6. Lose 6 1/2 pounds ❌ (5.6 so far)
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    1/14
    Calories and carbs under goal ✅
    Protein over 100g ✅
    Watch rings closed ✅

Come on scale! Show me some goods news when I weigh in Tuesday. I’ll have to stay diligent over the weekend which has been a struggle lately.
  • rfsatar
    rfsatar Posts: 599 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Been a few days - mid-week ending tennis tournaments are WEIRD! Every tennis writer I know feels like we have been in limbo-land! Thank god for their 2 week quarantine in Melbourne.

Will be back at it on Monday - right knee continues to be a complete PITA. So much so I emailed my physio for advice (will be seeing him anyway at the end of the month and having shelled out for a new car battery and a forthcoming plumbers visit to fix my kitchen sink I can't afford to see him earlier).

So I got to Week 3 of C25K (I break down each week and build up 30sec at a time because of my knee) ... his advice is to repeat Week 3 in full for the next couple of weeks on the tready and spinbike, and then start Week 4 again this time starting at 3mins and then build up for the longer runs 30s at a time.

It is immensely frustrating but not surprising seeing as I have no cartilage in either of my knees and when I consider at the start I could barely run and walk for 10 mins, this is huge progress... but still.

Will be stopping Libre for a couple of weeks just to give the arms a break - numbers at the moment are in the green over the day so calculated absence from FBG and also again with no contracted work on the books, I can't afford it (self-funding).

Debating how to cover the Australian Open for my own website. Thinking of starting to work Aussie hours (bed by 5pm, up at midnight) for the warm-up QFs, SF and Finals.... and then two weeks of that ... so Sunday off to the supermarket for two weeks of fresh veggies and will also do A LOT of batch-cooking for the fortnight!

Phew - I know this was a bit of a moan but hoping a weekend of soft-supports on my knee will mean I can go back a week and get back on track.

ETA: Carbs have been between 100-150g consistently, logging within cals, not at ALL enough water so need to really remedy that.

• taylok23
    Options
    1/15
    Calories were on target yesterday but carbs were a bit higher than they have been. Protein was above 100g again. I had a good move day, closed all my watch rings and set a personal best exercise record. Starting to crave sweets a bit but haven’t given in.
  • janicelo1971
    janicelo1971 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Defiantly back to the basics! i maintained 120-126 pounds for the last 6 years on 1300 calories a day...I kept reading about how that was too low in calories and to "eat more to weigh less"..anyway, i thought lets give this a try over 6 months....i was told i would initially gain weight, but it would fall off...NOT...im at 140 and have never been this large! I sent up 7 sizes in clothes!! SO starting over with logging and going to try to go to 1400 calories a day since im not working out at all...but hoping to start getting in more steps and really focusing on fueling my body like I was in the past! Happy New Year to all of you!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,348 Member
    Options
    1/15 & 1/16 Food is good .......walked yesterday with Aspen the husky and will be doing the same today :)
  • jennordhavn
    jennordhavn Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    1/15
    1. Track everything ✅
    2. 55-70 G protein ✅ (59 G)
    3. Under 50 net carbs ✅ (24 net)
    4. 1200 - 1250 calories ❌ (1,504)
    5. 64 oz water/decaf liquids ❌ (57.5 oz)
    6. Lose 6 1/2 pounds ❌ (5.8 so far)
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    For 1/15
    1) Log food and exercise daily ✔(step aerobics)
    2) Cal deficit of 500 ✔ 499
    3) Total carbs under 50 ✔ 32

SW 176
    CW 173
    GW 169

Made some flax crackers last night, next batch must roll out thinner and bake longer. Hubby and I went to our local gym today, getting back in the habit since we are paying for it. Cleaning out a closet tomorrow. Need to do it before our hike or it won't get done lol.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    So long since I checked in! Can't be bothered scrolling back to find my list :lol:

Cals have been fine, minimum 500 but often 750. Have had a bit of carb creep recently with mucking around with this nutrition optimisation stuff, some cal creep with that too actually but has generally been countered with exercise. Have gotten out for walks most days, though often in the evening because summer finally got hot. That mucks up my sleep hygiene routine, so going to need to suck it up and do it earlier.

Have not done yoga nor ridden bike since last check in :\
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    01/15
    January Goals:
    Start weight, January 1, 2021: 178.5
    Current weight: 177.2

✅ 1. Min. of 15k steps per day (25k on weekends/days off)
    ❌ 2. <40g carbs today? No.
    ❌ 3. Gluten Free today?
    ✅ 4. 60+ mins exercise: Yes. I walked 55 mins on the treadmill at 3.0mph and did 15 mins on the rebounder as well as giving a 60 min massage tonight.
    ❌ 5. Have 500 excess calories at the end of the day. I did stay UNDER my calorie goal, just barely.
    C25K program 3x per week. ✔️✔️

01/16
    January Goals:

✅ 1. Min. of 25k on weekends/days off
    ❌ 2. <40g carbs today? No. Over by 1g.
    ✅ 3. Gluten Free today?
    ✅ 4. 60+ mins exercise: Yes. I walked 65 mins on the treadmill at 3.0mph and did 10 mins on the rebounder as well as giving another 60 min massage today.
    ❌ 5. Have 500 excess calories at the end of the day. Overage of 394 calories today.
  • hoovarmin
    hoovarmin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've never posted here before but here goes - I started at 194 and my goal weight is 164. I'm at 189 today, which is 2 weeks in. One thing I've discovered is that drinking beer during football games, even low carb beer, completely wrecks my momentum and I'm cutting that out.
  • jennordhavn
    jennordhavn Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    1/16
    1. Track everything ✅
    2. 55-70 G protein ✅ (exceeded at 71 G)
    3. Under 50 net carbs ✅ (34 net)
    4. 1200 - 1250 calories ❌ (1,328)
    5. 64 oz water/decaf liquids ✅ (64 oz)
    6. Lose 6 1/2 pounds ❌ (6.4 so far)
  • taylok23
    Options
    1/16
    Calories about 40 over goal but carbs were okay for the day. Protein was just shy of 100g as well. I barely squeaked out closing all watch rings as I was feeling lazy. I think my body needs a rest day or two but that really restricts my calorie intake.
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    For 1/16
    1) Log food and exercise daily ✔(went to the gym, elliptical and spin bike)
    2) Cal deficit of 500 ✔ 577
    3) Total carbs under 50 ✔ 39

SW 176
    CW 172.5
    GW 169

Did some food prep today including chicken for lunches and some almond flour bagel sticks. Need to tweak that recipe but pretty tasty :D
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Options
    Mrs_Hoffer wrote: »

01/16
    January Goals:

❌ 2. <40g carbs today? No. Over by 1g.
    ✅ 3. Gluten Free today?
    ✅ 4. 60+ mins exercise: Yes. I walked 65 mins on the treadmill at 3.0mph and did 10 mins on the rebounder as well as giving another 60 min massage today.
    ❌ 5. Have 500 excess calories at the end of the day. Overage of 394 calories today.

I need to CORRECT my post for yesterday. I got more lazy and tired as the evening wore on and did NOT find the time (or energy) to jump on the rebounder last night after all..... and because of that, I also did NOT get 25k steps yesterday. I just needed to be honest and up front here. :smile:
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Options
    01/17
    January Goals:
    Current weight: 175.9

✅ 2. <40g carbs today?
    ✅ 3. Gluten Free today?
    ✅ 4. 60+ mins exercise: Yes. I walked 4 hours today into town and back on the bike path. Total 11.5 miles.
    ✅ 5. Have 500 excess calories at the end of the day.
    C25K program 3x per week.
  • taylok23
    Options
    1/17
    Blah day in OH so I’ve taken it easy all day. Won’t close the watch rings because of the rest day.

Calories were over and carbs were higher than I like. Protein was under 100g so eating wise, not a great day. I felt like I wanted to eat and eat and eat so I grazed throughout the day and now feel sluggish.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,348 Member
    Options
    1/17 I am under calories today and I walked 7.91 miles today even though it was suppose to be my rest day ... It was 70 degrees today in California ..it was too nice out to stay indoors :)
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    So we are well past the middle of the month....... but can I still join? I’ve been back on the band waggon since Jan 2nd and even paid money for a food scale.

I lost 2kgs between weighing my first week back at work and a whole weeks sticking to the plan which was my goal for the month but I will take it! Goals include
    1) under 60g net carbs
    2) 12 steps across the day
    3) plan lunch and snacks
    4) log everything I’m eating - at work some foods sneak in, such as a few grapes when I’m cutting them for the kids.
    5) work out 3 times per week
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    So we are well past the middle of the month....... but can I still join? I’ve been back on the band waggon since Jan 2nd and even paid money for a food scale.

I lost 2kgs between weighing my first week back at work and a whole weeks sticking to the plan which was my goal for the month but I will take it! Goals include
    1) under 60g net carbs
    2) 12 steps across the day
    3) plan lunch and snacks
    4) log everything I’m eating - at work some foods sneak in, such as a few grapes when I’m cutting them for the kids.
    5) work out 3 times per week

Welcome any time!!!