and he gave her a big hug at the end. Here's a little pic in the car afterwards:
    1sy2lqplylq2.jpg
    Regarding the scale, I find that weighing in every day helps me AS LONG as I view the results as data. I have managed to remove all emotional attachment to the number on the scale, and it's now just one of a set of data that I collect in order to see if what I'm doing is working. Maybe something to consider - a change of mindset.

@GretchenReine I'm glad your knee is improving. Take it easy so you don't re-injure it! Good luck for court tomorrow, I'll be thinking of you.

@trooworld Ugh sorry about the migraine. I get them sometimes, they're just awful. Do you get the aura (visual disturbance) as well? I usually know when a migraine is coming, because I get a blind spot which gradually turns into a flashing/pulsing spot and eventually uncurls into a flashing/pulsing line that moves off out of my field of vision. A little while later the headache starts, and then the nausea etc. So I tend to start painkillers when I get the aura so they have a chance to kick in before the headache arrives - it works well except for those times where it starts in the middle of the night! To this day, I've not been able to work out what my triggers are! I hope you're feeling better today.

@buniphuphu You are living proof that while PCOS is a struggle, we can make it work! You're doing an amazing job.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Yesterday was ok. I had a few beers with my Mum and didn't do as much exercise as I'd intended, so the tracker didn't like me much but I still had a (very) small deficit. Moving on today, I just feel really tired as I didn't get to bed until about midnight and had to get up for work at 5:30. Definitely a two coffee day today!

100 DAY CHALLENGE GOALS
    Day 77: Tuesday 8 December
    1. Log calories eaten: Yes - 52/77
    2. 20 mins exercise: No - 42/77
    3. Record a calorie deficit: Yes - 40/77
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @anido1 Ohhh I am sorry that your weigh-in didn’t go well but I really encourage you to not beat yourself up but instead refocus on what you know to do and start doing it. You will get that gain off in no time! :)

@TwistedSassette I had to go Google, turkey & cranberry vol au vents and they look amazing! I love the idea of having a finger food family get together! What a little cutie your son is!! Love his blue eyes. <3

@Cornanda I feel you and your “what the hell” attitude that you have been having. I think I’ve had a bit of that since Thanksgiving and then the party that I just had didn’t help me at all. I got rid of all the foods that aren’t part of my plan yesterday and had had a good talking to myself. I think that we have to decide if the food is worth the consequences of us feeling badly towards ourselves. It’s not of course, but yet we keep letting it dictate our behavior. :/

@raleighgirl09 Small choices made throughout the day really do determine the outcome. Yes, this is truth!! B) Whenever I stop and think about what is going wrong it always comes down to the small choices that I have made that day. For instance, I decided to have a party and eat all the things. That was a “planned indulgence” and I was good with it. But then two days later I’m still eating all the things. Ugghhh! :s

@RYcare I’ve done all those things with the scale that you have, and it never works for me either. I finally embraced the scale as just another tool for data. I step on it at the same time each day and record it in the Happy Scale app and then move on with my day. But in order to do this, you have to be OK with the fluctuations that you will see. Sometimes I just track my weekly average, have you thought about doing that? Yes, to throwing candy away! You know that I bought candy for my staff Christmas party knowing full well that it’s because I wanted to eat it. That kind of self-sabotaging makes me crazy! :#

@GretchenReine I’m so glad that your knee is feeling well enough that you are wanting to give the treadmill a try. Take it easy and slow! <3

@trooworld I hope your migraine goes away and that you will start to feel better. What do you think is causing them lately? :/

Hi Team! Not much going on today. My right hip has been hurting me since yesterday and I’m not sure why. So, instead of doing my normal workout, I opted to go shopping instead. :grin: Mom and I did the usual grocery shopping this morning and then hubby and I went out and finished up Christmas shopping for my mom. This afternoon I have been working on a new jigsaw puzzle and binge listening to my favorite podcasts Low-Carb MD. Episode #50 with Dr. Jason Fung talking about calories was awesome and I really encourage everyone to give it a listen. ;)

NEW YEAR CHALLENGE:24 Days until January 1st
    1.Fast Clean:I fasted 23 hours today.
    2.Workout: I did a 40-minute cardio program
    3.Eat on plan: I ate my one meal for the day and had zero sugar!
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    @broncobuddee
    AustinRuadhain
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    Nov 30 Weight 136.9
    Dec 7 137.6 (a little up, but last week's number was startlingly down, so happy with the average, as I am trying to nudge down to about 135-136)

Check-in for Monday
    🟢Food on plan, weighed, logged
    🟢Calories in the green
    🔴Workout (50+ min) - No! Date night with my husband. Bad planning, but priorities! :smile:
    🟢Breathing exercises
    🟢Martial arts forms - changed my morning routine because of family things and forgot this wasn't done
    🟡FitRockr Up-a-Level Challenge Goal - I'm at 20% for the week. So far, still do-able.

Tuesday Goals
    Food on plan, weighed, logged
    Calories in the green
    Workout (50+ min)
    Breathing exercises
    🟢Martial arts forms
    FitRockr Up-a-Level Challenge Goal - 30% at end of day today
  • SammyDee2015
    SammyDee2015 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Daily check in Tuesday ✅
    NO midnight snack attack ✅
    100oz water ❌(78)
    10K steps ✅
    I decided to take a break from heavy lifting ( have some twitches that need some tlc) and switched to more cardio based for the rest of the month.
    And stretching. More streeetttcchinng.
    🤗
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Tuesday check in

Have had a good day for food and habits, all green checks on the habit tracker!!! YAY me! => I was able to get out and walk twice but still only barely squeaked by on the 10,000 steps - I think it'll be about 10,500. Just need to build the routine with working 8 hour days.....ugh, how do people do this?!? :D:D:D

Check in: yes
    Water: yes
    Food logged (pre-logged?): yes (yes)
    Basic calorie goal: yes
    10,000 steps: yes

@Cornanda it's hard, for sure, and that fiiiirrrrrssssttttt day of doing all the things is the hardest but gets easier. How did the tracking go today? I hope it went well and that you were able to track at least one meal - and hope that you can find a nugget of success in today that will help you seed a great tomorrow!!! B)
    @SammyDee2015 awesome sauce on the no midnight snack attack!!! That is one habit that is so hard for me to break and....it sneaks back in when I'm not looking!
    @vegan4lyfe2012 gotchya on my mind, I hope you are doing well and recovering with some great sleep and a little chemical assistance for pain! <3
    @GretchenReine I am so glad the knee is getting better! It does make it more difficult to get up and go – makes it harder to feel like it. Rooting for you to have the desired outcome in court!
    @trooworld LOVE your village and especially the luminaries! Such simple items for joy making, I love the magical look of several twinkling away on the steps or lining the street – especially when whole neighborhoods do it. I hope today was better and that you, too, were able to track at least some and have that help be a foundation for tomorrow’s efforts. A little at a time is ok…. =>
    @anido1 oh man, have I ever been there. Could be a big, ol’ ball of several things but being aware is a great step forward! I hope you have been able to find a way to make the anger into a positive for backing up your awareness with actions….thinking of you! <3
    @RYcare I concur with the many wise words gone before me – it is easier to bear an up day when you can see there was a down trend and then an odd up, without that perspective, it simply looks like a gain with no context around it. If you can manage the perspective of it’s just data, it’s very helpful. I tend to be like @Cornanda and only really think about the number as I am getting to the day of reporting the weight. My question is….what is driving you to go to such emotional lengths to avoid stepping on it? From the little you shared, my outsider perspective is that that is not helping you either so there must be a strong back story.
    @TwistedSassette I swear your profile pic changed while I was reading posts!! Very cute! Your sone is adorable and reminds me of having young sons – such a joy. Watching those sweet faces and bodies become big and hairy and the rough and tumble becoming muscle and hormones! It was a lot of fun to be mom to boys! Hope you get more sleep tonight….. =>
    @TeresaW1020 I also had to Google the vol au vents from @TwistedSassette. I had no idea those had such a fancy name and they are quite delightful! I lived with the planned indulgence that went on for a couple of months…… =< I have many, MANY times had a get together at my house and try to get rid of the leftovers and never seem to manage them all gone with the guests so why don’t I throw it away……? Am I secretly happy to see some around for the pinch here and there…? Um, yeah. Occasionally I really do wish it was all gone but when it’s not, I know what I should do. I just don’t usually do that. By the way, I bookmarked the episode, here’s the link for anyone else interested! https://lowcarbmd.com/episode-50-dr-jason-fung-discusses-several-new-studies
    @AustinRuadhain I’m loving watching you nudge it down! Great work and perspective, I know it has come from a lot of work, most of which was not food based. Excellent!!
    @buniphuphu I have always loved your straightforward and calm approach! Hormones will get us every time!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    @TwistedSassette Your son is so cute I can't stand it! Pinch his cheeks for me!

I'm buzzed listening to the most obnoxious snow globe my Godparents sent me that I can't stop laughing and singing along with even though the cats are freaking out. My boyfriend is hiding in his room, lol. I wish I could post a picture of it, it's made my week!

Tuesday check-in
    Exercise- arm cardio, stretching
    Calories- under
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    GretchenReine
    Wednesday Weigh-in

December 1: 307.2
    December 2: 308.8
    December 9: 310.8 :'(
    December 16:
    December 23:
    December 30:
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,887 Member
    Options
    @buniphuphu Yeah, I still haven't tracked and I'm a black-and-white thinker so part of me is saying, "The week is half over, don't bother to track at all. Start over on Saturday." At least you are tracking at the end of the day. I'm SURE you will get that hormonal gain off next week! Hugs! <3

@Cornanda if I knew you were going to check back later to see if I tracked, I would have tracked! :) I did not check back in and see your message. I will *try* to track today. I have tracked dinner. I will track the rest, hopefully, as I figure out what I will have. Thanks for the nudge!

@TwistedSassette Your son is sooooo freaking adorable! What a cutie. Happy 3rd birthday to the little sweetie. Thankfully, I don't get the auras but my officemate gets them and it makes it hard for her to see. That sounds awful, my gosh! I get the nausea and sensitivity to light/sound. That's kind of good you get a warning signal to take meds. I have prescription migraine medications but I didn't have them with me because I changed purses and didn't put them in it. I know one trigger for me is changes in the barometric pressure/weather. I am feeling better today, thank you! <3 Oh gosh, you are going to be tired...I'm sorry about that.

@TeresaW1020 Thanks. This time, it is definitely the change in the weather/barometric pressure that caused it: we are having weird weather, we get these sudden changes called "Santa Anas" where the weather suddenly changes and it is extremely dry and low humidity and in the summer, it changes the temperatures to really hot. In the winter, it gets warmer but not hot. I think we may have just had a Santa Ana. Shopping is still exercise! I hope your hip feels better soon.

@raleighgirl09 I love your way with words! You would be a good fiction writer, I bet. :) I am convinced you are going to figure out maintenance and have a 2nd date. :D You can do it! Well done on your day yesterday. Thanks re: my Christmas decor. I didn't track at all yesterday BUT thanks to @Cornanada's gentle prodding today, I tracked dinner and will track the rest.

@Katmary71 I would love to see your obnoxious snow globe, I hope you do post a picture. ;)

Hello all. I did pretty bad yesterday: I didn't track at all, I drank about 10 oz of water, and I ordered food delivery (a sandwich and chips). But today is a new day and I'm ready to try again! I have tracked dinner and will track the rest.
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    @raleigh_girl - I love your maintenance metaphors. Is it possible that weight loss was a battle, with plans and defined end result, and maintenance feels less measurable and with no end in sight?
    I disagree on one thing, maintenance IS losing weight, you are losing the weight you’d gain, if you give up. Print out your losing graph and turn it around, so the curb goes up and know that could be the outcome of not fighting.
    You love numbers, plans and to solve problems so define this one into the type that speaks to you. Then when you are ready, start solving it!
  • AustinRuadhain
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Check-in for Tuesday
    🟢Food on plan, weighed, logged
    🟢Calories in the green
    🟢Workout (50+ min) - platform stepping while listening to a comic from Iceland that found on Netflix. Exercise AND laughter seemed very therapeutic!
    🟢Breathing exercises
    🟢Martial arts forms - changed my morning routine because of family things and forgot this wasn't done
    🟡FitRockr Up-a-Level Challenge Goal - I'm at 25% for the week. So far, still do-able.

Wednesday Goals
    Food on plan, weighed, logged
    Calories in the green
    Workout (50+ min)
    Breathing exercises
    Martial arts forms
    FitRockr Up-a-Level Challenge Goal - 30% at end of day today

@KatMary71 - I got such a kick, thinking of you singing along with the snow globe, with wide-eyed cats and a hiding boyfriend! Great jo yesterday with arm cardio and under calories!

@raleighgirl09
    Hurray for such a great, all-green-checks day! And hurray for your doing the work to build in fitness to your new schedule. It's a challenge, it really is, for everybody!
    Thank you for the acknowledgement about the work nudging the weight back down.
    And I really appreciate hearing your thinking about maintenance, as that's the exact place I have fallen down in the past.
    For me, one of the things I have been coming to grips with, having gotten in the range of a "happy weight" again, is that I am generally getting better or getting worse, but rarely cruising along and staying level, and that's okay. I think that the first step is to keep paying attention, to keep my eye on the ball. If I stop paying attention to the things that make my body get a little bit better, the scale number will go up. It just will. There are so many treats, and they are so cheap. And it's so easy to not move, or not enough. And my body/brain is perfectly happy to ask for the most gratifyingly sweet treats, and to pass on exercise. So I keep working on habits and having helpful conversations and finding little things to do to be improving rather than letting entropy do its thing.
    My current mental image of "maintenance" is my car on the freeway. If I take my foot off the gas, things don't change a lot at first, but the car starts slowing down, and eventually the changes get hard to turn around. So I keep putting in effort to keep things going forward.
    The conversation here with you and @KatMary71 and @TeresaW1020 and everybody is super duper useful in this. I admit it -- last night I squeezed in a platform stepping session partly because I didn't want to check in and say I hadn't! Social pressure works on me, so I use it!

@SammyDee2015 - You go, girl! What a great day! Stretching is a great thing to add, especially if you want to get strong! (I do, too!) If you feel like an adventure, you might check out the Essentrics YouTube channel.

@Cornanda - Thank you so much for that acknowledgement.
    A big YES to this: It's not the planned indulgence that's the problem- it's the repeating of the indulgence.
    Letting myself get in a repeat mode on an indulgence is what had me gain some weight back in September. My husband and I were talking about that kind of thing the other day, and he was reminding me that we are all, always, building and/or reinforcing habits.

@TeresaW1020 - I am so sorry your hip has been hurting you. I hope the shopping was fun!
    SO much truth in your comment: "Whenever I stop and think about what is going wrong it always comes down to the small choices that I have made that day."

@TwistedSassette - Oh, my, what a super cute child you have! What a SMILE! He looks so handsome in that grown-up haircut!

@buniphuphu - I think you are so smart to think about tracking! Just paying attention and making notes makes a big difference.

Are there ways to build tracking in to make it easier? Sometimes I keep notes on paper, and enter them later, if it feels like too much time to do the entry while I build a meal.

@GretchenReine - I am sending a hug. I know that's not the weigh-in you wanted. You have so much going on right now, so I hope you are being kind to yourself, and that you find ways to nudge things in the direction you want this week. It's a new day.

@GabiV125
    maintenance IS losing weight, you are losing the weight you’d gain, if you give up. Print out your losing graph and turn it around, so the curb goes up and know that could be the outcome of not fighting.
    Brilliant! You are SO right about this! And I loveloveLOVE your idea about printing out the losing graph and turning it over!! With me, the gaining curve would be EVEN steeper. I can gain weight really fast, and getting it back off is slower.
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    Hey Leona,
    I am so sorry the number is not the one you wanted, but your thinking about it sounds so smart! Keep making the best choices you know to make, and see what the scale says next week once hormone bloating time is passed! Hugs 🤗
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Username: GabiV125
    Check in day: Wednesday
    PW: 129.0 lb
    CW: 127.0 lb
    The entire week it oscillated between 129 and 128, and I got the woosh for the check in? This won’t stick, but sure looked nice in the morning.

Countdown to New Year
    - eat within calories: 58/77
    - walk 12,000 steps: 48/77
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    @raleighgirl09 - yes I do love the way you put things. Ran screaming into the chocolate night.... :) You're thoughts are good and productive and they will bear fruit. Keep on! I do believe you have a long term relationship with maintenance in your future. I tracked Monday, yesterday and, so I think I am headed in the right direction. I too, think you could be a writer.

@trooword- OK, you tracked dinner- good! Now don't wait until Saturday! (I've definitely been there/done that with "start over next week". Never turns out good)

@GabiV125 - love what you said- so wise! Congrats on the weigh in day swoosh!

@GretchenReine @leonadixon - Hugs to you both.... Keep working your plan and hang in there!

@AustinRuadhain - loved your post. Yes, we are all working on habits every single day.

@Katmary71 - OMG I wish you could have taken a picture of that to share with us!
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    @trooworld
    " I still haven't tracked and I'm a black-and-white thinker so part of me is saying, "The week is half over, don't bother to track at all. Start over on Saturday."
    This is that what-the-hell effect thing at work. It's not just you!
    @Cornanda if I knew you were going to check back later to see if I tracked, I would have tracked!:)I did not check back in and see your message. I will *try* to track today. I have tracked dinner. I will track the rest, hopefully, as I figure out what I will have. Thanks for the nudge!
    Way to go! Throw those promises out there in public! It can be a fabulous way to get yourself past I-don't-feel-like-it in the moment, on something you really do want to do, for some of us! At least it works that way for me!

I hope the rest of your day goes well!

@Cornanda - What an awesome human you are, listening to us as what we say we want to do AND checking in! Just saying.
This discussion has been closed.