Mission Slimpossible - January 2021 Team Chat

Options
1131415161719»

Replies

• RYcare
    RYcare Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 AMAZING going 29 days sugar free. I really don’t know how you do it. There is no way I can do it for even a couple of days, you rock!
    Congrats on your new chair :)

@TwistedSassette isn’t it great when you get the house for yourself. I rarely get that, since COVID I didn’t have it even once. The fun thing is that when I doggy an hour or two for me, I get so excited and start having million ideas and things I want to work on or finish, and by the time I decide on one the time has already gone and they are back home.
    I always laugh about that with my sister.

@digger61 great loss this week

@trooworld congrats on your loss. Yes, weight loss does take lots of effort and determination. Preparing ahead of time is always a good idea. You almost guarantee you won’t fall for fast or junk food.

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 So sorry that you are struggling. Hang in there! <3

@mlhopp93 You are doing fantastic!! And it’s good for the body to hold steady for a week or so. A quick loss means it can come back quicker. You want your weight to come off and stay off. Keep it up!! B)

@trooworld Yayyy on your great week!! I am the same way and have to be hyper-focused and even a little obsessed if I want my weight to come off. This week, I wasn’t that focused and my weigh-in showed it. It’s hard to stay consistent but we have to if we want to see steady progress. I am interested in the food prep that you will be doing. I don’t like the idea of cooking food ahead of time but prepping the ingredients sounds like a really good idea. :)

@digger61, @Firefly743, @RYcare Congrats on your losses this week! B)
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,593 Member
    Options
    Sorry I haven't been online much again this weekend. I've been reading all the posts though and so proud of you all for what you're doing! Now the shininess of the new year has worn off, this is when so many people give up. But not us! We've gotta have that stick-to-it-ive-ness!
    I'll head over to the February thread tomorrow and set my goals for February, I haven't really thought much about what I want to achieve next month so I've got to have a think about that too! Meanwhile, I was pretty happy with how I fared in January. All my goals are ticked off and I did lose 0.9kg (2 lbs) despite having a bit of a setback toward the end of the month. Overall, I feel pretty good about January!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    nxvfdcis4s10.png
    Goals for January:
    Sleep: 204.4/200 hours (average 6.8 hours) - COMPLETE
    Total Calorie Deficit recorded to date: 2,150 - COMPLETE
    Exercise: 717/600 minutes (average 24 minutes) - COMPLETE
    Meditation:4/4 sessions - COMPLETE
    Social Media: 21.63/31 hours (average 0.72 hours) - COMPLETE

Updated to 30/01/2021
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,561 Member
    Options
    @Jactop I'm so very sorry about your friend, I can't even imagine. Huge hug and prayers for the family and friends. I'm sure the family appreciates your support more than you know.

Great to the see the awesome losses! I'm sorry for not responding much this month. I started my extra steroid pack planning on the hospital today but felt better when I woke up already. They basically just give me steroids and a temporary pain injection which is basically the only reason I make it home from the hospital after sitting there for hours, I spent the day yesterday calling doctors who are supposed to be excellent but if you have insurance, even if they don't take it, it's illegal to pay cash. So if you have lousy insurance and your doctor refuses to return your calls you're going to have to start threatening people (again) and filing appeals (I've done 5). My family doctor is always a month off, I talk to her in March and am hoping to get a referral to a teaching hospital pain clinic program. So it's stay sane a little longer and while I hate it if I have to go to the ER. I have two pain conditions considered "suicide" diseases but I don't want to die, I just don't want to be suffering so bad all the time and it's been 8 months of BS.

On a funny note my boyfriend's male cat's claws are too long and sticking in the carpet. He doesn't want us to clip them ourselves so I found a groomer in a local group who would give us a discount for all four cats and she makes house calls. One of mine was so mad at me for taking him to get his claws trimmed early on that he didn't come near me for a month afterward! It's going to be crazy here when she comes, I'll have to close all the doors so they can't hide. It's not like with dogs where they want to please you, we're going to be a bloody mess! If Beau's claws weren't so bad I'd put it off, my cats get free trims with their rescue group but they're closed right now. If you hear of a woman killed in CA by four housecats it was me!

• apple852hk
    apple852hk Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 it was a good reminder that wrapper are suggestible. I take photos as evidence to mysel, as I can't believe I really eat that much.

Sorry to hear you're having bad days. Not sure what you ordered to help, but let's see how February will be kinder to you.

I wish I could say something to help you distract you from things. I find writing how things are or write any ordinary moment down daily, helps me see that things do change. The moment of distress won't last in the same state as before.

Wishing you a good start to February!
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    @apple852hk I'm sorry if I made you feel bad about the wrappers, I'm super suggestible but don't follow through most the time so don't worry, I didn't go buy them! I'm not reading people's diaries while I try to get back into the swing of things because it gives me cravings.

I'm doing the same stuff, having a harder time than normal because we're having storms plus I haven't had steroids since December. Basically it looks like the next week of storms will mostly be spent in bed drinking cannabis tea.

As far as this month can't say it's going great, I'm waiting to try something new but it hasn't arrived and I ordered it at the beginning of Dec. I'm doing okay with some bad days which has to do with pain levels. I'm trying to avoid steroids because I've gained a lot on that and this anti depressant yet I'm suffering so I don't know the right answer. When I feel horrible it's hard to think beyond the moment but I've got to distract myself in other ways.

• apple852hk
    Options
    @trooworld my neice is nearly 7. But she has learning 3 times a week. So I couldn't find a trinket small enough and innumerable enough before running out.
    trooworld wrote: »
    @apple852hk How old is your niece? Depending on how old she is, you could put a very small toy/trinket in there.
  • apple852hk
    Options
    @raleighgirl09
    Thanks for the support. I'll stick to putting a tiny chocolate for my neice. Least chocolate melts. I wanted to put jellg beans in, but the dentist say it gets stuck in thd back teeth. 😁😆

raleighgirl09and

@apple852hk I thought it was neat to see the wrappers and cubes but I can see wondering if you should try something else with your niece. She may be a bit disappointed with anything less than chocolate, especially if you already know a sticker didn't cut it! You could make it a smaller candy most of the time and a bigger one occasionally - but I guess I'd assess if it's an issue to give her the chocolate. If this is the one way you treat her to it and it's a special thing in your relationship, is there a reason to stop? I don't know, maybe there are reasons you'd be concerned but if there is no underlying reason, maybe it's ok to keep it. You can also use it as opportunities to casually talk about treats and good habits as she gets older. Just a thought.
  • apple852hk
    Options
    Weigh in Apple852hk
    Week 5 - Jan 2021 Sunday
    PW 136.9lbs (62.1kg)
    CW 139lbs (63.3kg)
    LTD about 45.8lbs (20.8kg)
    GOAL weight 121lbs (55kg)

Gained - back to previous weight of the week before. Any loss: I gained.

Ate too much chocolate as seen in all the cubes I made ( photo). I ate more portions than cubes made.

I think I'm really tired and eat chocolate even though I should just go to sleep. My night routine is so long that I think I need chocolate to get through the routine. So I eat and have to wait longer before I can brush my teeth before bed. Vicious circle.

This week I'll try not to eat chocolate by insisting to go to bed and rest. If I don't sleep, then have chocolate and brush my teeth again.

GOALS
    1. Fold cube AFTER eating choc.
    Share pictures with slimpossibiles
    2. Go for a walk daily for an 1hr.dma576hodeut.jpg
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,894 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    I just posted here but realized the Feb chat is up so I'm deleting it and putting it there.
This discussion has been closed.