Mission Slimpossible - January 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,593 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Thanks for your kind words. Hubby seems to be coming down with the cold now, I think he's going to get a covid test today just to be sure but we're pretty sure it's just a cold. My food choices and lack of exercise are really just laziness. I think being back at work and in routine will help, I just need to give it a little time.
    P.S. I love the Consistency pic - it's absolutely true!

@trooworld To be honest, I hadn't heard of either machine until I wanted to start making my own stickers for my planner (because those things are EXPENSIVE) and I started looking into it. I have a friend with a little crafting business (making cake toppers and decorated cups etc.) so I took her recommendation for the Silhouette!

@GretchenReine Wow I would not have thought you were turning 50 by looking at your profile pic! Good on you for setting yourself a standard for your health! Happy Birthday for a few days time :smile:

@buniphuphu You're so right, people really jump on the bandwagon in January! I think it's sad that most won't stick to it though. Great word for the year!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Not much to update here, much of the same! My sister came around to play board games last night so it was another late night, poor food choices and no exercise apart from some squats I did earlier in the day. A non-zero day I guess, but not what I was planning for!
    On a side note, I don't know if anyone is into Harry Potter or board games, but I highly recommend the Hogwarts Battle game! It's a co-operative deck-building game where you work together to defeat the villains at Hogwarts. It's really fun and quite challenging in the higher levels. I got it for Christmas and it's given us so many hours of fun so far and we're only up to game 6 of 7 (plus another 4 I think in the expansion). Highly recommend!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    nxvfdcis4s10.png
    Goals for January:
    Sleep: 24/200 hours (average 6.0 hours) - AT RISK
    Total Calorie Deficit to Date: -22 - AT RISK
    Exercise: 70/600 minutes (average 18 minutes) - AT RISK
    Meditation: 1/4 sessions - ON TRACK
    Social Media: 2.18/31 hours (average 0.55 hours) - ON TRACK

Updated to 04/01/2021
  • kerritho
    kerritho Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Kerritho
    Fridays
    PW: 69kg 152 lbs
    CW: 69kg 152 lbs
    LTD: 0lbs

Jan 01 - 152
    Jan 08 -
    Jan 15 -
    Jan 22 -
    Jan 29 -
    Jan 31 -

Hi Everyone

I'm a new member from Sydney Australia. I posted my starting data in the Dec chat when I received invitation after registering and have just realised I needed to post it here too.

I'm really enjoying the habit tracker and think that will truly help me to stay motivated to stay within the MFP calorie target.

My husband needs to lose more weight than I. I'm using the Michael Moseley Fast 800 recipe book for our meals and that is helping both of us. We are swimming laps and cycling so if we can keep that up I'm sure January will be a good month for us.

Thanks to the team involved in developing the tracker and supporting the chat. I'm really impressed with your efforts.

Kerri
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @SammyDee2015 Glad that you are back with us! :)

@GretchenReine Glad you are back! We will make sure to get @broncobuddee to put your back on the roster. It was a very rough year for so many of us. I think taking it slow and focusing on one chunk at a time is the best way to go. I only focus on the next 5 lbs. That is great that you are incorporating exercise. That will help you feel so much better and stay on track! :)

@buniphuphu glad you are back too and survived December! Great word for 2021!! B)

@padjoetho Hi Patrick! It’s great to have you here in our group! Luck of the Irish to you too! :grin:

@Jactop Nice loss!! B)

@TwistedSassette Sorry that your hubby is getting sick. Certainly hope that the COVID test is negative! I’m sure you will get back in the swing of health once you get back into your routine. I never do well when my routine is out of whack. :/

@kerritho Hello and welcome! I’m glad that you are liking the habit tracker. I LOVE Michael Mosely! Are you an intermittent faster too? :)

Hi Team! Today was a mellow day. I woke up extra early and played on the computer until I did my workout. Afterward, I ran up to Aldi to stock up on this week’s meat supply and other staples. Tomorrow, I will finish my grocery shopping. I was happy that the scale went down this morning but I’m still up almost three pounds since the all-time low that I saw on Christmas Eve. I’m not worried because I have my plan and I’m going to make it happen! :)

January Goals: 1/4
    No Sugar Challenge: I was sugar free today
    Fast for 19+ hours: I fasted 19 hours
    Ate on plan Stuck to my low carb and had two meals today.
    Workout 30+ minutes: I did half of #MBF, week two leg day
    Drink 96+ oz. of water: Sooo much water and coffee today! :grin;
    2021 Focus Word: TRANSFORMATION

6mn2tye637kb.png
  • buniphuphu
    buniphuphu Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    @TwistedSassette The Harry Potter game looks fantastic! I ordered it today. It reminds me of Shadows over Camelot, which I highly recommend. It's another cooperative game, but it must be out of print because Amazon is selling it for $300, and I did not pay anywhere NEAR that amount!
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Monday check in

Hiya gang - a hearty and warm WELCOME to our newest team members, and a huge hug and cheers (belly bump? fist bump? high five? kissKISS on each cheek!!!) to our returning members!! =>

I'm Maria - a very human (read = often flawed) Slimpossibles motivator who has been in need of patience and forgiveness for several months. I refuse to give up and hope you all can hang in with me as I gain footing again in 2021. I've lost a buncha weight over time, and much of it in the past year and a half or so on MFP (for the 2nd time) and am in a spot I have been many times but.....I'm in a fight to the good - in it to win it - and am not going to let go. This is my motivating message for today, team. Do not let go, even if it feels very humbling to walk to center stage and say for the millionth time....I'm coming back to it. Do not lose heart and give in, keep coming back.

So this no sugar challenge I, oh-so-casually, said I would do, has had some interesting moments, so far! Like on 02Jan when I had strawberry jam and then asked myself.....uh, SELF - don't you think dang JAM has SUGAR??? Whew, I am in for a bigger challenge than I at first thought. I was thinking 'don't eat doughnuts' kinda thang. I kinda railed inwardly for a bit and then I thought....DUDE - the whole point of a no-sugar CHALLENGE is because it will have some decisive points in time when you can choose one thing over another and not necessarily be happy about it in the id, the deep-down pleasure center. And if you can DO THAT - well, then....challenge met. If you eat something that is sugary then....derrrrrr.....challenge not met and you should think about that.

Just tonight, just a little bit ago, I could claim a no sugar day. And then when I sat down to write this....I got up and had a smidge of peanut butter and jelly on a spoon. I hate that I had to record it and change that data below. But Rome wasn't built in a day. I didn't lose a buncha weight by making the best choice daily - but more importantly, I haven't kept the majority of the weight off by lying to myself (or you) about choices I made.

Here's to a better tomorrow.

January NO SUGAR challenge - no
    Stick to the calorie baseline set by MFP no
    Drink 10-12 cups of water a day yes
    Log all foods, prelog with meal prep as much as possible yes
    10,000 steps a day as logged by Fitbit yes
    Check in with the SLIMS daily! yes
    Record daily in the Habit Tracker yes

• raleighgirl09
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Tuesday mini check in with a No Sugar Challenge question

Morning to everyone who is rising and howdy to those who have been up and at 'em for a while during your day!! =>

For the No Sugar Challenge - I had a homemade frozen fruit smoothie yesterday made with plain yogurt and some fruit I had on hand in the freezer; banana, pineapple, mango. Sweetened the smoothie with equal. Fruit has sugar, as does yogurt (lactose), and then there's the equal to give a sweetness, although not with any natural sugar. Is the smoothie a fail.......? I also had 2 drinks with gin and diet Sprite which has artificial sweetener.

How strict with no sugar is No Sugar? I was thinking I was avoiding doughnuts, of course, and chocolate or other candy, and then realized this also means strawberry jam, honey, etc. I don't believer I'll maintain absolute zero on the sugar but I can avoid all of the added sugar things, that was my intent. Is it too late (and too weeniefied) to clarify and amend what I define as No Sugar?

Some folks are going to be better at this than I am! B)<3B)
  • raleighgirl09
    Options

UPDATE: So yesterday I ended up working an 11 ½ hour day. I shouldn’t have. It wasn’t planned. I was exhausted. I wanted to go home and go straight to bed, however, I’m not ready to break my workout streak yet. I made myself go to the gym and get 30 minutes in on the treadmill despite not having a hair tie (my hair is too long for this working out without a ponytail) and no ear buds. I had everything going against me but I did my 30 minutes and went home. I honestly had no energy to make dinner, but, luckily mom had made lasagna and all I had to do was heat it up. I really would’ve just fallen asleep without eating if I had to actually “think” about what I wanted to eat.

Yesterday was Day 4 of logging all of my food…the good, the bad and the ugly; Day 4 of the Ragnar 31 Day Activity Challenge; and Day 5 of at least a mile a day.

I have a goal of doing 5.0 miles on Saturday to celebrate my birthday. I have to keep psyching myself up for that so I don’t cave and say screw it!

I hope everyone has a great day!!!

0iaiul8uu4k3.png

@GretchenReine I am going to have this at the top of my mind today as inspiration!! Getting my stitches out today and will need to get in 2 walks to get my 10,000 steps - some challenges ahead to getting them both, so thanks for giving me some inspiration!!
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    @raleighgirl09 That's so awesome! I haven't been around nearly enough so I didn't know about the stitches. Just make sure you listen to the doctor and your body!!! <3
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,894 Member
    Options
    @TwistedSassette I love those little stickers for planners (I don't use a physical planner but I still love them!). They are so cute. Yes, you had a non-zero day. Well done! The Hogwarts Battle game sounds fun.

@kerritho It sounds like you are off to a great start!

@TeresaW1020 I know you are going to make it happen, when you set your mind to something, you achieve it! <3

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS.
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Right now not much is under control. It seems like every day THIS YEAR , I’m “finding” a new pound and put it on the scale. I dropped the ball for about 10 days and counting, so some of these must be water. I am determined to be patient, but it’s so much harder to not be disappointed.
    Rant over.

@GretchenReine - i too have a b-day this month and your 5 miles on the day sound as the best plan ever. My favorite route is Poplar Tree Park to Ellanor Lawrence Park.
  • GretchenReine
    Options
    @GabiV125 When is yours???
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    1/25- and my name is Gabi- not a very creative username, ha, ha. In my defense I was sure nobody will ever see it as I never go on any forums. Turns out I like to be on this one 😁
  • GretchenReine
    Options
    GabiV125 wrote: »
    1/25- and my name is Gabi- not a very creative username, ha, ha. In my defense I was sure nobody will ever see it as I never go on any forums. Turns out I like to be on this one 😁

Well, considering my name is Gretchen Reine...I can't judge!
This discussion has been closed.