Mission Slimpossible - January 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    raleighgirl09and
    Tuesday check in

Whew, I am bushwhacked! Had a good day for everything but the steps - it has been cold and rainy for 2 days, I have not made steps either day. Overall my steps are typically much higher than 10,000, I guess average of 13,000, but I miss it when I just can't take the cold and wet. Heat - no issue. Cold and wet stops me in my tracks...(heh heh).

I keep waking up before my alarm with a head FULL of thinking. I'm hoping to sleep to the alarm tomorrow. Took a half day from the full-time gig to go see the doctor I did some contract work for and wrap up several things. She's in a good place for the work and whatever little thing here or there they should be able to handle. I feel good about leaving her in a good place.

@TeresaW1020 I don't lift weights - really I depend on walking for exercise. I believe if I really put in the effort, I'd see a toning improvement, like this inspiring lady - I just am not up for this yet!!! : https://www.instagram.com/trainwithjoan/

@TwistedSassette that 1kg doesn't stand a chance of staying with you!! => What a nice celebration of Australia Day - do you ever refer to it as Aussie Day......? Just curious!
    @anido1 what a great weigh in, way to go!
    @apple852hk I thought it was neat to see the wrappers and cubes but I can see wondering if you should try something else with your niece. She may be a bit disappointed with anything less than chocolate, especially if you already know a sticker didn't cut it! You could make it a smaller candy most of the time and a bigger one occasionally - but I guess I'd assess if it's an issue to give her the chocolate. If this is the one way you treat her to it and it's a special thing in your relationship, is there a reason to stop? I don't know, maybe there are reasons you'd be concerned but if there is no underlying reason, maybe it's ok to keep it. You can also use it as opportunities to casually talk about treats and good habits as she gets older. Just a thought.
    @trooworld WOOOOHOOOO look at you go!! The groove is a great place to be, you go girl!!!!! B)
    @Krea4 terrific loss this week, way to go!
    @Jactop I get, we've all been there. It's so hard to pick back up but it's the first steps that are a little creaky and then you limber up in your mind... => Looking forward to hearing about the Beck's Gang in Feb, WOOT!
    @buniphuphu I sure do hope you can start getting more swim appointments - come on summer, we need you so that the exercise gets easier to do!! I know you're looking forward to opening up your home lanes!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,909 Member
    Options
    @apple852hk How old is your niece? Depending on how old she is, you could put a very small toy/trinket in there.

@TwistedSassette Happy belated Australia Day! That's good you realized the gain was just water weight. Have a great day!

@TeresaW1020 Yes it will be. :D Congrats on your no-sugar streak!

@raleighgirl09 I hope you sleep better tonight.

Good morning friends! Since I've been doing so well and I want to work on my activity, I decided to join Leslie Sansone's monthly membership, Walk at Home. Yes, I could do her free videos on YouTube but the membership offers more variety of videos and a lot of them involve weights/resistance bands. I did one of the workouts (without the weights, I have to get some) yesterday and it was great for me. Eating continues to be good as does liquid intake.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,610 Member
    Options
    @raleighgirl09 It's always just Australia Day to me. I'm sure some people call it Aussie Day but not that I've heard. It usually gets shortened to Straya Day - the bogan/redneck way some people say Australia!
    Thanks for sharing the insta link, she looks amazing!

@trooworld Thanks :smile: I didn't know Leslie Sansone had a subscription, or that she had videos with weights/bands. I might need to check some of those out!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    A good day for me yesterday. Overate a bit, but also played Beat Saber for a while which is kind of like dancing so it does burn some good calories and definitely gets my heart rate up! Wound down with some yoga before bed, which was nice. Though I have woken this morning with a headache so that's not great. Busy day at work ahead so I better get started on that. Happy Thursday (Friday Junior)!
    nxvfdcis4s10.png
    Goals for January:
    Sleep: 184.4/200 hours (average 6.8 hours) - ON TRACK
    Total Calorie Deficit recorded to date: 2,626- ON TRACK
    Exercise: 606/600 minutes (average 22 minutes) - COMPLETE
    Meditation:4/4 sessions - COMPLETE
    Social Media: 17.8/31 hours (average 0.66 hours) - ON TRACK

Updated to 27/01/2021
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    @raleighgirl09 Joan is one inspiring lady that is for sure! She is a weight-lifting bad a**! :grin: I hate when my brain won’t let me sleep fully. I hope sleep will get better for you. :)

@trooworld That is fantastic that you joined Leslie Sansone’s monthly membership! I’ve done her workouts before and they will definitely give you a great workout. I personally find having a membership really helps keep me motivated and dedicated to my workouts. Good luck with finding weights. It hasn’t been easy since Covid. Resistance bands are great and easy to find. :)

@TwistedSassette Sorry that you are dealing with a headache. I hope you feel better soon. <3

Hi Team! It’s quiet around here today. I hope everyone is doing OK. I’ve done well today with my workout and eating. I did my new Bible study for a couple of hours and worked on my packing list for my trip to Florida next weekend. I’m not thrilled about driving to Florida but seeing my niece's newest daughter will be fun. 😊

January Goals: 1/27
    No Sugar Challenge: 27 Days sugar-free!
    Fast for 19+ hours: I fasted 20 hrs.
    Ate on plan: It was a Keto day
    Workout 30+ minutes: #MBFA upper body and 20 minute cardio walk on the treadmill.
    Drink 96+ oz. of water: I got all my water in for the day
    2021 Focus Word: TRANSFORMATION
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Username: GabiV125
    Check in day: Wednesday
    PW: 130.6
    CW: 130.4
  • raleighgirl09
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Wednesday quick peek in

My peeps! Whoa, late already but I need a check in!! I have had a couple really good days in the green and the Habit Tracker has perked up for me - weigh in tomorrow which I have not done in several days because I chose to not look at a road trip water weight gain. So tomorrow is my first look - and yours! - into how I have done, imperfect days and all.

I'm really going to watch my weekend - that was my pitfall for this week. I'll need to plan better for a dinner before driving Friday evening and then follow that up with a plan to be ok with extra calories on Saturday and back to it on Sunday; that's my plan for this weekend. Also - I'll be at the coast for a couple of weeks and will need to be mindful to maintain good habits at the coast the same as I do in Raleigh. By the way - Henry is going with us and I hope to get him out to the beach for a photo shoot and another Henry book!

Take care pals, more from me tomorrow morning!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,579 Member
    Options
    @apple852hk I'm sorry if I made you feel bad about the wrappers, I'm super suggestible but don't follow through most the time so don't worry, I didn't go buy them! I'm not reading people's diaries while I try to get back into the swing of things because it gives me cravings.

I'm doing the same stuff, having a harder time than normal because we're having storms plus I haven't had steroids since December. Basically it looks like the next week of storms will mostly be spent in bed drinking cannabis tea.

As far as this month can't say it's going great, I'm waiting to try something new but it hasn't arrived and I ordered it at the beginning of Dec. I'm doing okay with some bad days which has to do with pain levels. I'm trying to avoid steroids because I've gained a lot on that and this anti depressant yet I'm suffering so I don't know the right answer. When I feel horrible it's hard to think beyond the moment but I've got to distract myself in other ways.
  • raleighgirl09
    edited January 2021
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Thursday preamble

Good morning to all! Yesterday was good as I was able to get 2 walks, something the rain and cold kept me from on Mon/Tue - and I woke up to snow so it depends on the day as to any walks, let alone 2. We'l just have to see and not get all worked up about it.

I was up several times in the night but right back to sleep each time and didn't wake before my alarm, yay! When I was awake in the night and my brain seemed to start gearing up for a marathon session, I turned thoughts away from work, actively pushing the thoughts away. My mind is so busy with everything before us for the integration that it's hard - but I was able to do it well enough to not lose sleep and that's all I can ask for.

@GabiV125 good drop this week, it's all in the GRREEEEEEEN!!!!!!!
    @AustinRuadhain so happy to see you popping in! Dreaded PB and raisins... I recently had to 86 two half jars of homemade salted caramel sauce and hot fudge all because I needed to get back my sense of self control. I didn't even trust myself to hide them! YAY for an on-track day!
    @Katmary71 will the pain levels be better when there are no storms, even with no steroids? What a tough decision, you have worked hard - I wouldn't want to just scrap the progress, either. I hope the cannabis tea is just the trick for the stormy days! <3<3
    @TeresaW1020 - WHEW, your sugar free days are stacking up, way to go!! Safe travels to FL (I am so jealous, love FL and hate the cold and snow, even though it's rare for us). I think there has been a funk in our little space, here, as we settle into the year and everyone seems to be having some not-great weather. Soon on to February and then we can get onto March and we'll be past the coldest and wettest (says my positive side!!)
    @TwistedSassette Straya Day!! YES - something similar would have happened in the US by folks. I love accents, especially an Aussie accent (Straya accent!) and the different vocabulary people who speak English from all parts of the world use. It's really fun - of course, it seems that everyone else has an accent but *I* don't....!!! I wish I could hear my own accent in the way others do. I live in a southern state, NC, but don't have much of a southern accent - folks in the US will comment on that and ask how that is. However, I have been told by colleagues from other countries that I have a very strong American accent - I cannot even fathom what that is or how it sounds.

Anyway - not sure why I went on this tangent but Australian accent is one that I find delightful - and Irish where I believe @padjoetho hails. The Brits and folks from the UK (is that the same thing......? Showing my dumbness, here) have a lovely accent and I have been trying to adopt just the right way to use the word brilliant - something good happens......? BRILLIANT!! B)

I'm curious - What do the Slims outside of the US think of the American accent?

@trooworld YAY for signing up for Leslie Sansone's monthly membership, Walk at Home!! You are really taking January by storm, so happy for you and your progress, way to go!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,909 Member
    Options
    @TwistedSassette Yes and there is a 7-day free trial so you can see if it is for you. Here's the link: http://www.walkathome.com/ Sorry you have a headache, I had one yesterday and it sucked lol. Happy Thursday!

@TeresaW1020 Yes, she may not be intense enough for some but for someone with a lot of weight to lose or is a beginner, she is perfect! Luckily I already have resistance bands but the weights, I only need 1-3 lb hand weights so they have those on Amazon for not so much. :) My husband just found some 1 lb weights so I don't have to buy those, yay! I'm glad you are doing so well!

@raleighgirl09 Good luck at weigh-in tomorrow! I'm glad you got a good night's sleep. Thanks for your support! I feel like I'm doing well.

@Katmary71 I hope the weather improves soon where you are.

Hi all. I had a busy day at work yesterday and usually, that would stop me from any activity after work but yesterday I came home and did a 33 minute Leslie Sansone video! I ate pretty well yesterday with the exception of having a 1/3 of a candy bar from India that I was just too curious about as well as a piece of mini Toblerone. But that's a big difference from a couple of weeks ago chocolate binge.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • adhmrh
    adhmrh Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 good morning. Hope all is good. Had a question. What do I do if I can’t weigh in this week? My hubby and I had a chance to get out of town for the weekend. I won’t be able to weigh in tomorrow. Wasn’t sure what I should do. Thanks.
  • TwistedSassette
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Thanks for the love. My headache disappeared by the evening, thankfully, so I was able to get some good exercise in last night!

@GabiV125 Good to see the scale going the right direction :smile:

@raleighgirl09 I can't wait to see what Henry gets up to at the beach! Sounds like you have a good plan for the weekend so I hope it all works out for you. Glad to hear you got some good sleep!

I know what you mean about accents, I feel like I don't have a strong accent but to you I probably would! Though I have worked with people from all over the world and I get used to their accents pretty quickly so after a while it's like they don't have an accent either. One of my dearest friends is Irish (from Republic of Ireland, not Northern Ireland!) and I love hearing her accent and the little quirks and colloquialisms! As for the American accent, well, I know it varies depending on the region of course (as it does here in Australia too), but we consume so much US-based media (TV, movies, YouTube, games etc.) that it just kind of sounds normal to me!

@Katmary71 Sending you hugs and strength to get through this.

@trooworld Thanks for the link, I'll check it out!

@leonadixon Great way to close the month! :smile:

@gwamajtw91 Thanks for sharing the map, it's helpful! You would think as a British subject, I would know the difference between Great Britain and the UK, but apparently I did not. I learned something today!
    Despite having a headache for most of the day, Thursday was a good day overall. I had to go with my parents to the local courthouse to sign some legal documents and have them witnessed, so because I had to take off from work to do that, I had to stay late to make up the time. But I got a lot of work done (busy time of the month) and feel ok about where I'm up to. I got home to a hyper toddler who had apparently decided not to take his nap. That meant an early dinner and bed for him! Hubby also went to bed early as he hadn't slept well the night before so he was wrecked. So by 8:45 I had the house to myself! I played around on my phone for a while and then jumped on my bike. I did an Apple Fitness+ spin workout (which I can only kind of follow, because I have an attack bike so I can't stand up on it or adjust the resistance) and then rode for another 15 minutes after that while reading a book. Then I spent a good 20 minutes stretching on the loungeroom floor while watching Netflix!
    I finished the day with a good deficit and feeling good!
    nxvfdcis4s10.png
    Goals for January:
    Sleep: 190.9/200 hours (average 6.8 hours) - ON TRACK
    Total Calorie Deficit recorded to date: 3,455 - ON TRACK
    Exercise: 661/600 minutes (average 24 minutes) - COMPLETE
    Meditation:4/4 sessions - COMPLETE
    Social Media: 18.48/31 hours (average 0.66 hours) - ON TRACK

Updated to 28/01/2021
  • TwistedSassette
    Options
    ***WEEKLY WEIGH-IN***
    TwistedSassette
    Weigh in day: Friday
    SW: 138.3kg
    PW: 132.9kg
    CW: 133.6kg
    LTD: 4.7kg
    LTW: -0.7kg
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @raleighgirl09 Adventures with Henry is such a fun idea!! I know you are having a blast making these little books for your sweet girl. I’m ready for some spring here in Georgia too! It’s been cold and rainy so much lately. Yeah, I’m not looking forward to the drive down to Orlando but it will be fun to see my new great-niece. :)

@Katmary71 Sending you good vibes that next month will be much better for you. <3

@AustinRuadhain I was about to send out a search party for you! Glad to see you checking in with us. <3

@trooworld Oh if those are the size weights you need then those are much easier to find. Although when I first started Barre Blend I couldn’t find 2 lbs. anywhere and used Dasani bottles for a few weeks. :grin: How did the chocolate from India taste? I would have had to try that too. :)

@adhmrh That is fine! @Broncobuddee can just skip your weigh-in this week. Have a fun weekend getaway. You deserve it! :)

@TwistedSassette What a nice break you had getting the house to yourself and being able to work out and enjoy some time for yourself. A busy working mom like you needs that! :)

@Kerritho Good job on getting the weight to go back down! That is great that you are still fasting. Do you clean fast? And by that I mean just black coffee, plain green or black tea, and plain water or plain sparkling water. If not and you are using creams or sweeteners that will make it much harder to fast longer hours. I know this from personal experience. :)

Hi Team!! I’m sooo frustrated right now. :s I bought a bra a few weeks ago that I knew was too big but thought it would do. But I hate it. It was a 38DD and it’s too big around but fits well in the cups. So, I went to Khols and bought five bras (because I can’t try them on there) and none of them fit right!! Since losing weight I just don’t know what size I am anymore. I measure 34 band and 40 bust, which the calculators have me anywhere from a 34DDD to a 38C. I can’t find any 34DDD and I’m afraid to order one, but I might have to. And the 38’s don’t fit at all. I tried a 36D and that did ok, but it was still too small in the cup. Most annoying!! Any advice for me? :/

January Goals: 1/28
    No Sugar Challenge: 28 Days sugar-free!
    Fast for 19+ hours: I fasted 19 hrs.
    Ate on plan: It was a Keto day
    Workout 30+ minutes: Today was a rest day
    Drink 96+ oz. of water: I got all my water in for the day
    2021 Focus Word: TRANSFORMATION
  • raleighgirl09
    Options
    Week 4 weigh in Thursday (28Jan2021)
    Previous weight:176.2
    Current weight: 178.2
    LTD MFP #2 56.8 lbs
    LTD overall 121.8

Well. I got nuthin' for that. I really thought I'd be the same if not a bit less - but that is not to be, I guess. Starting Saturday, I won't be near a reliable scale for a few weeks, going to be at the coast until mid February with the dang Sketchy Scale. I guess I'll weigh on those Thursdays and it will just be whatever it is. I'll feel like I'm flying blind but all I can do is stick to the habits and keep moving. Today was good but again with cereal for lunch and then my 5pm walk (and lunch is at 3) and then the weirdo feelings and obvious low blood sugar. When that happens I am driven to eat and literally do not care about going over calories. It's been so long since it was a problem and now 2 times inside of a week. I am diabetic but A1c is like 5.1 as a usual - I don't even monitor my blood sugar anymore.

Anywho, I am a tired pup - and tomorrow is a new day. :)
  • davidji82
    davidji82 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hi all
    davidji82
    Weigh In Day:Friday
    PW:278.6
    CW:275.3

I started rucking on my walks this week. I think it was mentioned here so thanks for the tip.
This discussion has been closed.