Mission Slimpossible - January 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,579 Member
    Options
    @trooworld Sugar is unfortunately the one thing I do notice a considerable difference in with pain. I haven't tried eliminating nightshades but that's another thing people notice a difference with as far as pain levels, you've probably read up on that. The rest of the things I've tried eliminating I was too unstable to tell much of a difference with. Definitely try some things and see what works for you. The weather doesn't help matters either, I can't wait for summer!

@raleighgirl09 @AustinRuadhain I'm so glad the two of you are posting more often! I agree about still getting into the swing of things this year!

@TwistedSassette I love your last sentence about feeling good, you're doing awesome!
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 I'm sorry to hear about your knee and dog, are both doing better?

Tuesday check-in
    Exercise- arm cardio, abs, stretching
    Calories- under

I'm going back to the old format. I've done pretty well so far this year as far as eating goes but my boyfriend's cake threw me off for about 5 days, I'm doing better staying under now but feeling chubby! I had a neighbor drop lemons off on my door (saw her grandkids running down the driveway) with a recipe for lemon iced cookies and I adore Meyer lemon bars but I think I'm going to make a healthier dish instead. Not much else is going on, still feeling worn out and thinking too much. I have to go to the DMV to get disability parking (I literally yelled at my doctor until he gave me the form) but am dreading it because of the standing.
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Username: GabiV125
    Check in day: Wednesday
    PW: 131 lb
    CW: 130.6 lb
    My scale went (mostly) down for 5 months and then it shot up at New Years and after. This is the first time when it budged in the right direction and I’m so happy for it. Let’s see if I can stay here long enough to enjoy the view.
    This last week has been a busy and emotional work week , coupled with our proximity to the day events (about 15 miles) , so I decided to focus on what I can change and what would matter in long run. Like you said - the why’s. For me would be to stay healthy in old age and not be a burden on my daughters.
    I read ALL the posts, so please keep them coming- they brightened many of days for me. I plan to exercise and than don’t exactly do much besides walking my dog, but I am trying to eat better. Actually I’m trying to eat less and sleep more 😁

One more thing- whoever has snow, please send some my way, because I miss it greatly.
    Happy Wednesday all!
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Wednesday check in - Happy inauguration Day, fellow USers! May it go smoothly and peacefully... <3

Hi Lovelies! Hope all is well in SlimLand for all SlimSters!!

@Katmary71 - good grief, is there no getting to the head of the line so you don't have to stand...?? Can you make an appointment? I hope there is some option open to you because the whole point and reason to be there is that you have trouble standing/walking - otherwise you would just as easily trot into the store from the back of the lot as stand in line for a long time....grrrrr.....stuff like this makes me insane! And for posting more - I'm trying! I prefer getting back to twice a day but that's been hard the last few days. It wouldn't be as hard if I wasn't watching some Netflix at night but that is another story.......
    @leonadixon CONGRATs on a great weigh in, quite a nice drop! Yes, efforts are showing! =>
    @AustinRuadhain me toooooo! Getting used to a new year and a new job where I am 100% remote and have a huge task ahead of me! I woke up at 415 this morning with my mind racing for all that is ahead - I am tasked with pulling together 3 groups from legacy organizations that kinda, sorta all do the same thing....but not really. AND, I need to have them do the same thing and create a stand alone function the company does not currently have... :# I have fortunately been able to turn my food/movement habits back in the right direction which helps all aspects of my life - we're on the right track even if it isn't (or never will be) perfect! B) Thanks for the comment re - cheering the team on. => I really like being on the team and checking in, reading everyone's posts and feeling involved. AND it truly is a way for me to remain accountable to myself, mostly, and then others as we have ups and downs.
    @TwistedSassette that is TERRIFIC about another day under the belt with increased movement and a before-work bike ride - it doesn't matter how long, just that you did it and that's where our habits come from...persistently doing things! You are a great example of progress over perfection and not giving up on the idea altogether! What fun learning to swim is, I bet your sweet one had a great time - and pizza for dinner sounds wonderful.
    @GabiV125 wooooHOOOOO!!!! It's really a great day when you see the results of working to peel off the uptick - sweetSWEET feeling...... => Eat less, sleep more - that should be a bumpersticker on my caboose, a walking advertisement!
    @TeresaW1020 I have bookmarked the documentary and will watch it! I LOVE all things weightloss that do not have a spin or tagline on a specific diet or eating plan. By default - they focus on the other factors which are actually the nuts and bolts of success. The food is just a small part, in my opinion. Important but by no means the biggest factor.
    @trooworld hey, we're both greatly improving on the water intake - YAY US!!! I can't do the full 4 cups first thing, I really just CANNOT get it down but I have found I can do 2 cups at a time and I'm having them around the coffee intake. I prep my water by filling a cup and my water container, refill the Britta and then within the next 1-2 hour, I chug the 2 and refill that twice more whenever I go into the breakroom (otherwise known as my kitchen). I am really working to make these things a strong habit! Hope the sleep is still going well and that the back/spine will let up...no fair! Do you feel a big difference when you remain sugar free or is it more random?
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,909 Member
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain Yes, I am game and will look on YouTube for some stretches. Thanks for your feedback and suggestion!

@TwistedSassette That's great that you both had a good swim. Yay for a deficit! 10 minutes on the bike is better than nothing...well done!

@TeresaW1020 Yes, I definitely use alternative sweeteners (Splenda, Swerve, Lakanto Monkfruit) but sometimes I get into chocolates. Let us know how the cheesecake turns out! That sounds fantastic. I'm glad to hear both you and the dog are better. <3 Thanks for the link to the video, I will watch it when I get some time and report back.

@Katmary71 Thanks for this information. I definitely will stay away from sugar as much as possible, the past 5 days have been no fun! I hope the DMV is quicker than you think.

@raleighgirl09 Yay us!!! It sounds like you have a good system for water. The sleep is spotty. I did notice a difference when I stopped eating the sugar...less pain and I think it is moving out of my system because my back is about 85% better today. Thanks for asking.

Hi all. My back is feeling better but still tight. I will take @AustinRuadhain's suggestion and do some stretching videos. Yesterday was a fantastic day: I drank 149 oz of water and ate OP. No exercise but that is a goal.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • trooworld
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 I watched "Follow Me" this morning. That was very inspirational, thanks for sharing! Here are some of my thoughts that I had during the movie:

I could really identify with the younger woman with the short hair (Susan)...my life is very like the Groundhog Day movie: I lose, I gain, I lose again. Something's got to give. I liked what another of the short-haired ladies (Erica) said: "I can stay away from sugar for today. Just for today." That makes it so much less intimidating. How to make the shift from living to eat to eating to live...that is something that has always stumped me. I love food. I am a self-labeled foodie. I don't know that that will ever change. But I can change the way I cook and the things I cook. I liked also what Sandra said about food serenity. That is my goal...to be at peace with food and not use it for emotional reasons.
  • kerritho
    kerritho Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi Team, I had a reasonably good day yesterday. Didn't stick to the 800 cals but was under the MFP target of 1200. Swam 68 laps and went for a walk. I had half a single serve apple pie with cream with a cup of tea with a girlfriend but still lost weight so that feels good. I've lost all the naughty weekend weight and some so here's hoping I can stay on track for tomorrows weigh in.

Keep all the posts coming I love reading them.
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,610 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 I'm glad your knee and your doggo are both better now.

@Katmary71 What lovely neighbours to drop off some lemons! I'm sure you'll find some lovely recipes to try. I hope the trip to the DMV goes well. Are you able to take a small stool for when you are waiting in line?

@GabiV125 That's a great idea to focus on what you can change and what matters in the long run. We should all live life like that!

@raleighgirl09 Wow your job sounds like a massive task. People can be so resistant to change, too, so I hope it all goes relatively smoothly for you!

@trooworld I'm glad you've gotten a bit of relief for your back, even if it's not 100% yet. And what a great goal, to be at peace with food. I think somewhere in my depths I have that goal, too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Yesterday was good. I did 15 mins of walking throughout the day as well as the 10 mins on the bike. It's all small but it adds up. Calories were higher than I'd wanted, but still within range and had a good deficit (mostly thanks to the exercise). Took a nap after work, I was just so tired I couldn't keep my eyes open!
    I got up this morning and rode my bike for 15 mins. I was a little later than I'd wanted to be, so only planned on doing 10 mins but decided to keep going longer. I could have kept riding for a lot longer if I didn't have to get ready for work! At the beginning of the week, I set myself a goal to get out of bed earlier and do some kind of exercise 3 days this week. I didn't really expect to achieve it, because I haven't any other time I've done that, but I think that goal plus the extra effort I've been making on getting to bed on time, have combined to get me a little more motivated in the mornings. I would like to keep doing this!

nxvfdcis4s10.png
    Goals for January:
    Sleep: 135.4/200 hours (average 6.8 hours) - ON TRACK
    Total Calorie Deficit recorded to date: 1,777 - ON TRACK
    Exercise: 362/600 minutes (average 18 minutes) - AT RISK
    Meditation: 3/4 sessions - ON TRACK
    Social Media: 12.95/31 hours (average 0.65 hours) - ON TRACK

Updated to 20/01/2021
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 I asked trooworld about alternative sugars and I’m wondering if that is something you can have too? I love Lakanto monk fruit sweetener with erythritol. For some reason, it doesn’t cause me any stomach issues like straight erythritol does. It would make some very tasty lemon bars. ;) Can your boyfriend take you to the DMV and then stand in line for you until your turn was up?

@GabiV125 Congrats on the scale moving! Sorry that your work has been difficult. Yes, we can only really focus on what we can change in our life and leave the rest. I wish it would snow here in Georgia too!! :)

@raleighgirl09 I agree with you that the food is just a small part. Unless there is a true food addiction of course. I just started the "Beck Diet Solution How to Think Like a Thin Person", and in it, she says that all diets work if we work the diet. I’ve said that most of my life. I will be interested in what you think of the documentary. :)

@trooworld Ohhh good I’m so glad that you liked "Follow Me." Yes, I have totally adopted the “Just for today” as my new mantra! That has been pretty much what I’ve done this month to stick to my no sugar challenge. I tell myself that "just for today" I can stay away from it. I am just like you and am a self-labeled foodie. I have zero desire to think of food as only fuel. I want peace with my food and I want to feel good. It does take us learning to cook in a way that fits our plan and once we can master that, I think it will take us a long way to meeting our goals. :)

@keritho Keep up the great work that you are doing! B)

Hi Team! It was another good day. I got a great night's sleep and had a good workout. Then I deep cleaned my bathroom. Tonight, I have church with the kiddos. It’s snack night but I will NOT be eating Teddy Grahams or fruit snacks. I’m super happy that I’ve gone 20 days with no sugar, flour, grains, or alcohol. My mom’s birthday is Sunday and I’m going to make individual-sized Keto cheesecakes for us to enjoy. I’m curious to see what happens when I eat something sweet but isn’t real sugar. Will it have the same effect on me or not? I’ll let you know! ;)

January Goals: 1/20
    No Sugar Challenge: 20 Days sugar-free!
    Fast for 19+ hours: I fasted 19 hrs.
    Ate on plan: Stayed Keto today
    Workout 30+ minutes: I did #MBFA upper body
    Drink 96+ oz. of water: I got all my water in for the day
  • RYcare
    RYcare Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday!
    The scale has been good to me this week, which is a surprise because I have been eating more than I did in previous weeks. I get to a point where I can’t fall asleep because I am hungry. I am trying to make smart and healthy choices. I also made it to the gym the past 4 days and it feels good to sweat and refresh.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @TwistedSassette Thanks, yes, progress with the back. For so long, I've thought of food as my frenemy. It's really such an unhealthy mindset. I'm making progress though, I don't often consider foods "good" or "bad", although sometimes I catch myself slipping into that. Yes, all that activity does add up, well done! You are inspiring me to get on my spin bike. I may do that this morning.

@TeresaW1020 Yes, I really liked it and might watch it again today if my rental period isn't up. I believe you are right about cooking differently leading to our goals. The changes I've made lately are certainly bringing the scale down for a change! ;) You should be really proud of those 20 days, well done!

Hi all. I've been thinking of that documentary, "Follow Me" that @TeresaW1020 suggested. One of the themes that popped up with the successful people is to have a support system. And although I do have my husband and some friends in real life, my true weight loss support comes in the form of virtual friends like you that understand my path. So thank you for being part of my journey!

In other news, I am continuing to do well this week and I firmly believe that drinking enough water, making the right recipes, and getting at least 7 1/2 hours of sleep is key for me. That combination seems to be the winning formula.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @GabiV125 Walking your dog definitely counts as exercise! I found a little white Pomeranian one night and used to try to take her for walks but she'd plop down and give up. She didn't weigh a lot but 15lbs carried for 5 blocks gets heavy!

@raleighgirl09 LOL, the appointment scheduler isn't working right online! I love that about being the best you can be and letting the rest fall into place. I think that's important, plus not thinking in "all or nothings" like if you eat something you shouldn't you're off-track instead of it being a slip or setback. I know this is probably annoying but has anyone ever sung this song to you? It goes through my head when I see you've posted! https://youtu.be/abw49k3rIN0

@trooworld Did you end up stretching? If you found a good stretching video share it! I've combined some from physical therapy and workouts I've done but need to do more.

@kerritho Sounds like a great week, wtg!

@TwistedSassette Great idea about a stool, I don't have one but I have a 5 gallon bucket I can flip over and sit on! Thanks! Sounds like you did great! I miss using my bike, I'm glad you're enjoying it!

@TeresaW1020 Oh, post the cheesecake recipe! Have fun at church and on your Mom's birthday! I still use Splenda in my coffee, it's more actual sugar. I seem to be okay with fruit too. I bet those cheesecakes will be sweet to you, it doesn't take long for taste to change.

@RYCare Sounds like you're doing the right things! Maybe the extra food is fueling your workouts?

Nothing new on this end, doing the same workouts and going to the DMV with my bucket!
  • kerritho
    kerritho Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    @broncobuddee
    Username Kerritho
    Weigh In Day: Friday (Australian time!)
    PW (Previous Weight): 67.2kg / 148 lbs
    CW (Current Weight): 66.5kg / 146.3 lbs

Hi Everyone

What a week. I had social engagements Friday, Saturday and Sunday so by Monday I had put on 1.3kg!

After sticking to the 2 meals a day in the meal planners in the Michael Mosely Fast 800 recipe book I’ve been able to drop the weight I put on and lose some extra! Let’s hope I don’t handicap myself this weekend.

Turning off my MFP link to my garmin watch seems to have really helped. I’d like to thank the team for the lesson some of you taught me on 'don’t eat your exercise calories'. I’m also always pre loading my meals which I think is also helping

I keep saying thanks for the posts. Looking on this community every day really helps maintain the focus. Great inspiration.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Kerri
  • TwistedSassette
    Options
    @trooworld I totally agree, a support system like this group is soooo helpful!!

@raleighgirl09 Congrats on your weight loss this week!! Thanks for sharing your chart, it really shows how non-linear weight loss is. You are an inspiration!

@Katmary71 You're welcome for the stool suggestion, lol. I am picturing you sitting on your bucket at the DMV :lol: I hope your wait wasn't too long, in any case. Our DMV-equivalent departments in Australia often have a number ticket system so you can go and wait in a seating area until your number is called rather than standing in line - I wish you had that there!

@kerritho Great loss!!
    I had a busy night last night building a race-car bed for my son! It finally arrived yesterday and it took us like two hours to build. Totally worth it though, he absolutely loves it! Before this, we had his mattress on the floor (he outgrew his cot at around 12 months old but we didn't like the idea of having him on an actual bed off the floor as he moves a lot in his sleep and wouldn't have been able to get back into bed if he fell out, so the floor bed was a good solution). I'm glad to have him in a bed now and he's so so happy!

I decided on a little sleep in this morning instead of getting up to ride. I might regret that later, but I felt like the extra few mins of sleep was worth it. Good day yesterday, had a nice deficit again. I need to do some strength work and yoga in the next day or so!
    nxvfdcis4s10.png
    Goals for January:
    Sleep: 141.4/200 hours (average 6.7 hours) - ON TRACK
    Total Calorie Deficit recorded to date: 2,268 - ON TRACK
    Exercise: 377/600 minutes (average 18 minutes) - AT RISK
    Meditation: 3/4 sessions - ON TRACK
    Social Media: 13.42/31 hours (average 0.64 hours) - ON TRACK

Updated to 21/01/2021
  • TwistedSassette
    Options
    ***WEEKLY WEIGH-IN***
    TwistedSassette
    Weigh in day: Friday
    SW: 138.3kg
    PW: 133.7kg
    CW: 132.9kg
    LTD: 5.4kg
    LTW: 0.8kg
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @RYcare Glad that you are having a good week! :D

@Trooworld I totally agree with you that having this group for getting and giving support is so important to my weight loss. Thank you for your consistency in supporting me and all the members of this group. I so appreciate knowing you! <3

@raleighgirl09 Yay on the weight loss this week! Both the spring and the fall were hard times for you, but you HAVE to give yourself so much credit for recognizing the behavior before it went totally out of control. The next time, maybe the jump on the scale won’t last for long because you are learning about yourself through every process. :)

@Katmary71 OMGooness I love Blondie and that song Maria is great!! :grin: Here is the cheesecake recipe I’m doing; except I will use my monk fruit/erythritol sweetener and I will adjust for sweetness since I agree that it might be way too sweet for me now that I’ve not had sugar for three weeks! https://www.mommafitlyndsey.com/no-bake-keto-cheesecake/

@kerritho, Great loss this week! You are definitely on the right track! B)

@TwistedSassette Oh, I am sure your little guy loves his new bed! Congrats on your weight loss this week! :)

Hi Team! Today, was a long one. I had a long staff meeting today and then did some work in the office, including giving it a good cleaning. Once home, I did some reading in my book, “The Beck Diet Solution: Train Your Brain to Think Like a Thin Person.” I feel that I finally have a handle on how I want to lose weight, but I worry about the long term and keeping the weight off. On the Quit Sugar Summit, a doctor who runs a weight loss clinic makes it a requirement that her patients read the Beck Diet Solution when they enter her treatment center. Has anyone here read it? It’s a six-week plan and I would love to do it with others. Let me know if that is something you would be interested in. I would be willing to wait to start the program until after I get back from Florida on Feb. 7th. :)

January Goals: 1/2
    No Sugar Challenge: 2 Days sugar-free!
    Fast for 19+ hours: I fasted 19.5 hrs.
    Ate on plan: Stayed Keto today
    Workout 30+ minutes: Took today off
    Drink 96+ oz. of water: I got all my water in for the day
  • raleighgirl09
    edited January 2021
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Thursday peek back in

Hiya gang o' SlimLettes! Having an unusually quiet evening - no where to go - my mom cancelled our visit, very few chores pressing me before bed because dinner is leftovers (THANK YOU food prepping!!) which creates very few dishes which means not much by way of kitchen duty, and looks like a skip-Netflix night. I do love a good show or two to unwind but good to take a break, too. Actually looking forward to the dinner, a grilled cheese wrap and the Pozole with chicken thighs - great comfort food qualities! Higher sodium day but it'll all come out in the wash.

Habits have all been good today - water, steps, cals, checking in, all good. No sugar again - haven't had a smoothie in a while to help stay under calories. I'm planning an over day - we have been invited to a winter firepit gathering Saturday, socially distanced and outside, where we'll have brats and sides with some mugs of good cheer so over 1240 calories for sure. I'll be careful during the day and go back to the plan on Sunday. I do not usually subscribe to a 'cheat' day or a planned indulgence day - I've been more of the 'well, that happened, just step over the body and keep on trucking' approach. But I've seen others successfully deploy this approach and so I'm going to give it a shot. Years ago I followed my plan pretty closely and every Friday night I went to the local frozen yogurt place (Goodberry's, in case anyone has heard of it) and I got a super decadent delight in the smallest size and I lost weight like a champ the whole time. I so enjoyed that weekly indulgence - I referred to it as tricking my body once a week and reaping the benefits, it was my 'Sundae Theory' that worked for a really long time. Anywho - Saturday night is the night this week, the first in this grand experiment, because of the invite around the fire. Looking forward to seeing folks, having some brats and drinks! I'll log it and the numbers will be what the numbers will be.

Don't think I've mentioned - I am creating a book with pictures for Hazel with a story about a big stuffed sloth named Henry who is visiting Grandad and Gigi. It has been a lot of fun to do and I'm so excited - maybe 8 8x11 pics from the copier on landscape that's I'll have laminated and a very simple story that will be all about Henry's visit. First pic below is one of when I met Henry at Walmart and he rode in the cart and helped me shop. I wasn't sure he was coming home with me, I just liked the company, but he received so many happy smiles and comments that I figured it was destiny. So he came home and inspired me from the initial thought of sending Hazel a picture to creating this book for her. I'll write a simple story on the back of each picture so she can flip up and see the story that goes with each picture above the pic when she flips up (landscape orientation). I'm not even kidding about how happy it has made me to have this project. Life with a Henry in it is indeed a cheerful one!

Henry shops with Gigi and attracts a LOT of attention!
    btsnblq0dou4.jpg

Henry read a book to some friends while he was at Gigi's house!
    2hts747qh6dd.jpg

• raleighgirl09
    edited January 2021
    Options
    @trooworld yay for stretching....of all the things that have helped me when I have been in pain, that has been the most beneficial and, I think, has helped me heal. I hope you find it helpful and heal from this a little bit more each day... <3 So happy to hear this: "In other news, I am continuing to do well this week and I firmly believe that drinking enough water, making the right recipes, and getting at least 7 1/2 hours of sleep is key for me. That combination seems to be the winning formula." So thrilled you are seeing those CHANGES HAPPENING!!!! =>
    @katmary71 just when I thought I had heard all of the Maria songs!!! Hubby and I enjoyed listening and that sparked a good ol' Google session of Blondie facts and trivia! I had always assumed she began in the 90's because that's when I heard of her and liked her music but turns out, that was after being away for a while but actually started in 1974....you go girl! Been thinking of you at the DMV - hope it went well!
    @Kerritho wow, MOST EXCELLENT! My aunt does something similar - when she has a lot of gatherings or vacations or visiting folks, and food is always involved, she'll take a few days and eat super light, super low cals, and she always adjusts quickly. She lost weight many, many years ago and has stayed within 3 pounds of her goal weight - that is, after attacking any gain she has had immediately! Following the 800 recipes in the way you did it worked quite well for you.....crushing it!!!!
    @RYcare I sure wish I could predict or anticipate anything the scale is going to do based on eating but it never seems to work like that consistently. Just when it seems it will never happen......WOOSH. Or eat a sundae and lose weight........whuuuuut????? Great gym time for you and following healthy habits! You know, after a while of dipping past your personal calorie needs, the body may start to fight back. I hope you can figure out how to avoid being kept awake by hunger, that's such an uncomfortable feeling! A big mug of steaming broth before bed, maybe...? I'm a fan of trying to figure out how to make the body and tummy happy and also be where I want to be!
    @TwistedSassette wow, you knocked it out of the park, way to go!! I bet that sweet little boy is **LOVING** his new bed, how fun is that! Even in creating a new routine, there will be some days that don't work to plug and play the new habit you want to adopt. But the habit and all the benefits are not made nor broken in what happens on any one given day. It's a process and I am cheering you on for another morning ride, very soon!

@TeresaW1020 thank you for the thoughtful words of encouragement. Everyday that I can stack another row of green check marks on that habit tracker is another notch in the belt. I don't need to let the troubles of life take me backward in the progress I have made. No. Any backward movement is of my making, I own that - but it *is* a factor and being aware is the first step to right it - and hopefully avoiding it - as I go along. Thanks.... <3 And THIS:
    I feel that I finally have a handle on how I want to lose weight, but I worry about the long term and keeping the weight off.

You and me both, kiddo. I am beginning to see that it isn't the keeping it off that is the trick......it's the managing the whole of the process, but doing it like a BOSS and a PRO who's been around the block and has it figured out. I think the 'figuring it out' is the managing a life of eating choices and balancing the days of lighter eating with the days of more eating and having it all come out in the wash. Seems like, anyway. I've kept a good bit off all these years and have had a great run for the last year and a three quarter - learned a lot, as you said. Anyway - I think the maintenance is not where we get - it's what we become. That's what I think.

This discussion has been closed.