This January “I Will...”. NEWCOMERS, begin here!

Options

Replies

• nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,648 Member
    Options
    Hydration: January. M morning, A afternoon, N night
    1 M🌟 A🌟 N🌟
    2 M🌟 A🌟 N🌟
    3 M🌟 A🌟 N🌟
    4 M🌟 A🌟 N🌟
    5 M🌟 A🌟 N🌟
    6 M🌟 A🌟 N🌟
    7 M🌟 A🌟 N🌟
    8 M🌟 A🌟 N🌟
    Tweak: log M and N only
    9 M🌟 N🌟
    10 M🌟 N🌟
    11 M🌟 N🌟
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,981 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

Question for you!!

What are you doing to CHEER yourself on?

Please share!

❤️Maddie
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    Good Morning my friends from FROZEN Tx..

1/1 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟 F 🌟, B 🌟
    1/2 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟 F 🌟, B 🌟
    1/3 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟 F 🌟, B 🌟
    1/4 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟 F 🌟, B 🌟
    1/5 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟 F 🌟, B 🌟
    1/6 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟 F 🌟, B 🌟
    1/7 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟 F NA 🌟, B x
    1/8 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟 F 🌟, B 🌟
    1/9 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟 F 🌟, B 🌟
    1/10 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟 F 🌟, B 🌟
    1/11 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟 F 🌟, B 🌟

Hard to believe Jan is almost halfway done. We had a friggin snow day from work yesterday. Yes even remote I have to take a snow day if the factory is closed. But actually I did a fair amount of work so I haven't input any vacation. LOL

As far as rewards, I try not to think of specific things as rewards but actually the activities themselves give me pride and of course hopefully my reward for this habit set will be less dental decay and healthy gums. The makeup removal and bed prep are really directed towards helping to set me up for a better night's sleep.

@nebslp an onion hydration sounds interesting. LOL. In our family we have a traditional recipe called onion cookies which each branch practices. Last year July 4 my niece in Dallas sent me a batch but put my neighbors address on accidently. My neighbor refuses to pick up his mail so she got them back around Xmas after 6 MONTHS of being in the dead post office I guess. ANyway, I digress. Here is my older sister teaching her grandchildren proper methods of making them. (they are actually more like chips but we call them cookies) No I don't have the recipe handy. lol.
    And they definitely HYDRATE the eyes.
    bjhxvmqkj4lq.png
    z3c40pj21cz1.png
    69indcpkrq1d.png

• MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,981 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

Question for you!!

What are you doing to CHEER yourself on?

Please share!

❤️Maddie

@SummerSkier “As far as rewards, I try not to think of specific things as rewards but actually the activities themselves give me pride and of course hopefully my reward for this habit set will be less dental decay and healthy gums. The makeup removal and bed prep are really directed towards helping to set me up for a better night's sleep.”

Summer, I am not a fan of rewards either. Totally agree with you.

I was asking what do you do to CHEER yourself on....

I few things I have done or do...
    Posting sticky notes inside pantry door
    “Hooray! 154.2 Sept 14, 2020!!!”

“You did it! 150.1 May 2 2019”

Some of them (they are still up there were in the mid to high 160’s & whenever I see them
    I remember how hard I got to that normal BMI number of 166 AND I narvel that I’m
    10-13 lbs lower now!”

I’ll do some positive affirmations of my body - clothed or unclothed - when I catch it in the mirror. “What stomach?!” “See, you still have boobs LOL” (This was a fear of mine.)

I also do a lot of positive self talk. “Great food choices.. you halved your sugar level Bravo!”

SO, EVERYONE LEt’s share our positive self talk & self-cheers!

❤️❤️❤️
    Maddie
  • nebslp
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 I'm not a great cheerleader for myself but when I finish up a project I will recognize that I did a good job and allow myself to enjoy that feeling for a minute. In the next breath, I say "is there something that would make it even better" not as a judgment but more of pushing myself to another level. Maybe I should work on that?! Rewards are also internal. I enjoy the feeling of tired muscles after a workout or just a satisfied feeling of having done what I said I would.

@SummerSkier The first mention of an onion cookie had me (where's the gag icon???)! But when you said they're like chips it was all good. And the picture makes them look like crackers. Sounds better all the time! :smiley: However I'm not ready to start an onion hydration at any time soon. Love the goggles (so funny and wise)! And what's up with your neighbor not getting the mail?? Maybe they've had a bad surprise before :neutral: I haven't checked my home page so am wondering if you got your snowy run in today.

I forgot to use lotion this morning so I'm counting my early afternoon as a win. I'm kind of a perfectionist so feel guilty if I don't do things exactly according to Hoyle, but I'm working on easing up on that. But apparently I'm feeling enough guilt to confess it (eye roll)! I cleaned up the ancient home gym grease that had gummed things up and should be able to have a smoother time with it.

I'm really beating myself up for not doing more to accomplish my weight and exercise goals during the pandemic. I gained about 7 pounds and they stuck. Easter is 3 months away and by then we might be able to emerge back into the world, so I am going to put the stick away and get to work now.

Hope everyone is doing well and that we will hear from everyone soon.
  • nebslp
    Options
    Hydration: January. M morning, A afternoon, N night
    1 M🌟 A🌟 N🌟
    2 M🌟 A🌟 N🌟
    3 M🌟 A🌟 N🌟
    4 M🌟 A🌟 N🌟
    5 M🌟 A🌟 N🌟
    6 M🌟 A🌟 N🌟
    7 M🌟 A🌟 N🌟
    8 M🌟 A🌟 N🌟
    Tweak: log M and N only
    9 M🌟 N🌟
    10 M🌟 N🌟
    11 M🌟 N🌟
    12 M🌟 N🌟
  • nebslp
    Options
    @SuperMotivated56. You are doing great! Love the baby fist pump!!
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    Good Morning my friends from thawed Tx..

still feeling a little "put upon" by the extra things I added in the evening. Not sure they will stick.. :( But just keepin on for now and pushing thru.

1/1 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟 F 🌟, B 🌟
    1/2 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟 F 🌟, B 🌟
    1/3 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟 F 🌟, B 🌟
    1/4 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟 F 🌟, B 🌟
    1/5 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟 F 🌟, B 🌟
    1/6 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟 F 🌟, B 🌟
    1/7 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟 F NA 🌟, B x
    1/8 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟 F 🌟, B 🌟
    1/9 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟 F 🌟, B 🌟
    1/10 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟 F 🌟, B 🌟
    1/11 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟 F 🌟, B 🌟
    1/12 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟 F 🌟, B 🌟
    1/13 = M 🌟, Noon 🌟, N 🌟 F 🌟, B 🌟
  • nebslp
    edited January 2021
    Options
    @SummerSkier it takes determination to push through those days when you’re not feeling it. You’ve got it!
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    yeah and @nebslp it takes a lot more to realize those pounds have crept up and are staying and it's time to do something. 7 is reasonable. If it got to 10 I would be depressed. What is your plan?
  • nebslp
    Options
    @SummerSkier thanks for asking. I need to log everything again. I need to order a battery for my food scale. I need to stay strong when nighttime comes and have healthy go to foods ready. I need to work out every day. Chips go on a plate with meals only. That’s the current plan starting tomorrow! I need to take better care of myself so I can start going on trips again and keep up once this crazy pandemic is over. I registered for my shot today😃
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,764 Member
    Options
    End of week 2 of 2012

January 1 - net carbs 107g 🎖
    January 2 - net carbs 81g 🎖
    January 3 - net carbs 82g 🎖
    January 4 - net carbs 76g 🎖
    January 5 - net carbs 81g 🎖
    January 6 - net carbs 85g 🎖
    January 7- net carbs 65g 🤩🎖
    January 8 - net carbs 94g 🎖
    January 9 - net carbs 69g 🎖
    January 10 - net carbs 98g🎖
    January 11 - net carbs 100g🎖
    January 12 - net carbs 104g 🎖
    January 13 - net carbs 81g 🎖
    January 14 - net carbs 75g 🎖

Sorry I’ve not been commenting, lots of things are happening about my BILs estate, and so I’ve been doing a lot related to that. Making progress on that is encouraging!

Sticking to my goals. This week I haven’t got to do any strength workouts, hoping to get back to that.

l2kycqs4io7s.jpeg

• SummerSkier
    Options
    @77tes looks like the carbs are going well. Is this long term or just for a short period to change something?

@nebslp I am awful about chips. I just don't buy them. I even tried bagging them in individual serving packages. HAhahaha. But I like your plan. And so happy to hear you are able to get your vaccine soon. I fear I am at the end of a long wait but they did start "mentioning" it at work so perhaps (best case!) we would be able to get it thru work on a schedule at some point. Essential workers and all that.

I am continuing my vacation Fridays. Sort of like move it Monday's. I have a few chores to be done but mostly I want to soak my feet and try to work on the huge cracks on my heels. No pedi's here for almost over a year but I did purchase a foot spa thingy. I just hate filling it and dumping it etc. I have been using Nu skin on the heels but like my fingers the cracks come every single winter. grrrrr...

Summer
  • nebslp
    Options
    @77tes Your resolve looks very strong and your numbers are consistent :)

@SummerSkier I don't buy chips either but right now there are 3 bags on the frig that I will choose to ignore. For years I've used "Avon Moisture Therapy - Intensive healing and repairing hand cream for extra dry skin". Some people don't like it because it stays on your skin awhile and feels greasy before it melts into it and makes it all smooth and silky. It definitely makes a difference on those tough heels and fingers. I bought a huge conspicuous bottle of Aveeno for my goal and that's been good, too.

• SummerSkier
    Options
    @nebslp today was spa day with a bit of extraneous cleaning added. I have continued taking Fri's off work altho I check in just because it is relaxing. So I needed to trim and gel coat my nails and I decided to do the foot spa.

I use those gallon water plastic jugs to fill it. I put some palmolive (remember those commercials!) in with the water and some antiseptic soap and filled the jug. Put it down in the middle of the kitchen while I did a few more things. Turned around to find that it was SERIOUSLY Leaking. So that lead to scrubbing the kitchen floor because hey... why not? ANyway, after soaking my feet for about 30 minutes I put some of my strongest lotion on covered with saran wrap and then my slippers. I will let the heels stay like that until tonight I think. The one really has a crack that hurts... :( pout snivel whine.

I haven't tried the Avon moisture therapy but I have tried a LOT of things. The one that seems to work best for me (none of them really work miracles) is Okeefes working hands in a little green tub. But later after I ride I think I might need to coat the crack which hurts with nu skin. At least my heels are no longer black.

too much info? LOL. Maybe. Did you find new batteries for the food scale? I still use mine all the time because eyeballing stuff like cereal is just stupid.

SummerAWFULwindtoday
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,764 Member
    Options
    I am trying to reduce carbs for the long run. Fortunately, my daughters are also reducing carbs so it’s nice to have support. My husband who is ever slim can be rather unsupportive.

@nebslp my husband has to have his chips, but fortunately his preference is Fritos which I can resist. If he insisted on Ruffles I’d have a hard time. Those I can’t have in the house.

@SummerSkier, Your spa day sounds great. LOL I remember those vintage Palmolive commercials
    https://youtu.be/V9AmIC5MyJY

• nebslp
    Options
    @SummerSkier 😲 🪣 💦 you’re such a good multitasker! I’ve heard the sedan wrap trick works for feet. What do you think? I had a friend who used vasaline on her feet at night and then wore socks to bed.

@77tes Madge brings back memories! The ‘70’s??!! I was just a baby then😂🤣🤣

Plan worked well today. Yes, I found a battery in the battery drawer😃for my food scale❣️
  • nebslp
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Seran , not sedan...it might be a bit too cumbersome if you wore a sedan on your feet unless it was VERY compact 🚗 🙄
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    Hi, Everyone,

After a gentle nudge from @SummerSkier (thank you!), I'm going to jump in again with medication tracking. The "gold star method" seems to work for me, so I'll stick with that.

1/15/21: M 🌟

Now I need to go back and read through this thread. Happy Saturday, Everyone! 💕