Replies

• cabman
    cabman Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    SW 94.8
    PW 94.1
    CW 94.4
    +0.3kg

I don't know what happen over the last two days, was looking at a 1.5kg loss on Friday.
    i did not log my food on Saturday or Sunday, I know I would not of over ate on Saturday, but likely to on Sunday.

A timely reminder for me to continue to log, and continue to exercise on the weekends,

Had a great time Fishing, brought home some fresh Gurnard,
    Running plan this week 4,4hills,3,7km
    Expecting a big weight rebound Down, fingers crossed
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    1/23 Steps 12,526
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    Options
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Steps 5,064

Low steps since I took a rest day and also charged my fit bit. I got a massage in the afternoon that got cancelled twice previously due to snow and covid. I needed it my neck was bugging me even though I try to be really conscious of the size weights I lift above by head. Guess it wasn’t the computer all these years. Had home made two ingredient dough pizza for dinner and even my hubby gave it a thumbs up.
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    CHECK IN: Week 3 (Saturday)
    🏋🏻‍♀️ Exercise ✔️
    🥤 96 oz. Water ✔️
    🍽 Under Calories ❌
    💤 Sleep ✔️

👣 STEPS
    SAT 1/23: 21,250 (spin) + 4249 = 25,499
  • DawnCumm
    DawnCumm Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    1/22

I wish I was more scientific with my weight goal, I just figured I am 59 and 140 seemed realistic considering I am 5'5", I was around 125 when I was young but think that might be too thin for a old-ish woman. LOL Could attempt 135, but getting below 150 is a challenge.
  • DawnCumm
    DawnCumm Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Steps:
    1/22 = 3,166
    1/23 = 7,549
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps 1/23: 14,167
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    @363days On scales-I have a Renpho. It was around $30 on Amazon. Weight shows on the scale itself, but it also pairs with an app on the phone that tracks all kinds of other stuff too--weight, BMI, body fat, visceral fat, muscle mass, bone mass, water, protein. I know I have seen it mentioned here before.
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    1/24
    Username: Beautyofdreams
    PW: 156.1
    CW: 156.5
    LTD: 66.9

Gained 0.4 pounds from last week but this number is more realistic for me than the previous week. Am back to lifting weights after too long off. This limited access and the extra people using the gym from college break has made it difficult to get in. At least college break is over now.

Congratulations to @lindamtuck2018, @Tazaria87 and @Megan_smartiepants1970. Your consistency, dedication and work are showing.

Food logged.
    Under calories(will miss this week of extra calories tomorrow).
    Drank 96 oz. water.
    Slept 8 hours.
    Lifted weights for 50 minutes. Still working on form today. Will start adding back weight on the next session.
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Username : azkunk
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW:177.4
    CW: 177.1
    LTD: 29.9

The last few days, I have been feeling a bit under the weather. Not quite sick, just blah. It's been cold and raining and my knees have been really hurting without any relief from ibuprofen. The scale hit a new low for me this week at 174.7 but slowly creeped up to 177.1 which did not put me at 30 lbs for the official weight. No worries, I know it will get back there :)
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 571 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Congrats to all who lost this week and hugs to those who didn't. Way to go @lindamtuck2018,@Tazaria87and@Megan_smartiepants1970!

@rlaskey2
    I would love to know more about the two ingredient pizza dough. We love pizza here. I have been getting a massage (mostly for my neck) a couple of times a month for the last few months. It's my self-care:) I have just started strength training, and I know it will aggravate my neck.

@DawnCumm
    I'm 54 and 5'6". I think, for me, a realistic goal is about 170 for now. I might be able to do 160, but I don't think I'd be able to maintain that. Way back in 1997, I got down to about 155 and looked and felt great. I was in a size 8 clothing. That was the year I got married. I was 30 years old. I have always weighed more than I look. When I get down to about 175, I'll reassess. I think you'll have to think about where you're comfortable weight-wise and also about maintaining that.

@cabman
    Sounds like you have a plan! I know that my weight fluctuates during the week by about two pounds up or down. It's crazy really. Glad to hear you had a good time fishing and caught something. I love fishing:)

@Beautyofdreams
    Sounds like Kevin's daughter has a lot on her plate. That is really nice that you two are going to have lunch together.

@mari_moulin
    That always seems to happen to me where I weigh less the day after weigh-in day! Then it goes up a bit and down and up and down. Lol.

@lelbarou
    That soup sounds delicious. You said that you like volunteering and reading. Me too! I have missed volunteering this year. Before my kids started college, we would volunteer together at our local food bank and the animal shelter. It sure feels good to help, doesn't it? I keep my local library in business. Haha. My husband likes to buy books. I get mine from the library. When my kids were younger, the library had a basket with my name on it for the books I ordered for pickup:)

@jimboden3
    I do see on the graph that all of the Covid changes really affected you. The good news is that you are here now and you didn't wait until that graph made it all the way back up:) I see a downward trend at the present though. You're doing great!

@lindamtuck2018
    Oh, do I feel your pain with those candy bars! My husband has to have that stuff here, and it is so hard when they talk to you. It is hard to ignore. I told him that I am thinking about getting a lockbox for all of his goodies that are in the house. I don't restrict any foods. I have lost this weight by eating whatever I have wanted, but there are just some things that I have trouble stopping once I get started. So, for certain things I just don't want access and if I want a little of something, I'll have him get a little out of the lockbox. I did that about 25 years ago, and it worked. Good for you for logging it.

@Tazaria87
    You are really doing fantastic. Your dedication and commitment really shows.

@363days
    I would feel rich if I got baskets full of books. I love books! You have a used book website? I have just started strength training and am seeing the messages about the scale going up sometimes with it. I'm glad others have pointed that out and that you asked about scales:)

@azkunk
    It has been gray and blah here. The weather can really affect you. Sometimes I have to take a day off to give my knees a rest. It can be hard to exercise with knee pain, can't it? I use frozen bags of green peas on my knees and I put my feet up. The peas are good because the bag conforms to your knee. Do you ice your knees? That darned scale with the ups and downs:) Yes, you'll get there.
  • mszoueb
    mszoueb Posts: 155 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Weigh in:

SW: 259.4
    PW: 248.6
    CW: 246.4

Hi all, here for Monday check in. I weighed in about an hour or so earlier than usual as got up earlier today. Great to see another loss, although this week I have been shown the power of fluctuations as one point weight was up to 249.6 and yesterday 248.2! I'm still on track with meal plan, today I need to decide what duration I carry on for. I must admit the portions can arrive on the small side so feels like 3 little lunches and maybe that's why I'm seeing rapid loss like this as maybe it's less calories than I think.. the meals and one snack are meant to equate to about 1500 which is currently 360 under the cals I need to get one pound weight loss a week according to MFP.

The past few days I have noticed that I've felt more hungry, missing cooking and thinking about meals before I started. I am a little concerned when I change things i.e go down to 5 days a week or stop altogether in how it will effect my weight as you all know how easy it is for it to go back on. I do need to get my weight down irregardless as it is not healthy to be this size for me.

The plan is keeping me on track and for the most part has variety in the food which is good but it definitely needs more vegetables..variety and portion size. I'm still adding fresh blueberries onto my breakfasts and have had salad and measured garlic sauce out the other week but, I don't want to be adding too much as I think to myself I shouldn't need to buy those extras as some meals should in theory come with those sort of things anyway for the price paid.

I managed to get 3 forms of exercise in this week, I haven't attempted HIIT yet but got in 2 walks and did 15-20 min weight lifting exercises video. To be honest though, with being in a calorie deficit I don't think it'd be wise for me to go too hard on the exercise types such as HIIT just yet as with eating less, I'm losing weight anyway.. I could do it and eat back but I won't know what I've burned exercising to do so. Going to stick with the lower impact stuff for now.

Have a great week everyone.
  • jimboden3
    jimboden3 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Oops - It's 2021 now.
  • shortyjmorgan1
    shortyjmorgan1 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately there are some things that are interfering with my fitness plans right now and I am going to take a step back for awhile. I love each of you and you're amazing
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Steps 10,860

Busy day grocery shopping and cleaning. Did my core circuit workout.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,511 Member
    Options
    Congrats to @Tazaria87 and @Megan_smartiepants1970! 👏🎉
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Daily Post January 23
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 100oz
    Steps 9024
    Exercise Arms/Shoulder Lift and 60mins treadmill

Completed day 2 of weight lifting. This schedule is definitely going to be better for me. The 60min treadmill was just because I got hardly any steps during the day. Today is rest day and we will be going to my parents house to hang out.

You have inspired me to be more aware of getting my steps.

lelbarou wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018
    Carrot ginger soup is really easy to make and you can freeze it.
    For 4 cups or servings, it's about 10 minutes of chopping and 5 minutes to get all your ingredients lined up and then it cooks on the stove for about 30 minutes. Finally it's blended.
    It has ginger, but I also added a TBSP of cinnamon to give it something else to the taste.
    Very easy recipe! I found it on the love and lemons website.

[bI need to get a blender. There are several soup recipes I have wanted to try but I needed one. It is now on my list of things I need to get. [/b]
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    cabman wrote: »
    SW 94.8
    PW 94.1
    CW 94.4
    +0.3kg

I don't know what happen over the last two days, was looking at a 1.5kg loss on Friday.
    i did not log my food on Saturday or Sunday, I know I would not of over ate on Saturday, but likely to on Sunday.

A timely reminder for me to continue to log, and continue to exercise on the weekends,

Had a great time Fishing, brought home some fresh Gurnard,
    Running plan this week 4,4hills,3,7km
    Expecting a big weight rebound Down, fingers crossed

I have never heard of gurnard before so I googled it. From the flavour description I would definitely try them. I grew up next to the Atlantic Ocean so I love fish. It is easy to forget everything we eat when we don’t log so I am glad you are going to this week. You should see your gain disappear and then some. One thing I do is pre log my food for the week. All I have to do is add the serving size when I weigh the food. I do plan my menu a week ahead of time and I know this is not practical for everyone.
    rlaskey2 wrote: »
    Steps 5,064

Low steps since I took a rest day and also charged my fit bit. I got a massage in the afternoon that got cancelled twice previously due to snow and covid. I needed it my neck was bugging me even though I try to be really conscious of the size weights I lift above by head. Guess it wasn’t the computer all these years. Had home made two ingredient dough pizza for dinner and even my hubby gave it a thumbs up.

I got to make that pizza. I either buy my pizza dough at the grocery store or use pita bread. Does it taste very different from regular pizza dough?

@363days On scales-I have a Renpho. It was around $30 on Amazon. Weight shows on the scale itself, but it also pairs with an app on the phone that tracks all kinds of other stuff too--weight, BMI, body fat, visceral fat, muscle mass, bone mass, water, protein. I know I have seen it mentioned here before.

I really regret not buying this one or getting the Fitbit scale. I bought the one I have and then heard several people mention the Renpho.

1/24
    Username: Beautyofdreams
    PW: 156.1
    CW: 156.5
    LTD: 66.9

Gained 0.4 pounds from last week but this number is more realistic for me than the previous week. Am back to lifting weights after too long off. This limited access and the extra people using the gym from college break has made it difficult to get in. At least college break is over now.

Congratulations to @lindamtuck2018, @Tazaria87 and @Megan_smartiepants1970. Your consistency, dedication and work are showing.

Food logged.
    Under calories(will miss this week of extra calories tomorrow).
    Drank 96 oz. water.
    Slept 8 hours.
    Lifted weights for 50 minutes. Still working on form today. Will start adding back weight on the next session.

Great job on the weight lifting. How many days a week do you go?

azkunk wrote: »
    Username : azkunk
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW:177.4
    CW: 177.1
    LTD: 29.9

The last few days, I have been feeling a bit under the weather. Not quite sick, just blah. It's been cold and raining and my knees have been really hurting without any relief from ibuprofen. The scale hit a new low for me this week at 174.7 but slowly creeped up to 177.1 which did not put me at 30 lbs for the official weight. No worries, I know it will get back there :)

Congrats on the loss! Next week you will have the 30 pounds gone. I hope you are feeling better soon. That cold, damp weather is terrible for the joints. I hope you find relief soon. I like @iradi8 suggestion of using a bag of peas. I have an ice pack I bought years ago that has gel that is also good for knees.

mszoueb wrote: »
    Weigh in:

SW: 259.4
    PW: 248.6
    CW: 246.4

Hi all, here for Monday check in. I weighed in about an hour or so earlier than usual as got up earlier today. Great to see another loss, although this week I have been shown the power of fluctuations as one point weight was up to 249.6 and yesterday 248.2! I'm still on track with meal plan, today I need to decide what duration I carry on for. I must admit the portions can arrive on the small side so feels like 3 little lunches and maybe that's why I'm seeing rapid loss like this as maybe it's less calories than I think.. the meals and one snack are meant to equate to about 1500 which is currently 360 under the cals I need to get one pound weight loss a week according to MFP.

The past few days I have noticed that I've felt more hungry, missing cooking and thinking about meals before I started. I am a little concerned when I change things i.e go down to 5 days a week or stop altogether in how it will effect my weight as you all know how easy it is for it to go back on. I do need to get my weight down irregardless as it is not healthy to be this size for me.

The plan is keeping me on track and for the most part has variety in the food which is good but it definitely needs more vegetables..variety and portion size. I'm still adding fresh blueberries onto my breakfasts and have had salad and measured garlic sauce out the other week but, I don't want to be adding too much as I think to myself I shouldn't need to buy those extras as some meals should in theory come with those sort of things anyway for the price paid.

I managed to get 3 forms of exercise in this week, I haven't attempted HIIT yet but got in 2 walks and did 15-20 min weight lifting exercises video. To be honest though, with being in a calorie deficit I don't think it'd be wise for me to go too hard on the exercise types such as HIIT just yet as with eating less, I'm losing weight anyway.. I could do it and eat back but I won't know what I've burned exercising to do so. Going to stick with the lower impact stuff for now.

Have a great week everyone.

Awesome loss! Maybe you can look for healthy, low calorie recipes of the meals you are getting from the service. Then when you decide to cut back ordering you have some go to recipes. Walking and strength training videos are all valid forms of exercise. You are doing really well this month and you should be proud of yourself.

jimboden3 wrote: »
    JimBoden3
    Weigh-in Day: Monday (Jan 25, 2020)
    CW: 215.9
    PW: 218.3
    Starting Weight: 240

It's nice to know that my 'zero' loss last week was just setting me up for a great encore this week (down 2.4 lbs)!

xz256wzh97co.png

Awesome loss! I love the iceberg analogy. It certainly shows the real story behind weight loss.
    Unfortunately there are some things that are interfering with my fitness plans right now and I am going to take a step back for awhile. I love each of you and you're amazing

I am sorry to hear this. I will move you to cheer squad for now. Stop by anytime and say hello. Let me know when you are ready to come back
This discussion has been closed.