Mission Slimpossible - January 2021 Team Chat

jugar
jugar Posts: 9,891 Member
uoc4j31esg8j.png

Here is your Team chat room for January 2021. This is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post every day, and help each other succeed!

We have six great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Beka - @Beka3695
Teresa - @TeresaW1020
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970

Our Team Captains:
Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020
Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and open
Waist Aways - @jugar and @micki48
Shrinking Assets - @Boehle and @beka3695
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970

Our Team Motivators:
Mission Slimpossibles - @AustinRuadhain @katmary71 and @raleighgirl09
Trimstones - @Emmajhare and @angmarie28
Weight No More - @KUMEcyclingteam
Waist Aways - @Terytha and @conleywoods
Shrinking Assets - @hipari
Downsizers - @Z10Rtza and @littleflutterby

HOW IT ALL WORKS:
Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, every week without fail! At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also track those small, steady losses with the Green Week count. If you lose, however small an amount, it counts for 1 week in the green. At the end of the month we celebrate everyone who lost every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard!

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:

Username
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you need a week off, a break, a change of weigh-in day - just ask your Captains here on your team chat page. If you take a break, you are moved to the Support Team. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions and weigh in if you want to, but your weigh-ins will not be counted on the weekly tally. If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to ask if you are travelling, sick, or just needing some time off.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone! You need support to maintain, and you can help your teammates join you. You continue to weigh in every week, and if you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month and year begin!!

Replies

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member

@TwistedSassette I am so excited for the new year too! There is just something about a fresh start that is so energizing. I had not heard of Apple Fitness plus and just looked it up. That looks amazing! It’s a little cheaper than my Beachbody on Demand which I just signed up for another year. You will have to keep us posted on the workouts and how you like them.

Hi Team! It has been a cold, dreary, and constant rainy day here. Good thing that I didn’t have any plans and have been mostly relaxing. I didn’t get much sleep last night because my little dog had a major freak out over the fireworks going off in the neighborhood and kept us up until after 3 am. Plus, I drank most of a bottle of champagne and ate a bunch of dark chocolate. I woke up excited that today was a new year and that I had big goals to achieve. I know that I will do even better tomorrow. 😊

January Goals: 1/1
    No Sugar Challenge: I was sugar-free today
    Fast for 19+ hours: I fasted for only 16 hours due to staying up so late and drinking champagne
    Ate on plan I was strict Keto today
    Workout 30+ minutes: I did #MBF Cardio Core
    Drink 96+ oz. of water: I will have 100 oz. by the end of the day.
    2021 Focus Word: TRANSFORMATION
  • krea4
    krea4 Posts: 1,809 Member
    @Cstockton18
    Sorry to hear about your I'll health. I hope the MRI will reveal something that is treatable and help you to establish healthier and happier lifestyle you want.
  • Cstockton18
    Cstockton18 Posts: 15 Member
    Cstockton18
    Weigh day Saturday
    Start weight 182.2
  • Cstockton18
    Cstockton18 Posts: 15 Member
    @krea4 Thank you for your lovely message I’m exactly the same with sugar massive sweet tooth ha going to do my best to cut out processed sugars this month 😬 I do love a challenge ha
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,781 Member
    Username:Trooworld
    Weigh in week: Week 4
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Previous Weight: 230.8
    Todays Weight: 230.6
    Loss To Date: 17.4
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    edited January 2021
    @Cstockton18 Hi Charlene! I’m so happy you are a part of our team. You look so young in your profile picture. What is the age of your kids? I am so sorry to read about your chronic sciatica pain. I know back pain but not even close to the extent that you have been suffering with. I sure hope that the MRI and your doctor can help you find some relief. I do agree that getting fit and healthy can only help you. :)

@krea4 I am so happy to see you here with us for another month. Many people join every month and I find those that jump in and post often are the ones to stick around and usually have the best results. Good for you for having a great start to the no sugar challenge! I totally believe that we can go for a whole month and not give in to that terrible sugar monster. Keep telling yourself that it’s just for one month or even just for that day. We can do it!! :)

@GabiV125 Glad, you are back and focused and now that the holidays are over you can tackle that last 15 lbs and show us how to live in maintenance. B)

@trooworld Woot, you lost weight this week!! That has to feel good considering we just had New Year’s Eve. :grin: Did you get your walk in today?

@cdnlaxmom Hi Shannon, I am so glad that you have joined our group! Yikes, four kids, and all of you stuck at home again. But you have great January goals and a wonderful word for 2021. You have to actively believe that you can change your health and strive every day to make it happen. You might stumble along the way but make a vow to yourself to never give up and to start working towards your goals as soon as possible. I LOVE BOD and have done several programs. My favorites have been Barre Blend, 21 Day Fix, 80 Day Obsession, and LIIFT4. I just started #MBF last week and so far I’m really loving it! I can already see that I will be repeating this program for sure. I don’t follow their food programs or buy the products. I do intermittent fasting and eat as low carb as I can manage because I’ve had to finally accept that my body just hates lots of carbs. It also hates lots of cheese, which is seriously annoying! :#:grin:

@vegan4lyfe12012 I totally believe that this is going to be your year to get that 45 lbs off! I have the same amount to lose as well so we are going to encourage each other all the way to goal. Deal? :grin: Yes, you have to take it easy with that arm until you are fully healed. I once went to Weight Watchers with a woman who listened to podcasts and walked 5 miles a day inside her small house. So NO excuses!! :p I’m glad that you have your daughter helping you go more whole foods with your veganism. One of my very good friends lost 65 lbs last year by doing a whole food, raw vegan diet. She looks incredible! Yes to your phrase, “With Purpose.” That is perfect!!

@tslose Glad you found us over in the new chat thread. It can get confusing at the end of each month. I’m glad that you are doing the habit tracker! That is OK that you don’t do the sugar challenge if you feel it would be too restrictive but I also encourage everyone to only do what they feel they can do. Maybe instead of no sugar at all, you challenge yourself to more moderation? ;)

@Jactop Great goals for 2021 and what a good idea to work on one habit at a time. Building on your habits is one of the best ways to make sure you stick to them. :smile:

Hi Team! I’m super annoyed right now because my brand new computer is having issues again. I will take it in on Monday and hopefully get it fixed. Right now I’m on the laptop which is fine and of course better than nothing. I had a great day other than my computer issues. I worked out this morning and then cleaned the house. Before my computer issues, I sat and worked on my January dinner menu. I put together a whole month that will hopefully keep me on track with my fasting and low carb eating. Three days a week my goal is to either fast the whole day or only eat a 500 calorie. I have that wedding in early February so my focus is on fitting into my outfit and looking as cute as possible. :)

January Goals: 1/2
    No Sugar Challenge: I was sugar-free today!
    Fast for 19+ hours: I fasted for 21 hrs. 40 min.
    Ate on plan: I ate on plan. Keto chili and low-carb cornbread
    Workout 30+ minutes: I did #MBF Full Body and a bunch of housework
    Drink 96+ oz. of water: I will have close to a gallon by the end of the day.
    2021 Focus Word: TRANSFORMATION
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,447 Member
    I am LOVING reading everyone’s word for 2021 and seeing what goals and plans you have in store!

@cdnlaxmom Lol the acupressure mat does look scary! The points feel sharp when you touch them with your hands, but when you lie on it, it doesn’t hurt at all! In fact, I was a little scared of it so I made sure I had fabric between my skin and the mat but next time, I think I will try it on bare skin!
    I am enjoying Fitness+ so far. I do a variety of exercises so it’s working well for me so far!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    nxvfdcis4s10.png
    Goals for January:
    Sleep: 13.3/200 hours (average 6.7hours)
    Total Calorie Deficit to Date: -22
    Exercise: 65/600 minutes (average 33minutes)
    Meditation: 1/4 sessions
    Social Media: 1.17/31 hours (average 0.59 hours)

Updated to 02/01/2021
This discussion has been closed.