Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Options

Replies

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    The farm is far away and she stopped by on Monday when she was in town for a flower auction to pick him up before we knew for certain what was going to happen this week … so pup is just getting a bonus farm vacation.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I don’t think I have the energy to go out for to cones a day. This time Covid hit much harder than the previous times I’ve had it. Any exertion results in fever and nausea and headache 😕
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Maybe going to make some red soup tonight 🙂 which is basically small red beans tomatoes lots of frozen spinach which doesn’t show up in the colour scheme maybe some chipotle peppers and onions and barley … I promise the boy that I would make a bowl tonight that’s half green soup and a half red soup and take a picture and send it to him 😁
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,940 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a good project!

How many times have you been hit?

I was just checking and the last time I was boosted was February 2022

Which makes me wonder whether I should get one of the soon to be expired bi-valent boosters because the newest omicron will not be available before I'm stuffed in close proximity to hundreds of good friends for multiple hours
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Three times...but the first two the only symptoms where a bit of fatigue - nothing heavy - just felt like maybe I was fighting something off.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Pffffft to your polychromatic soups! :hushed:

For LESS than *410* Calories and under ~US$3.70/~CAD$5.00 we exhibit:
    500g of water, boiled :wink:,
    package of ho-ya VEGETARIAN pho soup--dunked in the previously boiled water
    ONE LB of "Normandy blend" frozen veggies--nuked

Freezer to table... 6.5 minutes including all prep time! :wink:

Gourmet step: pour prepared noodle soup OVER the veggies... not the other way around! :smiley:
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I think I may go get some ice cream myself. Really craving a malt from a local shop. Plus, I coukd use the walk and the weather is super nice. So win win.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Did you? 😎
  • PAV8888
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Salads take way too long?!!!!!!🤣
    ~500 Cal big metal bowl for two families or me!

Arugula 130g, tomatoes 430g, onions 30g, boiled potatoes 133g, canned beets 100g, hard boiled eggs 100g, veggie crackers as croutons being 1/4 of the calories! 🤣 warm stuff warmed but prep time way too long!!!! Imagine cutting the tomatoes and peeling the eggs!!!!!🤯🤯🤯🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😘

(For some reason I actually like salads with some ingredients warm. In this case pot, egg, beets were slightly warmed)

S'up with Laurie? Is Yooly stuffed in a metal tube yet? 🤯
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,990 Member
    Options
    Off the ship. First flight is seven hours from now. Stopped at Dole plantation for a pineapple whip.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    p3gz1mjoq0rl.jpeg
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Looks amazing, Yooly!!!!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Took the little girl out for a walk today and it’s just about knocked me on my bottom 🙂
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I kind of feel the same, PAV, having something faintly warm in a salad
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    ibufhtxn29bx.jpeg
    And a rainbow to end the day.
  • scoutmom1981
    scoutmom1981 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Dole Whip is my favorite! I learned how to make it at home. That was a big problem.

So glad you had fun on your cruise.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Glad I can’t make dole whip or want the recipe. Too dangerous.
    I’m at the Honolulu airport gearing up for two 5 hour flights and a long layover in San Francisco. I’m planning on granola bars and pretzels 🥨 for all upcoming meals.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Sounds like a terrible all nighter.
    Hopefully you will manage some zzz's
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Even worse🤯😤. Flight turned back after one hour to Honolulu. In ginormous line of angry tired hostile folk trying to figure out what to do.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Did you? 😎

Totally did. And the walk to get it was just what I needed to help my mood. I was feeling really anxious and down yesterday morning, but the wonderful weather and seeing all the happy people out and about really made things brighter.

I am now meal planning. "Diet" starts tomorrow! Meals are planned for this week already so working on the next week or so.