Mission Slimpossible - January 2021 Team Chat

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,868 Member
    @TwistedSassette I'm sorry you had a headache all day. How is it now? How nice to have the house to yourself! It sounds like you made excellent use of the time.

@TeresaW1020 Yeah, they are easy to find. That's good to hear about the Dasani bottles in case I do run into a problem. The candy bar from India tasted a little like peanut brittle but not as good. It was disappointing. I think that's why I was able to eat only 1/3 of it lol. Can you take those back? I've had good luck with 3rd Love bras...they are very well made (although a bit expensive) and comfortable. You could probably find that size on their website. They are worth the money. Well done on the loss!

Hello friends. I worked out twice yesterday, I ask you: WHO AM I? lol I think I found a correlation between working out and sleep: I seem to get up less in the night/sleep better if I work out right away after work. Eating was really good yesterday, too: I ate below my WW points for the day. I drank a ton of liquids too.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 285 Member
    Username:davors19
    Weigh in day: Friday

PW: 265
    CW: 267
    LTD: 33
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 689 Member
    @TeresaW1020 I have the same bra issues. According to the calculator my cup size is a K. Is that even a real thing? I've always purchased my bras at specialty bra stores like the ones you find in the premium outlet malls and you have to try them on because even the same size bras fit differently. When you find one you like buy one in every colour lol. If the cups fit but the band is too loose you can sew pleats in it. You don't even notice they're there. Congrats on the big loss this month!

Check In
    I'm still having trouble with my Jekyll & Hyde eating pattern. Exercise this week was good and eating during the day is on plan but I always blow it in the evenings. I'm hoping the Beck Diet Solution strategies will help with that.

I'm expecting the next few weeks to be a little rough. We lost a good friend unexpectedly yesterday in a woodcutting accident. He and his wife also own the Chocolate store where I work. My heart breaks for her and his 7yr old son who lived with them. Grief, 6 close friends and chocolate is not going to be a good combination. Life is short. Hug the ones you love.

• itsmegina
    itsmegina Posts: 101 Member
    Username: itsmegina
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 144.2 lb
    CW: 144.0 lb

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,005 Member
    Friday weigh in
    Cornanda
    1/29
    PW: 179.6
    CW: 180.3

+ 0.7

LTD=10.8

I think I had a little too much fun last weekend...... :#
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,005 Member
    Hello all- will try to start posting more again, still been reading every day.

@raleighgirl09 - If you have hypoglycemia sometimes, protein is very helpful. Perhaps the cereal for lunch is too carby for you and you need to add a little protein for balance. Carbs send your blood sugar up and protein keeps it steady. Exercise also makes it go down, so make sure you're not hungry when you set out.

I hate that feeling and you are right- it makes you want/need to eat everything in sight.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @troooworld Wow a double workout! Super proud of you! You are on fire!! B) Yeah, I looked at Third Love and might do an order from them next time. I need something for this wedding and I’m running out of time.

@Jactop Ohhh I am so very sorry for the loss of your friend! What a terrible tragedy. I will pray for his family and those who loved him. :'(

Hi Everyone! Well, the five bras I bought last night didn’t fit at all. So back they went and three more came home. I finally settled on a 36 DD that is the best of the bunch and will do for now. I’m over trying on bras! :s Tomorrow, hubby and I are driving into Atlanta to pick up our chair that we ordered back in October. I’m super excited to get it home and see how it will look in my living room. Hubby is taking me to lunch and we might do a little shopping. It’s going to be a fun day. :)

January Goals: 1/29
    No Sugar Challenge: 29 Days sugar-free!
    Fast for 19+ hours: I fasted 19.5 hrs.
    Ate on plan: It was a Keto day
    Workout 30+ minutes: #MBFA full body burn
    Drink 96+ oz. of water: I got all my water in for the day
    2021 Focus Word: TRANSFORMATION
  • SammyDee2015
    SammyDee2015 Posts: 285 Member
    @TeresaW1020 I gotta pull myself back from trying -and failing- to be active here ( and other online places).
    Can you please NOT add me into the February challenge. Thanks 🙏
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,126 Member
    vegan4lyfe2012
    Sunday
    Week 4
    PW: 192.8
    CW: 194.8

Sorry, guys. Disappointing, I know. I'm hanging on by a tiny thread.
  • mlhopp93
    mlhopp93 Posts: 192 Member
    mlhopp93
    HW -- 355
    Weigh in day Saturday

SW (1/2/2021): 291.6
    1/9/2021: 288.0 (-3.6)
    1/16/2021: 284.0 (-4.0)
    1/23/2021: 277.8 (-6.2)
    1/30/2021: 277.6 (-0.2)

Definitely felt the slingshot effect of a solid weight loss the previous week. The body is amazing in that it will do its own thing even when we give it the same treatment. Stay the course and success will come to each of us. Hope everyone has a safe weekend.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @TeresaW1020 I gotta pull myself back from trying -and failing- to be active here ( and other online places).
    Can you please NOT add me into the February challenge. Thanks 🙏

Of course! @Broncobuddee can move you to support for February. That way you can still pop in whenever you want but you won't be expected to weigh-in. Please let us know if you want to be put back in the challenge in March. Take care of yourself! <3
  • trooworld
    Username:Trooworld
    Weigh in week: Week 4
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    PW: 229.0
    CW: 225.8 :D
    LTD: 22.2
  • trooworld
    @Jactop I'm so very sorry for the loss of your dear friend. Hugs to you. <3

@TeresaW1020 Thank you! Oh yeah, you don't have time to wait around for a bra to show up when the wedding is next week! I hope you find something comfortable. Enjoy shopping today!

Hello friends. I'm so very happy that I had a nice loss this week, I've tried so hard and done everything with such intention, it would have been a shame not to be rewarded at the scale. What I've learned this week is that weight loss takes a lot of effort: you have to pay attention to everything and be very intentional in everything you do. It takes major focus. These things are true for me, but you might have a different experience. This week, I'm trying something new with my meal prep: I saw a YouTuber do this...I am prepping all the ingredients for each meal ahead of time. I will wash and chop the veggies, put all the ingredients for each recipe in its own gallon-sized reusable bag and write on the outside with an erasable marker what recipe that bag is for. That way, I just have to grab the bag and cook the meal! I think it will help a lot.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,013 Member
    The February 2021 Team Chat is now open! Please continue to post today's weigh-ins and stats here. Go to February for introductions and goal setting for the new month:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10823060/mission-slimpossible-february-2021-team-chat/p1?new=1
  • broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    Just a few weigh-ins needed to close out the month (sorry if I missed it in the thread!):

@AustinRuadhain
    @bethanie0825
    @Firefly743
    @RYcare
    @Cstockton18
  • RYcare
    RYcare Posts: 78 Member

User : RYcare
    Weight Day: Saturday
    PW: 235.4
    CW: 235.2

No change this week! While I was hoping to see the 234 it didn’t happen all week, I got on the scale every morning and the number did go up and down but nope didn’t see anything less than 235.
    I guess that is what happens when I think I can get away with more calories every single day of the week. lol. It was great the week before with my eating and exercising, but didn’t last long. No excuse this week and back to IF.
This discussion has been closed.