Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,633 Member
    Options
    You're almost making me want some!!!😛
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    I like sauerkraut but I will just buy it already made!...I can remember my gramma making tons of sauerkraut in crocks....my maternal grandparents had a huge farm they bought in 1935 for $18,000 dollars....my cousins and I still own it and have it farmed every year with corn and soybeans...growing up, my three cousins and I spent many summers enjoying spending time at my grandparents, we helped with the livestock,gardens,playing for hours in the creek and on the railroad tracks, and going to the county fair...those were idyllic summers!
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,632 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    You're almost making me want some!!!😛

I'm willing to share! Come by on Tuesday!
  • amart4224
    amart4224 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I've never really cooked or used beans in my food at home - just not something I grew up with, and hadn't yet explored them in my adult life. But I've been wanting to increase my protein and fiber intake, so I'm dipping my toe in this week. Lunch today was avocado and smashed white bean sandwich, dinner will be avocado and black bean quesadilla.
    nvknrzhgtie7.jpg

• conniewilkins56
    Options
    Tonight we are having baked potatoes,fresh broiled asparagus with Parmesan,and pulled pork plus a salad!....
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    We're having chicken a la king. He's having it over seared zucchini chunks, as he often does with dishes like this, and Girlfriend and I are having it over cornbread, because that is comfort food for me and I am having a fibro flare ON TOP OF having the reaction to the vaccine AND ALSO ....TOM showed up. Someone is having a grand joke at my expense.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    That's definitely a trifecta 🥺
  • PAV8888
    edited April 2021
    Options
    frozen atlantic salmon fillet, oven baked, as is on parchment paper @ 350F with some garlic and lemon pepper sprinkled on top, half a nuke bag of rice (Tenda basmati from Superstore... 180Cal for half the bag (125g cooked but pre warm up), and half a nuke bag of cauli rice (275g), plus 175g of raw carrots chocked in seral wrap and placed in there with all the rest to finish the warfare. plus two coke zeros.

I may or may not acknowledge the frozen york patties that I may or may not have consumed on the way out of the kitchen. probably NOT recommended on a budget!

I don't want to add it all up yet because I'll be crying, and I would like to lodge a protest for the excess calories farmed atlantic salmon has because of all the fat... that I don't think we eat since it is left on the paper... right?!?!??!?!?! My mental hamsters demand wild sockey... my budget hamsters are ready to go to pink! :lol:
  • PAV8888
    edited April 2021
    Options
    The "good puppy" is also preparing 300g onion, 25g garlic, 13g avocado oil, 1.5kg string beans, 737g low sodium diced tomato/tomato puree mix, and... at the last moment I've added 550g baby potatoes.... they're all boiling till they become soft and ready to eat either cold or warm or anywhere in between... with meat or seafood... or by themselves... or feta cheese.... who knows! About 20-30 minutes more of simmering I think!
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    My York patties are always kept in the freezer!....they aren’t my favorite candy bar but I seem to be able to stop with one of them when I have one!.....

I want to like salmon so bad but I just don’t!...I refuse to eat tilapia ( garbage fish) but I like other fish!....

I would love to see some pictures of your meal creations!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    y49avmh08s5e.jpg
  • PAV8888
    Options
    2.5kg (833g each) of string bean thingie! 😉
  • PAV8888
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Frozen mint/chocolate parties... and, by the looks of it, my butternut squash has expired.... so soup time soon!!!!!!
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    It is Monday, and a new week. We are having chicken quesadillas for lunch (300 calories) and for dinner we are having chicken-fried steak with sausage gravy and hash brown potatoes, with a biscuit., for about 600 calories. (I don't eat a huge portion.)

I find if I make stuff like this on occasion and eat it then I don't crave it and wind up getting it when I eat it out. It's not good for me to eat out; I react badly to fructose and common food additives, and the portions are just way too large for me, and I just don't feel that at most places the cooking is worth the price I'm paying for it. Perils of being too good a cook, I guess.

I'm always trying to get better, and recently mastered really crisp, flaky batter-dipped fish.
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,632 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    y49avmh08s5e.jpg

These look delicious! I love potatoes, I could probably just stop there, but I was going with I love potatoes with tomatoes et al. Some years ago I messed up a massive batch of pasta sauce - that included all of the tomatoes and other veggies from that years garden - with too much salt. I'm talking several gallons of too salty sauce :( from my garden. Hoping to save it I added a bunch of potatoes. They soaked up most of the too salty flavour - but also got me hooked on potatoes that look pretty much like yours do.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    I hope it is a good re-union! Covid makes things awkward... but a frittata sounds like something I should actually do over the next few days!