TEAM: Gutbusters (February)

Options

Replies

• melissadreed903
    melissadreed903 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    SW: 214
    CW: 212.4

Made a chart to keep in my bathroom after weigh in to see the visual. Meeting friends for dinner Sunday so I'm keeping myself in "check" to make sure I don't go overboard. It's fried chicken for crying out loud.. my favorite delicacy! LOL
  • NationalCapital
    NationalCapital Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hi ya... quick question for you. How are you/the other team keeping track of the weight when a couple of decimals are included? For example, if I weigh in at 171.40 how do you track it? 171.40 or 171? Do you round it up or down? Just curious and often wondered. Cheers and thanks.

I'm just a team member, but from what I've seen, weight is captured in tenths of pounds, so 171.40 would be entered as 171.4.

Yes, thank you Frank. ! I suppose if we were weighing in to qualify for the Olympics, we would go to the hundredth of a pound, but for our purposes, we simply stay in with the tenth of a pound, no rounding. :)

Perfect. thanks for confirming. Cheers.
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,203 Member
    Options
    Username: frankwbrown
    Weigh in day/week: Friday/February week 1
    Previous Weight (lbs): 274.6
    Today's Weight (lbs): 273.5 (0.40%)
  • deevo
    deevo Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    @Keepingtrack1234
    Weigh in day is Fri

Feb 5th
    SW 214.0
    CW: 213.6
  • username252020
    username252020 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday!!

How is everyone feeling at the end of week one? What’s keeping you motivated/what’s getting you down?
  • 33gail33
    33gail33 Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options

33gail33
    Week 1
    Saturday
    SW: 209
    CW: 205.5

* I signed up with my starting weight on Jan 24 but since my weigh in day is Saturday this is more like almost 2 weeks - but I guess it still counts? I am a little nervous it might be partly water weight fluctuations but it is what it is I weighed 3 times. Hopefully I don't go back up next week.

My mini-goal for February is to be in the 190's (like safely in - not where minor fluctuations push the first number back to a 2!) When I said in my intro I was at my highest weight ever that wasn't really accurate, I am at my highest weight ever this "go round" but I actually started intentionally losing mid-November at 219. Had a little blip over Christmas and now getting back on track.
  • 33gail33
    33gail33 Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday!!

How is everyone feeling at the end of week one? What’s keeping you motivated/what’s getting you down?

Covid lockdown here is getting me down and sapping my motivation to exercise, but it is also sapping my motivation to cook, and I have no prepared "junk" food in the house, so I am eating less at least.
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday!!

I would love to hear everyone's answers, I could use some motivation! I suppose my motivation, at least for today is the scale, I stepped on it and I was back up again. :( So I got in a nice 30 min walk to start the day. o:)
  • looneycatblue
    Options
    deevo wrote: »
    Hi everyone I am new the this group the biggest loser. I was successful with MFP many years ago. Since then I have gotten married, bought a house, had a kid and put weight back on. No excuses my daughter is 3 now and I need to take care of me. I would love to add some friends for accountability! Please add me
    Thank you
    Heather

You have been busy! Welcome to the group! Yes, you need to take care of yourself too!
  • looneycatblue
    Options
    looneycatblue
    Sat, Feb 6, week 1
    PW: 165.4
    CW: 166.0 ugh!
  • jewels41053
    jewels41053 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Jewels41053
    Weigh in week 1
    SW: 179
    CW: 177.6
  • jewels41053
    jewels41053 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Jewels41053
    Forgot to say my weigh in day is Saturday
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,203 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday!!

After plateauing for a week, my weight finally dropped. But I'm feeling motivated by my increased mobility. Given my problems with hip/knee pain, I've been very limited on steps and distance. But that's changing. I walked 2.0 miles just now (took me 45 minutes).
    So I've joined three challenges at my gym:
    1. February Step Challenge: 2,500 steps on Day 1, increase by 250 steps each day thereafter. That means on Feb 28th, I'll have to take 9,250 steps! (yesterday, I hit 7,000 steps!)
    2. February Run/Walk Challenge: run/walk 50 miles in the month of February.
    3. Spring Sprint 5k challenge: This starts virtually on Monday (I don't have the details yet) and ends with a 5k run/walk on March 20th (I'll be walking). 5k is about 3.1 miles, so this one's an ambitious goal for me.

#getmoving2021
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Keepingtrack1234 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    33gail33 wrote: »
    Happy Saturday!!

Covid lockdown here is getting me down and sapping my motivation to exercise, but it is also sapping my motivation to cook, and I have no prepared "junk" food in the house, so I am eating less at least.

This past week was ROUGH, right? I agree...I have been pretty ok for nearly a year and this week was super hard.
    BUT...what is motivating me to get down to my Happy Weight (I am between 2-5 lbs up after holidays...) is that this isn't forever! I think summer will be more normal (I was actually vaccinated, as I am essential as a teacher teaching each day in person) but gotta wait for my family too! I am excited to be out and about in warm weather SOON! (I say this on a day when the high in Chicago is literally 5!!)
  • Jodee2021
    Jodee2021 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Week 1
    SW 185
    CW 184.8
  • emmie_1245
    emmie_1245 Posts: 17 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Emmie_1245
    Weigh in day: Sunday