Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Options

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,939 Member
    Options
    I'm checking out the ninja CREAMi :lol:

err... Today I had stuff that is TOO WEIRD TO NAME :blush:
    but which mainly involved my leftover "lite/blue menu" vegetarian lasagna, the leftover yellow and green nuked wax beans, the kohlrabi spirals I bought yesterday, half a white onion, and some turkey pepperoni plus some harissa paste...all this doesn't sound safe for work now, does it?!?!?!?! :pensive:
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,986 Member
    Options
    The meal-with-no-name? Where does the inspiration for these meals come from PAV? Hope it was at least tasty and filling.

Ninja Creami - hmmm. Will you make enough ice cream or creami stuff to make it worthy of counter space? McD cones seem to be your default and well researched.

We had a Cuisine-art ice cream maker that I just gave away. It did a great job but honestly was only used maybe a dozen times. Gathering all the ingredients, cranking up the machine, freezer time to harden..... a good store bought lite works just fine for me. Less clean up too.
    But if you’re a frozen goodies aficionado, go for it. Maybe some yogurt concoctions?
  • PAV8888
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Pfffft ..... at this rate I will NOT get to buy ANY appliance this year! 🧐🤓 I think y'all are conspiring to reduce my consumer spending to ensure cccgg doesn't go home errrr under fed in October! 🫣

Of course vanilla cones have had a recent 10 unit sample haven't they now.... and they still run at $1 till next week when they will double in price!!!!!🙀💩

Was thinking I could freeze the yogurt and some fruit and it would chop and curb it up into ice creamy but then you have to clean it up and all that jazz and probably won't take the 750g yogurt will it 😳😳😳
  • Yoolypr
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Spend your money on the delightful, long-suffering CCCGG who surely deserves it.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Double pfffffttttt..... how come no one is siding with the long suffering PAV here, huh?!!!!! Admittedly this year's start delays were more PAV related than anyone else. But the end of date time limits :anguished: are not imposed by PAV!!!!

I sadly have to admit that counter space is a premium commodity. And once something is not on the counter it is as if it doesn't exist in my world :blush:

Oh well. Soaking some 51g of wild dried mushrooms because they WERE on the counter. No idea what to make with them later. Having vague ideas of combining into some sort of rice like.... hmm... I do have a frozen Japanese rice dinner in the freezer clocking in at 420 Cal for a pitifully small pouch (probably not my best ever Costco buy). Could fluff it up with shrooms and maybe some riced cauli... or make some souplike thingy with the shrooms..... hmmm..... or pasta-like? hmmm.... I have to get the hamsters working on all that!

Oh... the left over meal? Well... it was left overs. And on rare occasions mental blocks do happen and staring at the stuff in the fridge doesn't strike much of a cord. :flushed:

Now that you didn't mention it, I think I will boil up some eggs and make some yogurt egg salad... maybe get some potatoes and turn it into a POTATO-EGG salad!!! Maybe with some harissa instead of sriracha! But .... then the mushrooms will be left soaking on the vine!!!!
  • Yoolypr
    edited September 2023
    Options
    At worst you can drain and pat dry the soaked mushrooms 🍄. Then freeze in small packets to be quickly added to future meals.

Oh - and planes travel from Vancouver to Athens in both directions. So it might be good for you to alternate visits?
  • PAV8888
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Pfffft..... beat up on PAV club.

One rice dish with the japanese chicken yakitory rice, chicken removed, most of the mushrooms, 393g of cauliflower rice (I knew the bag was too fluffy for the 340g label), most of 84g of onion, most of a konjac sticky rice pouch

One soup dish with a Japanese "dashi" package, the rest of the sticky rice and mushrooms and onions, the chicken all in some of the soaked mushroom juice!

All together under 1000 Cal looking respectably substantial and not tasting half bad at all for the rice and waiting for someone's return. soup was a bit week in flavor hence the dashi pack.... now for a vanilla cone on the way out!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,566 Member
    Options
    Today is a biiiig Caesar salad. The marzetti simply 50 dressing is good, and I added a couple tablespoons of real bacon bits. Also coffee and cream for breakfast.

Dinner will be a 8oz fairly mean burger patty, 2 slices of 2% deli American cheese, a thick slice of grilled onion, mustard and sugar free BBQ sauce
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Now is that mean, or is it lean, or is it a lean mean eating machine?🤨😆🤣
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    I had to wait till the morning to comment on your cooking projects, PAV. It is still behind comment… such a whirlwind of ideas and ingredients 🙂

I haven’t had that egg / potato / yogurt salad in awhile. Might make some of that when I get back home and have a good supply of it in the fridge for my first week post-op. It sounds so good!

I think McDonald’s vanilla cones are about the best bet - even at two bucks - and they will leave you all that counter space clear for other things. More mushrooms???
  • PAV8888
    Options
    So.... ALL of it happened yesterday! :lol: But then again sparky DID lift her paws up in the air too by the end of day!!!! AND I have loads of leftovers!

The soup was surprisingly not bad at all and it hit the spot (and took the edge off) when I walked back in a little bit too far gone for comfort.

So yes, the paltry ~51g / ~137 Cal of dried assorted mushrooms hit well above its calorie range IF you can tolerate errr..... big chunks if slimy mushrooms? Which SOME of us... CAN, of course! (advanced cooking technique... slicing the mushrooms?!?!!?!? :lol: )

Did go with yellow mustard and sriracha instead of to harissa for the egg potato salad. The eggs (180g) are under-represented vs the 430g of potato... so it a potato salad with trace of egg instead of an egg salad bulked up with potato! Oh well.

The $1.99 :angry: :anguished::rage: vanilla cone (but I did get it using points for $0! :smiley:) vanilla cone was actually supersized again... but paws in air helped scoop up enough of it I only logged a standard size one!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Now is that mean, or is it lean, or is it a lean mean eating machine?🤨😆🤣

I was afraid it would be mean, as lean hamburger patties often are, but instead it was super delicious. Not dry at all, and flavorful.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    Husband and I went out last night, saw Oppenheimer (which was interesting but I would have enjoyed more had the AC in the theater been working) then went to a nice steakhouse. Things I ate:

Raspberry absolut vodka with soda and 3 lime wedges (while we waited at the bar for our table).
    Thin slice of hot, crusty white bread with a smear of herbed butter.
    Side house salad with bacon and diced hard boiled egg. Got my ranch on the side, did the dip and stab, which works surprisingly well for flavor without coating the whole salad.
    Grilled Asparagus with steakhouse butter (so good)
    6oz center Cut filet mignon. Medium-rare. So, so so tender and delicious. Best steak I've eaten in a restaurant. And I mopped up the steakhouse butter left on the plate with some of it. I was logging the calories so I might as well.

Whole dinner was just over 1000 calories, but I budgeted for it by going light and protein heavy early in the day, plus we shared a half gallon of ice cold diet coke during the movie, lol.

Only change I would make was cutting out the bread and butter, it was good but not that good. I'd have a second drink instead, if I wasn't driving :)

Dinner tonight is not as exciting.
    Boneless pork chops, garden salad with lemon vinaigrette and Parmesan, roasted broccoli
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Sounds like a delightful evening!

Bought regular yogurt for the first time in a long time... my have I ever become snooty. Too watery for my taste!

Have been much more religious than normal trying to stay within calories.... And this is reflected on very slight downward trend, which of course did not stop the 1 lb scale increase between yesterday and today.

Had 45 g of obnoxious not made by me one cup peanut butter, one cup sugar and one egg cookies plus a few left overs that were logged into yesterday ... And planning to meet with a friend for early dinner so wish I'll see how the rest of the day goes
  • PAV8888
    Options
    The cookies are obnoxious, of course, because they exist and have too many calories... not because of their taste profile! :rage: And whether I wish to or not, I still hope that we shall all see how the rest of the day goes! :wink:
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Oh my - peanut butter cookies. They so freeze well but I admit they’re tasty even in a frozen state!

Lunch today was an air fried chicken patty (Costco), peas and carrots, salad 🥗. And a few smiles potatoes 63647k4go6vj.jpeg
    I had only one serving which was air fried too.
    Dinner was tuna salad on romaine lettuce.

I’m still working on eating the recommended maintenance calories for my goal weight. Hoping weight will slowly go down. It’s about 8 pounds of regain that needs to GO.
    I’ve decided to not count exercise calories from my gym days because it’s not that many calories and serves as a buffer for logging mistakes.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Sounds like a good plan.

Even with exercise and counting self as sedentary it will be very slow unless you have a lot left to lose.

Remember that MFP sedentary is an activity factor of 1.25 and probably already captures incidental movement that corresponds to 3500 or so steps / 35+ min of moderate activity. Usually I figure that lightly active will start above the 5k step equivalence
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Da news is NOT great at a bit more than 2500 Cal for a meal!

Da last piece of 119g fish was definitely NOT needed (and it was un-ordered) but I sadly have to self report that it was still eaten with only a token 16g of batter left behind!

Scale was there but so was quantity! The one thing I can't complain about is calories for the dollar! But I am fairly sure that that's not a thing to be going for!

Fries are probably a few less calories than logged since they were cooked from fresh (not frozen); but fish was probably a few more Cal since it felt a bit more greasy than normal/expected.

06c6y38nvffc.png

I definitely don't see today quite balancing out though I am hoping to bring it in at no more than 1000 Cal above maintenance.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    That was quite the feast Mr. PAV! Hopefully tomorrow will be better?
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Who is dumb enough to order all your can eat fish and chips even if it is "light" batter (yeah right, light!)🤣