Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,635 Member
    Options
    lunch:

knorr vietnamese pho soup
    https://www.walmart.ca/search?q=knorr pho
    ~210 Cal

Because the amount of soup is pitiful, tripled it by pouring in a bowl, adding knorr vegetable (mushroom base) stock, and nuking it that way!

I admit to eyeballing it! It is ~15 Cal per 3.4g for 250ml water... and I figure about 5g or so and 300 ml water :wink:

So under 230 Cal.

Sodium plays havoc with the scale; but if you haven't been consuming as much... the overload makes you thirsty (popped a couple of cans of coke zero and an extra large black 50% de-caf 50% dark since) and strangely full!

No idea as to dinner yet!
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Dinner tonight was turkey kielbasa,broccoli, and my lightened version of potato salad!...snacks tonight are trisquits, laughing cow cheese and a tiny Old Wisconsin meat stick!
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Good ole BBQ'd pork chops and Salad. P.s. the camera angle makes it look like more then 5 ounces.. I promise! :smiley:

3023kclpe6dn.jpg
  • PAV8888
    Options
    That BBQ looks tasty! Sometimes... I wonder about me (sure didn't look as nice! But I got bunnies in -- though their paws are up in the air due to trying to kill myself with sodium today!)

Campbell's Chunky, Chicken and Sausage Gumbo, 570g, 342 Cal
    Cauliflower (riced), 256g, 60 Cal (poured into the soup bowl to increase the bunnies and mitigate the sodium!)
    Onion, 60g, 24 Cal
    Cucumber Raw, w/peel, 122g, 18Cal
    Lettuce, 56g, 10 Cal
    Tomato, year long average, 202g 36 Cal
    President Choice Blue Menu zesty italian 37g, 12 Cal
    Laughing Cow, jalapeno, 1 piece, 23 Cal
    Finn Crisp Rye Crispbread 25g 90 Cal

So the good news is that I managed to eat 8 bunnies in less than 700 Cal.
    The bad news is that well... protein and sodium not doing as good today... whey bar to the rescue for one of the two problems!
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Bunnies?
  • dcshima
    dcshima Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Believe they are Peep bunnies or other easter candy....
  • PAV8888
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Bunnies=food a bunny would eat
    More commonly known as vegetables and fruits :)

One day, a few years back, my hard to wrangle into coherency brain hamsters were idly reading some studies about improved health outcomes for people who exceed 5 portions of fruits and vegetables a day with health results improving into the 8 to 10 a day range, especially when most were veg.

So not only can veg bulk out da food, but good too! So hamsters set a low level desire to try for a good 800g of bunnies a day (dried bunnies require less weight, so an 80g "bunny" is met by eating ~40g of say dried figs or 80g of fresh)

Some fun was had by all while we were counting bunnies for a while, and contrary to UK guidelines that separate out "starches" such as potatoes or plantains, I see nothing wrong with counting boiled potatoes in my bunnies whenever I think back as to whether I've been having my 10, or should kick it up a notch and cut down on the peep and Easter candy bunny section!

(Do note that I have an appreciable tdee due to activity and gender. Lost most of my weight on MFP averaging Cal in of 2560, and have since been around the 2900 mark, so that does leave some room for less nutritionally great choices when it comes to Easter eggs)

TL/dr bunny = made up unit equal to 80g of vegetables or fruits.

Eat at least 5 a day. Increase to 8 to 10. If you can and is suits you, of course, etc!

(and, in fact, my personal bunnies are set at 85g instead of the more common 80g, because hey, let's build in some extra bunny padding!)
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    I see....I have eaten a real bunny more than once growing up in the Midwest!....I just couldn’t imagine you actually eating “ bunny meat “ lol....
    Anyway I must eat a zillion “ bunnies “ a day!
    Happy Easter!
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    Options

Poobah1972 wrote: »
    Good ole BBQ'd pork chops and Salad. P.s. the camera angle makes it look like more then 5 ounces.. I promise! :smiley:

3023kclpe6dn.jpg

Them pork chops look good! Fish Pie here.... 1st ever attempt, sort of to a recipe.....went down well!
    Using up stuff in the freezer before a pay day shop next week🤣

• PAV8888
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Shared with dad who whines, cries, and complains when things don't taste "right", so I didn't "multiply" the omelet through the use of a carton of egg whites like I would at home.

I would normally use 2:1 egg white to egg (in my opinion an acceptable egg taste mix) and if calories are in short supply will even go to 3:1 (it does dilute the taste quite a bit)... but in this case I made do with 0:1... which made my 45% share a bit less filling than expected! :disappointed:

On the up side, it was looked pretty and didn't taste half bad!

duf3rofqirph.jpg
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I made a teriyaki salmon bowl. Rice, salmon, sauteed mushrooms and spinach, and the last of the leftover asparagus. All drizzled with a simple homemade teriyaki sauce (salmon was also cooked for a moment in it as a glaze). Came out wonderful.
  • rieraclaelin
    rieraclaelin Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Made some garlic roasted brussel sprouts with salmon over the top, and a quinoa/brown rice blend. It was my first time having brussel sprouts, and man, it turned out soooooo good!

Everything was homemade except for the rice blend.. I cheated and bought one of those microwave packets of it :p I'm not brave enough yet to attempt cooking two new things at once (brussel sprouts and quinoa).
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Our daughter made lasagna for dinner, salad and garlic bread with strawberries for dessert!...delicious and I only ate one small square of lasagna!....
  • PAV8888
    edited April 2021
    Options
    In case it is not obvious I am "visiting" with dad as I am not 100% comfortable leaving him by himself in another city.

Greek Easter has yet to arrive and since we are not really observing lent we ended up eating the second third (basically the batch will almost end up being three dinners for the two of us) of a big pot of "multi-use-sauce" I made on Saturday.

The picture is from just before I added two cans of crushed/diced tomatoes, and was taken so I could show CCCGG that "her" guy can pretend to cook! :wink:

Today I added a can of Hunt's tomato paste (logged outside the recipe) which improved the whole thing immensely, especially since the sodium is a bit excessive in there!

I served the sauce on nuked (from frozen) beetroot "pasta nests".
    A full 350g of beets for me. Covered by about 500g of sauce... and I'm beyond full for now!

The sweetness of the beetroot really works well with the tomato/savory sauce.

After a lot of whining and sniveling :lol: Dad got 85g of spaghetti mixed in with his 175g of beetroot today... I used the extra ~270 Cal I saved myself towards THREE fudgesicles.... and I'm better off for it! :wink:

b8150g0z0dim.jpg

35wqtwg8ektx.jpg
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Looks good!
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    We are having sweet and sour pork. The sauce is made with sucralose, and for me with 2 ounces of rice, it winds up at about 400 calories which is right for my dinner. My girlfriend eats a mix of white rice with cauliflower rice, and broccoli, and my boyfriend eats his on just broccoli. (My gut does not like either cauliflower or broccoli.)
  • rieraclaelin
    Options
    (oh wow, mobile actually works with attaching pictures now??)

Dinner tonight is asparagus topped with shrimp that marinated in some olive oil, garlic, smoked paprika, oregano, pepper and lemon juice, then topped with red onion. Not pictured, the black olives and feta cheese that will be sprinkled on when it's done baking (this was pre-cook :p)

Then some brown rice/quinoa mix for the side
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Looks like saltines are on my menu again tonight
  • rieraclaelin
    Options
    Looks like saltines are on my menu again tonight

I hope you feel better soon, Connie!