Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Options

Replies

• conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Fresh corn on the cob, baby white potatoes,fresh green beans and Florida strawberries!....followed by an Amish homemade molasses cookie and a big mug of coffee!
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    Tonight they had burritos and I had a taco salad, because at this point in the month I always crave taco salad. I guess for other women it's chocolate. (shrug)

Tomorrow it is pork sate with peanut sauce, with jasmine rice and Thai spinach. The pork is already cut and frozen in marinade; I just have to grill the pork, boil the marinade, and make the spinach and warm up the rice. Easy easy.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    OMG I can't believe with all the Biscoff spreads that are about now it never occured to me to make my own cookie butter. I ❤ amaretti biscuits, so decided to make some Amaretti Biscuit Spread (Butter, Condensed Milk, Evaporated Milk & any kind of cookie).

As they're super sweet you don't need too much of it, a spoonful comes in around 100 cals. I stirred some into some Greek Yoghurt earlier with some fresh strawberries for dessert and it was delicious.
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    We are having homemade chili and it smells wonderful!
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Under sauces. Made a spicy tomato ariabbatta- type sauce & did courgetti for the first time!
    Was very disappointed as was soggy! Texture Ugh! Am I doing something wrong? Dry fried it for a few minutes.....wanted to try it as seemed a no-brainier calorie wise?
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Were having..

Grilled Strip Loin, Grilled Asparagus and Grilled Lobster Tail... One grill to rule them all! :P :smiley:
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Pepper steak simmering in the crock pot!....rice on the side.....huge salad
  • amart4224
    amart4224 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Salmon baked with lemon and butter, steamed broccoli with a sprinkling of parmesan
  • Poobah1972
    Options
    Grilled New York Strip, Grilled Asparagus, Grilled Lobster.

(a repost from the Daily Low Carb forum I usually plaster my food. B)

dedivgiouv5t.jpg
    gqt0xlrhe8nx.png

I have to say I love cooking this exact combo... I just lay the asparagus out on a sheet of foil, use a brush to lay some melted butter on them... Salt pepper.

Then I cut the back out of the lobster, and pull the tail out, brush it with avocado oil and again salt and pepper. Pop them back in the shell and seal them up in a foil pouch.

Prepare the steaks with all the that fine seasoning...

Heat the BBQ up to 500-550 or so... Then everything goes on once and it's all ready in 10 minutes flat.

Basically lay the sheet of asparagus open and flat on one side of the BBQ. position your steaks on the other side, and throw the pouch of tails on. Close it. 5 minutes later open it roll the asparagus around, flip the steaks and flip the tails. 4 minutes later every thing is done. Tails or moist and perfect, steak is usually medium rare depending on thickness, and well just look at those tasty asparagus.

But I should note, I actually started the asparagus about 5 minutes ahead this time as they were quite a bit thicker then usual.

And the added bonus, almost no dishes were dirtied in the cooking of this fine meal. :smiley:
  • amart4224
    amart4224 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Avocado pesto linguini for dinner tonight. It's creamy and comforting and so filling it's difficult to eat more than one serving!
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Fixing BBQ chicken tenders, sweet potato fries,and mixed veggies for dinner....I am already hungry!
  • Poobah1972
    Options
    Is Lunch applicable to this thea? :)

The roasted chicken thighs were on the small side last night... Nothing left for todays lunch. So we had to improvise...

gzgdyxntmut9.jpg
    o0izvbcojlpv.png
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Poobah1972 wrote: »
    Is Lunch applicable to this thea? :)

The roasted chicken thighs were on the small side last night... Nothing left for todays lunch. So we had to improvise...

gzgdyxntmut9.jpg
    o0izvbcojlpv.png

This looks delicious!....yes, you can share any meal here....send me a dozen of those roll ups!
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,640 Member
    Options
    Made a big batch of "breakfast" daal yesterday. Yellow lentils, lots of spinach and pumpkin - which I've never cooked with before this month and it is nice and light. This feels nice and satisfying - put a whole stack of single servings in the freezer and just had some with scrambled eggs and rutabaga (they were on sale - nice little baby ones - but I had to buy a whole bag so I'll be having rutabaga with everything for awhile.

It was a very "yellow" brunch. But feels very nice in the belly :-)

It is very strange not tracking calorie right now. I know this meal is okay...oodles of veggies so I'm full while staying on the lower end of the calorie spectrum - but it feels pretty luxurious not trying to figure out exactly how much of each odd ingredient was on my plate.
  • Janatki
    Options
    Cottage Pie here .... no pic sorry, already eaten!
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    I am making Shepherds Pie for dinner and I have to say it looks amazing!....I used Bob Evans mashed potatoes, mixed frozen vegetables, diced onions, Heinz Beef gravy, lean ground beef and a few basic seasonings.....I have these really cute little Ree Drummond ( Pioneer Woman ) metal crocks to bake them in....can’t wait for John to get home from the Pain Management doctor so I can eat!
  • Janatki
    Options
    Prefer a Shepherds Pie to a Cottage Pie! I put my veggies inside too!
  • Poobah1972
    Options
    Home made Keto Sweet with Heat Meatballs and Sauce on Cauliflower Rice.

0vx8aelcz9cg.jpg
    ip5pt69djwnm.jpg
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,659 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Ha! You said cauliflower rice!

nuked into shape:
    400g cauliflower rice (frozen)
    3g lemon pepper seasoning (everywhere)

oven roasted bunnies:
    350g asparagus
    121g carrots, raw
    2g avocado oil

deadly greek dip:
    190g boiled baby red potatoes
    17g garlic
    17g olive oil

burn oven burn:
    275g highliner pan seared haddock

=

one oink oink oink

<burp>
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Tonight I will be making Alice Springs Chicken. So chicken breasts marinated in honey mustard and then topped with mushrooms, bacon, and cheese. I keep the calories down by splitting the breast in half, limiting the bacon and cheese, and increasing the mushrooms. I will be serving it with roasted asparagus and half a baked potato with butter and sour cream.