Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Options

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,618 Member
    Options
    You're making me want to make some.... but not quite the correct delicious way 😇😹😂
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,624 Member
    Options
    Sausages? To serve at the party tonight :)
  • PAV8888
    Options
    No silly. I was talking the green bean stew (aka φασολάκια λαδερά).

But in actual fact sausages would have resulted in less calories than praline nuts! You can add praline nuts to the "pretty nutty thing to buy if you're not trying to gain weight"
    category!🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Got some cauliflower pizza crust at Costco that we’ll try today for lunch. It’s going to be all about the topping so trying to keep that under control. Having that with salad.
    Maybe a little tuna and crackers later tonight.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Hope it is good, Yooly. I have the boy over today and we were going to try making pizza using matzo crackers as crust. I'm hopeful!

Of course, PAV. Stupider and stupider - that is my motto of late :) (only with my closer friends of course)
    Praline nuts are so delicious though.
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,795 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    I'm having a whole Leksand's sourdough fäbodknäcke with marinated anchovies, a variety of homemade pickled vegetables (red cabbage, aubergine, pepper, courgette etc) and a little ventricina (hot pepper salami) for dinner. My mouth's already watering at the prospect...
  • PAV8888
    Options
    So's mine even though I have no idea what it is because you make it SOUND SOOOOOO GOOD!
    Though I DEFINITELY OWN the idea that anchovies and I don't belong together... even on pizza-and it isn't for lack of trying! ;-)
  • Bella_Figura
    Options
    Marinated anchovies taste completely different from the salty deeply flavoured anchovies preserved in olive oil...but both are delicious! But the marinated are especially delicious...and so so moreish....
  • Bella_Figura
    Options
    And this is a sourdough fäbodknäcke

1jlcu8ujpylf.png

They're the size of a dinner plate and very hard and crispy! Soooooo good!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    ah - a big flat sourdough donut!

Yesterday's pizza on matzo worked out really well - too well maybe even?

Brunch today is: some veggies (not sure which type yet) a new kind of veggie sausage my wonderful son picked up for me yesterday - roasted apple and sage - OMG they are delicious (not helping me in my desire to give up those tasty beasts) - and some little gem potatoes with a cottage cheese topping. Heavy on the protein kind of meal.

Supper tonight is chili from the freezer and some frozen veggie fries.

There is an incredible amount of snow here today - and it is supposed to fall all day - so I probably won't be walking very much - it is already above my knees. I should be really cutting back, but can't see it happening so I'll just try to be careful with the inbetweens. No snacking on anything but baby cucumbers and grape tomatoes!
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Dinner was good and filling….Barber Chicken Cordon Bleu (270 calories )…. Cauliflower with cheese ( 90 calories, 1 1/2 c. ) and peeled boiled leftover potato fried in 1 tsp. Olive Oil (140 calories, 4 oz including oil )…. Dessert coffee and a lemon cookie…( 170 calories )…..yum
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Nice Connie!
    Hmmm.... da snow problems Laurie.
    One day I will buy a pack of the big crackers Bella. I've seen the boxes by the Wasa cracker section... but they look like they would take over the whole pantry!

"interesting" day so far. Under the "food" category, I "made" Sautao Hot and Sour Soup with Rice Vermicelli (315 Cal) and 250g frozen long green beens (70 Cal). And 328 Cal worth of 0% greek yogurt with a jello refrigerated pudding and some cocoa and some liquid splenda. But, throughout the day so far, a good 1000Cal of candy and energy bars were consumed :disappointed: Let's hope the remaining ~1000 Cal end up being more towards the food size of the ledger! We shall see :smiley:
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Dinner tonight is a big bowl of chili with little meat and lots of onions and beans!…..it is very cold outside for us in the high 50s…..no heat on but windows are closed!…I have sweat pants on and a long sleeved T…..brrrrr
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Didn't have the chili and veggie fries last night - had a repeat of brunch instead because it was soooo delicious. So I'll have the chili and veggie fries for supper tonight and....
    the last roasted apple and sage veggie sausage with veggies for brunch
    Then - I really have to give up on those veggie sausages. Though there is no reason per se in this thinking - I'm starting to blame them for my weight creeping up...I'll test this theory in the next few days when I'll eat about the same calories - without the sausages.
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Laurie, you make those little sausages sound so good I might have to try them!….how many calories do they have?….what is the brand name?
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Don’t you wish plant based “meats” were lower calorie? Seem they replace meat with carbs, fats and what all. Even cauliflower pizza crusts are pretty much the same as thin wheat crusts. And it all costs more. Being vegan is hard and expensive! I admire anyone who chooses it but must admit I couldn’t do it.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Because it has the it appears to be healthy food tax
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    The ones I'm caught on this week are just not worth getting hooked on, Connie...lol
    The brand is: Field Roast plant based sausages, smoked apple and sage
    240 calories, 11 carbs, 10 fat, 26 protein, 5 fibre, 290 potassium, 560 sodium
    I intend to never buy them again...lol...they are just too tasty and I honestly am wondering if these things are slowing down my weight loss (making me gain?)...

And yes, Yooly - they are ridiculously expensive. Almost $10 for 4!

Son must have loved me this weekend when he picked them up... <3
  • PAV8888
    Options
    That's very similar calories to regular sausages. Noticed similar with vegan burgers that were more than lean meat ones. Don't understand why. Ethically sure. Calorie wise... Why?
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Today was salad, roast pork and cauliflower rice. I think tonight it’ll be a couple of Belgian chocolates and dry popcorn. Sometimes you just gotta eat junk (albeit tasty junk) if it’s within calorie limits. Need a reward for the torture of physical therapy.