Mission Slimpossible - January 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,888 Member
    Options
    @Cornanda Cutting back on that stuff is a good idea. Good luck and congrats on the loss! You are so close to 10!!!

@TeresaW1020 Yeah, I love that video...I feel so much better after I do it. Congrats again on being down 75 POUNDS! You are an incredible inspiration! You are really living up to your focus word for 2021!

@adhmrh What a fantastic loss! Well done.

@AustinRuadhain Yeah I'm feeling better since I cut the sugar out, it's slowly making its way out of my system. Yoga with Adriene is the best! I can't believe she puts out so much free content as good as she is at teaching.

@TwistedSassette I do, too. That's great that your in-person instructor is similar.

Hello all. I'm so happy that I had a loss this week. Maybe I can turn things around after all. I've been less hungry during the day these past few days that I've had good sleep. I really think sleep is key for me. Yesterday was absolutely gorgeous here: 88F high. I did meditate outside for 20 minutes and it felt really good, very peaceful. I hope to do it again today.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS.
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 694 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Saturday check in

Hideeho gang - had a Friday night moment with some random chocolate and nuts with berries. I know, that's not really random, it became deliberate but I am back to my streak today...day one of new streak! => I have had a weekend/Friday night mentality for most of my adult life with the feeling like some indulgence is in order after a long week. Or even a short week - I just like it. So I logged a guess of 500 calories for it this morning and moving on!

I'll get my two walks today - I did yesterday but the second one was in the fast-approaching dark, raining and 47 degrees. Not the most pleasant of walks but I was glad I stuck to my guns because water was off, I was about to eat sugar (unknown at that time) and go over my calories. I'm also shopping today for the week's groceries, I'll make the posole again and use chicken thighs instead of pork to lower the calories. Not sure what else I'll do but that was requested as a repeat! =>

New job is going well, I'm enjoying them and the tasks before me. That's a win... =>

@adhmrh - 5 lbs for Jan already, that's terrific and 71 to date is amazing @Cornanda - we're all lined up at the 10 digit cheering you on, fist pumps in the air YOU CAN DO IT! @mlhopp93 - yes, some focus and intentional action can be just the ticket!! => @trooworld - fantastic I am so happy for you!! - - - great weigh in you guys, just awesome! =>

@firefly743 and @RYcare way to go on a great weigh in and loss this week WOOT!!

@trooworld, so glad you are getting the rest needed, I hope this continues for you! I used to walk around chronically sleep deprived but finally made it. So jealous of the 80 degrees!
    @TeresaW1020 your journey has been super amazing - and you have defined some solids whys to keep you motivated! So exciting to see and be a part of your walk..... <3
    @AustinRuadhain YAY for all your greens, too!! Mine had a huge drop off yesterday but today is better - and I hope you can work the morning routine but I'm impressed that you keep working it in at some point, even if not at your perfect point!
    @Cornanda trust me - someone will tell you the big bad *kitten* and the rest of it, the simple doo-doo isn't worth the anxiety! Hm, maybe I'm projecting my own philosophy.......??? B)
    @vegan4lyfe2012 @itsmegina @Cstockton18 - this may not be the result you wanted but it inspired some good determination to turn the truck around!! We're with you all!!
    @TwistedSassette yay on yoga, that's another way to accomplish the peacefulness...... => Hope all of you are feeling back to your old selves and having a great weekend! At least tracking keeps us aware, right?
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,590 Member
    Options
    @mlhopp93 Great loss!!

@trooworld 1lb down - well done!! Good sleep is so important, I’m glad you’re getting some now.

@RYcare Congrats on your loss this week!

@Firefly743 Great weigh in!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    nxvfdcis4s10.png
    Goals for January:
    Sleep: 108.6/200 hours (average 6.8 hours) - ON TRACK
    Total Calorie Deficit recorded to date: -231 - AT RISK
    Exercise: 267/600 minutes (average 17 minutes) - AT RISK
    Meditation: 3/4 sessions - ON TRACK
    Social Media: 10.71/31 hours (average 0.67 hours) - ON TRACK

Updated to 16/01/2021
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain Thanks! As you know losing weight is such a battle on so many levels and I really feel the key to the battle is learning why we do what we do and figuring out how to correct the wrong behavior. I’m still totally a work in progress and probably always will be. But I’m thankful to have someone like you to watch and emulate. <3

@Cstockton18 I hope that the MRI will give the doctors the results they need to help you. And YES you will totally 1000% smash your goals this week. Purpose in your heart to make it happen and you will. :)

@mlhopp93 Wow, what is a great loss you had this week! Nothing like a little focus and some hard work to make it happen. Keep it up!! B)

@trooworld Yayyy you had a good week! And thanks so much! Maybe I did choose the right word after all. ;) There is such a correlation between sleep and hunger so I’m glad that you have improved and have gotten some good sleep. Fingers crossed it will stay that way for you.

@RYcare and @Firefly743 Good losses this week! Keep up the good work! B)

@raleighgirl09 Thanks so much! I’m really going to give this year my all in every way that I can. I think a lot of people have that weekend/Friday night mentality. I’m still in mourning that I had to give up my wine Fridays. I hope to maybe start back up one Friday a month after this month’s challenge. Moderation is the key…or so they say, right? ;)

Hi Team, I hope everyone is having a good weekend! Not much going on here. I did do my workout this morning and that felt good. I’m teaching children’s church in the morning and as usual, I waited until the last moment to put something together. But it will be fun because kids are very forgiving and don’t seem to mind if I stand there holding my cheat sheets. I did tape some notes in my Bible so I would look like I have it all together. :D After putting together my lesson, I started a new 2000-piece puzzle and watched Day 6 of the sugar summit. Just tomorrow to go!

January Goals: 1/16
    No Sugar Challenge: 16 Days sugar-free!
    Fast for 19+ hours: I fasted 19 hrs. 12 min.
    Ate on plan: I stayed Keto today and made the best Denver frittata and Keto English muffin for dinner.
    Workout 30+ minutes: I did a #MBFA workout and 15 minute HIIT on the treadmill
    Drink 96+ oz. of water: I got all my water in for the day
  • RYcare
    RYcare Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    @mlhopp93 I agree it is really amazing how little focus on food and excellent changes the scale. I personally experience it every week since the start of my weight loss journey. Keep going you are amazing too.

@TwistedSassette. Thanks! What a great way to start your day with Yoga. I went to the gym and started my day on the elliptical...

@bethanie0825. Great weight loss! Go for RunTheYear - you can do it.

@trooworld. I will try desk yoga for sure. Thanks for a new idea

@adhmrh. WOW for your weight loss this week. I miss those weeks when I was going down by 2s. I should work harder to get back to it

@Firedly743. You are on fire and flying with the weight loss this week. WAY to go wohooo

Glade to be back to my “normal” life, my parents drs appointments all went well beginning of the week, and thank God they are in a stable condition.
    It is Tom time and not feeling so great but I am happy at least the number on the scale is not going up. I was walking 2 miles with my mom every day but haven’t put real good effort to sweat enough to lose weight, so back to the gym as of this morning.

Have a great rest of the weekend everyone.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,555 Member
    Options
    Hey gang! Sorry for falling behind, I'm struggling with pain levels right now. I've been working out harder then sprayed weeds and it took forever so I overdid it. My Dad's teasing me that I can sell flats of that weed, I'm ready to dig up the yard! I'm at the point where I normally go to the ER but am trying to fight it as I don't want to go on steroids. The eye appointment was annoying, if I get contacts to see far away I'll need glasses to read. I got my first hair cut in a year and it's not what I asked for, I'm mad at myself for giving her a tip!
  • apple852hk
    apple852hk Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Weigh in Apple852hk
    Week 3 - Jan 2021 Sunday
    PW 137lbs (62.2kg)
    CW 139.3lbs (63.2kg)
    LTD about 45.8lbs (20.8kg)

Gained 2 weeks in a row - eating too big portions again, should half my portions.

Eating carb every lunchtime doesnt help, maybe a few times a week than daily.

Couldn't manage sugar free January - felt down and menstrual so ate a whole 90g bar chocolate one night. 8 cookies walking back home from the supermarket.

GOALS
    1. Eat less chocolate, 1 serving of 50g per day maximum. Try noticing how much I eat.
    2. Fold origami cube AFTER eating a serving of chocolate, instead of rushing for another serving.
    Share pictures of how many cubes made, with slimpossibiles group.
  • tslose
    tslose Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Tslose
    Sunday
    BW 191.4
    PW 189.2
    CW 187.4

Really going to work on communicating in group and logging. I did well for awhile. I am losing weight but need to be consistent. This will be a interesting week. Going for my first colonoscopy.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,888 Member
    Options
    @raleighgirl09 I have that same mentality about the weekends. :( Today is a new day and you are moving on, that's great! Yeah, I'm glad I'm getting sleep, too. It was so nice yesterday, too! :D

@TwistedSassette Thanks!

@TeresaW1020 Yes, I think you did choose the right word. Thanks, I'm hopeful that there is a solution to my sleep problems. You are funny, taping notes in your Bible, those kids will have no idea that you put it together at the last minute! LOL

@RYcare You are welcome. It's really refreshing to do. Good luck with the gym.

@Katmary71 I'm sorry about the pain, I hope it goes away soon. That sucks about the contacts and your haircut. I hate when you pay all this money for a hair job and they butcher it.

Hi all. I had a really good day yesterday, I didn't manage to hit all of my goals (I didn't meditate or read) but I did well on the ones I did make. It was again a nice day so my husband and I went for a nice walk. I'm hoping to do it again today or do some yoga. I don't have much going on today, I am going to clean the car and maybe meal prep a few meals. That's it!

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • raleighgirl09
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    summary of week 2 challenge

My goal was to make every Habit Tracker goal a green check, daily (Sun-Sat) ✅✅✅✅✅❌❌

Friday and Saturday had some holes. Friday was an off-the-rails day while Saturday was not hitting the water due to poor planning.
    1. stick to the baseline MFP calorie goal ✅✅✅✅✅❌✅
    2. 10-12 cups of water a day ✅✅✅✅✅❌❌
    3. log all food, prep and pre-log as much as possible ✅✅✅✅✅❌✅
    4. January 2021 NO SUGAR ✅✅✅✅✅❌✅
    5. daily check in with Slims and complete the Habit Tracker daily ✅✅✅✅✅✅✅

Looking at everyone's progress on that page, most of the folks did well, overall - including me. I wanted the perfect streak but I didn't accomplish it and that was ok. I had a better week overall and I have decided on some tweaks, after doing it and thinking about it.

@jugar has a day that she allows wiggle room for - I'm going to translate that into my Friday night mindset and follow it up with my Saturday morning resolution. Those two things do not have to be inconsistent if I choose to not make it a bad association. The change I'll make is to be under my 1240 calorie every day except Friday - so for the January Habit Tracker, that will not be a green check mark because it's already started (I'll just be ok with it) and I'll adjust it for Feb.

I also think this would be helpful overall as I continue working toward a solid maintenance mindset - the elusive unicorn. Like coloring a coloring book picture of a unicorn, it will emerge slowly with time and practice. When I'm coloring, something I'm doing for Hazel and sending her the picture with a letter written on the back - the whole page doesn't move instantly from blank or white to colorful and filled in......it happens slowly, methodically, even. I often don't know what the exact colors will be or how long it will take but I don't get all bunched up over that, I just keep coloring because I know that eventually I'll have a completed picture and it's ok to proceed without knowing anything else. So goes my emerging maintenance mindset.

My January week 2 was much better than my January week 1 so this all seems good to me. The scale this morning showed a good trend, down a couple of pounds from last Sunday, so I think being under for the next F2F weigh in on Thursday is achievable - at least to be the same so I keep it green. B)B)B)

hrsbvnj21zo5.png
  • raleighgirl09
    Options
    apple852hk wrote: »
    Weigh in Apple852hk
    Week 3 - Jan 2021 Sunday
    PW 137lbs (62.2kg)
    CW 139.3lbs (63.2kg)
    LTD about 45.8lbs (20.8kg)

Gained 2 weeks in a row - eating too big portions again, should half my portions.

Eating carb every lunchtime doesnt help, maybe a few times a week than daily.

Couldn't manage sugar free January - felt down and menstrual so ate a whole 90g bar chocolate one night. 8 cookies walking back home from the supermarket.

GOALS
    1. Eat less chocolate, 1 serving of 50g per day maximum. Try noticing how much I eat.
    2. Fold origami cube AFTER eating a serving of chocolate, instead of rushing for another serving.
    Share pictures of how many cubes made, with slimpossibiles group.

@Apple852hk I love how straightforward you are in your telling us about the progress and choices - looking forward to seeing the pictures of the origami cubes! My first week of January and no sugar was - well, a big sugary bust. But then I had success for several days in a row! I'm encouraged to continue with a progress over perfection - I think I'll have more days of no sugar than otherwise and it will be progress. :)

• TeresaW1020
    Options
    :star:The Green Challenge :star: Percentage of people who lost weight this week. No matter how small the loss the weights are recorded in green. Remember that even if your team doesn’t rank the highest in weight loss for the week you can still be the Green Percentage winner by having the most losses in your team! So keep it up!! B)

2yfoux6awc4u.png
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,590 Member
    Options
    @raleighgirl09 I definitely have that weekend mentality too! I struggle even to track everything, let alone making the right choices...
    Good work on the habit tracker though! Aim for progress, not perfection :smile: And I love your metaphor with the colouring - your emerging maintenance mindset will come to light before your eyes!

@TeresaW1020 Kids are so forgiving! They probably don't even notice you're holding notes lol.
    I hadn't really thought about a correlation between sleep and hunger - thanks for mentioning that, it's something I will go and read up on.

@RYcare I'm glad your parents' appointments went well. That must be a load off your mind so you can do more for yourself now. Have fun at the gym :smile:

@Katmary71 Sending you a hug. I hope your pain level goes down quickly - try not to overdo it! I was surprised to learn a while ago that they have multifocal contact lenses (which is what mine are). I'm surprised that's not an option for you (unless maybe there's just too much difference between your long and short sight - but you'd think if you only need one pair of glasses...). I also had a bad haircut recently. I'm waiting for it to grow out a bit so I can go somewhere else and get it fixed but in the meantime I hate it every time I look in the mirror!

@krea4 Great job this week! Dropping the sugary snacks seems like it's working for you.

@apple852hk Sorry the chocolate monster got you! That's why I didn't participate in the sugar-free January - I would have done the same as you and made it a while and then overindulged. Does it help you if the chocolate is wrapped in individual servings? Even if you took a big block, broke it up into your daily allowance and wrapped them separately, even labelled with the day you will eat it? Stuff like that helps me, thought it might be worth a shot.

@tslose Congrats on your loss this week - well done. Good luck with your appointment.

@trooworld Sounds like a nice, relaxing weekend! Those are the best.

@digger61 Take care of yourself - recovery is longer if you go too hard too soon! Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
    Decent day yesterday. Rode my bike while the toddler was in the bath (don't worry, I could hear him playing as the gym is right next to the bathroom, and I would jump off and check him every couple of minutes) - only 10 minutes in total but better than a zero day. Went over my calorie goal but still had a deficit so I'm happy with that. Watched a movie with Hubby and spent the day just relaxing and doing some housework. Cooked roast pork for dinner which was delicious!
    It's Monday morning here now, I actually got up and rode my bike for 15 minutes before getting ready for work! Feels good to have that under my belt before the day even starts. Only 100 calories burned but that's more than my usual nothing, and got my joints mobile for the day! I plan to do something more later, maybe some strength work but I'm still a bit sore from yoga on Saturday so might just be cardio.
    nxvfdcis4s10.png
    Goals for January:
    Sleep: 114.6/200 hours (average 6.7 hours) - ON TRACK
    Total Calorie Deficit recorded to date: 192 - ON TRACK
    Exercise: 277/600 minutes (average 16 minutes) - AT RISK
    Meditation: 3/4 sessions - ON TRACK
    Social Media: 11.37/31 hours (average 0.67 hours) - ON TRACK

Updated to 17/01/2021
  • TeresaW1020
    Options

@RYcare Glad that your parents are doing well. Have a good week! :)

@Katmary71 Sorry that nothing seems to be going your way right now. I hope your pain eased up and that you will take it easy on yourself while working in the yard. A bad hair cut sucks! :#

@krea4 You are doing so great with your weight loss! And you are right that mindset and determination are everything! When I decided to do no sugar this month the first thing I told myself was that it was just for one month and I can do anything for just one month. Now that half the month is over, I just might go for two months! :grin:

@apple852hk Cutting portion sizes has always been a struggle for me too but I’m really trying to watch how much I put on my plate. Maybe use a smaller plate? Are you at your goal weight or close to it? :)

@tslose Good job on your loss this week! I hope all goes well with your colonoscopy. I haven’t had one of those yet, but I fear it’s probably in my future if my husband can talk me into going to a doctor. I do find that staying active in the group is a great way to stay focused on your plan and it will help you make better choices, so I hope to see you more often. <3

@trooworld Glad that you had a good day yesterday and I hope today was good too. How are you liking the new car? What did you prep this week? Are you make those WW meals? :)

@raleighgirl09 You are doing great with the habit tracker. I am too, which is pretty surprising because I usually forget to check it. I am finding it helpful and thinking about things that I will work on for next month. Like I totally don’t need to work on water. I practically drown myself every day in sparkling water, so why track it. :D I call the wiggle room “planned indulgences” and there is no room for guilt if you do plan for it. LOVE the analogy of the coloring book! Just keep coloring until the picture emerges. I’m starting to rethink the word maintenance and wondering if we should move our thinking from releasing unwanted pounds to living a healthy lifestyle that has no end. Maintenance sounds like work and who wants to work all the time when you can live your life and enjoy! Hmm? :)

@digger61 Sorry that you are going through the pain and recovery of getting your hernia repaired. Take it easy and do what you can. The weight will come off. :)

@TwistedSassete Yeah, that is why I love being with the kids. They are fun and don’t pay that close attention to the details. :grin: You will find a lot on hunger and sleep and hunger and stress. One of the true joys of being a mother is when your kids can bathe themselves without supervision. You are getting closer. :D Good for you for getting your bike riding in! :)

Hi Team! Today was a good day. Children’s church was fun this morning. Although one of my kids fell during games and hurt his wrist but his mom says he will be OK. I just felt so bad for him. Once I came home, I did my usual Sunday church computer work and the stuff I do for Fat2Fit and then I watched the last day of the sugar summit. I have gotten so much out of this summit. When I watched my first one a couple of years ago, I honestly wasn’t ready for it and filed away much of the information without acting on it. Fast forward to now, when I’ve been doing IF for almost two years and have finally acknowledged that sugar is a real addiction and something, I need to either abstain from or moderate very closely. Switching my eating to low carb/Keto is another huge step for me. My eating is going to be my lifestyle and not a diet to get to my goal weight. If I do that and go back to eating sugar, flour, grains, and processed carbs on a regular basis my weight will come right back with a vengeance. And I really don’t want that to happen! :)

January Goals: 1/17
    No Sugar Challenge: 17 Days sugar-free!
    Fast for 19+ hours: I fasted 20.5 hrs.
    Ate on plan: I was low carb today because I ate too many onions and sundried tomatoes at dinner, but it was sooo good.
    Workout 30+ minutes: I walked 25 minutes on the treadmill. I even jogged for one minute. :grin:
    Drink 96+ oz. of water: I got all my water in for the day
    2021 Focus Word: TRANSFORMATION
  • gwamajtw91
    gwamajtw91 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Friday check in
    gwamajtw91
    PW: 167.5
    CW: 166.2
    Sorry @broncobuddee - late again!!
    I have just finished reading 61 postings since I was last on....wow, so much to read and digest - we have a lot of excellent writers in this group! I am convinced that @raleighgirl09 is my alter ego. Almost everything that you write resonates with me (and yes, I am the "foot off the gas" girl!).

I have been doing very well, but this weekend has been full of bad choices - I am sitting here drinking a big glass of water and trying to get my mind right going forward. Way too much sodium and carbs which I know I'm trying to avoid, but I lacked the willpower to resist when the male members of this household brought home fried chicken & Mexican food...argh!!
    I've got the exercise part down - now to focus on the eating part......

This discussion has been closed.