WaistAways - February 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,216 Member
    Options
    I'll have a pretzel @micki48 !

Well, before stumbling off to bed - reminders for Sunday and Monday weigh-ins:
    @mbakhtiaruz
    @CurvyCalorie
    @MandiSaysHey
    @DD265
    @fuschiabolero

Enjoy the start of week 4! And check out this week's challenge.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10825296/february-week-four-no-junk-food-challenge#latest
  • once_mas
    once_mas Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    @jugar

Mbakhtiaruz
    Sunday
    PW 61.5kg
    CW 62.5 kg
    LTD 6.3 kg
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    @jugar

DD265
    PW 86.5
    CW 86

Unsurprisingly I am exhausted today. I'm too tired to be stressed so that's a positive. I got the remainder of the batch cooking done, but OH didn't finish fitting the batons to the desks until about 10pm, so I didn't do the final varnish coats yesterday. If I can get them done before my chiropractor appointment I will, otherwise I won't do them before tomorrow; I avoid anything which puts strain on my body (like the bending and reaching to varnish would) immediately after a session.

I did eat my exercise calories yesterday (I felt that I needed the fuel!) but have had a nice loss this week which I'm pleased with. Hoping next week's result takes me under 86 and I get a new starting number.

I want to train myself to be active (maybe not quite so active..) as a stress response, instead of comfort eating. I'm revisiting a mindfulness course I did a few years ago which should help.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    i2pcccwu37ym.jpg
    ulg0sc7xbb0c.png
    lqptw4mhgv1v.png
    tvigzonkiltc.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    77s8r8uw1erz.png

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    je24ocuqyh8j.png

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @davidji82 2.51 %
    2nd @draby2011 1.93%
    3rd @theresam787 1.92 %

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @davidji82 6.8 Lbs
    2nd @draby2011 4.8 Lbs
    3rd @heatherbluebell 3.46 Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @deniners2
    @eggfreak
    @tiataleah
    @shnerb00
    @PlaneMonkey
    @trooworld
    @Firefly743
    @itsmegina
    @rachelrjh
    @kerdil08
    @888Angie888

qcuny7snadqc.png

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 41,068 Member
    Options
    You have a new member heading your way .... Please welcome @MzBossy :)
  • sunny9847
    sunny9847 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Met all goals today. Steps 12,408
  • sunny9847
    sunny9847 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Sorry steps 13,408 Mistake above.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Kali225 wrote: »
    Wow, I had 5 pages to catch up on!! I definitely went into full vacation mode. I did keep up with my steps each day, mostly some cold winter walks with my mom in the snow, and took a great yoga sculpt class on Thursday night. But pretty lazy otherwise! Some happy hour snacking and definitely got behind on yoga, but that's what vacation is for. May not be the friendliest weigh-in tomorrow - ah well. It'll come off eventually.

@micki48
    tardy on steps for this week!

vkbkq3vnu51x.png

I had almost 400 emails to go through this morning.... gonna be a fun workday.

You're good. Thanks for the steps. Looking for some more steps from others as well.

@evangsimmons170 need the whole week and @fuschiabolero Tuesday through Sat, but I understand it may have been a crazy week for you two in Texas. We hope you are ok.

@MandiSaysHey I need Saturday from you
    @kiay131982 2/15 through 2/20
    @CurvyCalorie all week (although I may have missed some)
    @KellyBgetsfit all week
    @Pearl4686 Sunday 2/14

I did 27 minutes of Pilates and took a 37 minute 2 mile walk. Logged all my food and just said no to ice cream. It was a good day. My husband even played Yatzee with me. :)
  • micki48
    Options
    Pearl4686 wrote: »
    @micki48 steps
    22/02 8854 & a 30 minute strength workout.

Was this for 2/20? You posted it on 2/21 but said it was for 2/22.
  • jugar
    Options
    Well I disappeared for the day! I had some appointments and errands, and then a nap. Of course now I'm wide awake at bedtime!

@CurvyCalorie welcome to the Goal Zone maintenance part of the team! It will be fun to have some company there. Think about how you want to define your "zone" - what your minimum and maximum for maintenance would be. Most people use around a 5 pound limit beyond which you do NOT want to go in either direction. This can be changed at any time if you want to adjust it. Keep weighing in every week, and we'll see how it goes! There is also a discussion thread for everyone who is in maintenance. It is worth going back to read the earlier posts, and to join in whenever the spirit moves you. It is not a super active thread, but it is a good place for the few of us to share ideas.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10803339/goal-zone-maintenance-chat#latest
  • jugar
    Options
    Welcome @MzBossy ! Love the name. We can all use a bit of bossy from time to time!

So I'll get bossy and remind you about the next weigh-ins:
    @MandiSaysHey
    @fuschiabolero
    @Kali225
    @sarkrisd

Thanks!
  • kiay131982
    kiay131982 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Morning. Sorry for the delay and reduction in number of steps...I wasn't very well yesterday.

@micki48

15th 11921
    16th 7954
    17th 7096
    18th 9317
    19th 8551
    20th 13254
    21st 15439
    22nd 4654
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    Pearl4686 wrote: »
    @micki48 steps
    22/02 8854 & a 30 minute strength workout.

Was this for 2/20? You posted it on 2/21 but said it was for 2/22.

@micki48
    I use a very old fashioned stepcounter which literally just counts steps. So there is no way for me to check! Also can't retrieve any missed days. Sorry!

Steps 22 Feb: 4911 no workout
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    @conleywoods They're going in the office this evening - I managed to get them varnished before I went to the chiropractor so they're ready to go. All that's left to do in the room then is fill the hole around the light fitting (the new fitting is smaller than the old one, so there's a gap in the plaster) and repair a hairline crack in the fresh plaster because I'm a perfectionist. Those are jobs for the weekend, though. We also need some artwork on the walls but that will probably take time to find (though I have a small print already).

Chiropractor thinks I have tendonitis in both knees from tight quads. Based on how it felt when he was massaging, I'm inclined to agree with him! The fact that it's in both is a good sign - less injury, more niggle - and I am familiar with tendonitis as I get it in my shoulder(s) so I know how to deal with it. I also had sore glutes (the right one particularly), back and neck from bending awkwardly doing the varnishing, so very glad I brought the appointment forwards.

Plan is to walk tonight, I might do a walk/run tomorrow (or just a run, but probably quite short to test the waters) and just take it easy this week. Stopping is not an option - my body hates inactivity - and it's a reminder to do the strength work that I keep slacking with. Once the desks are in the office, we can continue decorating the spare bedroom and that brings us closer to having the garage functioning as a gym again. I can't wait!
  • micki48
    Options
    Good morning and happy Tuesday. I get my second dose of vaccine a week from today. Woke up and did my pilates first thing. Did not play with my phone except to check my sleep number--86. I completed 30 minutes of Pilates this morning. It was a stretch and relax one. I don't usually do 30 mins, I stick to 15, but this one was on the calendar and was really good. I felt loose muscles and real tight ones. Our instructor is having a 5 day - 15 minute a day challenge starting next Monday if anyone is interested. It's online and it's free. If you sign up, she'll even send you daily reminders to your email. Her name is Robin Long and it's called Balanced Life. If there is any interest here, I will post a link. Let me know.

Now to my coffee and off for a quick trip to Costco. I tried to go last night, drove all the way there, parked, and realized I did not have my purse, thus my member card, credit card or driver's license for that matter. :o Oh well, take two this morning.

Have a great day everyone. Should be a warmer one here.
This discussion has been closed.