Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Options

Replies

• Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,986 Member
    Options
    I know myself too well to go anywhere advertising all-you-can-eat. Nothing good can come of that!!!

I will not be going to the buffet on the cruise ship next week. Too much temptation there. The dining room meals are more than enough to deal with.
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    Oh my.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I’m wide awake in the middle of the night thinking it might sneak out of bed and grab a few omens from the kitchen. I’m feeling almost saintly 🤣
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Lol… make that almonds. But I really kind of like omens so I won’t go back and edit! I wish to see how this adventure turns out 😁
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,939 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Hmmm nighttime omens sounds like it may include some danger of consumption.

Didn't take fur face out to get sleep....but a bit too full to sleep so wasted opportunity

Oh well I hope the almonds were good and low in quantity.... and I'm off to bed
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Maybe 7??? 8??? a few rather than a handful. Yesterday was a big walking day and the restaurant we planned on going to for dinner was closed so we ended up stopping at McDonald’s. Vegetarian options are pretty slim. So dinner was an ice cream cone… and a few fries 🙂 part of me knew i needed more nutrition than that!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,566 Member
    Options
    I am back to the night-shift life, so I slept til almost 3pm.

Pre-work meal is a big plate of eggs and egg white scrambled in some non stick spray and half a tablespoon of butter for flavor. No sugar added ketchup on top. Plus 2 big cups of coffee with half and half.

Work food is small pickles, 2 cheese sticks (colby jack and mozzarella), a pack of zero sugar beef jerky, lemon Greek yogurt, sugar free jello and a Cafe Latte Protein shake.

Mostly I didn't feel like meal prepping, so this will be my food tomorrow and Thursday too, lol

• Yoolypr
    Options
    Nic -Any chance of work in some fruits and veggies? Perhaps some berries in the yogurt. An apple or orange? Carrot sticks. Just something that doesn’t require prep while you’re doing night shift.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Berries would be low carb but not necessarily apples or oranges. Celery sticks or cucumbers or broccoli or cauliflower crowns would be less carbs then carrots if I recall correctly from back in the days when family members did Atkins
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    Yoolypr wrote: »
    Nic -Any chance of work in some fruits and veggies? Perhaps some berries in the yogurt. An apple or orange? Carrot sticks. Just something that doesn’t require prep while you’re doing night shift.

My husband did the grocery shopping this weekend and I've been trying to avoid an extra trip to the store, lol. Normally I would have berries or veggies like Cucumber, peppers, cauliflower, etc
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    Also, frying the eggs and skipping the sugar-free ketchup today. It tasted like tomato paste, ugh
  • PAV8888
    Options
    I'm jelly that your kid can make chicken parm in the first place... without even taking the measuring and weighing the ingredients for you into account! Definitely awesome kid of the day award!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Good on you Scout for raising a man who can cook!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Hubby and I celebrated our 49th anniversary yesterday. It was low key because we’re off to Hawaii next week. He made a shrimp and eggs breakfast. I made ricotta and spinach stuffed shells for dinner. Topped off the day with hubby’s cinnamon coffee cake from the freezer.
  • scoutmom1981
    scoutmom1981 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Happy Anniversary @Yoolypr 49 years is a huge accomplishment!

I know you are going to have an amazing time in Hawaii!
  • PAV8888
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Wowzers

GO TEAM YOOLY!

CONGRATULATIONS
    to you and
    to one of my favourite grocery store deal seeking guys!

And what a nice menu! :smiley:
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Congratulations Mrs. & Mr. Yooly!!!

Lots of great menus here today!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    everyone quiet here...
    I prepared a "carnitas kit", it claims to be about 1500 Cal (3x480 "portions"). I fluffed up the sad portion of included frozen bunnies using the only "low cal" frozen bunnies I could find... some cauli rice. The only other veggies around appear to be the puppy's squash and a couple of bags of higher Cal peas, so no good as add-on veggies. I will have to check on how many cals come from the tortillas as the kit had 264g of tortillas in there....

Anyway. Best before was end of August... so it HAD to go! :wink: it tastes... ok. Not my first choice for the calories which I guess also highlights how seldom I venture towards Tex-Mex type food :blush: