Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Options

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,939 Member
    Options
    Lupper is 1080 Cal...

....A tray of Marie Callender's meat lasagna "helped along" by 460g of "Normandy mix" vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, yellow and orange carrots).
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    Red soup :) topped with diced radishes (a new discovery after a friend delivered a bowl of radishes from her garden - amazing on soup! Crunch. Just a bit of heat!) Some roasted beets on the side. A whole heck of a lot of red :)
  • PAV8888
    Options
    IDEA! What to do with my lagging can? Maybe I can AIR FRY my (they've got to be developing botulism by now) beets?!?!?!?! hmmmm...... OR SOUPIFY THEM? OH LAURIE!
  • lauriekallis
    edited September 2023
    Options
    I would just dice them up and use them as a garnish!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    fsrv5ri5t7sy.jpeg

This doesn’t look particularly appetizing I know… but it’s been such a delicious meal the past few days
  • PAV8888
    Options
    But there are already diced Laurie!!!!!🤷‍♂️
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Just open up the can - keep them in a bowl in the fridge and snack on them as if they’re the best treats you’ve ever had 😂
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Red fingers!!!!????🤷‍♂️🥺🙀
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Laurie, I see radishes and beetroots. Explain the rest, please :)
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Red fingers disappear very quickly.
    Underneath the radishes and finger-reddening roots is the red “soup” 😜

It got a bit thick on me. And I ran out of pot space to add more water.

I added buckwheat where I would’ve normally put in some barley perhaps that resulted in the “thickness” problem. Or that I had a bit of a fever when I was cooking 😂

And just in case you were going to ask…

Soup contains: 500g dry adzuki beans, 3 onions, 1 red pepper, 1/2 head of celery, 4 carrots, olive oil (just a little to sauté the onions and celery) an enormous amount of frozen chopped spinach (3 of those brick-like packages), 2 cans of diced tomatoes, two ish cups of buckwheat, a tin of chipotle peppers.

This is a serious “soup”. 😎

Oh…and not quite enough water 🙂

• Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    So diet did not start this week as planned. I started to get sick this weekend and it hit HARD Sunday night. Got so dizzy that I had to lay down and just try to sleep it off about 6pm. Been dealing with a lot of head congestion, dizziness, cough, and fatigue the last couple of days. Finally had energy to cook last night. Monday I was just trying to survive.
  • PAV8888
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Did you get cold, COVID, flu, or unknown? R u on path to recovery?

Laurie I was just confused because the soup appeared to me to be somewhat decisive in terms of the debate of whether it should get eaten by spoon or by fork.

I do realize that once warmed it could change, of course. Interesting effect via the beans and buckwheat.

I have to procure frozen veggies I think. Nothing except a single bag of peas for me, or squash I could steal from the 🐕🐩🐶🐾

Yesterday I listened to you ladies and crisped 500g of oven baked eggplant slices in the air fryer till they became crunchy chips. A bit time consuming as a project but they did turn out quite crunchy and filling and, for some unknown reason 😇, spicy!🤣 requiring lots of pop Zero to wash down! 🤷‍♂️

Sad to report on the last third of the can of diced beets. Laurie's Crisp them in the air fryer would have been a perfect idea, or even to do them up with some tomato sauce and peas and onions. Unfortunately when I opened up the container it had visible indications of having overstayed its fridge welcome so they all went into the compost bin 🥺🥺🥺
  • PAV8888
    Options
    well then....
    Lacking frozen vegetables I decided to stare at the fridge and I discovered that it was... time to eat "fresh" stuff before it goes bad!!!!
    199g aruguala -- 50 Cal
    459g tomatoes -- 83 Cal
    138g capicola -- 200 Cal
    3x Garden Lites spinach egg white frittata (ok they were frozen before nuking and I could have easily stopped @ two!) -- 210 Cal
    I've even heard rumors that this would be sufficient food for TWO meals large snacks for "normal" people!!! <burp>
  • Athijade
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Did you get cold, COVID, flu, or unknown? R u on path to recovery?

Feeling a little better day by day. Still quite a bit of congestion which then leads to the dizziness, but I have not had a dizzy spell anywhere near as bad as Sunday night. That one actually scared me it was so sudden and so bad.

I plan to get back on target tonight though! I am making a Teriyaki Salmon Bowl with rice, avocado, cauliflower rice, and broccoli. I was going to add a sweet potato, but not sure if that much work with happen! But figure it is better to do it without the sweet potato and actually MAKE the dang meal, but skip it because I am too worn out. Give and take.

Then tomorrow I am making a Taco Bowl with ground chicken, shredded lettuce, black olives, salsa, avocado, sour cream, pickled onions, and sautéed onions and peppers. Though I may simply chop up the onion and pepper and just cook it with the ground chicken. That would make for one less step.
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,986 Member
    Options
    Love the idea of “bowls”. I need to explore this more. My general go-to is a bed of lettuce with some tomatoes and a protein on top. Not as creative as Athijades efforts!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Way too much creativity for me!🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️ I opened a bowl of instant pho (70g size) pour water (270 Cal)! I nuked 503g of mixed veg (just under 300 Cal) I was utterly wasteful (but it proves that the nongshim scientist have my number) but I pulled the noodles out of a kimchi noodle bowl since I love the taste of their broth and added a full measure of water. The noodles are saved in ziplock for later or possibly never! 😳 I'm counting the broth, veggies, and noodle particles at 50 Cal 🤣 there: 500 Cal pretty not healthy and I can already feel the sodium bloat but fast brunch (saved some veggies for later)

Jade's sounds way way better!!!!🤷‍♂️
  • Athijade
    Options
    So I messed up last night, but I was able to salvage dinner!

I was pan searing the salmon and forgot it was on the stove. So the top of it was burnt BLACK. I was about to cry (salmon is not cheap dang it), but I pulled myself together, cut off the burnt top, and shredded the rest. Then I took the rice, cauliflower rice, and some spinach and "fried" it up in the left over salmon oil with some teriyaki sauce. I topped that with the shredded salmon, broccoli, avocado, and sriracha. It ended up working really well!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Blackened salmon is a “thing” at fancy restaurants! So essentially Athijade you are a gourmet cook! Sounds yummy 👅
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Hubby brought home one of those giant 18” pepperoni pizzas 🍕 from Costco. Two slices -700 calories later- I’ll be having lettuce and tomatoes for supper. I just don’t have the calorie budget for pizza but it was tasty! He and son had three slices each leaving four leftovers.
    Hubby likes cold pizza for breakfast so no problem. Yeah - it’s an Italian thing.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    I looked at the pizza slices at Costco. Contemplated two. Came back home instead! :blush:

JADE!!!! You already HAD the perfect salmon! Blackened salmon... I have a friend who would have devoured it! Good show in re-purposing though... wish you could forward the crisp bits to me though! :wink: