Downsizers - January 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Happy Hump Day!!

Great news! Mike and I spent our evening researching, measuring, etc and we decided to go for it! Our home gym has been ordered! As delivery is so pricy, we decided to do one time delivery day so all will be delivered at once mid-May. It’s ok. Gives us time to prepare the room 💪🏻❤️👍🏻. I never thought I would be so excited about a home gym ❤️ We were able to order everything on out wish list. Once it’s all here and set up I can end my gym membership. I’m ending mikes already as he hasn’t gone in months and still can’t without a prescription. So the money we save from his membership between now and May will pay for the shipping. Win win

Also, I’m excited this morning because my weight is finally moving down! With muscle pain I had gone up to 199 last week and weighing in on Saturday at 198.2. Today I’m at 195. Slowly but surely getting there. I sure hope I can keep this down until next Saturday.

This morning I will be cleaning house and laundry, afternoon appointment and then hoping to have Luka baby sit Sam while I go to the gym for my session. I hope it works out as I missed Monday and will also need to miss Friday. Making up for those 2 days today and Saturday if I can.

@Megan_smartiepants1970

Sunday - 12,479
    Monday - 14,725
    Tuesday - 18,761
    Wednesday - coming 🔜
    Thursday - coming 🔜
    Friday - coming 🔜
    Saturday - coming 🔜

I'm so excited for you and your new home gym! This is HUGE and what a lovely example for your kids to see you guys taking getting in shape so seriously. You are so motivating for me. To you and others who have given me feedback on the scales, I ordered one this morning and am excited to use it moving forward as I gain more muscle. Anyway - I bet May cannot get here soon enough!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,511 Member
    Options
    rlaskey2 wrote: »
    Steps 9,035

I didn’t get my workout in, my day got away from me. A lot of items on my meal plan this week have been hard to find so that has been annoying. Had to shuffle things around but made it work. Dinner was chicken enchilada skillet which I have made before. My daughter is getting pickier lately which is also annoying. She threw a fit at dinner later night.

I don’t miss the days of my children being picky eaters. Kudos to you on coming up with another meal. It is so easy to end up ordering takeout instead. I took the easy way out once last week. 🤦‍♀️

Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Daily Post January 25
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 105oz
    Steps 9197
    Exercise 30min treadmill

Again having all the kids got my steps up, just hopped on the treadmill at night to finish them out. It's still snowing here so my son's preschool got cancelled again today. Gonna try and have a fun day indoors with the kids.

You are so inspiring meeting your goals everyday.

Z10Rtza wrote: »
    366 new messages since the last time I was here!!
    I´m sorry but I can not read them.
    My life is super busy right now with the course I´m doing and it´s really exhausting. I´m not doing sport and I am taking little care of myself if I´m honest. My scale hates me. This morning she said: I can only hold one person at the time, what am I? And I was like: Excuse me, it´s only me believe it or not! Then she gave me the numbers and I didn´t like what I saw. 134.3 Kg 296 lbs
    I´m eating in a weird way. I get up at 5 and I have a GOOD breakfast with everything and when I arrive to school at 8.30 I have a coffee. At 10 I am eating something again and at 12.15 I am having my lunch. Everyday a different "burrito" Is the easiest, cleanest, less heavy option I have to bring something.
    Calorie wise I´m quite under control but I still don´t feel like I am doing good.
    My belly is completely bloated every day and I would say is from stress but at some moments it even hurts like hell.
    I had not so long ago another night at the hospital to control my sleep with the Cpap and who knows if they will say something about the results.
    I´m overwhelmed with everything.
    In the positive note, I feel better know that I am having a bit of social life. Take the bus, see people at school, chat a bit.... I feel productive even if I don´t earn a cent from it and my self-esteem is a bit better that it was.

Your weight is down from last week so I think you are doing well. Get your stomach checked out and I hope you get answers from your cpap doctor.

Littleflutterby
    Weigh in Day: Tuesday
    PW:308.6
    CW: 303.8

SW-375
    LTD-71.2

Hi all, just checking in. My studies have been crazy, and still no news on the surgery yet :(

But sticking to my food plan, even if I can't exercise.

I'm really happy that I lost nearly 13lb this month considering my health struggles. Hopefully another week or 2 before I hit a 2-- something! It's been YEARS since I last saw a 2!

Amazing loss! I hope you hear from the doctor soon. I can’t wait to celebrate your meaning this big milestone.

DawnCumm wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Steps 1/25 = 4,692

Hours at work are around 16 per day right now, and it is bloody cold outside so I am missing out on my exercise. : (

That’s a lot of work. I hope it settles down soon.

lcfa5317 wrote: »
    Oops - weigh in was yesterday.
    Stayed the same.

Got it entered.

iradi8 wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018

iradi8
    Tuesday
    PW: 207.6
    CW: 205.2
    LTD: 47.4 pounds (SW 252.6)

I was 204.8 yesterday morning and had a little pizza last night, so I knew I would have some water weight this morning. Still, so happy with my progress this week:)

Nice loss! You should be proud. Also, I need tips on having a little pizza. One of my downfall foods.

363days wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    1/22 2145
    1/23 2227
    I have been sick for a week, now, and my steps consist of letting the dogs out and just the necessities. I can't wait to feel better and exercise more. I wish being sick took away my appetite, but that never seems to happen to me! I'm reading about a lot of people with sniffles - tis the season.

I hope you get better soon. Sometimes, it seems like my appetite gets bigger when I get sick so I feel for you. I finally got my the Beck Diet Solution workbook from my daughters house. I haven’t started yet. Are you finding it helps?

1/26
    Food logged.
    Under calories.
    Drank 96 oz. water.
    Exercise: Shoveled snow for 30 minutes.

It snowed from 5pm last night to 11:15 am today. Depending on where the drifts were, the snow started at 6" and went up to 18". My brother-in-law came with his skid loader and cleared the driveway. We cleared the sidewalks, stairs and shoveled a path to the bird feeder. We get 6 to 8 pairs of cardinals at the feeder.
    Had a late lunch with Kevin's oldest daughter. We talked about what she was doing with the estate, her hopes to buy his house, her children, her siblings and job as a correctional officer. It was a pleasant visit and didn't end until after 3pm when the schools get out here.

@lelbarou, my cousin just got a bpap and she is not getting much sleep either. Think it is because you had hours of poor sleep before the apap and your body got used to minimal sleep. The sleep you get with your apap is deeper so your body thinks it needs less. It should resolve with time if you are properly fitted with your device.

Shovelling snow is a great source of exercise. It is so nice you are getting to connect with Kevin’s kids.

Happy Hump Day!!

Great news! Mike and I spent our evening researching, measuring, etc and we decided to go for it! Our home gym has been ordered! As delivery is so pricy, we decided to do one time delivery day so all will be delivered at once mid-May. It’s ok. Gives us time to prepare the room 💪🏻❤️👍🏻. I never thought I would be so excited about a home gym ❤️ We were able to order everything on out wish list. Once it’s all here and set up I can end my gym membership. I’m ending mikes already as he hasn’t gone in months and still can’t without a prescription. So the money we save from his membership between now and May will pay for the shipping. Win win

Also, I’m excited this morning because my weight is finally moving down! With muscle pain I had gone up to 199 last week and weighing in on Saturday at 198.2. Today I’m at 195. Slowly but surely getting there. I sure hope I can keep this down until next Saturday.

This morning I will be cleaning house and laundry, afternoon appointment and then hoping to have Luka baby sit Sam while I go to the gym for my session. I hope it works out as I missed Monday and will also need to miss Friday. Making up for those 2 days today and Saturday if I can.

@Megan_smartiepants1970

Sunday - 12,479
    Monday - 14,725
    Tuesday - 18,761
    Wednesday - coming 🔜
    Thursday - coming 🔜
    Friday - coming 🔜
    Saturday - coming 🔜

Mari, that is so exciting! I think it will be so worth it. I bet you will be counting down the days until the gym is set up. It is great that your weight is on a downward trend. Water weight can be so frustrating.
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    363days wrote: »
    Happy Hump Day!!

@Megan_smartiepants1970

Sunday - 12,479
    Monday - 14,725
    Tuesday - 18,761
    Wednesday - coming 🔜
    Thursday - coming 🔜
    Friday - coming 🔜
    Saturday - coming 🔜

I'm so excited for you and your new home gym! This is HUGE and what a lovely example for your kids to see you guys taking getting in shape so seriously. You are so motivating for me. To you and others who have given me feedback on the scales, I ordered one this morning and am excited to use it moving forward as I gain more muscle. Anyway - I bet May cannot get here soon enough!

Thank you! I still can’t believe it’s actually happening. I’ve been wanting to do this for years. We’ve talked about it on many occasions but I was never where I am now. I’m super motivated and LOVE my workouts. I get really down when I can’t do it. It’s my time and since the gyms have closed I’ve really struggled with my mental and emotional health. I know it’s going to be worth this investment.

How exciting for you as well! A new scale! I always love getting new fitness weight related items. I get all giddy for a new scale or workout clothes or new bottles or fitness watches lol. Let us know how the scale works out for you and if you are happy with it. ❤️
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    rlaskey2 wrote: »
    CW :183.6
    PW: 185
    SW: 187.2

Steps 10,201

So happy for this loss. All this cooking, shopping and preparing is paying off. Finally have 3 losses in a row.

Yesterday I did my upper body workout and made a huge yummy salad for dinner. I Didn’t think I would be satisfied with salad for dinner but it was so pretty and colorful. Had roasted butternut squash, pears, purple cabbage, blue cheese and sliced almonds.

Awesome loss! I have to check out that meal plan today as tomorrow is my planning day for the week.

Good morning everyone. Today’s weight is 137.8lbs. Down 1.8lbs from last week!

Amazing loss!
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's steps 8,399

I cannot wait until next Monday when the Gym opens back up
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily Post January 26
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 100oz
    Steps 9004
    Exercise 28min Inc Dance Fit video and Chest/Back Lift

My daughter wanted to pick my video yesterday so I let her. I've been trying to do some new ones anyway. Was not a fan of the one she picked haha. Did my weights at night after the kids went to bed. Don't think I'm going to be as sore this time around so that's good.
    It finally stopped snowing so my son will have preschool today. My dad came last night with his snow blower and unburied us so I can get my car out of the garage today. So thankful to him.
    My son is requesting pizza today for lunch so that's what we are having. I have an almond flour crust mix I always use and it's great but kind of high calorie so we don't have it super often. We were watching some food videos last night though and saw one for making snack pizzas in a pan using a tortilla. I have coconut flour tortillas that I really like and they are low calorie. Will have to try that soon and see how it goes.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Tuesday’s Check In
    Steps: 5,319 ✅
    Tracked: ✅
    Sleep: ✅
    Water: ✅
    Healthy snacks: ✅

Like some others have reported, my water weight has dropped. I was a little surprised as we had ham for supper. I didn’t eat a lot because of the all the sodium. I think last night was the first time I couldn’t close my diary due to not enough calories. I am still not below my weight last Friday so I really have to watch my sodium the next few days. Don’t you all despise that pesky water weight. My calorie average right now puts me on track to lose a little over a pound but we will see on Friday.

My doctors appointment was frustrating. The medications I am taking are not helping the nerve pain. I am going to try acupuncture while I am waiting to get an emg. It is a three month waiting list for the emg but my referral was made the end of November so I should get in late February or early March. The nerve pain has drastically change my life and it has been a hard adjustment.

Happy Hump Day!
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps 1/26: 12,017
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I am having a hard time keeping up with all of the posts and even checking in. I was most successful with not hitting snooze last week. This week I am continuing with the anti-snooze challenge as well as focusing on packing my lunch/snacks for work and more importantly, actually eating what I packed! The work week is half over and I am doing well with that challenge.

Hope everyone else is doing well.
  • azkunk
    Options
    @Beautyofdreams - congrats on hitting the milestone. I always say that I wish I was as "fat" as I thought I was in high school. I was around 135-140 which would put me in the healthy weight range but at that time, I felt so big.

@lindamtuck2018 - sorry that you are having such bad pain. I hope you get your EMG in Feb and they can find a regimen that gets that pain under control.

@Tazaria87 - you always inspire me with your dedication to working out. Once I get back to my normal job, I want to get serious about exercising

@mari_moulin - your home gym sounds so exciting. You will have to post before and after pics!

@kdlgiannoulis - nice loss!!

@rlaskey - you are on FIRE!
  • azkunk
    Options
    @363days - hope you feel better soon

@iradi8 - nice loss and almost 50 lbs LTD ... keep it up!

@lcfa5317 - the same is better than a gain. hope this week is better :)

@DawnCumm - 16 hr shifts are tough. Hope you are taking care of you

@littleflutterby - you inspire me by your dedication despite your health struggles. I am excited for you to hit that milestone of being in the 2's

@Z10Rtza - stress is the enemy of the scale! I have found myself quite stressed with all of the changes due to my work redeployment and schedule change. I decided that I needed to forgive myself for not being as good as I was before the schedule change and focus on one thing per week. Last week it was not snoozing. This week, it's packing my lunch/snacks and actually eating what I packed instead of the free food which is not as easy to track and much more food than I need (sandwich, fruit, desert, chips ... all large portions). I feel like I am slowly regaining control and the scale is starting to give up that weight she's been hold onto.
  • azkunk
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 - sorry that I missed the steps. I was not feeling well last weekend. Here are my steps since the beginning of this week. Let me know if you need any others. Thank you for all that you do! Can we change the goal to 7K?

1/24- 4068
    1/25- 7154
    1/26- 7150
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,770 Member
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 - sorry that I missed the steps. I was not feeling well last weekend. Here are my steps since the beginning of this week. Let me know if you need any others. Thank you for all that you do! Can we change the goal to 7K?

1/24- 4068
    1/25- 7154
    1/26- 7150

Absolutely ...I changed it on my spreadsheet to 7,000...I will put it on the computer spreadsheet soon
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Daily Post January 26
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 100oz
    Steps 9004
    Exercise 28min Inc Dance Fit video and Chest/Back Lift

My daughter wanted to pick my video yesterday so I let her. I've been trying to do some new ones anyway. Was not a fan of the one she picked haha. Did my weights at night after the kids went to bed. Don't think I'm going to be as sore this time around so that's good.
    It finally stopped snowing so my son will have preschool today. My dad came last night with his snow blower and unburied us so I can get my car out of the garage today. So thankful to him.
    My son is requesting pizza today for lunch so that's what we are having. I have an almond flour crust mix I always use and it's great but kind of high calorie so we don't have it super often. We were watching some food videos last night though and saw one for making snack pizzas in a pan using a tortilla. I have coconut flour tortillas that I really like and they are low calorie. Will have to try that soon and see how it goes.

I have never used almond flour before so can you tell me if there is a difference taste to the crust?

Yippee! I weighed in at 155.1 lbs. today. This is what I weighed in high school. I was never a thin person when young. Have 20 lbs. left to go to get to what I weighed when I was 50 years old.(I lost 93 lbs. after my transplant in a year by walking, lifting weights and counting calories.)

I am so excited for you! You won’t be long pushing through those 20 pounds with your determination.

azkunk wrote: »
    I am having a hard time keeping up with all of the posts and even checking in. I was most successful with not hitting snooze last week. This week I am continuing with the anti-snooze challenge as well as focusing on packing my lunch/snacks for work and more importantly, actually eating what I packed! The work week is half over and I am doing well with that challenge.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Great job on your snooze challenge. I remember those when I worked how challenging lunch could be especially when food would be brought to the office or coworkers going eat. Nice work!
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    @iradi8 The site I use for used books is Thriftbooks.com. They are inexpensive and it has given me a lot of pleasure to get something in the mail during Covid. When I finish, I either donate to our neighborhood library (a large wooden box on stilts) or to other locations. I live downtown and there are several shelters who have told me they always need books. It is a win-win for all of us.
    @cabman I learn so many random things on this site! I enjoyed looking up the fish you caught and seeing what the heck it was. I don't think we have that in Oklahoma. Pretty cool.
    @mszoueb You got your low weight on weigh-in day! Don't you love it when that happens!!

This weekend may have been the first weekend in months that I haven't binged after weigh-in date. I over-ate, but did not binge and instead of gaining the "quick 4", I gained 2. I was really expecting a loss because typically the fast gain is just water retention due to sodium or gluten, but I've been sick since last Wednesday and although I've done pretty well with calories, I've only lost .6 of it. I' thinking it is due to medications and inflammation - I also got my Covid vaccination yesterday. I think all of the fluid is in my head! I'm trying to take the focus off weigh-in day(tomorrow), and realize the scale will go down when I feel better.
This discussion has been closed.