Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Options

Replies

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,701 Member
    Options
    Supper = green soup with 25g of feta cheese crumbled on top. I'm still loving the green soup most times. Feeling pretty good today. Bit stiff, bit sore but still running on adrenaline overdrive. Expect to crash sometime soon :)
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,502 Member
    Options
    Been mostly a set, boring food choices, Yada Yada.

Yesterday was a good food day.

I had eggs/egg whites scrambled with reduced fat American cheese, ham, peppers and onion in a bit of kerrygold butter. Big cup of coffee with half and half.

The I had a double tall cappuccino while Costco shopping. No samples, I'd have eaten some but none of them appealed to me.

Then for dinner I had a grilled BS chicken thigh with kinder's woodfired garlic seasoning, baby yellow potatoes oven roasted with non-stick spray and salt and pepper, and steamed fresh green beans with a little salted kerrygold butter.

As an evening snack, I had a protein slushy made with ice, lemonade flavor clear whey and a handful of raspberries.

• Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,932 Member
    Options
    Good food day indeed NIC!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    What is a BS chicken thigh???
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    What is a BS chicken thigh???

Boneless/skinless. Alot to type
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    Today a I had coffee in the morning, lunch was green salad with cucumber, shredded cheese and diced ham, with thinned out thousand Island dressed (1tbsp dressing, 2 tap water).

Dinner I made a breakfast skillet. Non stick spray, 1 serving of shredded potatoes, 4oz diced ham, 3 eggs, 1 egg white, onions and peppers, 1oz shredded cheese. About 550 calories and it filled the bottom of a 10" skillet. If I made again would decrease the cook time in the oven because my yolks were at the lightest end of hard. I would probably also swap another serving of potato for one egg. Same Cals, better balance I think

Snack was a coffer protein smoothie I made
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Skillet spoons good, Nic.

I had my usual green soup for supper but am having a heckuva time sleeping, the surgery is really messed that up. Not discomfort or anything… just inability to sleep. I’m usually really good sleeper so I’m a bit unsure on what to do about this.

Finally got up and decided to see if a snack will help. Ended up with a bowl of yoghurt with almonds and walnuts … all things on multiple foods that help you sleep lists. 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

Hopefully this means I’ll be turning off the light and going to sleep very soon 🙂
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    Dinner tonight:

Big bowl of romaine lettuce. Grilled taco seasoned chicken thigh meat, shredded reduced-fat cheese, light sour cream, half a small Avocado, and a big dollop of pico de gallo.

Not sure on lunch just yet. Maybe a tuna melt with a side of sliced Cucumber.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Dinner tonight:

Big bowl of romaine lettuce. Grilled taco seasoned chicken thigh meat, shredded reduced-fat cheese, light sour cream, half a small Avocado, and a big dollop of pico de gallo.

After eating airline 🥨 and stale granola bars all day, I’m planning a fine Lean Cuisine from the freezer this evening. I’m craving Nics meal!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    Dinner tonight:

Lunch ended up being a breakfast sandwich. 2 eggs, low-carb bread, American cheese, 2 slices pre-cooked bacon. Just enough soft butte to barely give the bread a lick.
  • scoutmom1981
    scoutmom1981 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Today has been a bit of a struggle to get back into things after vacation. I ate all the food and drank lots of the drinks. Woke up this morning and was sad there was no French toast waiting for me.

I didn’t count calories today but I did cut way back in what I ate. Going back to the grind tomorrow. Gym in the morning and weighing food again.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,829 Member
    Options
    I am not saying what has been consumed... but it is not a little so far! The only good news is that Fitbit indications are that the extreme extra walking around Montreal have so far resulted in no prolonged gains. Supported by belt buckle holding steady... SO FAR!

Chocolates and goodies... quite a few on arrival. Huge breakfasts, unfortunately buffet style and fairly good variety and quality. Waffles and chocolate croissants but also fruit and yogurt. A couple of quiet night with the aforementioned chocolates and goodies and a bit of yogurt.... and schwartz deli for montreal meat, la Banquise for poutine, and an indifferent indian for canuck thanksgiving....
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    I am not saying what has been consumed... but it is not a little so far! The only good news is that Fitbit indications are that the extreme extra walking around Montreal have so far resulted in no prolonged gains. Supported by belt buckle holding steady... SO FAR!

Chocolates and goodies... quite a few on arrival. Huge breakfasts, unfortunately buffet style and fairly good variety and quality. Waffles and chocolate croissants but also fruit and yogurt. A couple of quiet night with the aforementioned chocolates and goodies and a bit of yogurt.... and schwartz deli for montreal meat, la Banquise for poutine, and an indifferent indian for canuck thanksgiving....

God, I miss Montreal meat. I eat it every time I go visit my parents. I'll also do poutine, though it's not the same in Alberta as in southeast Ontario or Quebec. I'll do poutine daily when in that region.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Beautiful, PAV. Just keep burning off calories any which way you can and it will all be good. Pretty sure the 🔥 of love burns lots of calories. ❤️
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,829 Member
    Options
    We're, we can hope (but not according to the met activity tables!!!🤣🤣🤣🤣😇)
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,266 Member
    Options
    Working on meal plans for the next couple of weeks. Really trying to reign in my spending and that includes groceries. I now have $400 a month instead of $500, but I think I can do this. Going to check ads at multiple stores I can walk to and make sure I "shop" from my freezer and pantry before buying something.

Earlier this week I made pork chops with a potato and green bean skillet. The potato and green bean skillet was AMAZING and will be in regular rotation. It does call for bacon, but I figure I can buy a pack and then separate it out and freeze.

Tonight I am making Korean Beef and rice bowls, though I am mixing in cauliflower rice and serving it with broccoli.

Then Friday I am making Chicken Pot Pie Noodles. I may add some more veggies to that as well, but have to see what I have on hand.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Skillets and bowls! I need to do more of this.

Just a thought - you can do a lot with canned tuna. Also frozen veggies can stretch a meal for not too much expense. I’m sure you’ll do fine even with a shrinking budget.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Beautiful, PAV. Just keep burning off calories any which way you can and it will all be good. Pretty sure the 🔥 of love burns lots of calories. ❤️
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Well, we can hope (but not according to the met activity tables!!!🤣🤣🤣🤣😇)

Calories burned depends on intensity and time. Give it your best effort.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    th24gs2lbkwc.jpg
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    We went to the beach for a long weekend (Thursday to driving back now). Didn't track but kept track, you know?

Thursday: coffee with cream in AM, Jr Whataburger with Cheese and small fry for lunch. Supper was some amazing fish tacos.

Friday: coffee with cream for breakfast, lunch a ham and cheese sandwich with a few chips for lunch, supper was a bucket cup of top shelf margarita, calamari (split 4 ways) and blackened grouper with a couple fries and a couple bites of coleslaw. Also 2 bites of fudge, lol.

Saturday: repeat of breakfast/lunch. Had 2 100-cal margarita cans on the beach, then went out to dinner. Had 2 house brewed ipas, an 8oz filet (rare), half my side Caesar, half a piece of black bread and a couple bites of garlic mashed potatos. Then a bigger piece of fudge.

Today: coffee/cream. Lunch was gas-station fast food that is sitting poorly. Dinner is yet to be determined, I have to go to the store when we get home.