Jumpstart January 2021

Options

Replies

• rfsatar
    rfsatar Posts: 599 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    maureli wrote: »

How do you girls make the check marks and x's? I looked in the emojis and don't see them there?
    I use https://getemoji.com/ and cut and paste them
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    @maureli I use the web version of MFP and just right click with the mouse for emoji options.

For 1/7/21
    1) Log food and exercise daily ✔❌ (did not exercise)
    2) Cal deficit of 500 ❌ only around 350
    3) Total carbs under 50 ✔

SW 176
    CW 173
    GW 169

Since I'm down three the first week I think my goal is reachable.

• goodasgoldilox165
    goodasgoldilox165 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Yesterday :
    LCHF meals :)<3
    Hiking 1hr+ :)
    Rowing not done yet :/
  • jennordhavn
    jennordhavn Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    1/7
    1. Track everything ✅
    2. 55-70 G protein ✅ (69 G)
    3. Under 50 net carbs ✅ (29 net)
    4. 1200 -1250 calories ❌ (1,370)
    5. 64 oz water/decaf liquids ✅ (64 oz)
    6. Lose 6 1/2 pounds ❌ (5.2 so far)
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    I haven't been posting. But my nose HAS been to the grindstone diet/exercise-wise. Dealing with MFP issues here plus helping deal with a user harassment situation, homeschooling, and being severely annoyed with events in my country... :weary:
    Anyway, I'm being good.
    I hope to be back regular posting soon.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    rfsatar wrote: »
    maureli wrote: »

How do you girls make the check marks and x's? I looked in the emojis and don't see them there?
    I use https://getemoji.com/ and cut and paste them

AWESOME! Thanks!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,348 Member
    Options
    Woohoo I am back on the weight loss train ... gained 6 lbs in December ...and loss 2 lbs this morning ... making it a 40lb loss .... Happy to be back on Keto ... I received my keto Krate boxes yesterday ...I am excited to try their snacks ...I will be having walnut brownies later today :)
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    1/7
    Calories and carbs 👍🏻 Good day for being under on both categories. Had a great move day as well which is surprising because I slept awful and didn’t exercise until later in the day.
    Protein over 100g👍🏻 I probably could have had more protein to feel more full rather than supplementing with nuts after dinner.

It’s been a good week but the challenge will be the weekend. I’ll not be surprised if I step on the scale early next week and my body says nope, not letting it go...
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    I'm still here. Flaring so just doing the best I can. Food is all good, exercise and even hitting 5000 steps very hit and miss. Went to Saturday market along the road this morning, normally a 10 min walk. Whole excursion took me an hour because I was moving so slow :lol::cry:

I'm feet up, and trying to think of the easiest low cal things to feed myself today (unfortunately ate the last piece of mushroom and spinach pie/quiche thing a couple of nights ago :\).
  • taylok23
    Options
    1/8
    Calories and carbs were both a bit over today thanks to my saboteur ordering appetizers with our carry out then claiming he needed help. I didn’t want to see it go to waste so helped out a bit and now am regretting it with a nice stomachache. I closed my rings so should still have a deficit.

Protein was good at about 147g for the day. It was so nice to be ‘back on the wagon’ this week with no cravings and the other adverse effects of eating carbs.
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    01/09
    January Goals:
    Start weight, January 1, 2021: 178.5
    Current weight: 177.0

✅1. Min. of 25k steps per day on weekends/days off
    ❌ 2. <40g carbs today? (42g today, I'm getting closer!)
    ✅ 3. Gluten Free today?
    ✅ 4. 60+ mins exercise: Yes. 20 mins on the rebounder; 120 mins walking outdoors; 135 mins giving massages
    ✅ 5. Have a minimum of 500 excess calories leftover at the end of the day.
    C25K program 3x per week. ✅✅✅
  • jennordhavn
    Options
    1/8
    1. Track everything ✅
    2. 55-70 G protein ✅ (exceeded at 92 G)
    3. Under 50 net carbs ✅ (38 net)
    4. 1200 -1250 calories ❌ (1,265)
    5. 64 oz water/decaf liquids ✅ (75.5 oz)
  • taylok23
    Options
    1/9
    Calories just a bit over but carbs were good and protein came in over 100g again. I closed all my watch rings but was feeling off today. Not sure if I’m feeling the calorie reduction or if it’s something else. I felt like I hadn’t eaten enough after dinner so had a snack and felt somewhat better. We’ll see how things go tomorrow- may be a rest day then I can get back after it on Monday.
  • jennordhavn
    Options
    1/9 - not a great day but I still tracked it!
    1. Track everything ✅
    2. 55-70 G protein ✅ (exceeded at 85 G)
    3. Under 50 net carbs ❌ (55 net)
    4. 1200 -1250 calories ❌❌ (1,826)
    5. 64 oz water/decaf liquids ❌ (40 oz)
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    For 1/8 and 1/9/21
    1) Log food and exercise daily ✔❌ (did not exercise)
    2) Cal deficit of 500 ❌ 146, 261
    3) Total carbs under 50 ✔ 38, 39

SW 176
    CW 173
    GW 169

Having a much better day today. We went for a 3 and a half mile hike plus we have bowling tonight. Broke in my new hiking boots today.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,348 Member
    Options
    1/9 food okay... walked 8.26 miles yesterday.. I pushed myself and my body isn't happy ... 1/10 food on point and definitely a rest day for me today :)
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    01/10
    January Goals:
    Start weight, January 1, 2021: 178.5
    Current weight: 177.0

✅1. Min. of 25k steps per day on weekends/days off
    ✅ 2. <40g carbs today? (42g today, I'm getting closer!)
    ✅ 3. Gluten Free today?
    ✅ 4. 60+ mins exercise: Yes. I walked 11 miles today (3.5 hours) to my best friend's house. My hubby met me there and we ordered pizza and played cards. (I had a salad).
    ✅ 5. Have a minimum of 500 excess calories leftover at the end of the day.
    C25K program 3x per week.
  • maureli
    maureli Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Ran on the treadmill this weekend, haven't done that in quite awhile. Went to supper on Friday night and I had a stuffed chicken breast with a garden salad. Thats my plus for the weekend but thats mostly it. I did not do great with my food yesterday and I didn't really track.
    Not bad up til then though. Will do better today!
  • taylok23
    Options
    1/10
    Calories and carbs under goal 👍🏻
    Protein over 100g 👎

My carbs were a bit higher than the rest of the week but not bad overall. Protein was just under 100 so not too worried. I had an okay move day but did not close that ring on my watch as I felt I needed some rest. Still feeling a bit blah but think it is the weather, work and decrease in calories. Will keep an eye on the calories as I may need to bump up a bit.