Downsizers - January 2021 Team Chat

Replies

• rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Steps 10,762

Got some cleaning done for our upcoming basement renovation and did my power ignite workout. Other than that a pretty boring day!
  • rlaskey2
    363days wrote: »
    I just got the Renpho scale and it is really fascinating. My metabolic rate is 2 years older than I am, so that gives me a goal, for sure. The sad part - I weigh 2 more pounds on this scale than my old scale. I thought my old one was a good scale - boohoo. I will be going with the new scale, though, and I'm sure I'll adjust...might keep the old one around when I need a pick-me-up haha.

I have been considering one of these scales. The reviews seemed mixed on them all but I guess that is to be expected. I just worry can something that inexpensive be accurate or would I be messing with my head. I am enjoying only getting on the scale once a week now, but I would really love all that data if it was in fact accurate. Maybe I will just bite the bullet and do it after vacation in a few weeks.
  • rlaskey2
    Hi everyone! My name is Heather and I'm coming to you from another F2F team. I'm excited to get to know you all!

I'm 41, and I live in Edmonton, Canada. I just adopted a 8-week old kitten last weekend, so I'm learning how to be a cat-mom. I'm so tired this week!! LOL I've been overweight most of my life and have done the yo-yo up and down thing on diets that weren't sustainable for me. Since I started working from home in March, I decided if ever there was a time to do something about my health, this was it. I'm doing it the slow and steady way, and started by just making small but realistic changes in my life. It all started with not drinking pop at home. Since December, I've been struggling with my motivation. Happily I've kept hovering around the same weight, but I'm really hoping I can get that motivation back and get back to it.

Please add me as a friend!

Username: heatherbluebell
    Weigh-in: Thursdays
    CW: 362.4
    LTD: 77.6

Welcome to the team Heather!! This is a great group!!

• rlaskey2
    We start the February challenge on Sunday so it would be great if you could gives us some feedback on our team. Here’s a couple of questions but any input is appreciated.

What did you gain from being a member of the team?

What can we do to make the team better?

I really enjoy being part of this group! I like that we all have similar goals and struggles yet live all around the globe.

I wish MFP was easier to use on my phone, I can’t like peoples posts as I get an error message. I would like to contribute more and response to posts but it is a challenge on the phone.
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 694 Member
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Sorry, I think I forgot to post my steps this week!!! Ugh.

1/24 10,414
    1/25 13,254
    1/26 11,738
    1/27 10,683
    1/28 13,040
    1/29 11,160
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 - here are my steps. Thanks for changing my goal to 7K, it was an effort to get there this week, so I think its a good goal for now.

1/27: 7520
    1/28: 7989
    1/29: 7052
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 42,826 Member
    We have a newcomer heading our way ......Please welcome @COscorpio8402 :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Boy did it feel good to get out there and walk ........we walked 6.07 miles :)
  • azkunk
    edited January 2021
    This week started strong and then the second half of the work week I did not stick to my plan. I managed to stay between 1150-1350 calories (goal is 1240) but my macros were way off. I have been making a LOT of excuses lately- tired, stressed, too busy. NO MORE EXCUSES. I am making each and every decision that goes against my plan. I am starting to read The Beck Diet Solution again. I need to hold myself accountable for my choices. I am almost certain the the scale will end in a gain tomorrow but I am determined to change that around next week.

• Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 I lift weights at a moderate level 3-4 sets with 8-10 reps full body 3 day program.

1/30
    Logged all food.
    Under calorie budget.
    Drank 96 oz. water.
    Lifted weights for 40 minutes.

@363 days, which renpho scale did you purchase and does the data appear on the scale or in an app?

@lindamtuck2018 It's wonderful that you have an appointment. I hope they can resolve your nerve pain soon.

@cesse47 congratulations on receiving your covid vaccination.

@jimboden3, that is an insightful, comprehensive reply and it should be sticked for everyone seeking motivation.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 so happy to hear that you were able to get outside and enjoy a long walk. You and Aspen must be so fit and dropping 50 pounds is a great accomplishment and testament to your dedication.
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    @Z10Rtza I think that I would try to do some zumba when you get home to relieve the day's stress followed by a shower or bath to further relax your body. If you find this to not be relaxing, then switch it to the morning and see how that works for you.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 I lift weights at a moderate level 3-4 sets with 8-10 reps full body 3 day program.

1/30
    Logged all food.
    Under calorie budget.
    Drank 96 oz. water.

@363 days, which renpho scale did you purchase and does the data appear on the scale or in an app?

@lindamtuck2018 It's wonderful that you have an appointment. I hope they can resolve your nerve pain soon.

@jimboden3, that is an insightful, comprehensive reply and it should be sticked for everyone seeking motivation.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 so happy to hear that you were able to get outside and enjoy a long walk. You and Aspen must be so fit and dropping 50 pounds is a great accomplishment and testament to your dedication.

Thank you so much .... You are wanting to be excused from the step challenge on the 1st of Feb until further notice correct?
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Another one heading our way ... Please welcome @dutchrower :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,779 Member
    cesse47 wrote: »
    User: cesse47
    Weigh-in Day: Saturday

Previous weight: 297.0
    Current weight: 296.4

STEPS -- 3000 each day this past week

Got my 1st covid shot yesterday afternoon. a bit of a sore arm ... really tired. I'll probably head back to bed shortly. As a whiny pants about shots (the needles!!), I have to say it was virtually painless. Thank goodness I didn't whimper and whine like I normally do. LOL

Have a great day Y'all!!! :)

Nice loss! It must feel good to get the vaccine.

363days wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018
    pw 169.8
    cw 170.8

It is frustrating when a new scale weighs heavier than the other. Its not a real gain and your new scale seems like it is going to help motivate you. b]

Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Tazaria87
    Saturday
    PW 189.2
    CW 186.2
    Loss w/ MFP since 4/17/20 83.8lbs
    LTD 136.8 lbs

Steps for 1/29 6290
    All my steps came from a 5 and a half hour shopping trip to 6 different stores. Between that and not getting any sleep the night before due to my daughter, I ended up parking on the couch when I got home and couldn't make myself get up to get the rest of my steps in.

Another great loss! Some days relaxing can be a little more important than getting our steps.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970

Megan_smartiepants1970 wrote: »
    Megan_Smartiepants1970
    PW: 222.0
    CW: 219.0 (Loss 3 lbs)
    LTD 50 lb loss :)

Look at you go! 50 pounds is amazing!

I forgot to thank you ....so thank you Linda :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    rlaskey2 wrote: »
    We start the February challenge on Sunday so it would be great if you could gives us some feedback on our team. Here’s a couple of questions but any input is appreciated.

What did you gain from being a member of the team?

What can we do to make the team better?

I really enjoy being part of this group! I like that we all have similar goals and struggles yet live all around the globe.

I wish MFP was easier to use on my phone, I can’t like peoples posts as I get an error message. I would like to contribute more and response to posts but it is a challenge on the phone.

I admire you using the phone. When I try to use my phone for mfp, I just can’t do anything.

We have a newcomer heading our way ......Please welcome @COscorpio8402 :)

Welcome to the team!

azkunk wrote: »
    This week started strong and then the second half of the work week I did not stick to my plan. I managed to stay between 1150-1350 calories (goal is 1240) but my macros were way off. I have been making a LOT of excuses lately- tired, stressed, too busy. NO MORE EXCUSES. I am making each and every decision that goes against my plan. I am starting to read The Beck Diet Solution again. I need to hold myself accountable for my choices. I am almost certain the the scale will end in a gain tomorrow but I am determined to change that around next week.

You are doing really stressful but important work now. Stress can be detrimental to our weight loss journey. You are recognized the problem so I am sure that you oppressed on the right path. I am planning on starting my beck diet solution workbook this week. I have only read the introduction so far.

1/30
    Logged all food.
    Under calorie budget.
    Drank 96 oz. water.

Great job on hitting your goals for the day!

Another one heading our way ... Please welcome @dutchrower :)

Welcome to the team!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Thanks for the feedback team! We will be looking at all the suggestions in the next few days.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Please move to the February team chat. Make sure to take a minute and introduce yourself.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10823057/downsizers-february-2021-team-chat/p1?new=1
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    I am missing quite a few steps from people for the month of January ....Would the following people give me their steps ASAP otherwise I will be zeroing them out on 1/31 in the evening

@scribb 1/29 & 1/30
    @lelbarou 1/29 & 1/30
    @DawnCumm 1/29 & 1/30
    @363days 1/24-1/30
    @draby2011 1/24-1/30
    @Sripalbhansali 1/24 -1/30
    @eaturpasta 1/24-1/30
  • azkunk
This discussion has been closed.