Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Options

Replies

• Crabbyconnie123
    Crabbyconnie123 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I shared my apple with two “ starving” doggies!…I swear the beast Willow eats like a goat!…she can digest almost anything she eats…the princess Roxie is not very picky either!
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,730 Member
    Options
    I agree on the benefits of apples front. That's something I learned from you PAV otherwise I didn't think they were worth the calories. But if applied properly they really do stave off over eating
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Going through my recipe box on here to see what I used to eat when I actually buckled down and lost weight back in the day. I had actually gotten under 200lbs back then and felt great. I was also a lot younger and had more support so that helped. I put the weight back on after my mom passed away due to severe depression and PTSD. So I know I can do it... I just don't know WHY I am struggling so much now with it.

This weeks meals:
    Pot Roast, carrots and onions, and mashed potatoes
    Loaded baked potatoes (light sour cream, cheese, bacon bits, and broccoli)
    Spaghetti with either a side salad or steamed broccoli

Working on next weeks meal plan too. It's Samhain so planning my feast while still trying not to go overboard.
  • Crabbyconnie123
    Crabbyconnie123 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Athijade wrote: »
    Going through my recipe box on here to see what I used to eat when I actually buckled down and lost weight back in the day. I had actually gotten under 200lbs back then and felt great. I was also a lot younger and had more support so that helped. I put the weight back on after my mom passed away due to severe depression and PTSD. So I know I can do it... I just don't know WHY I am struggling so much now with it.

This weeks meals:
    Pot Roast, carrots and onions, and mashed potatoes
    Loaded baked potatoes (light sour cream, cheese, bacon bits, and broccoli)
    Spaghetti with either a side salad or steamed broccoli

Working on next weeks meal plan too. It's Samhain so planning my feast while still trying not to go overboard.

The reason I came back is because I was just so tired of being tired…every day is a struggle but every day I am in control of what I eat is a huge victory!…and once you start building that chain of successful days and you can see your progress, things do get better and a little easier!
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,978 Member
    Options
    Today was vanilla yogurt with Cheerios, banana and a sprinkle of dried cranberries. Filling and felt like dessert 😋
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,927 Member
    Options
    hmmm... maybe that's what I should have (yogurt instead of a cliff bar!)
  • Athijade
    Options
    Thank you for the encouragement Connie!

I had a pack of peanut butter crackers for breakfast only because I had to take my antibiotics and they make me super nauseated if I don't eat. Otherwise I have been skipping breakfast because I really don't enjoy eating in the mornings. Never have.

Lunch will be either chicken alfredo from the deli OR some leftover mexican rice and beans from dinner last night. Dinner will likely be spaghetti and steamed broccoli (so fancy). Which reminds me I need to get the pasta sauce out of the freezer. The jar I had was so big that I had about half of it leftover last time I made pasta. So not the healthiest of days, but I feel like step one is being aware of what I am eating.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Sounds like a plan Athijade! I’m sorry about infection and antibiotics. Hopefthis round will work and you’ll feel better.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    This being unwell thing is definitely not approved.
    Memo to us all: sickness and injuries ban to go in effect ASAP! 🤔
  • Athijade
    Options
    I roasted a chicken last night and made some glazed carrots and cornbread dressing. SO good. One of the best roasted chickens I have made and the dressing was the perfect balance of sweet and savory, especially with some gravy. If I don't eat it all, I may try and freeze some into single meals.

• Yoolypr
    Options
    Nothing like a good satisfying meal to elevate your mood and well being!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    You peops COOK?!?!?!
    WOW! :love:
    I NUKED! :lol:
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Good work, Athijade! Maybe PAV can visit you and add roasted chicken to his menu options????

I went a bit crazy tonight and had RED soup for supper :) with some mozzarella and corn chips. Perfect for our cool weather. (Hope the green soup didn't see this :) )
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Does red mean go?🤷‍♂️🤔
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Good work, Athijade! Maybe PAV can visit you and add roasted chicken to his menu options???

I meant for "cooking" lessons more than visiting you for dinner 😁

• lauriekallis
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Red Soup - little black beans, tomatoes, carrots, lots and lots of spinach, red peppers + a tin of chipotles. Perfect antidote to the cold damp yesterday 🔥
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Black beans and Spinach---> red?🤔
    Green soup is more green than red is red!😎
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    We went to a kosher deli for lunch today after hubby’s cardiologist appt. He got a clean bill of health. To celebrate we had pastrami sandwiches on marble rye with good brown mustard - small ones but still….. Not too calorific but evening meal was light to compensate.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Black beans and Spinach---> red?🤔
    Green soup is more green than red is red!😎

But - it looks red!!!! Noone believes there is so much spinach
  • Athijade
    Options
    Yesterday was a tbone steak, baked potato, and roasted zucchini for Samhain. I only had about 3/4 of the steak and half the potato so will be making steak hash with eggs tomorrow night. Tonight will be more of the leftover chicken.