Mission Slimpossible - January 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,593 Member
    Options
    @kerritho Welcome fellow Aussie! I hope you're not in one of the hotspots in Sydney - stay safe.

@buniphuphu Ohhh thanks I'll have to check out the Shadows of Camelot game. Maybe I can get one secondhand if it's out of print. I'm a huge HP fan so hubby was right on the money with this gift!

@raleighgirl09 I hope you have a better day today. Remember, progress not perfection! Also I think you can define your January No Sugar challenge as whatever you want to challenge yourself to do! If it means no added sugar, then that's your challenge :smile:

@AustinRuadhain I think working out in the morning is always a great way to start the day! I just can never get myself out of bed to do it! So good on you for making this a goal and smashing it already.

@GretchenReine Woohoo! Go you! Determination is stronger than motivation!

@Cornanda I'm pretty sure that we never stop learning about ourselves! I guess because we do change over time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Well, hubby's Covid test came back negative as expected, he got a text message overnight with the result (I love how fast they are). So it's just a cold like we thought. But now I have symptoms too so I'm working from home until I'm better as my workplace's policy doesn't allow me on site with symptoms even with a negative test result.

Now, because I am falling ill, I'm feeling exhausted, so I came home from work and ended up taking an accidental nap on the lounge! So just trying to listen to my body and give it what it needs at the moment.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    nxvfdcis4s10.png
    Goals for January:
    Sleep: 30.5/200 hours (average 6.1 hours) - AT RISK
    Total Calorie Deficit recorded to date: -662 - AT RISK
    Exercise: 75/600 minutes (average 15 minutes) - AT RISK
    Meditation: 1/4 sessions - ON TRACK
    Social Media: 3.2/31 hours (average 0.64 hours) - ON TRACK

Updated to 05/01/2021
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @raleighgirl Ohhhh that sneaky jam!! But hey, you recognized, and I really think the awareness is the key to this whole challenge. We are all going to falter on the challenge, but the main purpose is NOT to throw in the towel but to say, “OK, that happened, and what did I learn?” When I started this challenge, I told people that they had to pick what no sugar meant to them. Are fruit and artificial sugar OK for you? If so, then you are meeting the challenge. I think you are doing great because you are figuring out what works for you. Yes, challenge yourself, but also know yourself. And that is what will make you successful. :)

@AustinRuadhain I like when I get my workout done in the morning too. You are doing great on your goals and I know that you will turn that red into green with the No Sugar Challenge. It’s harder than we think it is and maybe that is why it’s such a good challenge? :)

@GretchenReine That is great that you went and had a workout even though your conditions weren’t right! Many people would just skip it for that day after working so many hours and being tired. But NOT you!! You must be very proud of yourself. B)

@trooworld YES, I’m going to make it happen! And you are going to do so as well. We will push and encourage each other all the way. <3

@GabiV125 Hey, you came here to post your rant and own it. That is truly taking a positive step toward regaining control and beginning again to move in the right direction. Forgive yourself, become obsessed with your health, and you will make it happen! <3

@buniphuphu That dinner looked great! I always make my menu for the week on Sunday or Monday and do my shopping on Tuesdays. I also have a calendar that I made in Publisher for the whole month and sometimes (like this month) I did the whole month on the first and of course will tweak it every week, but it gets me off on a good start. I started this about three months ago and I keep the months so that way I can easily look back and remake things we like. Tonight’s dinner was Keto Chicken Carbonara and roasted green beans. It was soooo good!! :)

@Cornanda I think it so great that you are learning about yourself and you will only continue to learn this year. How do I know? Because you care too much about yourself to turn that dial all the way off. <3

@TwistedSassette That is great that your husband’s test came back negative. I am sorry that you have come down with the cold too. Take care of yourself! Don’t use it as an excuse to eat bad foods. But do get a lot of rest. How is your little boy doing? <3

Hi Team! This morning I went to do my workout and my body was so tired. I then looked at my tracker and realized that I had worked out 11 days straight, so I cut myself some slack and did a slow treadmill walk instead. I might take off tomorrow too and let my body rest from all the weights I’ve been lifting. Plus, we have the plumber coming in the morning to fix our garbage disposal...again! :s Soooo I’m super excited because in a few minutes I’m going on a Zoom call with two of my favorite low carb doctors! Dr. Tro Kalayjian, who lost 150 lbs and is amazing, and the famous Dr. Ken Berry who wrote the book, “Lies My Doctor Told Me.” Dr. Tro co-hosts my favorite podcast Low Carb MD, which I’m obsessed with! So, I’m excited if you can’t tell!! I’ll let you all know how it went tomorrow. :grin:

January Goals: 1/5
    No Sugar Challenge: I was sugar free today
    Fast for 19+ hours: I fasted 19 hours
    Ate on plan Today was one meal. Keto chicken carbonara and roasted green beans
    Workout 30+ minutes: 20 minutes on treadmill.
    Drink 96+ oz. of water: A gallon today!
    2021 Focus Word: TRANSFORMATION
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    end of day quick check in - Tuesday

Heydeedo, SlimO's!!!!! A very speedy, squeezed in check in, more in the morning. For now - it's been a reasonable good day. Water good, 2 walks and steps good, calories so-so as they are under for the total but not for the initial MFP goal. Sleep squeaked in at just over 7 hours, per Fitbit. Doing habit tracker and check in now.

No Sugar challenge - was all good until the dressing I made for the roasted broccoli. Recipe is below for anyone interested, worth the wait time. Sorry about the sugar, I planned this being not-aware of sugar. Evil sugar...... Errr, also had a smoothie again. I think I ingest sugar more regularly than estimated!!!!! :o:o:o

https://www.purewow.com/recipes/pan-roasted-broccoli-steaks-garlic-sesame-vinaigrette

Work is good - good to have work. => For those who don't know, I was unemployed (with a contract, part-time gig) for nearly 8 months and now in the swing of a new position. Stitches from a VERY SCARY tooth extraction gone as of today (Maria is a SUPER dentist weenie!!!). I miss my grandbaby, the effervescent Hazel, but everything else is good.

More in the morning!!

Maria
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Howdy Slimpossibles!

Tuesday is being a good day today! I got in my morning workout AND then got in an evening walk
    🟢Morning walk/workout (10+ min)
    🟢100 Pushups & Situps Programs (3/week; today's a rest day)
    🟢Food measured & tracked
    🟢Hit MFP calorie goal
    🟢Workout 60+ / 6 days-wk
    🟢10K steps
    🟢NO SUGAR challenge (for me, no added sugars; I do eat some fruit)
    🟢Check in on Slimpossibles daily

@bethanie0825 - I love your attitude -- "yep, here's the expected gain, okay, back to work!" Thanks for the inspiration! And "Stop eating your problems" -- yeah, I can use that reminder (if it helps to know you haver plenty of company)!

@TeresaW1020 - I love the coloring/workout page! And I am looking forward to hearing about your fun Zoom call!

ua19vnm337io.jpg
  • raleighgirl09
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Wednesday check in

Hi all Slims! I'm taking the advice of @TeresaW1020 for No Sugar and stating that milk products, fruit and artificial sweeteners are not off limits for my style of eating. I have half and half in coffee everyday, along with artificial sweeteners and I eat dairy regularly. However, the broccoli recipe still had some sugar (teaspoon of honey) which I subbed in Thai chili sauce because I don't have any honey. Def sugar going on with that.

I got my two walks yesterday so I could have at least 10,000 steps - I'll do that again today. Hoping for sunshine but I'll live with gloom if that's all I get. =>

I'm weighing in tomorrow after a few days hiatus after a long car ride; just felt like I didn't need to stare at the water weight that I knew would be there. I think that whatever tomorrow's weight is, is the true weight. It would be great if it's not a gain - stating the obvious!

@GretchenReine I totally missed this...why were you waiting in the car trying to talk yourself out of going to the gym? Agreed, consistency and getting back to it is difficult!! Worth pursuing and I am, but it sure would be easier if I didn't get to the point of needing to do that.
    @bethanie0825 I'm in agreement with the gang - great perspective and getting after it!! So true - who better to lose the 4 pounds than the person who just recently did it? It's my experience that if you get after it and lose it right away, it's not as difficult - and frankly, not as much! B)
    @TeresaW1020 what a cool way to document the year!! I think you had one last year, as well......? I'd love to see one done, if someone has one they did before.
    @AustinRuadhain what a STELLAR day you had, go girl!! Love all the green bubbles for you!!
    @TwistedSassette so glad the hubby has tested negative but what a downer to get any kind of bug! It's so funny, I never used to dread the thought of a routine cold but, it being winter, we're bound to pick up something here or there, even if it isn't COVID. I'm with you and @AustinRuadhain on the morning workout but I prefer to do that in the warmer months. When it's cold I have to do a midday and end of day walk. And, to be fair, I don't really feel like getting up at 6 or 630 to be on time for the day, either!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,894 Member
    Options
    @buniphuphu I am the same way, I need variety. I hardly repeat recipes. You might stop by the board, NEW RECIPE CHALLENGE (https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/138454-new-recipe-challenge ). I'm in it and although most of the people post vegetarian recipes, I post meat-based recipes and so do a few others. You might get some ideas there. That recipe you posted looks good, I hope it turned out well for you.

@Cornanda I don't have an answer for the emotional eating but I might have a suggestion for exercise when back to work: can you take a 10-15 minute walking break twice a day during your workday? How about eating your lunch at your desk and then using your actual lunch to go for a walk? What about getting up 20 minutes earlier and doing a YouTube workout?

@TwistedSassette That's great your hubby's test was negative! I'm sorry you caught the bug, too, I hope you guys feel better soon. My workplace is like that, too. Very cautious. Hugs.

@TeresaW1020 Indeed! That's good you took a break from exercise, that's important to do I think. I hope you enjoy the Zoom call.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS.
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    @raleighgirl09 I was trying to talk myself out of it because I was super tired, like in tears tired...and wanted to go home and go to sleep. I had my streak going though so I didn't want to mess it up...but I really wanted sleep. I could've fallen asleep sitting up in my car I was so tired. Great job getting your 2 walks in. Getting those steps is oh so helpful!!!
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Username: GabiV125
    Check in day: Wednesday
    PW: 127.8
    CW: 130.8
    Yesterday was 131.4, so I take it that some of the water is leaving me.
    I had an extended good-time these last 2 weeks, followed by the frustration of seeing the #. Sorry you had to see that🙂.

And now I’m day 2 at caring again.
    Happy Wednesday everyone!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,561 Member
    Options
    @raleighgirl09 I always love reading your posts Maria! Yeah, that jam with Splenda is disgusting, I'd rather have regular or just fruit! Don't forget pasta sauces and salsa, sugar is in everything! Just keep doing your best, you may have had a little jam but think of all the sugar you may have had a week ago. Do what works best for you. I don't notice a difference with fruit but 20-30 minutes after having a cookie my pain worsens. I'm still going to have birthday cake on people's birthdays this month but aside of that I'm avoiding it.

@AustinRuadhain Those stupid boxes are addicting! I need to start habit tracker again!

@GabiV125 Hang in there, you got this! So glad you like it here!

@GretchenReine Is Reine your middle name? Mine is short for my first and middle name, Katherine Mary. Obviously I was born in 71, it's my gmail name too!

@buniphuphu That recipe looks awesome! BTW, I'm so happy to see you back in the pool, I cheered when I saw that you'd swam!

@Cornanda I loved your random thoughts! I think that has been my biggest lesson, you don't just make a plan and go hardcore but you end up having to modify and make changes constantly. I'm more of a planner and pretty rigid thinker, flexibility and patience have been huge challenges for me. I'm the same as you with doing better with someone here, if I hadn't had my boyfriend in my life I know I'd be twice as big right now! You'll get back in the groove!
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @TwistedSassette Glad you hear your husband's test is negative!

@TeresaW1020 glad you took a slow day, sounds like your body needed it. Good luck with the plumber! I just learned how to fix my garbage disposal when something's stuck but it still has issues, one thing at a time!

@bethanie0825 Doing little things are so important, I learned in therapy that it's good to have that structure of a routine bedtime and little things like making your bed in the morning. That's how when I had a depressive episode the other year I helped myself get out of it, making my bed each morning meant I couldn't get back in it and I accomplished something as soon as I got up so I didn't feel like a lazy failure right off the bat. Try and think of food as nourishing your body for a healthier body and mind. I don't know if that helps at all, just can related to where you're at. You got this!

@raleighgirl09 LOL, a recipe with sugar in it, you're evil! I love having you posting more often, I've missed your posts!

@GretchenReine I love that you made yourself go in the gym, woot woot!

• Katmary71
    Options
    Yes, I'm caught up! I started lifting arm weights again and I'm doing an ab challenge, it's kicking my butt after not doing them for awhile! I'm doing one every day since it's hard to do stuff when I'm not in the recliner so I'm breaking it up, doing my stretching, and a short cardio video. Was a busy bee yesterday, I planned a Zoom family reunion, got my schedule planned for the month, and did Walmart pickup. My boyfriend turns 50 next week, we're going back to his best friend's house so they can play music this weekend like we did on New Year's Eve. They're trying to talk me into playing with them but I played the organ and that was as a kid, my nephew has my keyboard but I still haven't played seriously in decades and they're both really good, I'd have to at least warm up first. I started a puzzle but the cats are knocking the pieces all over the place. I made a cat shelter for my feral cat, it took all weekend to cut a hole in a cheap plastic bin, buy straw, and build it! I'm doing good with my diet, I'm staying in a deficit and not having sugar. I'm meeting my dad briefly today, he's really depressed so I keep coming up with reasons to meet him, he normally works out and has a lot of activities going on and all this is really getting to him. There's a blood drive by where I'm meeting but I can't find out if I can donate, I'm not making my pain worse walking around a college unless I'm actually able to do it so I'm going to pass. Too bad, they need my blood type but I can't talk to a person to find out if my medications are okay. I'd better go work out, I'm ready to go back to sleep but need to get the day started!

Kick some tail my friends!

• AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    0s2dyh7fxwxp.jpg

Happy Wednesday, Slimsters!

@leonadixon - Deep breath! It is SO great that your husband has signed up to be better along with you! I'll bet that is going to help is so many ways!
    It is not depressing that you checked in a weigh-in number you are freaked out about. Truly. Never worry about that.
    I am not sure if this makes any sense, but can you take that freak-out energy and kinda use it to your advantage? It could be not bad to be exercised about hitting your highest weight ever -- not to make yourself wrong, it is what it is -- but to say for yourself, I *am* turning this around.
    (My highest ever on the scale was 265, and I know I had already lost weight by then. So for what it's worth you are getting in action way sooner than I did!)
    Keep an eye on what you are doing, keep experimenting with what works for you, for the body you have now. I think getting and staying healthy is like an ongoing experiment. Try things, given them a while to work, and if they don't, start tweaking and see what little changes you can try, one by one.
    TL;DR Anyway, not sure if any of that is helpful. But please know we are here and cheering for you and we know it's not easy and simple to figure out what works for your body, personality and circumstances.

@Katmary71
    Man, you have more energy than a barrel of puppies. I love your checkins and I feel like such a slacker listening to your day! It's very motivating! Phooey about the blood donation and hurray to the workout!
    Oh, and the Habit Tracker IS calling your name! Boxes! Little boxes to check! I totally imprint6ed on this kind of thing in 1dt grade. My teacher used something with gold stars, and I would so aim for that row of stars.

@GabiV125
    Yesterday was 131.4, so I take it that some of the water is leaving me.
    I had an extended good-time these last 2 weeks, followed by the frustration of seeing the #. Sorry you had to see that🙂.
    And now I’m day 2 at caring again.
    Happy Wednesday everyone!
    I LOVE this! Hehehehehe! I think it can be healthy to go on vacation o0ccasionally. And now we are BACK!
    (Day 3 today!)

@GretchenReine
    I love your going to the gym and keeping your streak. I'd have understood if you needed sleep more, your call, but woohoo to using the power of keeping a streak!

@trooworld
    CHANGE HAPPENS.
    I love this! And YES! Change is always happening! And we get to decide whether we want to nudge it a particular direction or not.
    Anyway, I am gong to so enjoy your checkins, and getting reminded that CHANGE HAPPENS!

@raleighgirl09
    Deciding what the No Sugar Challenge means for you makes perfect sense.
  • RYcare
    RYcare Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!
    I’ve been busy with my parents dr. apts and need to catch up and read all the amazing posts, stories and achievements.

Dec. was a really good month for my weight loss but not so great learning about my parents health. My mom has heart problems and my dad has a chronic kidney disease. Both overweight with high blood pressure and getting older so they sometimes need someone around to take care of their needs.
    They spent Christmas and New Year in our house and had a good time with my girls.
    We had turkey for Christmas but we walked 3 miles that day and I skipped dessert.
    New Year’s Eve was all healthy snacks and lots of water. That helped me from going over my calories and maintained weight.

I’ve been watching what I eat and exercised every single day this week so hopefully the number on the scale will go down again this week.
  • raleighgirl09
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Wednesday night check in

My lovely Slimlettes - I hope everyone had a fabulous day! Today has been acceptable, as was yesterday. As I strive for, for tomorrow. => Taking it one cold(*kitten*) day at a time. Decided to use yesterday's broccoli dressing on tonight's salad so that was the sugar I had; no smoothie although I wanted one. Didn't really have time to stop and make one, though, so it didn't happen. I *did* get out twice for walks so the steps were good. I don't seem to have it in me to stick to 1240 or fewer calories these days but I'm way under what I have been doing so I'm going to let that ride and keep whittling away at it. It's certainly better than the multi-thousand calorie days that got me to obese in the first place. Not making a rationale, just going for some perspective.

Working to get to bed sooner so I can get up earlier - and have more time in the morning for coffee and computer. In jammies. In slippers. Bedhead and morning breath fueled by coffee........ah, the perks of remote working! I always want at least an hour of me time and working from home allows that pretty easily, as long as I get plenty of sleep to be up at 7 and logged into work by 8.

More in the morning, just giving the day's stats. => Love and hugs to all, keep working at it. If today wasn't good, find something to work on for tomorrow to gain a little bit of a leg up. It helps - promise. => <3

NO SUGAR challenge - no
    Stick to the calorie baseline set by MFP - no
    Drink 10-12 cups of water a day - yes
    Log all foods, prelog with meal prep as much as possible - yes (but none pre-logged)
    10,000 steps a day as logged by Fitbit - yes
    Check in with the SLIMS daily! - yes
    Record daily in the Habit Tracker - yes
This discussion has been closed.