Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Options

Replies

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,660 Member
    Options
    Good brown mustard sounds so enticing, Yooly! Housemate was a condiment junky. He left behind lot of fun mustards and hot sauces. I feel something mustardy in my future :)

Good planning, Athijade!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Supper - soonish - veggie dogs w/ whiskey mustard !!! + boiled new potatoes w/ a square of butter & pepper.
    I wish I had thought to pick up some saurkraut!
  • scoutmom1981
    scoutmom1981 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Whiskey mustard??!! Not sure what that is but it sounds awesome!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,721 Member
    Options
    Laurie! I think you just added some baby potatoes to my day for when I come back home.

So far a blah day. Had "free soup logged day before yesterday" πŸ€”πŸ€£ not much soup and not high calorie, so it's ok.... probably!

yogurt with mini semi bitter chipits and an apple (and half of it is in the fridge for later!)

And 120g bread, 50g egg, 38g cheese, and 1g canola oil coming in at about 562 Calories πŸ™€πŸ˜³πŸ€”

Bunnies have run away! 😳
  • PAV8888
    Options
    500g cauliflower bag (120Cal) to the rescue! Quick soup with veggie stock powder (40Cal) and 50g dry rice noodles (182 Cal)... and zero Cal water!🀣
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Thank goodness for the cauliflower! πŸ™‚

Mini Chip its in yoghurt ... I normally don't like chocolate chips but wow I think I could get into that! With some apple on the side. Sounds like a perfect snack.

Made some soup last night for today... from a little jar of Soup Girl soup mix - it came calling itself spicy split pea... frozen spinach and frozen diced squash came to its rescue!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Frozen rescues are good

What you talking about Bob? πŸ€” da apple (Ambrosia= more sweet than tart and less acidic) was chopped/cubed small small small, and mixed in with the chippits. Full disclosure: plus three drops liquid sucralose. Plus a goodly powdering of cinnamon, at the 1g level. Nothing was outside the tub! 😎
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I'm picking up Chip its, yogurt and apples this afternoon! But - I might have my apple in slices on the side :) and no cinnamon :)
  • PAV8888
    Options
    The mini ones
    Mini
    The other ones are too big and don't mix well enough!

If they had minnier Minnie's I would go with them!😎
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,877 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: Β»
    The mini ones
    Mini
    The other ones are too big and don't mix well enough!

If they had minnier Minnie's I would go with them!😎

w3gm2cwb7uh3.jpeg
    58fq50fr8f5i.jpeg
    Check the baking aisle for cookie sprinkles. They have tiny chocolate sprinkles for cookies and ice cream/yogurt.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    If you get chocolate sprinkles- read the label. Pay more for real chocolate not some waxy artificial thing.
  • lauriekallis
    edited November 2023
    Options
    I opted for the semi-sweet mini chocolate chips.

Don't think I could eat those, Yooly - they look a bit too much like the gifts mice leave :) (fighting an onslaught of mice who have come in now that the weather is colder. I think maybe they are gone? But I've seen some of their gifts here and there.

And, Ambrosia apples! Were they on sale in your end of the country too, PAV?
    0er6dj0dq872.png

(Unsweetened chocolate, sugar, cocoa butter, soy lecithin,vanilla extract.)

• lauriekallis
    Options
    Green soup for supper - then this decadent little snack later. I'm trying so hard to paint. Have my painting clothes on...painting music playing ... lights one ... reference images ready ... but it just isn't happening.

My brain just freaks out a bit because it isn't getting the input it is accustomed too! It is just going to have to learn. Be loose and free ... don't worry about what I'm not seeing :) If this doesn't work, tomorrows shopping will be for some bourbon to add to my painting tea :)
  • PAV8888
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Why rush the painting boo? You KNOW you will want to do some anyway... and at that point you will know you do! :wink:

I admit that I will probably look for Yooly's solution IF I can find the real chocolate ones. Even though I agree with Laurie's gift evaluation!!! :) The PC ones are good... but I specifically wanted the mini variety (so smaller) because they can spread throughout the yogourt better!

I hang my head in shame Laurie but I always buy ambrosias when available EVEN is a little bit more expensive. I DO draw the line at MUCH more expensive and SOMETIMES I will get fuji, esp if they are looking good. But I find that the ambrosias are less acidic and I *LIKE* their taste (or maybe I am used to them now? I got turned on to them by someone I knew... and have not strayed since!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    PAV - Chocolate sprinkles are the easy solution because they’re measurable but hard to find quality chocolate.
    Another way to incorporate chocolate into your yogurts- chill a good quality chocolate bar. Break off desired amount. Use a small hand grater and shave the chocolate over yogurt.

This would mitigate the unfortunate resemblance of sprinkles to mouse 🐭 droppings. And you can pick your chocolate which is probably cheaper than sprinkles or mini chips.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Brilliant idea, Yooly!!!!!!!!!

PAV, I hang my head in shame that I usually buy the bags of "ugly" apples :) whatever kind they happen to be. I'm just getting into the whole apple thing - thanks to you, Dear PAV - so I have not developed preference yet. But I feel one coming on :)

And my little No Frills did have MINI PC semi sweet chips!

I have to force the painting. I think. It feels like it is one of those get back on the bike situations. It has already crossed my mind to maybe just pack up the studio and call it a day. In the same way I think I also have to start forcing reading. I think my brain will adapt if I push it :) Right now my left eye just isn't in sync with the right - reading distance/ideal special focus distance is considerably different for each. It isn't so bad if I close the left / wear a patch - but I'm done with that too.

The brain and I will adapt. It has for everything else that I HAVE to do. I notice I no longer have a problem opening treats :)
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Uh oh.. treat non problems sound like a potential problem.

Run the eye thing by a human mechanic (or some googling?)? I think I would end up with severe eye and headaches if I were to try what you're proposing.

Yooly I've tried the grating thing. Works for small quantities of yogurt.... but mine are large. And then I have to eat the shavings that didn't make it into the pot, or the piece that is starting to warm up, or the piece that would be hard to shave.... not sure I would end up saving on the chocolate consumption there! Maybe a bulk choco shave and store in container?... Difficult problem to consider!!!πŸ€”
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Laurie you could have an apple competition! Try one each from a dozen varieties. Maybe you will like the more tart varieties better πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ they probably have less sugar/calories too even if the logging entries are the same!πŸ€”
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I'll probably carry on with my buy the cheapest/best looking apples :) But :) this plain yoghurt mini chocolate chip creation is just amazing! Most impressed :) And, I'm really enjoying these applies - so perhaps my first sentence here will change?

Not much I can do - or more correctly "they" can do on the eye front. The low down on detached retinas is you get what you are lucky enough to get - so thank your lucky stars and get on with it :) I'm sure the cataract is bringing on extra problems but it really does seem a lot of the recovery takes place in your brain. It does learn to get what it can from the not optimally functioning eye and to discard the rest. But it takes time and practice not me just avoiding things I don't like.

The treats comment was just a joke :) but things that I have to do everyday I've adjusted to.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Roasted chicken (skinless), Brussels sprouts, sweet potato and a salad for lunch. Tonight yogurt, banana, raspberries and 1 cup of Cheerios.