Replies

• GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Username: GabiV125
    Check in day: Wednesday
    PW: 130.8
    CW: 131.0
    I hope in 2 weeks to get back to my pre-Christmas weight, and if I won’t, then there’s February!
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Username:@leonadixon
    Weigh in day: Tuesday
    PW (12/29/2020): 220.8
    Check in weight (1/5/2021): 222.0[/b]- correction! Last week's number was 222 @broncobuddee
    Check in weight (1/12/2021): 221.6

I realized the number I input last week was wrong (higher, hence the freakout post). I am down a smidge this week despite logging, eating better, and exercising, but i am committed to continuing on this path and not falling into the depressed mess when the number is not what I want to see.

The no sugar challenge is going well for me. My only temptation was this weekend visiting my parents who baked an apple pie! I accepted a small piece and ate less than half of that. For me, this is a huge accomplishment.

Have a good week, all!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,584 Member
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain with the pushups and situps programs are they straight ones or variations? Sounds like a fun challenge!

@CStockton18 I get it and while I agree people have it worse that doesn't make your situation any less bad for you. Stay as positive as you can but deal with your feelings too, it's hard to deal with physical limitations and pain especially when they come on quickly. What makes it even more fun is the more upset/angry you are the worse the pain gets and the worse the pain gets the harder it is to stay positive! In my case I was doing a lot better then relapsed real fast last year, it was like a miracle had happened then my worst nightmare came true. One thing that I was resistant to at first but helped a lot was working with a pain psychologist, that may be an option for you. Good luck with the MRI! I'm claustrophobic, I just had an open MRI and that's the coolest thing ever!

@TeresaW1020 I need to listen to the last link of the sugar conference, I listened to a bit and it's very interesting. I'm trying not to be all or nothing as well, out of everything in the elimination diet it's the most noticeable difference in pain for me but it's also my favorite out of it all. If I'm going out to eat I'd rather have salad and dessert than a fat steak! I don't know the answer yet for myself, I definitely can't free-for-all like I did with Christmas cookies though or I'm so bad I'm going to the ER.

@TwistedSassette Those challenges sound like fun! Way to go on staying under, woot woot!

@raleighgirl09 Let me know how the implant goes! I kind of wish I'd done that now, I still need to for another tooth but I'm waiting for now. Boyfriend's cake is an ice cream cake, it's already in the freezer! I'm just going to cut calories and eat it. Honestly if it was in the house without him here I'd just eat it and forget all my other food but it's not my cake!

@trooworld good luck with sleep! Ambien was a weird one for me, I felt drowsy in the daytime. Could you take Tylenol PM or Benadryl? I've tried a few different prescriptions, Trazadone helped some but Mirtzapine (sp?) has been my favorite. I hate needing a sleeping pill but if I don't sleep my pain is insane, it knocks me out for about 5 hours then I sleep off and on. Without it I can't fall asleep at all. If you're willing to try it edibles help with sleep too, the cannabis tea I'm using helps plus I add it into Trader Joe's Well Rested tea. It's a hybrid strain and I feel normal aside of being tired, I don't like not feeling like myself (drugged) so it's been a good solution as far as needing something but not wanting to be on a lot of medication. I hope it's ok that I'm talking about this, it's legal in CA though I got my license too.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,584 Member
    Options
    @Leonadixon Way to go on a small piece of pie, that's a win!

Wednesday check-in
    Hey gang! Workouts are going well, I'm alternating abs and arm strength training, doing arm cardio, and stretching. I need to do something for my legs to keep them strong but I'm not sure what I can get away with, I'll wait and think about it. I can tell they're getting a lot weaker, I had to go up stairs at the dentist and it was hard to do whereas a year ago I practically sprinted up them. Boyfriend's birthday was fun, I can tell he's not used to someone making a big deal of his birthday and he said what a great day it was BEFORE he knew he had a birthday cake in his favorite flavor with his name across it and candles! I spared him and didn't sing. Today's my eye appointment, I've only had glasses for two years and they drive me crazy, I'm going to get a prescription for contacts this time. Foggy dirty glasses will soon be a thing of the past!
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    @adhmrh-glad the hubs is OK. Whew that must have been scary! You are a great cheerleader on here- love it!

@raleighgirl09 - I always use frozen riced caul. I don't find it mushy. Sometimes it has to be drained a bit. I've never made it from fresh, so I can't compare. It still has some shape in your mouth, just not as much as rice. I generally like my veggies undercooked and crispy....

@trooworld - you hang in there girl and CHANGE will HAPPEN!

@Katmary71 Smiley face to celebrating a birthday and frowny face to dental work!

@buniphuphu - keep trying on the swimming. You're working hard on what you can.

@AustinRuadhain Oh. Well that makes me feel better. I can do about 12 each! This is a pretty cool goal. Yay you!

Oops, gotta run. Back later.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @leonadixon, good job on your loss this week! And yayyy for only having a tiny piece of apple pie. That is a huge win and one I don’t think I would have been able to do. :)

@Katmary71 I hope you will watch more of the sugar summit. There is just so much info and it’s not all the same information, other than refined sugar really has zero redeeming qualities other than being damn tasty! The speaker that I got the most out of today was Sioban Harris. Her story with sugar mirrors mine in a way that literally took my breath away. I was really happy to see that she has a podcast called unsweetened Sio, which I will be for sure listening to once this summit is over. Too bad you don’t love meat. I have heard many people on different podcasts who went carnivore and have had amazing results with their autoimmune disease and other health issues. But I don’t think it would be for me either, although I’ve considered it for a short time just to get the weight off. I’m seriously wanting contacts too!! Can’t stand the fog! :#

Hi Team! Today was a good day. I did a long workout and then went hunting down a bra. I did my measurements and I need a 34 DDD. I’ve lost 2.5 inches off my band size this past year but not in my cups. Sooo basically my girls think we are a thin woman who has had a boob job. :D Guess I’m going to have to order one. The rest of the day was doing the same thing I’ve been doing and that was listening to the sugar summit. I have church this evening and will have to go to work tomorrow for a staff meeting. Have a good night! :)

January Goals: 1/13
    No Sugar Challenge: 13 Days sugar-free!
    Fast for 19+ hours: I fasted 23.5 hours
    Ate on plan: I stayed Keto with one small meal.
    Workout 30+ minutes: Beachbody #MBF Full body workout with weights and 20 minute treadmill walk.
    Drink 96+ oz. of water: I got all my water in for the day
    2021 Focus Word: TRANSFORMATION
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    @raleighgirl09 I literally can't fathom walking 15,000 steps in a day - you're my hero!
    Speaking of dental implants, my hubby has a full mouth of implants. He has 11 titanium bolts in his jaw! It was a long process and cost as much as a medium-sized car, but it's been so worth it for him to be able to eat properly without getting abscesses - and he smiles a lot more now too! There is a bit of a back story, years before I met him he was a bullrider in the rodeo scene, and he came off badly one day and hit his face on the fence, knocking out his front teeth. So he had a bridge for his front teeth, but because that attached to his other top teeth, it eventually damaged those as well and they had to be removed. So when I met him, he had a full plate (at age 23!). I'm not sure if it's normal but because the enamel on the plate was harder than his real teeth on the bottom, it damaged his bottom teeth badly (like, they were splitting). So he made the decision to have all his bottom teeth pulled out, and have a full mouth of implants done. I think it took close to a year to get through the whole process, but he's so glad he did it now!

@trooworld I hope that the medication starts to work soon. I can't imagine waking that often every night - the few times it has happened to me I'm just a wreck the next day. I'm very lucky that my kid is a good sleeper, having slept through the night since he was only 7 weeks old and before that, only waking every 3-4 hours when he was hungry! Keeping my fingers crossed for you that the medication kicks in tonight!

@TeresaW1020 Thanks, I'll try to check out Dr. Lustig today - I didn't get to hear any yesterday unfortunately.
    Check your mindset twice as often as you check your phone - I love this!!

@leonadixon Congrats on your non-scale victory with the apple pie! And congrats on your scale victory too!

@Katmary71 I'm glad that your boyfriend enjoyed his birthday! I always think it's sad when people aren't used to being celebrated so it's lovely that you were able to bring him joy. I'm with you on the contacts - I cannot for the life of me get glasses to stay where they're meant to. They fog up, the slide down, they get covered in makeup (and I don't even wear much makeup, just a mineral foundation!). My optometrist didn't want me to have contacts because I work in an office and he said the air conditioning would make my eyes too dry - I'm pleased to say he was very wrong! The worst time I have is when driving because the air con is blowing right in my face - I tend to direct the vents down away from my face, and almost always am wearing sunglasses unless it's night time, so it's not that much of an issue either. I hope you like your contacts, it took me a bit to get used to putting them in but after a bit it's easy!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Not much to update for me really. Had another good day with a deficit! I have a yoga class tonight which I'm excited about. And I have tomorrow off work so a nice long weekend to look forward to. Trying to keep my water intake up today to bring down my sodium bloat. And that's about it!
    nxvfdcis4s10.png
    Goals for January:
    Sleep: 88.1/200 hours (average 6.8 hours) - ON TRACK
    Total Calorie Deficit recorded to date: -56 - AT RISK
    Exercise: 99/600 minutes (average 8 minutes) - AT RISK
    Meditation: 1/4 sessions - ON TRACK
    Social Media: 8.75/31 hours (average 0.67 hours) - ON TRACK

Updated to 13/01/2021
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    lmkus2m1blx8.jpg

Tuesday Check-in
    🟢Morning walk/workout (10+ min) - yes to the workout, but forgot to do it in the morning. Back at work on making this a habit!
    🟢100 Pushups & Situps Programs (3 ea/week)
    🟢Food measured & tracked
    🟢Hit MFP calorie goal
    🟢Workout 45+ / 6 days-wk
    🟢10K steps
    🟢NO SUGAR challenge
    🟢Check in on Slimpossibles daily

Wednesday Plan/Status
    So far, so good. I have eaten reasonably, and got in a 2 mile walk this morning. I am about to go out for a walk with my husband now.
    I went shopping today and did not even think about picking up a NuGo bar, which would have wrecked my No Sugar day. Hurray!
    🟢Morning walk/workout (10+ min)

@anido1
    There is no need to apologize to us for blahness. Day by day is the prefect way to tackle it. It is GREAT that you got out walking today. Sending a hug!

@TwistedSassette
    I hope your yoga class went well! Yay to all those goals.

I am off to help my husband get in a walk!
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Quick Wednesday evening check in!

Hi gang! Had a great day with goals - actions and decisions supported those goals so.....I DID THE WORK to make CHANGE HAPPEN and continue my TRANSFORMATION! Thanks to the Slims for providing inspiration these past couple of weeks and patiently letting me 'borrow' your words and phrases!! ROCK ON SLIMS!

I was hungrier than I have been lately before dinner (hello, raised step count!!) and had a scant few chips and pimento cheese as the chili heated so - siggggghhhhhhh........ I skipped a drink. I was ok doing it when I made the decision at 630 or so but I have missed it. Oh well, worse things to happen to a girl than a missed cocktail. Maybe not a lot of things but I'm sure there's a list handy, somewhere.

More in the morning - nye tall!!

Your adoring fan,
    Maria
  • raleighgirl09
    Options
    Week 2 weigh in Thursday (14Jan2021)
    Previous weight:180.9
    Current weight: 178.4
    LTD MFP #2 56.6 lbs
    LTD overall 121.6

Consistency is paying off, I do like that! My physical is scheduled for 24Feb and I would love to be under 170. I say this with some trepidation as I have a habit of making a goal and doing some backsliding......someone here said it perfectly "taking my foot off of the gas" but I don't recall who said it several days ago. That's really what happens - I take my foot off the gas and then start applying the brakes (and swerving out of my lane!!!). I am trying to be very aware of my actions and thought patterns as I progress again and see where I can alter the course in that well-worn path.

@TeresaW1020 I have disabled the notifications on my Fitbit. It doesn't inspire me - I know perfectly well when I am not moving enough - and only serves to annoy me. My family has to be careful with alcohol and sugar - we love both, like about 10 billion other people. I feel that food addictions are the least understood of all of the vices; if it was as easy as 'just don't eat so much' then there wouldn't be the enormous obesity issues in countries the majority of people can afford to eat and not worry about where the next meal comes from. Sadly, I think the US leads this grim parade.
    @trooworld I sure do hope the Ambien helps! It's like a miracle for the folks it works for but even if it doesn't, there are a lot of really good options and I'm sure your doctor will help you through it, if needed
    @Jactop congrats on the drop this week - every bit counts!!!

More tonight, friends! I just sadly lost about 40 minutes of replies from everyone on this page and was almost done - with only myself to blame. Only the above had been copied into a word doc and then I dumbly went live here. I seriously should consider adding "only create replies on a word doc" in the Habit Tracker.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR...........
  • raleighgirl09
    Options
    Pics of the package of riced sweet potato - same brand as the riced cauliflower I found. The cauli actually had a similar texture to rice (at least in the jambalaya recipe) and was really great on flavor, too. They had broccoli, I'll go ahead and try it based on the cauliflower, I hope it isn't mushy which was my hesitation in buying it.

It's not low carb, the sweet potato, but I'll let the gang know about flavor and texture when I get around to trying it.

9asyjqwtiku5.jpg

q63scp9s8lpb.jpg

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,915 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 Yeah I'm drowsy during the day but the pharmacist said that should wear off in a few days. I've never tried Tylenol PM but I've tried Benadryl and all it does is make me tired the next day. I might try Tylenol PM though. I have tried Trazadone and it doesn't help. I'm on Mirtazapine now for anxiety. I might try the edibles, that's something I hadn't thought of. I think it's okay to talk about, at least with me it's okay! Thanks for the suggestions. I'm glad your boyfriend had a good birthday. Good luck at the eye doctor.

@Cornanda Thank you!

@TeresaW1020 LOL! I've gotten bras from Third Love and really liked them, they are very well-made and stylish. They are a bit expensive though.

@TwistedSassette Thanks. I hardly get any REM sleep, which is so vital. I get like 45-50 minutes a night. That's good your boy is a good sleeper. The Ambien actually helped last night. According to my sleep tracker, I got "GOOD" sleep. I hope you enjoyed the yoga. And yay for a long weekend!

@raleighgirl09 Congrats on the loss, well done! The Ambien helped last night, thanks.

Hi all. My arthritis is acting up and I'm in a lot of pain when I move. I'm wondering if it is being triggered by all of the chocolate I've had lately? I hate this pain. I was able to sleep better last night.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS.
  • tslose
    tslose Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Well I haven’t been good about posting. Days are just flying by. I will do better. I have been doing well but just need to log and communicate. Have a good day everyone!
  • kerritho
    kerritho Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    @broncobuddee
    @Kerritho
    Weigh In Day: Friday (Australian time!)
    PW: 67.9kg / 149.38 lbs
    CW: 67.2kg / 148.15 lbs

Hi Everyone

I had an ok week. Not a lot of weight loss - but at least went down. I swam 3.4km (3 swims), rode 59km (2 rides) and did 11km walking (2 walks) - averaged 12,330 steps for the week. Worked hard but consumed so much (mainly too many carbs) I haven’t lost much.

As of yesterday I decided to start using the meal planners in the Fast 800 recipe book. That means I’m down to 2 meals a day. I think I’ll do that Monday to Friday and have breakfast on weekends if I’m doing ok.

Thanks for all the posts. I find it so helpful to read about how everyone has challenges and the ingenious ideas to meet those challenges.

I’ve learned so much - key lessons - don’t use your eat your exercise calories and pre load your meals. I’m using this last one to make sure I have all the healthy ingredients needed.

Kerri
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @TwistedSassette The good news about Dr. Lustig is that you can find him on YouTube and on tons of podcasts. What I’ve been doing is giving each guest about a 10 minute listen and if I’m interested in them I write down their name to hunt them down later. I didn’t get to listen much today, but I did watch Jessyca Reynolds's whole story and it was so moving and incredible. I hope you get a chance to listen to her. :)

@raleighgirl09 Wahhooo look at that weight loss! You just gotta keeping doing what works. B) I LOVE pimento cheese! I should totally make some and eat it with yummy pork rinds. <3 Yes, to what you said about addiction and the obesity rate in the world. I heard a very interesting conversation yesterday about if diets don’t perpetuate the food addiction that so many suffer from. I personally believe that to be true. I know that I’ve been a sugar addict since I was a child. I have also been on and off some form of a diet since I was 11 years old. I’m pretty sure there is something there and I’m working on figuring it out for myself. #studyofone ;) Haha, I feel the same way about the water app that I put on my phone. I get so tired of it telling me that it’s time to drink. I know that already!! I will take it off after this month. I will look for that cauliflower rice. Tonight, I made a chicken stir fry and dumped a whole bag of frozen into bulk up the veggies. :)

@bethanie0825 Yayyy great! Good job on your weight loss and doing your runs. 5.5 miles a day is incredible! Keep up all your hard work. B)

@trooworld I’m sorry that your arthritis is acting up so badly. I would bet that the chocolate, or more importantly the sugar, could very well cause your arthritis to flare up. Today, I was listening to a health coach who said that she is amazed that the two greatest benefits her clients rave about when going off sugar is no more knee and hand pain. I know my knee pain has been much better so maybe there is something there and worth considering. :) Yeah, I was looking at Third Love’s website. I also like the look of Soma bras.

@tslose we are glad that you could stop by and say hi. Keep taking care of yourself and we will be happy to hear from you when you can. :)

@kerritho What kind of recipes are in the book? Do they stick to one type of eating plan or does it vary? I do two meals a day only three days a week and the other four are just one meal. Seems to be working. :)

Hi Team! Today was a busy one. I had a long staff meeting and was starving by the time I got home and broke my fast. Afterward, hubby and I went shopping. I learned that there is this thing called sister sizing when it comes to bras, so I found one at Kohls that is still a little too big around but incredibly comfortable and supportive so I’m calling good enough for now. I will worry about bras when I get to my goal weight. We also shopped for our dear friends who are having a little boy next month. The dad is our associate pastor, and the staff is throwing a small baby shower luncheon for the couple this Saturday. They already have a three-year-old son, so don’t really need any clothes, but come on, how could I resist when Kohls was having a 50% off sale on some super cute little outfits? :grin:

January Goals: 1/14
    No Sugar Challenge: 14 Days sugar-free!
    Fast for 19+ hours: I fasted 19.5 hours
    Ate on plan: I stayed Keto with a small lunch and a yummy chicken stir-fry
    Workout 30+ minutes: I took today off from working out and opted for shopping! :grin:
    Drink 96+ oz. of water: I got all my water in for the day
    2021 Focus Word: TRANSFORMATION
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    @trooworld - don't try the tylenol PM. It's ingredients are tylenol and benadryl. Hope you get some Zzzzzzzzs tonight.
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    @anido1 That’S the right attitude - one day at a time. No non-zero days! You got this!

@bethanie0825 Great weigh in! All that extra movement is paying off. I can’t imagine 5.5 miles a day, you’re amazing!
    I’m with you on the Facebook thing. It’s toxic and I find myself lost down rabbit holes in comment sections as they suck the positivity out of me. That’s why one of my goals this month is limiting my social media time - I’m actually not missing it at all!

@raleighgirl09 You got it! Consistency is the key.

@trooworld I’m glad you got some better sleep last night. Here’s hoping it keeps improving!

@kerritho Congrats on your loss this week! 0.5kg is a good, solid weekly loss!

Yoga last night was wonderful. I had some tightness in my lower back which feels a lot better today after some good twist poses and some hip openers. I have another class tomorrow morning so I’m looking forward to that.
    I’m home from work today on a rostered day off so I did a quick dance workout on Apple Fitness+ - which really just reminded me how uncoordinated I am but got my heart rate up nevertheless.
    Recorded a good deficit yesterday, so I’m feeling good and positive!
    nxvfdcis4s10.png
    Goals for January:
    Sleep: 95.3/200 hours (average 6.8 hours) - ON TRACK
    Total Calorie Deficit recorded to date: 420 - ON TRACK
    Exercise: 180/600 minutes (average 13 minutes) - AT RISK
    Meditation: 2/4 sessions - ON TRACK
    Social Media: 9.25/31 hours (average 0.66 hours) - ON TRACK

Updated to 14/01/2021
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    otpmzu5uw6nw.jpg

Wednesday - Final status
    Green for everything except Pushups/Sit-ups, which I forgot. I doubled up today to get back in the groove.

Thursday Plan/Status
    🔴Morning walk/workout - dawdled and didn't do this until lunchtime
    🟢Pushups/Sit-ups - did this in the morning, before I could forget!
    🟢Food measured & tracked
    🟢Hit MFP calorie goal
    🟢Workout 45+ / 6 days-wk
    🟢10K steps - just finished!
    🟢NO SUGAR challenge
    🟢Check in on Slimpossibles daily

@trooworld
    So glad you slept better!
    I think it's brilliant to check in on what you are eating if your arthritis is acting up.

@raleighgirl09
    Hurray for that great weigh-in! SO glad consistency is paying off!
    The riced sweet potato looks delicious! I love sweet potatoes in many ways. so I am biased!

@bethanie0825
    I have been watching less news, too. More meditation, less screen time!
This discussion has been closed.