Mission Slimpossible - January 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 680 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Saturday morning with a fresh perspective! WARNING - long rambling post below!!

I'm up! I'm almost at'm!!!

I still have to log the bits and bites from yesterday but I updated the Habit Tracker before bed last night and only had 2 check marks. My hurried check in last night allowed for 2 check marks so I selfishly just popped in for the brownie point (as it were!). Weird how even though I know I'm playing tricks on myself, I fall for it!! B)

We're going to the outdoor fireside gathering tonight and I'm going to stay as close to my 1240 calories for the day as I can. I'm planning a substantial late breakfast and then a light late lunch to allow for calorie heavy bratwurst but not be too hungry. If I take an accompaniment to share that is good for me, it could turn out pretty well. I'm not going to super stress it but be more mindful than I had planned to. Not that I had planned to go crazy but I was more in the mood for not worrying about calories too much at that one meal.

The real joy of going is not the food - it's being with friends by a firepit at night and having conversation and laughs for a great visit - if I separate the food from the real why of why we're going, it takes a lot of the pressure off. <3

It's all about the give and take and yesterday evening I was suddenly very hungry with the shaky-weirdy feeling that demands attention (food) so I had what was available and realized...I had not planned for a dinner that was immediately ready, light in sodium and very filling so that I could eat before leaving on a 3 hour drive and arrive not hungry. That takes planning and is not as simple as it may sound, but I'll be ready for it next Friday when we do it all over again.

I'm almost done with my Hazel book entitled: 'A Book for Hazel: Henry Visits Grandad and Gigi' and am loving every minute of doing it. Henry is back at the ranch and not with us this trip but I'm going to take a selfie of Grandad and Gigi while on the waterfront today and write a simple letter to Hazel on the back and mail it to her. Then I'll finish the Henry book and send it next week - I'll take a picture of it and show you all what we ended up with! Because I think and do in excess (it's my middle name!) it has become a serious project that will be laminated and put together with snaps and numbered pages so Hazel can take it apart and have a puzzle with it by numbers whenever she's ready for such a thing. The lamination will help it survive a 2 year old and I hope it is something she'll enjoy for a long time. Already thinking of the next Henry adventures - he's going to go to the beach and he's going to have an adventure in the backyard with Grandad, helping him work on kayaks in the backyard - Henry will hop into a few different kayaks (we have what could be termed a 'fleet') and try them all, he'll dress up in the gear (hat, sunglasses, life vest, use a kayak paddle, kayak skirt, etc.) and he'll pretend to fish from the kayak on the deck. Fo' sho' fun times with Henry - a happenstance relationship that has blossomed into something sweet and quite therapeutic.
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I am reminded, reading everyone's thoughts and ups and downs - the daily life struggles we all have - that my COVID experience is vastly different from some others; experiences. Thank you to @adhmrh for the work you did and thank you so much for the gift of time and attention you gave your slice and corner of the world. @gwamajtw91 prayers for you and your friends and family as you traverse some of the worst pitfalls outcomes of this pandemic. I try to not think of just myself, with really only inconveniences due to the virus but I do sometimes get all wrapped up in my own head. My ardent hope and wish is that your husband is fine and this doesn't touch you any more deeply than it has already. <3<3<3

@davidji82 way to go - awesome stuff to hit those goals!!!
    @TeresaW1020 wootWOOT!! What a great week and January you are having, showing that consistent dedication and working on habits will take you sailing into progress!! I will cheer you all on for the Beck way, sitting out for the participation - how very generous of you to lead the group in that exercise, that will really help everyone stay on track!
    @trooworld this is a nice drop, nearly a pound - more will join that .08! I'm looking forward to exploring this plan of PLANNING of letting up for a meal and not demanding to stay at the 1240 because I want to have a sustainable existence, not bounce back and forth from one extreme to the other.
    @Cornanda I am so excited for that 7 for you!! It is really awesome to see the down pattern like - new numbers are worthy of celebration!! We celebrate right along with you!! Yay {{{{{throwing confetti everywhere!!!}}}}}
    @SammyDee2015 I know you're looking forward to leveling out the meds and getting to a stable feeling of knowing what to expect - it's hard when the obstacles are necessary and can't be swatted away as easily as a fly! That Viking blood will be a great angle on the shoulder as you soldier on past this - stepping over the bodies as you go! You can do it, and we're here to cheer you along!
    @Katmary71 wow, a book club! How do you feel about audio listeners versus paper turners.......? Yeah, please post the link because some of us (me) are not really savvy all the time, or sometimes even any of the time, and that would be super helpful. The mirror - Rosanarosanadana once said......"It's always sumthin'!!!!"

More later folks - there's a Saturday out there waiting to happen!
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,610 Member
    Options
    @padjoetho Great loss!!

@mlhopp93 Good job! Keep doing what you’re doing!

@trooworld Ohhh I haven’t had jello shots for years!! Sugar free is a good idea. I hope you have a great night playing video games - what do you play? I think 0.8lbs is a good loss with everything that has been going on. You got this.

@raleighgirl09 I’m glad that your feeling more positive this morning. I hate those blood sugar level crashes you describe. I’m insulin resistant so it’s often a risk for me if I don’t eat. I think your book about Henry’s adventures sounds wonderful!!

@RYcare How wonderful! What a great loss this week and a fantastic milestone!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    My Saturday was good! Nice and relaxing. Did a bunch of housework, with Harry Potter movies playing in the background. Did some strength training and some stretching and yoga so got a lot of minutes in. Finished the day a little over goal on calories but still with a deficit.
    Sunday morning now, I’m still lying in bed just catching up on MFP groups. I have some friends coming over for coffee and a play date for all our kids this morning so a bit more housework to do before then (but after coffee). I can hear the toddler is awake so I must get up now and tend to him! Have a great weekend everyone!
    nxvfdcis4s10.png
    Goals for January:
    Sleep: 156.1/200 hours (average 6.8 hours) - ON TRACK
    Total Calorie Deficit recorded to date: 3,076 - ON TRACK
    Exercise: 477/600 minutes (average 21minutes) - ON TRACK
    Meditation: 3/4 sessions - ON TRACK
    Social Media: 14.89/31 hours (average 0.65 hours) - ON TRACK

Updated to 23/01/2021
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    The real joy of going is not the food - it's being with friends by a firepit at night and having conversation and laughs for a great visit - if I separate the food from the real why of why we're going, it takes a lot of the pressure off. <3

Brilliant! That is what I told myself today too. I ate my food, threw my plate in the trash, opened another bottle of sparkling water, and enjoyed my friends. We can do it can’t we? :grin:

@trooworld Thanks, I just went and bought the workbook too! Our brains are going to be switched to skinny thinking for sure now! :grin: Yayy on the weight loss! It will be more next week. Just keep doing what works! <3 Ohhh my jello shots. Now those are some memories!! :D

Hi Team! Today has been super busy so please forgive me for not replying to each of you this evening, but I did read all the posts. Today was the baby shower, which was super fun and the mom was very surprised. I’m very happy to report that I didn’t touch the delectable cupcakes, Rice Krispy treats, or the punch. There was fruit and I had one small wedge of cantaloupe and I did have a small croissant with my chicken salad. Once I came home, I’ve been super busy trying to put together a lesson for children’s church that was sprung on me right before I went to bed last night. The woman who was supposed to do it had her son exposed to Covid and they have to quarantine him until he can get a test on Monday. And now I need to go make that cheesecake I spoke of earlier in the week and wrap some presents for my mom’s birthday tomorrow. We are taking her out for a steak dinner! :)

January Goals: 1/23
    No Sugar Challenge: 23 Days sugar-free!
    Fast for 19+ hours: I fasted 18 hrs.
    Ate on plan: Stayed fairly low carb today
    Workout 30+ minutes: #MBFA full body burn
    Drink 96+ oz. of water: I got all my water in for the day
    2021 Focus Word: TRANSFORMATION

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,579 Member
    Options
    Here's the book group link, hope it's ok to post. It won't let me change the picture from that ski trip picture, I've tried on my laptop and my phone, sorry it's so goofy! https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/139700-the-book-nook

I did some housework today, I'm trying to rest more often instead of power through everything and then rest when I'm worn out. So far it's going better, I mopped and vacuumed and wiped down the counters. Nothing else going on, church tomorrow morning then more housework and reading. I'm still doing my usual workout and was under calories today.
  • tslose
    tslose Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    TSLOSE
    Sunday
    BW 191.4
    PW 187.4
    CW 187.6

So disappointed in myself. Go off track - so easy to do. I will get back on track. Heading out for some exercise!

Log log log!
    Water water water!
    Move Move Move!
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    gckm8ktuemay.png

WEEK FOUR CHALLENGE is up and ready for your participation! :)

JANUARY REFLECTIONS
  • apple852hk
    apple852hk Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    @TwistedSassette what a great idea to break down the whole bar and wrap separately. I've been buying snavk size portions. They cost more, but maybe I'll separate a bar into portion sizes. Thanks for the tip

[quote="TwistedSassette;

@apple852hk Sorry the chocolate monster got you! That's why I didn't participate in the sugar-free January - I would have done the same as you and made it a while and then overindulged. Does it help you if the chocolate is wrapped in individual servings? Even if you took a big block, broke it up into your daily allowance and wrapped them separately, even labelled with the day you will eat it? Stuff like that helps me, thought it might be worth a shot.
  • apple852hk
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 my goal weight is121lbs / 55kg. I'm nearly there but it's just as challenging as when I first tried losing weight. Nothing has changed.

I like your focus word Transformation. But for me it's CONSISTENCY

[quote="TeresaW1020;c
    @apple852hk Cutting portion sizes has always been a struggle for me too but I’m really trying to watch how much I put on my plate. Maybe use a smaller plate? Are you at your goal weight or close to it? :)

Focus Word: TRANSFORMATION[/B]
    [/quote]

• apple852hk
    Options
    Weigh in Apple852hk
    Week 4 - Jan 2021 Sunday
    PW 139.3lbs (63.2kg)
    CW 136.9lbs (62.1kg)
    LTD about 45.8lbs (20.8kg)
    GOAL weight 121lbs (55kg)

Returned to last week's weight. Which is good, as I was progressively gaining these past months.

First time I took a photo of all the chocolate wrappers I'd eaten the inside of. At first I ate 2 chocolate bars in one sitting. As I promosed myself, after eating one and folding one cube I can have another if making a cube before eating another didn't stop me. By the end of the week, it stopped me having 2 chocolates in one sitting. I've shared a photo of the 5 chocolates I ate this week.

GOALS
    1. Fold origami cube AFTER eating a serving of chocolate, instead of rushing for another serving.
    Share pictures of how many cubes made, with slimpossibiles group.
    2. Go for a walk daily for a minimum of srm6i6io1k4v.jpg
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    @gwamajtw91 I think if you looked in Websters that would be the definition of a terrible, no good, very bad week. Hope your husband is out of the woods now and that your other dear ones are OK as well.

@TeresaW1020 I ordered the book yesterday, but supposedly it will not arrive until 2/8 or much later. I think they are posting "worst case scenario" shipping dates, so we'll see.

Just popped on for a quick catch up. I'm running around trying to get my chores done so I can plant myself on the couch and watch the Packers beat the Bucs this aft! Have a good Sunday........
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,909 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    @raleighgirl09 Taking a side dish was a great idea. I love your realization about the real joy---I can see where that would take the pressure off. How did it go? re: the book...I think Hazel will long cherish the Henry book. <3 Will you ever "give" Henry to Hazel?

@TwistedSassette I hadn't either lol. Unfortunately, the store we went to didn't have sugar-free Jello. I should have gone to another store but I didn't, I got the sugar-filled Jello and that had a lot of points. :( We play co-op games on the PS4 like Diablo III and Uncooked. We ended up researching a bunch of games instead of actually playing anything lol. That happens a lot on Saturday nights. I can't wait for the Sims 5 to come out, that is my favorite game of all-time. Although that is a one-person game and on the PC. I love Harry Potter movies. I hope you enjoy the time with friends.

@TeresaW1020 Yes! And I already read the first 4 chapters, I was so excited. I can't wait for Feb 1st to start the real work! Yeah, I hadn't had Jello shots for years and years. They were fun. You stayed strong at the baby shower, strengthening your "NO" muscle and the next time will be that much easier! Enjoy the time with your mom and the cheesecake!

@bethanie0825 I weigh daily, too, and had the same problem with the scale going up on weigh-in day. That stinks!

@apple852hk Consistency is a great word. That's something I need to work at, too. Congrats on the awesome loss! That's great that folding the cubes helped you stop at 2 chocolates.

@Cornanda I'm glad you are joining us. I've already read the first 4 chapters in anticipation of starting and it looks like a game-changer kind of book! :) You have a great Sunday as well.

Hi all. I've been having a great weekend. Last night's chicken nachos were a hit---see picture below. Don't mind the really brown ones, those were just "extra crispy" lol! The Jello shots were fun, too, but I couldn't find sugar-free Jello at the store I was at so I used regular, which was a mistake. I'm trying to stay away from sugar to reduce my back pain. This morning is off to a great start: I picked up a few things at the grocery store and I came back and jumped on the spin bike before I could talk myself out of it. I rode for 20 minutes which is 13 minutes longer than I wanted to. I just kept saying, "After this song. This is a good song, keep going" and it worked, I did the whole 20 minutes! I know that might not be much for some, but for someone that is practically a sloth like me, it's a step in the right direction.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS

dw0fxje5vaxk.jpg
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    uwocukvmflh4.jpg
    298bucqif6u9.png
    7srqpgjerhbj.png
    amn2je3d5y4h.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    3nq1wtdcqd31.png

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    r90549g0c6f6.png

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @digger61 2.73 %
    2nd @tryingagain5 2.51%
    3rd @LaurieWrobo 2.48 %

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @mlhopp93 6.2 Lbs
    2nd @digger61 6.0 Lbs
    3rd @tryingagain5 5.4 Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @squeakmnm41
    @TheMrWobbly
    @lindamtuck2018
    @Freeglerock
    @Tazaria87
    @davidji82
    @goingape
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    @PlaneMonkey

srkjhbtvudo3.png

• TeresaW1020
    Options
    @bethanie0825 I’m a daily weigher too and if you know that the number is just data and doesn’t always reflect all the good work you are doing then you are fine. That bigger loss will show up next week. :)

@digger61 Great loss this week! I hope you are feeling better. :)

@Katmary71 Very wise for you to take it slow and rest so you don’t end up in terrible pain and worn out. :)

@tslose It’s hard to always stay on track but you can get back on it for sure. That gain was so tiny it hardly counts at all. Enjoy your exercise. B)

@apple852hk You had a great week!! Question for you. Do you buy those chocolate bars? Is there a way that you can not buy them or strictly limit how many you do buy at a time? I almost never buy chocolate for myself because I deem that off-limits before I ever go into a store. It’s when other people buy it that I get into trouble. Your little cubes are so cute! What do you do with them all? :)

@Cornanda Yayyy I’m glad that you ordered the book!! Mine said it would come later than it actually did so maybe your will come sooner too. Did you get the workout book too? It was only $.99 for Kindle. It’s not necessary but it might be helpful if you can get it. I’m going to be posting a question a day so you will be able to at least see what we are doing and then once you get the book, you can catch up at your pace. But fingers crossed it will hurry and arrive!

@trooworld Yayyy I am super excited to get started on doing the work too! I am out of town for three days so I will be reaching out to you soon to help with the daily questions. ;) Those nachos look amazing!! Restaurant worthy for sure. B) Congrats on doing the 20 minutes on the bike. Keep pushing yourself and like the water drinking your exercise will start to become easier and something you crave to do.

:star:CONGRATULATIONS TEAM!! :star: We are the top winner for the week, and I think that is fantastic considering we are in week three of this new year. I challenge us all to dig a little deeper this last week of January and see if we can reach even greater heights. This week we lost 28 lbs. How about we shoot for 35 lbs!! B):grin:

Today, was a great day! I had a lot of fun teaching the kids this morning in children’s church and then we took mom out for a steak dinner for her 78th birthday. Afterward, we came home and had the individual Keto cheesecakes that I made with fresh strawberries and caramel flavored coffee. It was soooo good and I’m super full right now. BUT, I didn’t have any real sugar today, even though at children's church I was in front of that big bucket of chocolate candy again. So, I’m calling that a huge win!! :grin:

January Goals: 1/24
    No Sugar Challenge: 24 Days sugar-free!
    Fast for 19+ hours: I fasted 21 hrs. 45 min.
    Ate on plan: Stayed fairly low carb today. I had a baked sweet potato at dinner.
    Workout 30+ minutes: Barre Blend lean legs
    Drink 96+ oz. of water: I got all my water in for the day
    2021 Focus Word: TRANSFORMATION
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,610 Member
    Options
    @bethanie0825 I do the same thing! Imagine if you had worked hard all week and only saw the 0.5 loss. It would be easy to think it wasn’t working but by collecting the data throughout the week you know the truth!

@digger61 EPIC loss! Congrats!

@apple852hk Great weigh in! I’m glad you found some traction this week.

@trooworld I love The Sims too! Haven’t played it in forever, might find some time to do that soon. We usually play COD on our PS4s but sometimes WoW on our PCs.
    Good job on spinning for 20 - much better than slothing! The nachos look delicious!

@TeresaW1020 Sounds like a great day - and great job avoiding the candy!

Well done team Slimpossibles! Great week all around!!
    I’ve had a nice, relaxed weekend and still have 2 more days before going back to work! Went for a swim with the little guy yesterday which was nice, and then my sister came around for a board games night. It was such fun but I did drink too many beers and didn’t have a deficit. But I did track it so that’s something. Didn’t go to bed until about 1am, but hubby let me sleep in this morning so that was lovely!
    nxvfdcis4s10.png
    Goals for January:
    Sleep: 163.1/200 hours (average 6.8 hours) - ON TRACK
    Total Calorie Deficit recorded to date: 2,901- ON TRACK
    Exercise: 527/600 minutes (average 22 minutes) - ON TRACK
    Meditation:4/4 sessions - COMPLETE
    Social Media: 15.49/31 hours (average 0.65 hours) - ON TRACK

Updated to 24/01/2021
This discussion has been closed.