January 5 Sign In

Options
1235»

Replies

• dsgoingtodoit
    dsgoingtodoit Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Yes x's 3 -
    I like that saying you posted Rick... it truly is about mindfulness when consuming. Enjoy what you are eating...Do it consciously... and just be aware of it... I take great joy in knowing where I am in my day...and I really like sharing this good habit with my kids. They don't track - but when they are older - I know they will have tools to help them sooner in life to avoid some of my pitfalls.
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? YES (outdoor walk)
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? YES
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? YES
  • hollyroregon
    hollyroregon Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, walk and dancing
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes, about 50 cal short today
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?yes
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    Are you familiar with Miranda Esmonde White and "Essentrics" or "Classical Stretch". I absolutely love her program - so much stretching/strength/toning/balance. She focuses on things like feet and hips. I feel so much better after one of her workouts!

I don’t know this one. There are a lot of good programs out there and I’m glad you found one that works for you. The program I follow is specifically aimed at people who do Jiu Jitsu so targets areas we often struggle with, and this works best for me, while it would probably not be the best choice for everyone.

@lesdarts180 Sending much love to you, your son and the rest of the family.
  • fatbambi2017
    fatbambi2017 Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    @RangerRickL it's amazing! It's a Rosemary Conley dvd combining salsa dancing and exercise, I have 2 left feet but can do this, used to do it years ago and have just got back to it
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,243 Member
    Options
    Mrs_Hoffer wrote: »

@biketheworld THANKS for posting about Miranda Esmonde White and "Essentrics" or "Classical Stretch". I really need to add this to my morning routine. My joints are so stiff in the morning when I get up….. I definitely need to add stretching/strength/toning/balance. I'll check her out today. Thanks again.

Lots of PBS stations carry her 1/2 hour show - usually go by the name Classical Stretch. I think she has some short freebie videos on-line. I like her so much I pay the subscription so I can access all her stuff. I can't believe how good they make me feel!
  • Lilutz
    Lilutz Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Mrs_Hoffer wrote: »
    Lilutz wrote: »
    For the month of January, I am adding a FOURTH criteria for myself each day: DID YOU GET 10,000 STEPS?

Yes x 4! 46 minutes of jog/walking.

@Lilutz I love that idea!! :smiley: I shoot for 15k every day.

01/05:

⭐️ EXERCISE: Yes.
    ⭐️ CALORIES: Yes.
    ⭐️ TRACK: Yes.
    ⭐️ 15k+ steps? Yes.

PASS: 0/3

This morning I bounced on the mini trampoline for 35 mins!! I also did 30 mins walking on the treadmill at 3.5mph (then addl 20 mins at 3.0); and 120 mins tonight giving massages.

Yep, my world is fewer than 900 square feet since covid, so I walk a lot of circles. A far cry from my marathon days of yore!
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,292 Member
    Options
    January 5, 2021

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Kitchen Closed? Yes
    Pass day 0/3 (this is for accountability to myself and my records)
  • 19newbeginning
    19newbeginning Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Pass day #1 for me. I tracked, but I went slightly over on calories and didn't exercise. It was still a good day though -- I did a lot of meal prep, which will help me stay on track for the next couple of weeks.
  • KCJen
    KCJen Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    yes x 3
  • josefinejem
    josefinejem Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Exercise: no
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: no
  • tchnlrn1229
    tchnlrn1229 Posts: 21 Member