Mission Slimpossible - January 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,565 Member
    Options
    @leonadixon Being mad at yourself won't help anything, just decide how to tackle it now, you got this!

@AustinRuadhain I loved gold stars too! I don't know how old you were but were you a geek like me who in elementary school would sit with their hands folded on the desk?

@TeresaW1020 your whole post was really interesting! I agree with your thinking about thinking about what you deserve versus depriving yourself. It's like thinking of what we CAN eat versus what we can't.

@RYCare Sounds like you had a great week, way to go! I'm sorry to hear about your parent's health, they're lucky to have you helping them. I've been very blessed with having a very supportive family, I was injured fairly young and their support means everything.

@raleighgirl09 Hope you got a good night's sleep! I can't hang at all without sleep, it makes a huge difference in everything.

Well gang, huge fat party foul on my end! I don't know what I was thinking, I made broccoli salad after I got home and tasted the dressing and almost spit it out it was so sweet! What the heck happened to no sugar when I measured the sugar??? I keep joking that I ruin my taste buds not eating sugar but I know it's the opposite, you ruin your taste buds eating it but it's only been since New Year's Eve so I don't know why it was so sweet, I'm still using Splenda. Anyhow, I made more dressing so it wasn't as sweet and will eat it until it's gone. Now I'm discouraged as I planned to have sugar Friday night, my boyfriend's birthday cake, and my brother's birthday cake this month. I'm still under calories and it's more that it makes my pain worse than health reasons so I can't throw in the towel, I just hate when I do that and don't realize it until I do it. ! I lifted arm weights, stretched, and and did my 7 minute arm cardio video. It's only been 3 arm workouts and I'm already feeling stronger, yay!
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Thursday peek (weigh in later today!)

@Katmary71 I'm with you on the sleep, I do much better when I consistently get enough - working from home helps, as long as I am in bed by 10 and asleep by 1030! It's not as easy at it sounds, though.... Your broccoli salad story is so on - I find things sweeter when I don't eat sugar for a while, but I'm not there right now given what I'm not giving up for No Sugar. Happens all the time for me with sodium because I rarely add salt to anything and use as many low or no salt items as I can put up with. I used to eat low fat or no fat, no added sugar - all kinds of things altered for fewer calories or carbs or whatever. Now I mostly just eat the regular stuff because I like it better and eat less of it. That may not work for everyone but it works pretty well for me - now I just do the no or low sodium because of the water retention. Can't get around that issue but it's not the worst thing that could be a problem.
    @GretchenReine great first weigh in of the year!! I'm sure hoping that you can get some rest and gain energy despite the tired from work days - your dedication to the streak is amazing! If you're like me, you work to keep the streak as long as possible because a day off can either be a tail spin....or just a day off - hard to tell.

More later this evening! Have a great day, all!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,896 Member
    Options
    @GretchenReine Great job, that was not easy to do since you were so tired!

@Katmary71 That sounds fun to jam with your boyfriend and his friend, I hope you do it! I hope you can donate blood.

@AustinRuadhain Thank you!

@TeresaW1020 I'm glad you enjoyed the call. When I did keto, I found Dr. Berry's videos inspiring. I love what you wrote about mindset. That's interesting, going from being deprived to being deserving. Here are my thoughts on Mindset:

MINDSET
    I believe I am fighting for my life right now. I am fighting to live because if I don't, obesity is going to kill me. I am older, I am 52, and you might be able to get away with being chubby in your 20s (you may not like it though) but in your 50s, it becomes more serious. I don't want to speed up the countdown clock on my life lol! At the same time, there is this "eff it" part of me that takes over sometimes. It's the part of me that forgets I'm trying to change the way I eat and think. It is the part of me that whispers in my ear, "Go ahead, eat those chocolates. It won't hurt anything." But I need to remember that I am FIGHTING FOR MY LIFE. I need to change my mindset, which is why I chose CHANGE HAPPENS as my phrase for the year.

@Katmary71 Oh that stinks about the dressing. I hate when that happens. Yay for feeling stronger!

Hi all. I didn't do so well yesterday, I went into work for the first time since before Christmas and there were 2 things of chocolate on my desk from my coworkers. I was hungry and instead of eating my actual breakfast, I had chocolates for breakfast. :/ I did track it and the rest of the day went well and as planned. Just those darned chocolates.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS.
  • kerritho
    kerritho Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    @broncobuddee
    Username Kerritho
    Weigh In Day: Friday (Australian time!)
    PW (Previous Weight): 69.1kg / 152.2 lbs
    CW (Current Weight): 67.9kg / 149.38 lbs

Hi Everyone

I’m really loving this group. I find reading the posts really motivating. Also still loving the Habit Tracker. I’ve had a good week mostly. A couple of missteps but I’ve exercised every day and been under my net goal - I’ve eaten a bit more than I should have - had a couple of wines. But I’ve made sure that I exercised enough to cover them.

I’m 58 and have rheumatoid arthritis (in remission at the moment). My doctor has told me the best thing I can do for my health is to get my waist measurement under 80cm. It’s currently 96cm. I carry most of my fat around my waist and therefore surrounding my essential organs.

We are not in a COVID hotspot in Sydney @twistedsassette (although some are saying the whole of greater Sydney is a hotspot!) so we are able to go out. Due to the risk we don’t eat out as much as we used to - that is helping. We did go to a local cafe for lunch yesterday and I ordered a lamb salad without dressing. When it came it had dressing. That’s so annoying.

Thanks for all the posts. I love reading them.

Kerri
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @RYcare Taking care of aging parents who are in poor health is tough. I moved my mom in with us last March and have been dealing with her health issues. You however are doing great!! Just keep doing what you know works and makes you feel good. :)

@raleighgirl09 I’m right there with you with the joy of remote working! I LOVE my morning time in my robe, in front of my computer, Hulu on my phone, and coffee breath filling the air. :grin: Yes, I am really working on shifting my mindset. I had all that food, wine, and sugar over the holidays but I’m not sitting here with fond memories of all those tasty treats. Instead, I’m sitting with regret and anger that I did that to myself…again! I will never gain freedom from food and sugar addiction until I stop giving it my power. :/

@Katmary71 It's true that if you stop eating sweet your taste buds will change. For me, I wish sweets would stop holding any appeal for me, but I am a big cake lover too. Keep up those workouts! :)

@trooworld Yeah, I love me some Dr. Berry! He is so feisty. :D Yes, we are in a fight for our lives! A few months ago, one of the Beachbody trainers was talking about how she had just turned 50 and a friend told her that it was all downhill. She called bull**** and said that she was working on having the second half of her life even better. That is what we need to do. We both have spent wayyy too many years struggling with weight and what it does to us. Let’s stop that cycle and learn to treat our bodies the way they deserve and have an amazing second half. B)

@kerritho Nice weight loss this week! Keep up the good work. I’m glad that you are enjoying the group and habit tracker. Do you find it keeps you more mindful with your choices as you go through your day? I’m sorry about you having rheumatoid arthritis. I’ve heard that all sorts of issues can be solved or improved if we get our weight measurement down to a healthy number. :)

Hi Team! Today was a good day. I didn’t have to go to work because one of our staff members came down with Covid last week. She is young and doing fine, but still in the quarantine period. So we did a phone conference. I also had a good workout this morning and the trainer killed my triceps! I’m hoping for a decent weight loss tomorrow since this has been a really good week. We will see!!
    January Goals: 1/7
    No Sugar Challenge: I was sugar-free today
    Fast for 19+ hours: I fasted 19.5 hours
    Ate on plan: Today was two meals and four cups of coffee. For dinner, I made this loaded cauliflower dish. So tasty!!
    Workout 30+ minutes: Beachbody program #MBF upper body.
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,573 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Howdy Slimlettes! (Stealing that from @raleighgirl09 !)

Wednesday Checkin
    🟢Morning walk/workout (10+ min)
    🟢100 Pushups & Situps Programs (3 ea/week) - I did it!
    🟢Food measured & tracked
    🟢Hit MFP calorie goal
    🟢Workout 45+ / 6 days-wk
    🟢10K steps
    🟢NO SUGAR challenge (for me, no added sugars; I do eat some fruit)
    🟢Check in on Slimpossibles daily

Thursday Plan/Status
    So far, so good. I got in that morning sweat again today!

@Katmary71 - No folded hands for me, but that sure sounds cute!
    Hurray for those am workouts!

@raleighgirl09 and @Katmary71
    I am with you both on the necessity of sleeping enough. For me, I think running sahort on sleep makes it easier to gain weight and harder to get it off. Don;t know if that's true, but it feels like it.

@raleighgirl09 - If you can eat fewer sweets eating the real stuff, then that sure sounds sensible!

@trooworld -
    "I believe I am fighting for my life right now."
    Kepe checking in with that thought the way you are the CHANGE HAPPENS for sure! Very inspiring!
    As far as chocolate for breakfast, yay fort tracking it and yay for being back on track the rest of the day! I hope that means all the temptation has left the desk area, so it is easier to stick to your plan. It's always harder to stay on plan when you're hungry.

@Kerritho
    BOOM! What a great weigh-in!
    It's so great that you are moti9vated to work on your health!

@TeresaW1020
    What a great day you are having! Booyah!
    Your comment about tasty treats not being something we really remember weeks later - very powerful. Those are pleasures that are very strong on the moment, and we do all have to keep practicing looking at longer term goals. I am also feeling extra inspired by @trooworld and @Kerritho in that regard!

@RYcare
    Good for you, taking care of yourself. Watching what you eat and exercising -- great plan!

qkrqbpbcg1ov.jpg
  • raleighgirl09
    Options
    Week 1 weigh in Thursday (07Jan2021)
    Previous weight:184.4
    Current weight: 180.9
    LTD MFP #2 54.1 lbs
    LTD overall 119.1 lbs

Today has been good - still had some sugar as I had almost the last of the dressing from the roasted broccoli. My hubby doesn't like things that are 'odd' or 'weird' which would include my roasted veggies, quinoa, chickpeas and a touch of the dressing, a delish dinner. It was super satisfying and yummy! That's what I got - calories were closer to the MFP goal but still over.

NO SUGAR challenge - no
    Stick to the calorie baseline set by MFP - no
    Drink 10-12 cups of water a day - yes
    Log all foods, prelog with meal prep as much as possible - yes (some pre-logged)
    10,000 steps a day as logged by Fitbit - yes
    Check in with the SLIMS daily! - yes
    Record daily in the Habit Tracker - yes

• padjoetho
    padjoetho Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Starting weight 101kg last checked on the 4th of January

Weight today 8th January 98.8kg

Very positive
  • davidji82
    davidji82 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hi all
    davidji82
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    PW:289.4
    CW:286.6
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Username:davors19
    Weigh in day: Friday

PW: 265
    CW: 265
    LTD: 35
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Username:TeresaW1020
    Weigh in week:  Week 1
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 193.0
    Todays Weight: 191.5
  • raleighgirl09
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Friday (finally!)

Heya Slimsters, woke up to rain this morning - egads, we just got the basement dried out from the last round! We have some water companies coming out in the next several weeks to inspect and give us some quotes - time to swallow the big lump and put a permanent fix to this issue. Continuous development in our area of Raleigh has increased the whole neighborhood's water problem - rain is more of a Heavenly nature!

@TeresaW1020 what a fantastic weigh in - who needs sugar when you have the sweet taste of rolling down to a new decade of numbers???? So thrilled for you!!!! This is a great example of being able to have some holiday food, wine and sugar - and get back on plan! You didn't blow out the whole holiday season - you had some enjoyable and memorable meals and indulgences - and then devised a plan for yourself to return to what is the normal eating for you, now <3<3<3
    @davors19 keeping it in the green, way to go!!
    @davidji82 what a great drop this week, very impressive!
    @padjoetho super first weigh in, most excellent!
    @AustinRuadhain the correlation between sleep and weight loss just cannot be overstated! I started becoming more guarded over my sleep hour - I was a few minutes late last night getting in at 1030 but we turned off the lights pretty quickly. I like it better when we get there about 10 and can just ease into it. What I really like it to end the day with something from this gang - they *really* produce happy vibes from the tip of the hair to the root of the toes!!!: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FU_arNEQ8lM
    Howdy Slimlettes! (Stealing that from @raleighgirl09 !)
    I love playing with the Slim name!! B)B)B)

@kerritho Fantastic drop on your weigh in!! So happy to have you along, this is a very positive and wonderful group of supportive folks! It is disappointing when the salad comes all dressed up with nowhere to go - I hope you were able to skim some off or at least, maybe it wasn't drowning in elaborate garb!
    trooworld wrote: »

MINDSET
    I believe I am fighting for my life right now. I am fighting to live because if I don't, obesity is going to kill me. I am older, I am 52, and you might be able to get away with being chubby in your 20s (you may not like it though) but in your 50s, it becomes more serious. I don't want to speed up the countdown clock on my life lol! At the same time, there is this "eff it" part of me that takes over sometimes. It's the part of me that forgets I'm trying to change the way I eat and think. It is the part of me that whispers in my ear, "Go ahead, eat those chocolates. It won't hurt anything." But I need to remember that I am FIGHTING FOR MY LIFE. I need to change my mindset, which is why I chose CHANGE HAPPENS as my phrase for the year.

@trooworld this is just awesome! We ARE fighting for our lives - no matter the amount of weight, all of the life or sometime later - - we all need to be the best and healthiest version of ourselves. The pandemic has made this really clear to me, the risks of extra weight and all of the health problems associated with it could make getting sick even deadlier. I know that voice, that insidious whisper to just eat something. Or worse - the big *THUD* as I smack that hooker to the ground in a race to the fridge. Still and all, each time we have to backtrack is an opportunity to learn something about the way we operate and find out what we can do to be a little better tomorrow and be a little better the next time and be a LOT better over time.

Much love to you Slimaloo Peeps, will check in this evening! I'm working toward two a day so I don't feel stressed about being able to read and respond to everything at once; much easier broken up. Signing off from my recliner with fuzzy slippers, fuzzy robe and mug o' joe.

Maria
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,896 Member
    Options
    @kerritho Well done on the loss! It sounds like you have a great reason to get healthier. I hate when the kitchen messes up my special request and yours wasn't complicated so it should have been easy to do. Have a good week!

@TeresaW1020 Feisty is a good word for Dr. Berry! :) There are so many great examples of getting in shape after 50 out there. We can do it! Congrats on yet another loss, going down down down!

@AustinRuadhain Great job, getting your sweat in! And all green dots, woo hoo! Noooo, the chocolates are still at work but I'm only at work once a week and I think now that I've had my "kid in a candy store" moment, I can go back to enjoying just one or two chocolates at a time. I used to be like that.

@raleighgirl09 That's great that you had a good day and congrats on that super loss! You are talking about sleep and weight loss: I believe I'm being affected by this. I sleep HORRIBLY and am constantly hungry. I am in the process of getting a referral to the sleep clinic to hopefully solve it. re: fighting for our lives...yes, the fact that obesity makes you in line with COVID complications is scary! I like the idea of doing a little better each day.

Hello all. I've been struggling so badly with my sleep for the past couple of years, I just can't get enough. I finally realized that there are doctors that specialize in sleep and they might be able to help me so I am in the process of getting a referral to the sleep clinic. I believe lack of sleep is the cause of my constant hunger. I look forward to solving this issue.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS.
  • gwamajtw91
    gwamajtw91 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone - my name is Annie, 54, a Brit who has been living in the US since I got married in 1991. We have 2 sons, our 23 yr old lives in Asia & the 20 yr old is away at college, so we are also empty nesters. I joined this group 12 months ago with the intention of losing 16 pounds by the the end of 2020. At the end of August (around my birthday) I had lost 13 of those 16, and then admittedly I took my foot off the gas & slowly have gained about 5 of them back.

But, on a positive note, I feel much fitter and healthier going into 2021 than I did this time last year. I know what works for me (and what doesn't!) and it's less daunting to lose 8 pounds than 16.
    All the best for 2021 everyone!!

Friday weigh in:
    gwamajtw91
    PW: 169.1
    CW: 167.5
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,007 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Hello and Happy Friday. I've spent too much time reading and not responding and now I don't think I can catch up except generally. I've read everything and think of you all often. @raleighgirl09 - I'm loving your riffs on the Slims. I've seen some excellent losses this week. Plenty of wonderful, inspirational thinking going on- That's the BEST!

So, this is late because I've been mulling, but I came up with my inspiration for the year. First, this is what I read: (for reference-ruminating and BMW (B-tch, moan, whine) syndrome is what is being discussed here.... )

"The biggest source of BMW-ing is refusing to accept that achieving and sustaining your mental and physical transformation takes work. That's right- mental and physical sweat, intensity, mindfulness, focus- all things that you apply to your job, your kids, your relationships. Why shouldn't you expend the same energy on yourself? Humbly accept that your self care will take work and you'll make the journey so much easier." Then, later this struck me: "It's about optimizing your strengths, navigating around your vulnerabilities and going for it." (Body for Life for Women)

Navigating around your vulnerabilities! Yes! I've been refusing to accept this as work for a long time, or at least refusing to DO the work. Why am I willing to put in the effort in other areas of my life, if not this? @trooworld is exactly right, we ARE fighting for our lives here.

I feel I've spent all last year learning about the ways I have not been honest with myself. Learning that I CAN actually do this and I should stop telling myself that I can't. I've been correcting the dishonesty, gathering tools I can use to help me with the work. I've learned how important mindset is on this journey. Now I'm ready.

My phrase is "Do the work"

Have a nice weekend Ya'll! <3
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    Adding this because I think it's funny.... I had typed out the "B word" (swear) above and MFP changed it to this:

*kitten*
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    jcv7m9fhyqxb.jpg

Howdy SlimPosse Peeps! (trying to keep up with @raleighgirl09!)

Thursday Checkin
    🟢100 Pushups & Situps Programs (3 ea/week) - I did it!
    🟢Food measured & tracked
    🟢Hit MFP calorie goal
    🟢Workout 45+ / 6 days-wk
    🟢10K steps
    🟢NO SUGAR challenge (for me, no added sugars; I do eat some fruit)
    🟢Check in on Slimpossibles daily

Friday Plan/Status
    So far, so good!

@raleighgirl09
    Wowzers. I am looking at your LTD overall -- 119.1. So impressive.
    My husband doesn't like all my dishes either. YAY to your GREAT and getting-closer-to-your-target day yesterday! Sometimes sneaking up on things is what works. As long as we are improving, we will get there!

@padjoetho
    BOOM! What a great weigh-in! Congrats!

@davidji82
    Woohoo! Down this week -- hurray!

@davors19
    Holding steady as we transition out of the holidays -- that's great!

@TeresaW1020
    Hurray! Great weigh-in! So happy for you to see that, after you were worried about having backed off during the holidays! That No Sugar Challenge and all your other efforts are paying off!

@raleighgirl09
    Thank you for the reminder about Colt Clark and the Quarantine Kids. Very mellow and fun!
    We ARE fighting for our lives - no matter the amount of weight, all of the life or sometime later - - we all need to be the best and healthiest version of ourselves. The pandemic has made this really clear to me, the risks of extra weight and all of the health problems associated with it could make getting sick even deadlier.
    I so SO agree with this! There are no guarantees, but it sure makes sense to do what you can to improve your odds against not just the virus but all k8inds of health conditions.
    "Slimaloo Peeps" - I crown you Queen of riffs on the Slimpossibe name!

@trooworld
    A big hurray to looking for help with the sleep issue. CHANGE HAPPENS, and you are going to make it happen, one way or t'other!

@adhmrh
    BOOM! What a great weigh-in! Congratulations on starting off January with such great results!

@gwamajtw91
    Woohoo! Great weigh-in! Losing 8 pounds will be oh SO doable for you!

@Cornanda
    Down 2.9 pounds? Yeah, you did indeed get those dials reset! Great work kicking the month off with a bang!
    " "It's about optimizing your strengths, navigating around your vulnerabilities and going for it." (Body for Life for Women)"
    WOW. I love this, too!
    "I feel I've spent all last year learning about the ways I have not been honest with myself."
    This is super inspiring. Being straight with yourself about what's so gives you SO much power!
    A big giggle to: *kitten*
This discussion has been closed.