January 2021: Jump start, New year, New you! accountability thread :)

Options
weatherking2019
weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
edited December 2020 in Social Groups
Get a jump start on your health, fitness and adventure goals for 2021 with the support and camaraderie of a positive community!
43vwbc10cdg0.png

5'2"
CW: 115!
GW: 110
CBF: 22%
GBF: 19%

Replies

• CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    Was too afraid to get on scale but got enough nerve after breakfast so I’ll wait until tomorrow. I’m sure there a gain after an indulgent week, but I start repenting and regrouping NOW! About to do about 1 hour of weight training and hop on my newly acquired airdyne bike!
  • Cora0477
    Cora0477 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    5’4” 43
    1/01: 128.2

Happy New Year, Everyone!
  • kac0405
    kac0405 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    5’7
    CW: 149
    GW: 140

Happy New Year!
  • la_nanita
    la_nanita Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year.

42- 43 on 1/18/21!!!
    CW 138.2
    GW 125

Daily Goals:
    1. close the rings on my Apple Watch. Move-400, Exercise-30, Stand-10.
    2. Wake up at 445am on work days to workout
    3. Drink 8 cups of water
    4. Journal
    5. Read
  • l4a_p
    l4a_p Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    ME:
    31y * 5'9" * Weight goal: 63kg (138,89lbs)

Even though I am 5kg fatter than I was last January, I hope I lose them faster this time around. I especially hope to see a difference in my waist again. Was so happy when it was 75cm, and now it's back to 79. Gross.

GOALS
    1. Minimal intake of sugar (<30grams/day)
    2. Get back into the fasting routine
    3. Have 2-3 adjacent keto days every week
    4. Alcohol only in the weekends
    5. Reach 70.x kg by month's end

WEIGHT
    2 Jan: 72.3kg
  • SarahsHustle
    SarahsHustle Posts: 96 Member
    Options

5'5
    CW: 142.2 (currently bloated!)
    GW: 137

I will weigh myself weekly to keep myself accountable to my goal
    1.2.21: 142.2
    1.9.21:
    1.16.21:
    1.23.21:
    1.30.21:
  • la_nanita
    Options
    l4a_p wrote: »
    ME:

Even though I am 5kg fatter than I was last January, I hope I lose them faster this time around. I especially hope to see a difference in my waist again. Was so happy when it was 75cm, and now it's back to 79. Gross.

GOALS

WEIGHT

Do you have 2-3 keto style carbs a week? I used to do keto and it worked well for me but I don’t want to be as restricted with my food. If this is what you mean, I kinda like that idea. I may have to steal it. Lol.
  • RobinAlex666
    RobinAlex666 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'8"
    CW: 162
    January GW: 157

I weighed myself just before I hopped into bed for tonight and it's looking as gross as I feel. I ate junk, drank loads of sugar and didn't work out for the past 2 weeks. I'm ready to get back on my workout grind and back to my normal diet.
  • l4a_p
    l4a_p Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    la_nanita wrote: »
    l4a_p wrote: »
    ME:

GOALS

WEIGHT

Do you have 2-3 keto style carbs a week? I used to do keto and it worked well for me but I don’t want to be as restricted with my food. If this is what you mean, I kinda like that idea. I may have to steal it. Lol.

@la_nanita Hiya! I know keto works wonderfully well (and science backs it up according to my own research) but I also know I can't do it forever, for the same reasons as you: I don't want to be permanently restricted. So I usually do 1-2 days no carbs/high fat, where I don't even count kcal; followed by a longer fast (24-36h), which gives me a total of 3 days keto basically. And the rest of the week I do count kcal, but I do allow myself liberally low kcal (<120gram). I have found in the past this works really well for me personally and it's easy to maintain because it allows for both my pitfalls: eat lots (keto days) and eat grains (kcal restrict days).

If you decide to do something similar, let me know! I'm curious to hear how it goes for you.

• jcello65
    jcello65 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'3"
    CW:150
    GW: 125

Goals:
    -Track ALL calories every day
    -Workout after dinner 6x/week
    -2 glasses of water with each meal
    -1 hike or other outdoor activity per weekend

• la_nanita
    Options

[/quote]

If you decide to do something similar, let me know! I'm curious to hear how it goes for you.

[/quote]

I am going to try the Bulletproof Diet to begin with, Not quite keto but it includes all of the science, actually done by the guy that invented the bulletproof coffee.
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    BMI: 25,9
    CW: 75.5 - the result of 10 days of "intuitive eating " :wink:
    January GW: 73.0
    GW: 71.0

04/01: 75.5 - I think the first kg will drop off very fast, as it is the result of sugar, fat and salt overload of the last few days.
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    @l4a_p : still struggling with the shoulder injury, but it is healing as expected. For the rest: life is as Covid usual: still no diving or travelling but LOADS of walks instead - feels like a pensioner :wink:
  • rianneonamission
    rianneonamission Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year! May this year bring you good health and a return to some form of normality.

Height: 5'10"
    HW: 183lbs (Fri 24th March 2017)
    SW Jan 2021: 176.6lbs (1st Jan weigh in)
    Ultimate goal: Not sure. Starting with 164lbs as that has previously been my sweet spot.
    Jan goal: Below 174lbs

6th Jan:
    13th Jan:
    20th Jan:
    27th Jan:

And I’m back. Again. I know I keep saying it. I have started Happy Scale again, and signed up to MFP premium to help force my hand a little. One of my issues with staying active here is that work has been so busy for so long now and with the app being rubbish for accessing MFP community I often just don’t bother. I need to change that attitude and make time for it.

I haven’t been too crazy over Christmas & New Year, but not good either. Kept exercising though. I started the year with a 5k run on Friday, followed by a 4k run yesterday (breaking in new shoes). Tonight I have an outdoor PT session and we are about to go on a lunchtime walk.

My main goal this year is to keep strength training going and to run at least one 5k a week, ideally two, with the aim of slowly creeping towards the 30 min mark. 36:20 is what I am on at the moment.

In lieu of the usual Christmas fun (office party etc) we received a gift voucher for a recipe box service (Mindful Chef, if you’re in the UK). We got our first delivery today and they are calorie controlled meals. What’s even better is that, instead of just sending you the recipe cards for the meals you order, you get a booklet with all the week’s recipes. That’s 20 in total, so even more new (and hopefully tasty) meals to try. We are keeping our fruit & veg boxes (Oddbox and Abel & Cole) on order every other week too, with it being lockdown and all. Numbers locally are awful so we’re trying to limit exposure.

Any Garmin users up for connecting, I think this is the link to my profile. I know it’s not as good as Fitbit community, but I’m trying to use it regardless.
  • la_nanita
    Options
    I agree with @rianneonamission the app is so hard to try and do community. I am trying to find a group of new friends to add and have accountability with. Hopefully I can find a few of them in this group. I am trying to be active, not just in life but also on MFP.
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Good to see you all!
    Happy new year and hope we all have a better one✨

5'2"
    CW: 115!
    GW: 110
    CBF: 22%
    GBF: 19%

1/4 still the same.
    I’m loading up with veggies and less alcohol this month.
    Hope to kickstart my system as I realize I maybe in that premenopausal stage. 😑
    But I’m still kicking it! Going to stick to it!
    b3mrla3wk11j.png
  • tracimckinney
    tracimckinney Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    5'5", 54

Goal weight for Jan: 130 lbs

1/4: 133 lbs