WaistAways - February 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,216 Member
    Options
    DD265 wrote: »
    Chiropractor thinks I have tendonitis in both knees from tight quads.
    That is (fairly) good news! Tightness can be worked on. I am sure you have some fave sites to help this out, but I can't resist sharing this one. As a flutist, tightness, tendonitis, pain and weirdness happens a lot in the neck, shoulders, arms, hands - and the stretching/strengthening routines on this site have been the biggest help I found anywhere. They are well researched, kind of fun, and their site has a lot of free articles even if you don't join one of their programs.
    https://gmb.io/tag/flexibility/
    micki48 wrote: »
    Good morning and happy Tuesday. I get my second dose of vaccine a week from today. Woke up and did my pilates first thing. Did not play with my phone except to check my sleep number--86. I completed 30 minutes of Pilates this morning. It was a stretch and relax one. I don't usually do 30 mins, I stick to 15, but this one was on the calendar and was really good. I felt loose muscles and real tight ones. Our instructor is having a 5 day - 15 minute a day challenge starting next Monday if anyone is interested. It's online and it's free. If you sign up, she'll even send you daily reminders to your email. Her name is Robin Long and it's called Balanced Life. If there is any interest here, I will post a link. Let me know.
    I second the invite to the 5 day Pilates challenge - 15 minutes a day has a big impact, and Robin Long is a good instructor. Her site includes lots of tutorials and progressions (also available free on YouTube) so even if you are a beginner or have restrictions, there are lots of ways to adapt. I have even managed to keep up with it all year with my crazy butt injury - check it out if you want to join the 5 day free thing.

WTG, @micki48 on getting straight up to do your exercise before falling into the black hole! I still have a lot of trouble doing that...

I have lots of phone calls to make today (ugh) and it's yogurt making day. And cleaning. I get my staples out tomorrow! Can't wait. Have a great Tuesday, everyone!
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Thanks @jugar, I'm always interested to check out potential new exercises/techniques, especially at the moment when I can't get to my physio.

The desks are in! They'll take a bit of getting used to as they are very different to our old ones, and we have some organisation to do before everything is spot on. The white drawers will come off mine; I have a monitor arm to mount the monitor (there ought to be two, waiting on OH to get his new one and I'm having his old one) and I need to declutter the drawers/cupboard, plus buy some shorter cables (I can't stand cables everywhere). I have one print to put up, but otherwise the walls will stay bare for now.

I'm very pleased with them; they aren't perfect - but that's part of the reclaimed charm - and as novice DIYers I don't think we could've done a better job.

svdmncg3l9fs.jpg
    c9szpt1dtyj8.jpg
  • sunny9847
    sunny9847 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Met all goals today. Steps12,368
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    @jugar I've been getting them too. I didn't know we could report them, thanks @Pearl4686.
    I've been emotionally eating since the weekend. New job paperwork hiccups caused way more stress than necessary. It's all sorted now but it may have given me the excuse I was looking for to snack more than I should have.
    I've got the rest of this week to sort out where I'm going to eventually put a desk (very envious of yours @DD265) and figure out a food/exercise strategy for working from home. I will be saving an hour and a half every day on my commute so I want to focus on spending at least half of that time on activity. The other half will just be lost to sleep. I sleep like a teenager. 12 hours per day if I can get away with it! The alarm won't be set for 5am anymore, it will be set for 20 minutes before I have to login... 😉

@Terytha that hoodie looks great! Love the artwork on the back. Congrats on all your hard work to get to that size.

It's going to be warmer and super snowy the rest of this week so it's likely that my skating rink will melt away but it will save me a bunch of shovelling... Sorta!

K, fingers crossed for a green weigh in tomorrow. Not too likely, but you never know!

• micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    @Terytha You look fabulous! What a great feeling that the no X size is a little loose. You have worked so hard. Enjoy that feeling. You've worked hard for it.

@DD265 You tables/desks look great. How nice to have such a beautiful place to work. Congratulations on your hard work.

@jugar Congratulations on your next milestone of walking to the mailbox. You will be 100% before you know it. Yes, I am getting those friend requests too. grrrrrr!

@Kali225 Way to go on your spot removal. That is amazing on a white comforter. Glad you enjoyed your vacation. You will have that extra weight off in no time. You've got this.

@sunny9847 Nice job on your consistent dedication to meeting those goals. I see you upping those daily steps. Great work!

@pearl4686 Nice work on beating your best 5k time. That's quite an accomplishment.

@PlaneMonkey Glad that your hiccup with the new job is resolved now. How wonderful that you have no commute and a bit extra time for your exercise and sleep. I love my sleep too. I don't get 12 hours, but I get a good 7 and that is better than a lot of women my age. So for that, I am thankful. I once had to get up at 5am every day for my commute to work. It lasted 5 years and I NEVER got used to it. I was operating on so little sleep back then. All that said, enjoy your new position and new found time.

Today was beautiful. Warm and sunny. I did my Pilates first thing and took a leisurely walk with my granddaughter. She brought a basket and had so much fun picking up tons of sticky gum balls. I told her I'd pay her to pick up the ones in my yard. She's so darn cute. She kept saying my mommy is going to be so surprised. Logged all my food and my calories were under goal. I am almost at 10k steps today. Pretty good day.

Does anyone use a roller? I have started using one I got. Oh my!!!! It feels so good on all the sore muscles. Almost as good as a massage, but not quite. I am definitely enjoying it.

Enjoy your evening friends!
  • jugar
    Options
    @micki48 The foam roller is the best invention!! I love that thing.
  • micki48
    Options
    zgk6mjces7w6.png

WAISTAWAYS WEEK 3 STEP RESULTS

TOTAL TEAM STEPS - 521,197

k96ewevnjoxt.png

STEP STARS

1st - @Kali225 97,590
    2nd - @sunny9847 90,740
    3rd - @Pearl4686 80,653

STEPPERS MEETING DAILY STEP GOAL

@Kali225 7/7
    @sunny9847 7/7
    @YinxFed 5/7
    @MandiSaysHey 4/7
    @Pearl4686 4/7

g1qho5w8pfqr.png
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    @PlaneMonkey you must be pretty tall - you look great! I'm working toward that type of photo with pants that are just too wide for me. It hasn't been that way for a while but it'll get there eventually.
    More soon...weigh in tomorrow morning!
    My scale is a wicked liar,as it turns out. When it's on a fluffy rug, it reads that I'm a full ten pounds lighter than when it's on the floor. Good thing I weigh myself standing on the floor.
  • jugar
    Options
    YinxFed wrote: »
    So I just remembered that I signed up for a 25km charity (MS) walk back at the beginning of the year. Actually my sponsorship t-shirt arrived this morning! Well the walk isn't until September, but as well as my sponsorship, I need to put together a proper walking training plan. It's a good thing too - gives me something to focus on for the next few months!

Hope you're all having fun Tuesdays!

This is fantastic! Share your training plan as you go - maybe a few people will join you :heart:
  • jugar
    Options
    Weigh-in Update
    It seems some people may have been having trouble getting on to post yesterday. Let's hope it stays on now!

Due Monday - Tuesday:
    @MandiSaysHey
    @fuschiabolero
    @sarkrisd

Due Wednesday:
    @PlaneMonkey
    @AshenMoon
    @EvMakesChanges
    @KellyBgetsFit
    @Pearl4686

That will wrap up your February and get you ready to step into March. Hard to believe, isn't it?
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Wednesday weigh-in
    PW 86.3
    CW 85.7
    Happy with this. Going in the right direction.
  • jugar
    Options
    Pearl4686 wrote: »
    Wednesday weigh-in
    PW 86.3
    CW 85.7
    Happy with this. Going in the right direction.

You had a loss every week this month! Great Growing Green Streak!
  • MandiSaysHey
    MandiSaysHey Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I am super late, sorry. Monday weigh in

Pw:212.6
    Cw: 212.2

Happy there was still a bit of a loss because i was off the rails most of last week.
  • micki48
    Options
    Welcome to wonderful Wednesday! Just finished 10 minute side Pilates workout. Now for coffee and breakfast. Maybe I'll get to Costco today. LOL

Have a great one.
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    CW 152.2
    PW 151.8
This discussion has been closed.