Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Options

Replies

• Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,978 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a lovely beach weekend Nic! I did the same - keeping track but not tracking- during my cruise. Worked out just fine.

You went to Whataburger! Are you in Texas too? I get a breakfast on a bun (bacon) on days when hubby or I fast for morning lab tests. Not that often but I do enjoy the treat.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,553 Member
    Options
    Yoolypr wrote: »
    Sounds like a lovely beach weekend Nic! I did the same - keeping track but not tracking- during my cruise. Worked out just fine.

You went to Whataburger! Are you in Texas too? I get a breakfast on a bun (bacon) on days when hubby or I fast for morning lab tests. Not that often but I do enjoy the treat.

No, we have several in Alabama now. This one was in Clanton, AL. I'd never eaten there before.
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,978 Member
    Options
    Who knew? I heard they were going to expand. I don’t go to Whataburger except for our sporadic breakfast treats. But those are good. I confess outside that and some coffee I haven’t sampled the calorific menu.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,927 Member
    Options
    Too much food yea! Boy Do girls ever make you run around a lot! No gain (belt buckle test says loss) during the vacation.... but the (not even yet officially) aftermath is already scary!!!!!

Meandering towards home base!
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,730 Member
    Options
    .. Didn't track but kept track, you know?
    THIS. Maybe this could be MY "maintenance" plan. I'm pretty sure I can trust myself to have a good idea of how much/what I can eat in a day. The problem is the hamsters taking control given the opportunity / provocation.

I love this group. So many great minds feeding our common cause.

• Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it is a small little win that kinda makes your day. Yesterday for dinner I was making the Aldi version of Hamburger Helper Cheeseburger Macaroni. Now normally, I would just eat that. However last night I steamed some broccoli to have with it. So a small win and improvement, but a win none the less.

My other 2 dinners this week will be a chicken pot pie in the freezer and then branzino florentine with asparagus. I may have a salad with the chicken pot pie if I don't eat the salad fixing before then for lunches (or I may run to the store and get another bag of salad mix).
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Branzino sounds so adult!😎

I have nuked the remainder of my Costco Normandy mix (cauliflower, broccoli, yellow and orange carrots), 670g, 220Cal. I have made six perfectly hard boiled eggs (one 55g, 85Cal was consume as proof of concept). I have no idea what I'll do with them but they're ready!

Shared a slice of whole wheat bread with the dog (14g of non crust to me) and "decorated" mine with 12g dark chocolate with almonds together with a pot of coffee!

So maybe I won't shoot the next person who emails!😎
  • Crabbyconnie123
    Crabbyconnie123 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Oh gosh!…I had almost forgotten PAVs “ interesting” meal combinations!…I haven’t decided what we are having…I need to decide!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    well.... I didn't even know that "egg curry" was really a thing! It actually even has an official University of Minnesota nutritional coordinating centre database entry!!!

Anyway... I had a pouch of ready made egg curry sauce. Added a pouch of konjac sticky rice and the pouch of sauce to the veggies--warmed it all up and added in the perfectly boiled eggs sliced.... yummy meal and enough left overs for a full second meal!
  • Crabbyconnie123
    Options
    I would die if I ate that!…we had soup and a cottage cheese salad because nothing else sounded good and my feet hurt!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Well my second half is still in the fridge... and my "snack" was 400g of apple exactly... as someone else got the "remaining" apple...
  • PAV8888
    Options
    @Athijade .... I think you should always have a bag of salad around... because bunnies are important!
  • Athijade
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    @Athijade .... I think you should always have a bag of salad around... because bunnies are important!

I know... and it makes a great fast lunch or dinner. I also always have cherry tomatoes on hand because I LOVE snacking on them.

I am having the salad with the pot pie tonight. Lunch will likely be a frozen meal or some soup. Soup actually sounds really good. Maybe with a side of cherry tomatoes and cucumber. Gotta start focusing on those bunnies!
  • Crabbyconnie123
    Options
    Good advice Athijade!…I always have yogurt, breakfast bars, tiny bags of almonds and string cheese within reach!…recently I started buying tiny boxes of orange juice ( 110 calories ) so I don’t consume too much…it is nice to feel good about this again!
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,730 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    So much food inspiration here… I feel about 1,000,000 miles behind… and I love that 400 g apple PAV 🍎 you always find the greatest ❤️
  • Athijade
    Options
    I logged all my food yesterday so that is a win. I also logged my breakfast today even though I contemplated just skipping today. I needed a comfort drink so I went to Starbucks and got a white hot chocolate. Should have just gotten a tall, but I got a Grande. Oops. That is what happens when you want the comfort drink and are super tired and not feeling your best. You don't make the best decision.
  • Crabbyconnie123
    Options
    I have been hungry for something spicy like tacos, too…the last few months there has been very little cooking in our torn up house including no stove for ten days!….I bought two medium size electric skillets and they have come in very handy…this afternoon I dug around in boxes searching for a big bowl for salad…I finally came across a big soup kettle an I used it for the salad ( where there is a will, you can find a way )… I am going to brown some lean ground beef in one of the skillets and make huge Taco salads for dinner…I have all the veggies, kidney beans, light sour cream and a really good quality sharp cheddar cheese to top it with!…I am really bad about hoarding my food all day and getting too hungry…( trying to change this bad habit )… I had an apple and two roast beef roll ups for lunch so I still have way too many calories for dinner and snack…and I HAVE to eat all my calories or I will be starving and feel cheated tomorrow!…
  • PAV8888
    Options
    I still find apples quite useful when applying a deficit... especially when deployed while preparing food or about 30 minutes before "food"... sure the calories may look high on paper but I feel like they save that and more when actually eating the rest of the meal.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    nothing great happening here today. got some orange flavored coffee which "made me" dip into some dried orange peels (covered with icky dark stuff that no one other than me would want to eat :wink:) followed a while later by a can of tuna & corn salad for early lunch... but I did nuke some bunnies! High cal bunnies because I need to go get freezer supplies and that's all I had... so 500g baby peas and 100g onion. Now ready and waiting for further deployment!