Mission Slimpossible - December 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• apple852hk
    apple852hk Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 I'm aiming for 55kg. I've never been that weight in my life. So it's just another 5kg or so to lose.

I'm 160cm so my BMI says that 60kg is average

What's your weightloss goal?

@apple852hk – Good job on the steady loss! May I ask what your goal weight is? And your height?

• apple852hk
    Options
    Weigh in Apple852hk
    Week 2 - Dec 2020 Sunday
    PW 134.4lbs (61kg)
    CW 134.7lbs (61.1kg)
    LTD about 45.8lbs (20.8kg)

Maintain - would have liked loss but I've been eating mince pies. Still only once mince pie a day, not every day, but I've found one in the supermarket with Frangipane toping and want to try that. Haven't brought it ...yet.

Went for only a walk twice this week. I keep saying I'll go for walk daily. Will walk on Monday, Wed and Fri weather permitting.

Forgot the suggestion to fold origami instead of eating chocolate. Reminder to myself, put paper needed near choc stash to help develop the habit.

I want to make Zimtsterne Cinnamon Stars as it's the season. All this cooking is suppose to make me less likely to snack on chocolate as I put effort in cooking why then just consume chocolate.

GOALS:
    1. Fold a origami cube before eating a piece of chocolate everytime
    2. Walk on Monday, Wed and Fri weather permitting

Have a good week ahead🥰

• krea4
    krea4 Posts: 1,813 Member
    Options
    Krea4
    Sunday
    PW- 143.9
    CW- 145.0
    LTD- 9.3 lbs (4.2kg)

Thanks for all the great responses to my post last week. Loved the boat analogy. I meant to reply individually but the week has been manic (as usual!).

This week has been a mental challenge to not overeat all the sugary foods that abound at this time of year. I have been fairly successful. I'm disappointed the scale this morning has shown an (small) increase but upon analysing my week there was some self delusion going on. Okay, I wasn't eating the whole chocolate bar in one go but all the smaller bits were adding up.
    If I was in maintenance this would be fine but I want to lose weight so new tactics are called for.

On a positive - I went back to Zumba and yoga (closed due to lockdown 2). Oh how my body aches but it is a good ache!

This week I'm going back to weighing and logging. I know it works and I need to be doing something different because what I am doing isn't working in the way I want it to.

Have a great week everyone :)
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,915 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Thanks! You should save your post and print it out so you can read it when you need it. Walks on the treadmill sound like a wise idea. I hope your back feels better soon. That's wonderful that your mom is now on board too!

@TwistedSassette Thanks! Aww, that is so cute. I'm glad he loved Santa. 1 1/2 weeks off sounds marvelous!

@Katmary71 I'm sorry your pain is worse. I hope that situation gets resolved soon. I know I am very sensitive about animal issues and I bet you are, too. <3

Hi all. I did pretty well yesterday, I tracked everything. I didn't drink enough water, that was my downfall. The Christmas decorations are up, see the pics below for this year's Christmas Village. One with the lights on, one with the lights off.

nta6snumrjom.jpg
    n4wu2z9pvoep.jpg
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    vegan4lyfe2012
    Week 3
    Sunday
    PW:  193.4
    CW:  190.4
    LTD:  14.6

The surgery was long and I had torn the rotator cuff and my bicep. The doctor was able to repair everything, though. I've been on Norco, which suppresses appetite, so I've had no problem keeping my eating and check. I almost feel like it was the little boost that I needed.

I'm sorry I can't reply to everybody's posts, but I have been keeping up with reading them. Thank you for all of your prayers and well-wishes. I hope to be back to checking in more regularly very soon.
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    @apple852hk I am 5 foot 4 and my goal is 145 lb. I have a larger bone structure, so my doctor said that he's happy if I am at 155 pounds. Haven't quite decided what I'm going to do yet, but I've got some time to get it figured out.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    qqc1pugnmwgk.jpg
    lfbqsg3qaocz.png
    hddjjo797l1w.png
    ii139cmwjgfp.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    kfzcje496lca.png

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    q7siuv7va365.png

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @raleighgirl09 3.10 %
    2nd @imgwendolyn2015 2.77%
    3rd @Beka3695 2.44 %

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @raleighgirl09 5.6 Lbs
    1st @lelbarou 5.6 Lbs
    2nd @4newrunner22 5.0 Lbs
    3rd @SisuMom2019 4.8 Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @spyro88
    @Terytha
    @vegan4lyfe2012
    @eaturpasta
    @PlaneMonkey
    @Zumba_Luvah
    @GabiV125
    @dawnw990
    @tryingagain5

3c6kujqehzg5.png

• Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    x51xfbnqnpor.png

Please note that the top three team lost over 20 pounds each!!

This is very rare, especially in the Holiday season!!!

Way to go Challengers!!!!

gpsrysjmjg8d.png
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,437 Member
    Options
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    :star:The Green Challenge :star: Percentage of people who lost weight this week. No matter how small the loss the weights are recorded in green. Remember that even if your team doesn’t rank the highest in weight loss for the week you can still be the Green Percentage winner by having the most losses in your team! So keep it up!! B)

n7xmr7e3vqg7.png
  • apple852hk
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 it's good to know your stats. It seems like data wise we are similar but good to notice that it doesn't mean comparable.

We might be only 1inch different but our bone structures are different let alone fat distribution.

I always think of it like bra sizes; some women might wear the same bra size but their body type is totally different.

BMI is really just a indication. Losing muscle than fat as we get older can't be calculated unless you go for that special scan that scans your fat distribution.

Have a good week ahead🥰
    @apple852hk I am 5 foot 4 and my goal is 145 lb. I have a larger bone structure, so my doctor said that he's happy if I am at 155 pounds. Haven't quite decided what I'm going to do yet, but I've got some time to get it figured out.

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,584 Member
    Options
    @apple852hk I have an idea, how about making your own chocolate? You'd probably come out at maintenance instead of under but you'd burn off the candy calories crafting them!

@trooworld I love your village! My brother made the mistake of telling my aunt he liked her village and she gave it to him. I went over to babysit my nephews and my SIL had the "wonderful" idea that I could do it with my nephews who were like 4 and 6, she brought in a bunch of boxes and lights and my mouth just dropped! It's a whole universe, not a village! I was so happy to be making cookies instead the other day, I love how they look but it's a lot of lights to stick in those! Especially with two little boys!

@vegan4lyfe2012 I'm so glad the surgery is behind you, prayers for a quick recovery! Are you able to get any rest? I recently had really weird dreams on Norco, I don't normally take it but was trying to avoid the ER and did recently. What is the recovery time?

I missed the height/weight comment and can't go back a page or I'll lose this. My height keeps going up which makes no sense, I'm about 5'5 and probably 155 right now, I look best around 140. I'm pear-shaped if that matters, I went down to a small on the top right away but my bottom half took forever to shrink. I was 122 when I finished losing and I looked too bony on top, people kept telling me I'd overdone it and I eventually agreed. I just didn't plan on putting on this much!

I stress-ate in the middle of the night, I'm going to have to re-evaluate some things. I was hoping to get more stable physically before making changes and part of me wants to wait until the 1st but if I do my jeans won't fit anymore! The cannabis tea is helping a lot, the salve makes me worse which if course makes no sense. Everyone thought I was nuts to try a tea by someone I barely knew but I started really small just in case and thank God it's helping some. It's the only time in a few months I've been under a pain level 8, the grower is a bit drama-filled but she's a good person so I'll probably at least keep in touch with her if not buy more.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @TwistedSassette I knew right away that the cake was a racecar! And I’m sure your little guy thought it was perfect. :)

@krea4 Yup staying away from all the sugar that is everywhere this time of year is a real battle. After overdoing it last week I’m now working on moderation and substitutions where I can. You just stay positive and keep doing what you know works for you and that gain will come off. :)

@trooworld Your village is so cute! I just love it so much ! <3

@vegan4lyfe2012 Nice loss this week! I’m glad that the surgery went well and you just take it easy and heal. You can post to us when your arm is all better. <3

@raleighgirl09 Wahhhoooo look at you coming in first place this week with individual percentage and pounds loss!! You go girl!!! B)

@Katmary71 I’m so glad that the tea is helping you a little. I hope the stress that you are under will lessen too. :)

Hi Team! Today was a good day. I taught kids in children’s church this morning and we had lots of fun together. This evening I’m going Christmas caroling with people from my church. We are going to visit the homes of our seniors and those that haven’t been to church because of the virus. It should be a fun time. My back is much better, but I can still feel it lingering so I’m being careful. I stuck to my plan today and I’ve decided to keep a food journal. I have no interest in tracking every little bite for calories or macros but I do think writing down what I eat will help me stay mindful and see where I might be having issues.

NEW YEAR CHALLENGE: 19 Days until January 1st
    1.Fast Clean:I fasted 19 hours today.
    2.Workout: I did 25 minute treadmill walk
    3.Eat on plan: Another Keto day.
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,635 Member
    Options
    @bethanie0825 Good job this week 😊

@itsmegina I’m glad you have the right perspective in knowing you didn’t really gain that much this week. It will drop back down soon, I’m sure.

@krea4 Zumba and yoga sound great! Glad you can get back to classes. Weighing & logging is always helpful 😊

@vegan4lyfe2012 I’m glad the surgery went well. Thinking of you and hoping for a speedy recovery. Meanwhile, congrats on the loss!

@raleighgirl09 Congrats on being the biggest loser for week 2!! Well done!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Not much to update here, much of the same. I stayed home from work today with a headache, which I think is related to my recent lack of sleep.

Hoping to get our Christmas decorations up in the next day or so, now the little guy’s birthday is done. Still deciding where we are going to put the tree, not sure we can trust him to not pull everything down!

100 DAY CHALLENGE GOALS
    Day 82: Sunday 13 December
    1. Log calories eaten: No - 53/82
    2. 20 mins exercise: Yes - 46/82
    3. Record a calorie deficit: Unknown - 41/82
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Sunday check in (another quickie)

Hi gang - it's been a day of non-compliance for habits, no other words for it. I'm settled in after a day of cleaning, getting my Raleigh home-office space in order, loading everything for a week here at the coast of NC (and driving 3 hours to get here) where we kinda, sorta split our time, and unpacking everything. Tomorrow is a new day - I'm planning the day's meals and 2 walks - have already set out my water bottle and set up my work space here.

Starting this week I am much more in a routine, I think it will be helpful.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,915 Member
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 I'm glad the surgery went well. Congrats on the loss! I wish you a speedy recovery.

@Katmary71 Thanks! Oh my gosh, that must have been a lot of work for you! I can't imagine trying to put up a village with kids. I'm so glad the cannabis tea is helping.

@TeresaW1020 Thanks! I'm glad you had a good day and did something wonderful for the seniors.

Hi all. I had a nice weekend, I didn't really do anything, but it was nice. I did get to craft a bit, which I enjoy. I didn't track yesterday. I will go back and track now.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Well, I let the whole weekend go by reading posts but not responding and wow, there's a lot going on here. I'll do my best from memory.....

@raleighgirl09 - I think there should be a different word for maintenance. It sounds so boring and like it's not much to do. Active Resistance sounds much stronger, but that's not right. If you have any ideas let me know. If you write a book someday I'm buying it!

@trooworld I did check in daily and see you are back to regular tracking. Hooray for you! Oooh! And I love your village!

@Katmary71 - Wow, set up a huge village with 4 and 6 year olds.... that's an ambitious plan to lay on someone else.

@GretchenReine - so much pain you are going through with your family. Difficult to control weight loss when you don't control the food. I'm glad you are working on self care. Any habits you can work on related to self care AND physical health will be building blocks you can use later. I think it will also help you to feel good about yourself. Look for non scale victories. Here's one of mine- Husband walks really fast and I have to trot to keep up with him. Often I'd be out of breath and it was difficult to converse. I've been increasing my overall activity level and the conversational issues are gone. I'm proud of myself that I can keep up with him now!

@vegan4lyfe2012 - glad the surgery went well.

@TwistedSassette - cake- lovely. Son- so handsome! What an awesome day for him!

Not much new with me. I had a few lapses over the weekend, but nothing big. I know that I can't party all weekend and still lose, so I worked on staying close to plan.

• TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,635 Member
    Options
    Again not much to report here, much of the same.
    I have booked myself in for a yoga class on Saturday morning which I'm so excited for. I haven't been to a class in forever because the lady who runs them here stopped doing them. Then she moved away. But she comes back to town every second weekend and so she's started up classes again! She's also a massage therapist so I have booked in for a massage with her on Sunday as well. This weekend should be so good before the stress leading up to Christmas!

100 DAY CHALLENGE GOALS
    Day 83: Monday 14 December
    1. Log calories eaten: No - 53/83
    2. 20 mins exercise: No - 46/83
    3. Record a calorie deficit: Unknown - 41/83
This discussion has been closed.